** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING

teaulc

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: next leg Mon.25th Movember NLHE welcome to the forum AMRN, be great to see you getting involved with us,look forward to meeting up with you tomorrow.

For the record, I was one of those that won a second seat by winning two freerolls. Re the post quoted above, actually there was a reasonably significant incentive to play - the winner of each freeroll picked up €150 worth of Winamax tournament tokens. I can categorically confirm that I did not pass chips or cheat in any other way, as might be suggested in the post above - I did however make use of appropriately timed aggression against those who I knew were hunting for points - and that's the whole beauty of the format. I asked PP what would happen with my second seat, and they told me I could pass it on, and I have done. I was surprised that this was the ruling tbh, and was prepared to accept a different outcome. I see that for the next GP they have tightened up the rules and if a second seat is won, it goes down the league to the highest placed non seat winner which is probably about right. I actually tried to give my second seat to friends that I knew had played the GP series, but they had either already qualified, or were unable to make the live final. Looking forward to tomorrow - best of luck to those from this forum that have made it through.

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: next leg Mon.25th Movember NLHE

For the record, I was one of those that won a second seat by winning two freerolls. Re the post quoted above, actually there was a reasonably significant incentive to play - the winner of each freeroll picked up €150 worth of Winamax tournament tokens. I can categorically confirm that I did not pass chips or cheat in any other way, as might be suggested in the post above - I did however make use of appropriately timed aggression against those who I knew were hunting for points - and that's the whole beauty of the format. I asked PP what would happen with my second seat, and they told me I could pass it on, and I have done. I was surprised that this was the ruling tbh, and was prepared to accept a different outcome. I see that for the next GP they have tightened up the rules and if a second seat is won, it goes down the league to the highest placed non seat winner which is probably about right. I actually tried to give my second seat to friends that I knew had played the GP series, but they had either already qualified, or were unable to make the live final. Looking forward to tomorrow - best of luck to those from this forum that have made it through.
welcome to the forum AMRN' date=' be great to see you getting involved with us,look forward to meeting up with you tomorrow.[/quote'] :welcome Steve, good to see you here. We've got some new leagues starting up, you're welcome to join in. Good luck tomorrow. :ok PS. Al (& rest of mods), both yours and Steve's post were in moderation, which means they are not visible other than to mods until they are approved. I've dealt, but keep an eye out in future, all mods have it in their job description. ;)

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: next leg Mon.25th Movember NLHE Early news from London isn't good I'm afraid, Teaulc gone KK vs AA after losing a chunk with AK vs player chasing every street and catching the river. Live poker is rigged imo, very ul mate :( No news on others as yet, Al understandably off to find a pint of something, someone else's blood If it were me I would imagine :D

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING I'm out in 29th. In 100 hands only had a pair once and my QQ raise was not called. Nursed a short stack for 2 hours. Survived an all in against on of the poker player mag team who had been bullying the table. Hit my K against his 99's and doubled up to 12,000, still well below the 23,000 average. Moved to a new table with guy who had already had multiple hands of AA, KK and JJ. First hand he calls a shove by Like a fish with AK. He has AK. split pot. next hand on button with blinds up to 1000/500 and me still around 12,000 I raise with 9/6 suited. Soved on by same guy who shows JJ after I fold. 2 hands later I shove with A2 and am immedietly called by same guy who guess what has JJ again. He then proceeds to hit a straight when an Ace falls on the river and Im out. Nightmare day. The only good part was then I finally got my punters lounge t shirt. Thanks Al

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING busted 17th out of 37th, jammed Preflop from CO and ran in to the BB's Aces, no miracle board to save me. Great day out, was nice to put a face to a PL name :-) and have a chat with you guys. Everyone at the tourney was great, enjoyed the tourney and the company :-) Shame no bink! Stall3y you left without your payment slip! but us PL guys knew who you are! so we told them and so keep an eye out in your winamax account for your prize! Sorry to bust you bud, had to Jam!

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING

busted 17th out of 37th, jammed Preflop from CO and ran in to the BB's Aces, no miracle board to save me. Great day out, was nice to put a face to a PL name :-) and have a chat with you guys. Everyone at the tourney was great, enjoyed the tourney and the company :-) Shame no bink! Stall3y you left without your payment card, but us PL guys knew who you are! so we told them and so keep an eye out in your winamax account for your prize! Sorry to bust you bud, had to Jam!
Good cash. You forgot to mention you won £180 with your free £5 aspers slot voucher. I managed £3.60. good to meet u

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING A great day and nice to meet a few of you , im only now starting to feel normal as i got a bit carried away on the juice .unless i was dreaming i came 1st but cant remember much after there was 3 of us left :\ we missed the last train home , lost my jacket (i only brought it yesterday), no trophy like2fish are you sure it was mine im sure you went ages before i left , there again i wouldnt remember

A great day and nice to meet a few of you , im only now starting to feel normal as i got a bit carried away on the juice .unless i was dreaming i came 1st but cant remember much after there was 3 of us left :\ we missed the last train home , lost my jacket (i only brought it yesterday), no trophy like2fish are you sure it was mine im sure you went ages before i left , there again i wouldnt remember
Nice one stall3y, and good effort to all the PL players, sounds like a good tourny :ok What did you win mate? might make up for losing a jacket and missing your train?

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING This is what i have won For the winner!

• €1.1k Dublin Winamax Poker Open package
  • A seat at the next PokerPlayer Grand Prix online final
  • A seat at the 2014 PokerPlayer Tour Grand Final worth £220
  • Two articles following your progress in PokerPlayer magazine
  • Two follow-up pieces on the PokerPlayer website
  • The Ultimate Guide to Poker MagBook
  • Pack of PokerPlayer playing cards
  • PokerPlayer t-shirt and PokerPlayer branding to wear in live events

And there is a total prize pool of €5,000 including the winners prize

Re: Poker Player Mag. Grand Prix 8 / Winamax: LIVE FINAL RAILING Well done, great result. I know Dave Woods and Amrn were keen to take the prize, if you can remember who were 2nd & 3rd? Look forward to following your progress on the forum and in the mag. I believe it was Repton (may have got that wrong) that left without getting credited with prize money, probably rushed off to catch train back to Halifax!

Well done, great result. I know Dave Woods and Amrn were keen to take the prize, if you can remember who were 2nd & 3rd? Look forward to following your progress on the forum and in the mag. I believe it was Repton (may have got that wrong) that left without getting credited with prize money, probably rushed off to catch train back to Halifax!
I thought any winnings were being paid into our winamax accounts not at the tourney

A great day and nice to meet a few of you , im only now starting to feel normal as i got a bit carried away on the juice .unless i was dreaming i came 1st but cant remember much after there was 3 of us left :\ we missed the last train home , lost my jacket (i only brought it yesterday), no trophy like2fish are you sure it was mine im sure you went ages before i left , there again i wouldnt remember
Haha, sorry mate, I got confused! Met a few PL's for the 1st time and got you & Repton confused, sorry! Big well done on the win! I remember now who you was on the day! You have less hair then I do ;-) lols Sorry to hear you lost your jacket and the trophy :-( I got told winnings were being paid in to our accounts.