** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ashes - In play/Discussion thread

Primevil

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......YOUR WRONG..................
you seem to know your stuff,but jeeeez you aint half boring m8,your a cricket expert/groundsman and weather man all rolled into 1,telling people to get on the draw at 1/8 nailed on free money,nothing is nailed on in the betting game m8,ok its the likely outcome but give it a rest.

Re: A MORE CERTAIN THING.......YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE....

The draw today' date=' in the 3rd test....more chance of a meteor striking earth today, than this not happening today....The easiest money you will ever pick up off the ground...1/8 bet victor.....1/10 most others....FREE MONEY..IM TELLIN YA...Go and pick it up.....even if it stops raining....it still takes 90 mins minimum to clear the surface afterwards..[/quote'] 1/2 the draw now. :)

you seem to know your stuff' date='but jeeeez you aint half boring m8,your a cricket expert/groundsman and weather man all rolled into 1,telling people to get on the draw at 1/8 nailed on free money,nothing is nailed on in the betting game m8,ok its the likely outcome but give it a rest.[/quote'] He is the self proclaimed expert on all things. He will be back here to say i rold you so if its a draw later. You will however notice he is awfully quiet at this moment. He will vanish for a few days if there is a result much like dawn approach "the greatest even money shot ever" crashed and burned in the derby He is entertaining though i will credit him that ;) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread Thoroughly amusing his posts, it's as if he can foresee the future with certainty, his picks for this test have been way off however if it ends up being a draw he'll be back here claiming he's the second coming of Nostradamus

I hope nobody went too big on the draw.
At the time of the post it may have been a tiny bit worrying but the rain was always going to be there for 'plan B'. I waited, and waited and then fought hard to get 1.03 around 8ish this morning after much pondering. It depends on how much you think 'big' is.

Thoroughly amusing his posts' date=' it's as if he can foresee the future with certainty, his picks for this test have been way off however if it ends up being a draw he'll be back here claiming he's the second coming of Nostradamus[/quote']list were I have been way off..list were I have been spot on in this series...please

Thoroughly amusing his posts' date=' it's as if he can foresee the future with certainty, his picks for this test have been way off however if it ends up being a draw he'll be back here claiming he's the second coming of Nostradamus[/quote'] you was right :)

im not to far from ground and rain looks very likely but has done for a while.
You were correct........in the end, but every blind squirrel finds the occasional nut...thanks for all your positive input on this test, watch out for those splinters....Btw...the weather was always forecast

You were correct........in the end' date=' but every blind squirrel finds the occasional nut...thanks for all your positive input on this test, watch out for those splinters....Btw...the weather was always forecast[/quote'] im always right.:)

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread Who compiles bookmakers odds?...do they have their own opinion?..Nevermind...the 4th test odds almost identical to 3rd test....well I'll tell you all here and now..the draw will not happen..you can scratch that...at around 2/1...that is the lay...two teams who will be bowling out of their skins to get a win...and I will be surprised if Tuesday is required...WEATHER will not be an issue for 5 days...so lay the draw, is what I say.

How do you come to the conclusion that Weather will not be a issue??? The test match is in Durham and there is rain forecast for all five days of the test with heavy rain forecast on day two.The pitch should help get a result because I'm sure the seamers will get some help here but to say scratch the draw is talking rubbish quite frankly. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

How do you come to the conclusion that Weather will not be a issue??? The test match is in Durham and there is rain forecast for all five days of the test with heavy rain forecast on day two.The pitch should help get a result because I'm sure the seamers will get some help here but to say scratch the draw is talking rubbish quite frankly. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum
which Durham are you looking at,,?....Heavy rain this Saturday...no way .....you may get the odd shower here and there, over 4-5 days, but nothing like we seen yesterday evening or this afternoon... SAT SUN MON...WILL BE RAIN FREE..FRIDAY, MAY GET A SHOWER LATE IN THE AFTERNOON...TUESDAY..is showing more cloud than the previous...however, 4 days of seem bowling, will be enough...and whoever bats first on this wicket..hold an advantage in my book...but your weather forecast is way ott

I have to say to out self appointed oracle of weather that the forecast i am looking at for durham is rain in the forecast friday and sunday and no that isnt durham north carolina its durham. County durham uk. Weather forecasts are pointless anyway they are as often wrong as they are right this far in advance Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say to out self appointed oracle of weather that the forecast i am looking at for durham is rain in the forecast friday and sunday and no that isnt durham north carolina its durham. County durham uk. Weather forecasts are pointless anyway they are as often wrong as they are right this far in advance Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
They're often wrong the day before, the met forecast seems to change every hour. All we've got to go on, but I wouldnt put much confidence in them.

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread For a start you were certain England would win I think your prediction was it would pretty much be over by sat evening, you also said the Aussies would be out by 5 pm on the first day and then when they were3/303 they would be out for under 450, really the only thing you came close to being right on was the weather buddy..

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread guys, get on England's first innings runs! It's only around 415 over or under. At ladbrokes even better at 405 over or under. Yes, there is rain forecast for much of tomorrow but what about the following day Sunday?-quite a lot of sun. If England don't add another 160-180 (or more) I'd be very surprised. Get on fellas! They won't even want to give Australia another bat. Let em chase ball for the rest of the test and stay in for as long as possible.

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread That's all well and good but who are getting these runs? These two are ok but then there's Prior without a run all series and four bowlers who've all been roughed up by the short ball already (except Kerrigan but he's a complete rabbit). Huge difference between us not wanting to let them bat again and being good enough not to let them bat again.