** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ashes - In play/Discussion thread

Primevil

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Ashes

hope ur right primeevil!! lumped on big gl all:ok
Its a very dry pitch, England will look to make it big here,,,over 350 min....all day n one or two sessions tomorrow will do......And try to make Australia follow on.....They have strenghthend the bowling line up with Finn....Thing about this bet, you can go too deep....MAN FOR MAN England are better, yes Ausies will play a bit better than they have, but come late Friday n all day Saturday....Drunk n leary home crowd backing every ball that comes in.....Shane Watson will crumble under that pressure...

Re: The Ashes Yes ..still confident, I will be shocked if England cant skittle them out for 160...Any weather conditions favouring bowling will be in the morning, after 2pm wall to wall sunshine....But you know what, a lead of 250 for England will do it, because from the 3rd day this ball will go at right angles.....Q..Swaney!8/13 Best Price England now, That is still value to me.

Re: The Ashes People are saying awful cricket...ITS A BLOODY TEST MATCH...5 DAYS max..were only at the close of the 2nd day, we have had everything in two days....Good job you lot weren't around when a certain G.Boycott was batting.....:wall...I digress....England are now in front,,,probably around 20 overs left in the day, first n formost these two need to stay there till stumps....maybe 30 lead, be happy with that....Next ENGLAND need to bat at least 2 sessions or even all day tomorrow,,If they do, even at 2-2.5 an over,,,they will be on around 220...That's a competitive chase...Id say 300 will be a winning score if England can get there, that will be some achievement, However id be over the moon with 265....Problem is as im watching....THE SPINNERS ARE GETTING IT TO TURN....Whats it going to be like on the 4th day....IF we ever get there........GL with all your bets....

People are saying awful cricket...ITS A BLOODY TEST MATCH...5 DAYS max..were only at the close of the 2nd day' date=' we have had everything in two days....Good job you lot weren't around when a certain G.Boycott was batting.....:wall...I digress....England are now in front,,,probably around 20 overs left in the day,[b'] first n formost these two need to stay there till stumps....maybe 30 lead, be happy with that....Next ENGLAND need to bat at least 2 sessions or even all day tomorrow,,If they do, even at 2-2.5 an over,,,they will be on around 220...That's a competitive chase...Id say 300 will be a winning score if England can get there, that will be some achievement, However id be over the moon with 265....Problem is as im watching....THE SPINNERS ARE GETTING IT TO TURN....Whats it going to be like on the 4th day....IF we ever get there........GL with all your bets....
First of all i havent had a bet in the game so it isnt my money talking,secondly why assume "us lot" wasnt around during the boycott days and thirdly ill re-phrase my post to say the first 2 days of play have been terrible,it hasnt been good bowling and defo not good batting or do you disagree apart from the exception of agar?.......................just read my post back and it isnt meant to sound abrupt in any way primeval,just an opinion m8.

First of all i havent had a bet in the game so it isnt my money talking' date='secondly why assume "us lot" wasnt around during the boycott days and thirdly ill re-phrase my post to say the first 2 days of play have been terrible,it hasnt been good bowling and defo not good batting or do you disagree apart from the exception of agar?.......................just read my post back and it isnt meant to sound abrupt in any way primeval,just an opinion m8.[/quote'] Each to their opinion...I think its been a cracking two days...I really do...I apologise in my previous....However 80-2...all to play for tomorrow...another 250 to get into a concreate winning position, as this wicket will only get worse.....SUNNY all day tomorrow afternoon...There may be some cloud cover in the morning....That would be intresting...SATURDAY ...Sunny cloud cover and a possible shower or 2...The 1st session tomorrow...will determine which way this goes.......I have traded out my stake at 1.47...went to a low of 1.18:sad...Still a nice profit if they pull it off....GL in your bets all...

i hope england do really pull it off..got alot riding on it...but the batting has been disgraceful by both the teams...here's to a good day for england tomo primevil:ok
As I said m8 the first session tomorrow, is HUGE, if England get to lunch on say 150-3,,they have a big chance of batting the rest of the day, anything above 250 lead will be hard to get on day 4 , it will be turning to square by then, starc's foot marks will be key.:D

Re: The Ashes Irrespective of who wins this match, England was robbed by two contentious umpiring decisions...One a stumping which should have been given out and two, an lbw given out by the video umpire, even though it was ovious the ball was knicked first....from what Ive seen so far, England will win this series....

Re: The Ashes Yes ...the two decisions....The 1st....You can argue all day long of...(if anything) what was behind the line...The benefit of doubt was given to the batsman.....The 2nd....WAS A HOWLER by the 3rd upmpire,,,the replay alone...shows Trott hit it first, ....The benefit of doubt was not given to the batsman.......For me Umpiring is simple....the 3rd umpire just complicates things.... You start to rely on technology, and when its not available, more mistakes happen, as it was yesterday.

Re: The Ashes Some iffy decisions in this game that's true.......England bat well to 8....So im leaving what I have left on England.. Anything over 200 will be very difficult on this pitch..Watson on, he is poor, Clarke will be on soon....It all points to swanney having a belter when he gets ball in hand...78-4 now.....every run will count.

Re: The Ashes LUNCH on day 3.....157-4....England 92-4 in reality...These two Bell n Bairstow...need to take it to 160 min in front,,,Key points, Australia have no more reviews left....The last 1 was wasted....The new ball is due in about 10 or so overs time...That will be another crucial point. Slight edge to Australia in that session, but only slight, However, 1 thing to bear in mind, If England get over 220 all out, before the end of the day, This crowd will be very vocal on every ball, they will be all pi$$ed up by then. GL with your bets.

Re: The Ashes 128-5.....This highest ever 4th inns run chase on this ground,,,284....They need to double what they have at the moment to Guarantee victory...At the moment its big odds against reaching that. But you never know it Cricket.

201-6..........the 8/15 available in play now for England ...Looks good....Another 60 is a winning score for me. That all they need...Given what this pitch is doing.
Agree m8,much better cricket from england today and building quite a nice score,i reckon they could defend what they have now never mind what they get in the end.

Re: The Ashes hmm this is getting interesting...primevil: dont know alot abt how the pitch behaves n all..as its my first crack at ashes...but do u reckon should hedge a little with the draw? cant see aussies winning this tbh unless they come up with something special.