** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ashes - In play/Discussion thread

Primevil

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Ashes Possibly mate,,,,, But I reckon This is all over, bar the shouting...261-6...Reckon they will post min 300....That would have to be a record on this pitch for a 4th inns for a win,,,,..The average score is 149...and there is a lot of data in that. To say this wicket is a beast for bowlers on the 4th n 5th day...is a understatement. England will declare at Tea tomorrow if they get there..and then your looking at around 400, In reality, Once these two get over a 100 and 50 respectively, they will go for it in the morning session...300 as a first target..then swing away, because they know even with broad not at 100%...Swan will get this turning at right angles..The pitch was intentially drained of water all spring, to get it as much as an Indian wicket as possible..as dry as a bone...You seen today, there is no bounce/life in it....Australians don't/cant play on dry wickets....The only team I recall to bat out a draw(without the weather help) on this wicket was India...IN there prime....and England almost had them...they spent 8 hrs at the wicket, for 8 wickets down...England win for me.:D

Re: The Ashes

i guess i'll just let the bet ride on england no need to hedge...hope for a even better day for england tomo :ok:ok:ok
Good choice....Youll get people saying defo draw etc...if England get 340 plus...None of it m8....England have the best..and I mean the best bowling attack in the last innings of a test...BAR NONE....and 4-5 sessions to go at it...With a rampant Saturday afternoon crowd behind them...One things for sure, it wont be played in silence,,Only Clarke will be able to cope with any pressure for me, The rest will fold like a pack of cards, they have history for it when the crowds against them.:D

Irrespective of who wins this match' date=' England was robbed by two contentious umpiring decisions...One a stumping which should have been given out and two, an lbw given out by the video umpire, even though it was ovious the ball was knicked first....from what Ive seen so far, England will win this series....[/quote']Looks like the cricket gods have evened things up a bit...!!! I hope Broad gets a hundred...

Re: The Ashes Having to hedge my bet on England... Australia are looking like they will take this.. Aus @ $2.02 149-3 , 162 to win... 7 in hand.. PS I FKN HATE HEDGING AND WILL NEVER BET ON ENGLAND EVER AGAIN... AFTER THE FIRST DAY & HALF I WAS LAUGHING SAYING HOW EASY IS THIS... now i am kind of not even hedging cos I have england last leg in a multiple. So in truth if aus win i am down $450, If England win Im up $1700.. no good...

Re: The Ashes Oh ye of little faith....A full day batting for Australia....with only 4 wickets left......More chance of it raining all day tomorrow, than Australia winning this....NOT A HOPE!,,Cancel tea that's for sure, Champagne for tea:cow

Oh ye of little faith....A full day batting for Australia....with only 4 wickets left......More chance of it raining all day tomorrow' date=' than Australia winning this....NOT A HOPE!,,Cancel tea that's for sure, Champagne for tea:cow[/quote'] Doesnt normally happen but for once primevil we agree!! ;) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Your hijacking and running commentary on this thread primevil certainly puts me off this forum. Thanks you will probably save me a lot of time.
sorry....Im confused, the majority if not all, of MY posts, have been at a break in play, Lunch tea close of play....OTT saying its a running commentary,,,Dont think im out of order here, Maybe a MOD can adjudicate ?

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread Dear me there's been some right 'girlie' posts on here today :lol. England were never out of it at all today. They were always in control. 311 is a huge number ;). I dread to think what this thread will be like in a genuinely tight test :loon. Primevil, nothing wrong with your posts mate but it has made me think we need an in play or discussion thread to separate the talk from the bets so I've opened up this thread. So all live chat/in play discussion in here please chaps and bets in the other thread :ok

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread I've enjoyed the banter, although at one stage I wanted to ring your neck Primevil..I backed England h2h and last leg of a decent multi ...but looking better now ...didn't hedge and don't think I will ...but geez it's been abit nerve racking heaps of swings in this test.

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread I love this series...There are so many swings n turns, But stats on wickets in the most stand up, and that is at every level of the game, If you play club cricket, your pitch will usually favour 1 or the other. The game is not over yet lads, But that draw should be 10,000/1 for the 1st test...And also bear in mind that if AUS are 9 down at 1pm today, England will have another 30 mins before Lunch is taken to bowl the last wicket......The new ball will also be available to England just before Lunch...That's the time Australia may go for it if they only have 6 still down, However England know that so they may continue with the softer ball....I would!

Re: Ashes - In play/Discussion thread For all those not in the UK....The 2nd Test at Lords, this Thursday 18th July....According to all weather Forecast ...In London for the whole 5 days, will be very little to nothing in the way of rain, or bad light. So we can expect in the most part, 5 full days. Obviously take that into account in your wagers for that test.:ok