** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Championship 4-7 Jul

kevshat

The next TV major arrives this week when the European Championship is played. Most of the tournament is live on ITV4 and the draw looks excellent so it should be a good weekend of darts. Draw, format and schedule here: http://www.pdc.tv/partypoker-european-championship/article/m38ei0uvgxnb12aonu0wk4ew7/title/partypokernet-european-championship-schedule

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Tournament preview: 1pt ew A.Hamilton to win European Championship 33/1 Skybet (1/2 1-2) Andy Hamilton looks to have a nice portion of the draw, if there is such a thing in this tournament. He has Terry Jenkins in the first round. That’s clearly a banana skin but from there you would expect him to beat either Max Hopp or Paul Nicholson in the second round and then he is seeded to face Adrian Lewis in the quarter finals which is one of the less difficult QF draws. MVG would be a potential semi finalist but he has a lot of work to do before then. Hamilton looks in good form. He made the UK Open and a tour event final last month and at 33/1 he’s a decent price to come through the bottom section of the draw and maybe all the way to the title. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-championship-betting-andy-hamilton-can-continue-his-good-form-in-mannheim-20130703

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul 1pt E/W A.Hamilton to win Euro Champs 29.00 Bet365 The Hammer can beat anyone on his day and he has a great chance of making the semi-finals here and having a head-to-head with Van Gerwen and while this doesn't bode well for Hamilton (lost his last 8 Vs Van Gerwen) he has kept it close on the majority of occasions and I think that this gives us value because of that. 1pt E/W K.Huybechts to win Euro Champs 41.00 Bet365 Another outsider I like the look of is Kim Huybrechts. He can beat Whitlock in Round 1 and find himself having an open few games before the Semi-final. He would have Peter Wright/Colin Lloyd which is very much winable and then face James Wade/Dave Chinsall in the Quarters and again looking at the head-2-head on these players Kim's beaten these players. Semi's would be Taylor and Kim although not beaten Taylor pushed him very close in the player's championship final and that will of atleast given him the experience of a latter stage tie with Phil.

Looking forward to the start of this tournament and I have a strong fancy in one of the first round matches. 6pts Kevin Painter to beat John Part 4/5 William Hill I'm surprised to see such a generous price on Painter here. He reached the quarters of the European event in Gibraltar getting beat by the younster Lewis who went on to the final. He beat Wade on route to that. He made the semis of a players championship event last month as well, getting put out by eventual winner Peter Wright. John Part on the other hand was dumped out of the Gibraltar event in the 2nd round by Leon de Geus 6-1. Recent form points to a Painter victory and I expected him to be a lot shorter than 4/5.

A couple of other fancies in the first round for me. 3pts Jamie Caven to beat Dave Chisnall 6/4 Bet365 I know some may think this is madness but I quite like Caven in this match. Both these guys hit the lipstick for fun on their day as we seen with Chizzy in the last tournament, and of course he's playing well at the moment reaching the semi's before being put out by Taylor. Caven was defeated in the 3rd round by Lewis in the same tournament. Both players have had decent showings in the 2 players championship events in Crawley last month. We know when under pressure Chizzy can miss his doubles and with someone who can keep up with him scoring wise I'll have a wee nibble at the 6/4 on offer for Jabba to cause an upset in the first round. 4pts Kim Huybrechts to beat Simon Whitlock 6/5 Sportingbet We should be in for a good match between these 2 but I just fancy Kim to take this with the better form coming in to the tournament. He made the quarters of the gibraltar trophy with 3 ton plus averages until he came up against Chisnall. Whitlock got put out in the first round by Connie Finnan averaging below 90. If Kim can get off to a flier like the last tourney then he should just about take care of Whitlock and at odds against I'll be having some of that.

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul 3rd quarter preview: 1pt W.Newton to win 3rd Quarter 6/1 William Hill Wes Newton is the closest challenger to Michael van Gerwen in terms of the odds and I think that’s about right. Newton should get good vibes here having been runner up in the tournament 12 months ago and he has shown in events like the Dubai Masters that he can live with van Gerwen so it may just be that he is good value at 6/1. He certainly won’t be 6/1 to beat van Gerwen should they meet in the quarter final but with the likes of King or Baxter capable of beating the Dutchman before then there’s enough in the price to warrant a small tickle on the Warrior. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/european-championship-betting-wes-newton-looks-the-value-alternative-to-van-gerwen-in-3rd-quarter-20130703

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 4 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kellett, S v Huybrechts, R (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Caven, J v Chisnall, D (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lloyd, C v Wright, P (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Dolan, B (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Huybrechts, K (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.81 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v van der Voort, V (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Seyler, T (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Webster, M (22:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Haavisto, J v Pipe, J (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hopp, M v Nicholson, P (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Jenkins, T (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.31 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Baxter, R v King, M (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Klaasen, J (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v van de Rijck, K (21:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Suljovic, M (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Part, J (22:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.81 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Thursday previews: 3pts R.Huybrechts to beat S.Kellett 6/4 Skybet I think Ronny Huybrechts looks a bit of value here. Whatever happens he’ll give his best and will score heavily. Whether he hits the doubles we need to wait and see but I think he is value because we simply don’t know which Stuart Kellett will turn up. He’s been brilliant at times in 2013, awful at others but the Winmau World Masters in 2010 aside he has flattered to deceive on the box so the Belgian is worth a punt here I feel. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kellett-vs-r-huybrechts-betting-ronny-huybrechts-looks-good-value-to-send-kellett-packing-in-the-euros-20130704 3pts K.Huybrechts to beat S.Whitlock 11/10 BetVictor The pressure is all on Whitlock as defending champion this week and having lost to Connie Finnan in Gibraltar last weekend the cracks are beginning to open up for the Aussie. I’ve had doubts over his scoring power for a while and his finishing isn’t inspiring confidence at the minute either. Kim Huybrechts looked bang in form to me in the Gibraltar event and he looks comfortable on the big stage too. He’s worth a punt in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-k-huybrechts-betting-kim-huybrechts-can-end-whitlock-s-title-defence-at-the-first-hurdle-20130704 3pts P.Taylor (-3.5 legs) to beat V.van der Voort 4/5 Coral Recent tournaments have shown us that Vincent van der Voort is really struggling with his game and this isn’t a chap you want to be playing when that is the case. Phil Taylor is ruthless and I would expect him to win this match comfortably. Even when Vincent is getting to a double he is missing it so I don’t see him putting up much of a fight here unless the fact nobody expects him to win relaxes him. Even then I expect Taylor to be too good. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-van-der-voort-betting-phil-taylor-can-cruise-into-the-second-round-in-mannheim-20130704 3pts J.Wade (-2.5 legs) to beat M.Webster 5/6 William Hill James Wade is playing much the better darts of these two at the minute. When Webster was at his best this would be a close match because they are similar players in that neither are heavy scorers and both are relentless on double top and double 10 but those doubles are letting Webster down now and that will be the difference here. Wade will hit more doubles and should win with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-webster-betting-james-wade-should-be-too-strong-for-mark-webster-in-germany-20130704

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul 5.5pts R.Thornton -1.5 to beat B.Dolan Thornton has really improved as a player since the Premier league. Nobody really gave him a chance in that but he proved many wrong. Beating Hamilton, Anderson , Whitlock and getting a 6-6 vs Van Gerwen and Barney in the early rounds. He finished that 5th just 2 pts off the semi-final spot. These two have played 5 times and Thornton leads 3-2 but recently played twice in the champions league event. Both games were won by Thornton 6-4. I expect a similar result or better here. 4pts R.Huybechts to beat S.Kellett 2.37 Bet365 Going for the value bet here. I don't think that you could say Huybrechts is reflected with the odds as they haven't played before that I can see and neither look like they are going to produce anything special in this tournament. Huybrechts has the slightly higher average and has the more TV experience so I'll go with the value. 3pts C.Lloyd to beat P.Wright 2.75 Bet365 Again, a nice value bet here for a player who has a better head-2-head then Wright. These two have played 14 times. Lloyd has won 9 of those 14. Peter Wright has won the last 2 but both of those matches have been close [both ended 6-5] and Lloyd led 5-3 in one of those throwing for 6-3. Wright may score heavier but the question are if he can hit the doubles.

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Some excellent picks in here :ok. Friday previews: 4pts P.Nicholson (-1.5 legs) to beat M.Hopp 4/5 Boylesports Sometimes it is harder to play in front of a home crowd. They are eager for a home win and we’ve seen in plenty of other sports how home advantage can go against you. I see that being the case here, especially with Hopp being so young. Being young he might be fearless but he might also try too hard which isn’t good in this sport. Nicholson’s seen it all before and I think he’ll cruise into the second round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hopp-vs-nicholson-betting-paul-nicholson-can-end-the-youngster-s-hopes-in-mannheim-20130704 3pts R.Baxter vs M.King - Over 9.5 legs 11/10 Coral These two look fairly evenly matched and I wouldn’t be surprised if they need a final leg to separate them. Two of their last four meetings have gone all the way to a deciding leg and with neither a substantially heavier scorer than the other and both pretty similar on their doubles I see another tight battle here. I’m surprised over 9.5 legs is odds against in this match given how well matched the two are but that looks a good bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/baxter-vs-king-betting-two-old-pro-s-can-produce-a-tight-match-in-mannheim-20130704 3pts M.Suljovic (+2.5 legs) to beat A.Lewis 10/11 William Hill Adrian Lewis will need to take this match seriously if he is to avoid being dumped out because for all of his strange technique, Suljovic can play the game. He can score very heavily and when he’s on form he doesn’t miss a lot of doubles. In fact if Mensur could commit 100% to the tour then he would be somewhere in the top 32 if not higher. With Lewis having a tendency to miss doubles at the minute I think the Austrian can stay close to Jackpot, if not take advantage of any misses and actually win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-suljovic-betting-mensur-suljovic-can-give-adrian-lewis-a-few-headaches-in-germany-20130704 3pts J.Part to beat K.Painter 11/10 Bet365 These two have met on 14 occasions in the past and amazingly Part has won 12 of them. Even when he hasn’t been playing well he’s been beating Painter and that has to be a concern for the Englishman here. Painter is playing well but Part seems to be a bogey man for him. Part has won their last seven meetings including at the World Championship at the turn of the year. With that record behind him Part looks the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/painter-vs-part-betting-john-part-can-continue-his-stranglehold-over-painter-in-european-championship-20130704

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Nice picks Kev : 3pts A.Hamilton [-1.5 games] to beat T.Jenkins 2.00 Bet365 I think Andy will win this 6-3/6-4. He has a good record against Terry and Andy enjoys the TV now. They have played 19 times, Andy has won 12 of those. Last year they played 3 times. Andy won twice and Terry won once, in the final of the UK Open Qualifier. Andy can tighten up alittle in finals/semi-final situations but in the early stages of a tournament he tends to be relaxed and I think he will come here and just play his game.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 6 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Klaasen, J v Pipe, J (13:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Nicholson, P (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.58 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Lloyd, C (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Caven, J (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.56 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Painter, K (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Thornton, R (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.56 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Huybrechts, R (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.07 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.42 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v King, M (22:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.48 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts J.Klaasen to beat J.Pipe 6/5 Skybet I think Jelle Klaasen is playing well enough to dump Pipe out here. As long as Klaasen isn’t too hampered by Pipe’s slow style I certainly think he has the tools to beat Pipe. Klaasen will have to hit his doubles but he’s confident at the minute and often when he is confident the doubles flow. Pipe missed a few doubles in the first round and he can’t afford that here so at odds against I’ll take Klaasen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klaasen-vs-pipe-betting-jelle-klaasen-is-playing-well-enough-to-beat-pipe-in-germany-20130706 4pts A.Hamilton (-2.5 legs) to beat P.Nicholson 4/5 BetVictor I like Andy Hamilton here. He is throwing some very good darts at the minute and he isn’t panicking when he’s behind which is a great quality to have because at some point you will be behind in the tournament. Nicholson doesn’t score consistently heavy enough for my liking and that is what holds him back. He isn’t particularly special on the doubles either so I expect Hamilton to come through with a bit to spare here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-nicholson-betting-andy-hamilton-looks-too-good-for-nicholson-on-paper-20130706 4pts C.Lloyd (+3.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock 8/11 Stan James Colin Lloyd doesn’t have a lot to lose here so he should be able to go out and throw his best darts. Whether that’s good enough we’ll have to wait and see but he should certainly be good enough to push Whitlock close. Whitlock is still a little guilty of having slumps in his scoring and missing the odd crucial double so I think there’s enough to suggest Lloyd can win seven legs if not ten. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-lloyd-betting-colin-lloyd-can-run-simon-whitlock-close-in-euro-s-20130706 3pts J.Caven to beat J.Wade 2/1 Ladbrokes I think Caven is value at 2/1. Wade’s a great player, there’s no doubting that but Caven is in good nick. He won back to back tournaments a few weeks ago and you don’t do that if you’re not playing well. His first round win should have given him so much belief that he can do it on the main stage and if he can finish well then by virtue of the fact he’ll outscore Wade for the most part the Derby man looks a good price here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-caven-betting-jamie-caven-in-good-enough-form-to-send-wade-packing-in-germany-20130706

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul 3pts J.Klaasen to beat J.Pipe 2.00 Bet365 Pipe was flying at the start of his first round match but at 5-1 he really stuttered and allowed his opponent back in. I think the way Klaasen played in round 1 he wont have the to do that. Klaasen looked very good and was taking out big numbers and if he can do that again he should win this comfortably. 3pts J.Wade [-2.5 games] to beat J.Cavern 2.00 Bet365 I think Cavern had one of the best first round 1's of the tournament but I think Wade will shine through here. He looked calm and stead in his match and I think he should win with legs to spare here. They played last month and Wade won 9-7. 2pts K.Painter to beat A.Lewis 2.75 Lewis looked his normal panicking style in round 1. He could of easily lost that match when he had one dart at D20 or go 4-1 down and it was covered. If Painter can score heavy and double well he can win here in my opinion and I think he is in the better of forms too. 2pts R.Thornton Vs V.Barneveld - Over 16.5 legs 1.80 Bet365 Thornton produced very good results in the Premier league and even when looking injured he beat Dolan easily. If he is rested well here, he can win. They played twice in the prem league and it was 6-6 & 7-4 Barney but I think there is value in it being close. so I'll take the overs 1.5pts C.Lloyd to beat S.Whitlock 3.25 Bet365 Instead of taking any handicaps here I'll go for the straight win. Lloyd looked pretty good in round 1 he was hitting 180s and his finishing was pretty good too. He even managed a nice 100+ finish to win the match against Wright. Whitlock looked like a man under pressure looking to retain his crown and could of lose that first match. Huybrechts looked out of sort there.

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Saturday evening previews: 4pts K.Painter to beat A.Lewis 2/1 William Hill I think Kevin Painter is a big price here. He looks in good form and while Adrian Lewis promises to deliver his best form it still isn’t quite happening for him. If he gets behind here he could easily get frustrated and that’s when the doubles start getting missed and the scoring becomes erratic. Painter appears in a better place with his game right now and he can take this at 2/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-looks-in-good-enough-form-to-leave-lewis-reeling-20130706 3pts R.Thornton Over 4.5 180's vs R.Barneveld 11/10 Paddy Power Robert Thornton is such a heavy scorer these days and he hits so many 180’s that the line for his total 180’s in this match looks a touch on the low side. Over a 19 leg match you would expect him to be able to hit 5 maximums, and he’ll need to if he is to win this match. I can’t see any way this match doesn’t have 15 legs and more so there should be lots of time for the Scot to provide five maximums. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-can-pile-in-the-maximums-in-last-16-clash-20130706 3pts R.Huybrechts Most 180's vs P.Taylor 13/8 Boylesports I don’t think too many could make a case for Huybrechts winning this match but there’s no reason why he can’t hit the most 180’s in the game. When the first dart goes in he’s very good at following it and with Taylor having a practice session effectively here then there is every chance that 3-4 Huybrechts maximums will ensure he hits the most. At 13/8 he’s decent value to hit the most maximums here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-r-huybrechts-betting-ronny-huybrechts-scores-well-enough-to-hit-the-most-180-s-20130706 4pts M.King (+4.5 legs) to beat M.van Gerwen Evs BetVictor If Mervyn King plays how he can do then he will push MVG close here. While van Gerwen is the man of the moment those 100+ averages seem to have disappeared for a while and anything less than that and King will be competitive here. Van Gerwen even when he is playing well misses doubles, as he did against King at times in that Grand Prix final. If he misses some crucial ones here King could even win but I certainly think the Englishman can win six legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-can-push-van-gerwen-close-in-repeat-of-world-grand-prix-final-20130706

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 7 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, R v Thornton, R (13:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Caven, J (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Klaasen, J (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Lewis, A (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Quarter final previews: 4pts R.Thornton (-3.5 legs) to beat R.Huybrechts 10/11 Stan James We see it time and time again how players struggle to produce their best darts the day after they beat Phil Taylor and that is quite possibly going to be the case with Ronny Huybrechts here. Huybrechts finished with Taylor about 10pm UK time on Saturday night and by the time he’d have done his press and calmed down from the adrenalin he’d have had it would have been well gone midnight and he plays again just over 12hrs later. That isn’t easy so Thornton has that in his advantage as well as experience of this stage of a tournament so I think he’ll run out a comfortable winner. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/r-huybrechts-vs-thornton-betting-ronny-huybrechts-can-fail-to-build-on-taylor-win-20130707 4pts S.Whitlock vs J.Caven - Over 16.5 legs Evs Skybet I think this will be a really close match, possibly the closest of all four quarter finals. Both men look in good form and both are similar players so it is hard to see either running away with this unless one of them suddenly hits a flat spot, which on the evidence of the weekend so far is unlikely. Over 16.5 legs is even money and it looks a good thing to me in this race to 10. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-caven-betting-whitlock-likely-to-have-to-work-hard-to-make-the-semi-finals-20130707 4pts J.Klaasen (+4.5 legs) to beat M.van Gerwen Evs BetVictor I’m really looking forward to this quarter final I must admit. Bookmakers don’t seem to be giving Jelle a chance but I think he’s got an excellent chance. He averaged 100 with ease against a slow Pipe in the previous round and you’ve got to think he’ll find a better rhythm in this match so who knows what he will produce. Michael van Gerwen was fantastic on Saturday night and if he’s in that form he won’t be beaten but Klaasen has the game to get six legs at worst. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-klaasen-betting-jelle-klaasen-can-make-a-real-game-of-exciting-quarter-final-20130707 4pts A.Hamilton vs A.Lewis - Over 16.5 legs Evs Skybet I expect a close match to round off the quarter finals. Both men look in good touch. Both fight until the end and both have similar games in that they are heavy scorers and for the most part good finishers. Over 19 legs I don’t see either one running away with this so over 16.5 legs looks to have plenty of potential to me in a match between two men who know each other inside out. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hamilton-vs-lewis-betting-last-of-the-quarter-finals-could-be-the-closest-of-the-lot-20130707

Re: European Championship 4-7 Jul Draw wide open now with Barney/Taylor gone. Whitlock will fancy his chances to get to the final. 5pts R.Thornton -3.5 legs to beat R.Huybrechts 1.83 Bet365 Thornton did really well against Barney. He nearly lost it on the last leg, but he held his nerve well. Taylor was awful against Huybrechts so I can't gauge how well Huybrechts has been of late but he looked decent. Id fancy Thornton to win here with games to spare. Think this is all I'm taking today as I think Hamilton has played very poorly so far and anyone could win the Whitlock match.