** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

HUGHES v MOORE

Both just shy of 25% SR, this will go down to the wire in November imo, if both stay fit. 4/11 hughes on july 1st, 5/2 moore. You always fancy in a finish Moore will get the better of the argument, much stronger imo. Well advertised at Windsor tonight.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE Just seen the Windsor results, 7 race card, 6 of the winners going to either Moore or Hughes (3 each) plus one for Doyley. The 6 timer paid £399 to a £1 stake and it would have been possible to go with Moore/Hughes rides and perm them for a decent return. I didn't even look at the Windsor cards in any depth so do results suggest they were on the best horses or would you say they are the 2 best jockeys? If those horses has been ridden by Hanagan, De Sousa, Spencer etc would the results be the same?

Re: HUGHES v MOORE I don't think I have ever seen a better jockey than Ryan Moore myself. I think he is the greatest, possibly will turn out of be the greatest of all time too IMO. He just never seems to make mistakes.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE

Just seen the Windsor results' date=' 7 race card, 6 of the winners going to either Moore or Hughes (3 each) plus one for Doyley. The 6 timer paid £399 to a £1 stake and it would have been possible to go with Moore/Hughes rides and perm them for a decent return. I didn't even look at the Windsor cards in any depth so do results suggest they were on the best horses or would you say they are the 2 best jockeys? If those horses has been ridden by Hanagan, De Sousa, Spencer etc would the results be the same?[/quote']I think they have good yards, but more important, very good agents,,I take more notice of outside/out of the ordinary bookings, The last race was a banker for me, riding for Gosden...And if it was not for the James doyle gamble that only just seen it out, the two culprits were right on his tail....However this week, Moore is banned until Saturday now,,:$ As for the jockeys you list, these two are just better IMO, big criteria.

I don't think I have ever seen a better jockey than Ryan Moore myself. I think he is the greatest' date=' possibly will turn out of be the greatest of all time too IMO. He just never seems to make mistakes.[/quote'] Yes I'm a big fan of R Moore, he's definitely in the top 3 jockeys riding at this moment in time in the UK and Ireland. However he is miles away from being called the greatest jockey of all time. He'll have to be around for another couple of decades to surpass what L Piggott achieved, a jockey who I only saw when he was in the twilight of his career.

Yes I'm a big fan of R Moore, he's definitely in the top 3 jockeys riding at this moment in time in the UK and Ireland. However he is miles away from being called the greatest jockey of all time. He'll have to be around for another couple of decades to surpass what L Piggott achieved, a jockey who I only saw when he was in the twilight of his career.
I can't say Pele was the greatest cos I never saw him. Same applies for Maradonna. The greatest player I have ever seen is Ronaldinho. My own opinion. Greatest boxer for me is Tyson. Greatest jockey Ryan Moore, simply because I never saw Piggott

I can't say Pele was the greatest cos I never saw him. Same applies for Maradonna. The greatest player I have ever seen is Ronaldinho. My own opinion. Greatest boxer for me is Tyson. Greatest jockey Ryan Moore' date=' simply because I never saw Piggott[/quote'] I only saw Piggott when he was in the later stages of his career and my opinion of him then was that he was rubbish, one time I saw him fall off a horse in the middle of a flat race, however I do acknowledge that others claim he is the greatest based on what he achieved over 40 odd years.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE Must agree, Ryan Moore is a class act and coming to the final furlong if it was between Moore and Hughes regardless of the horse, I know where i'd rather my money 99% of the time! Take nothing away from Richard Hughes though, still a top jockey although I do sometimes feel that if his horse is beaten he doesn't always ride the horse out and could lose a couple of places close home. Guess that could be same for a lot of jockeys though.

I don't think I have ever seen a better jockey than Ryan Moore myself. I think he is the greatest' date=' possibly will turn out of be the greatest of all time too IMO. He just never seems to make mistakes.[/quote'] Yesterday US jockey Russell Baze rode his 12000th winner. If you say R Moore has had less than 10k career rides not winners, than he has a long long way to go to get anywhere near 12k winners. To put it into perspective G Richards this country's winningmost jockey leads the way with over 4k career wins.

Yesterday US jockey Russell Baze rode his 12000th winner. If you say R Moore has had less than 10k career rides not winners, than he has a long long way to go to get anywhere near 12k winners. To put it into perspective G Richards this country's winningmost jockey leads the way with over 4k career wins.
Complete nonsense to compare any of the above to a) this country and b) this era. Surprised at you Erhaab to be honest.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE Top 10 US Jockeys this year 24% from nearly 800 rides, 56% in the first 3, its so uncompetitive over there, any of our top jocks would make a fortune and ride over 300 winners in a season. Last year their champ rode 342 winners from 1,400 rides!! 50bk.png

Re: HUGHES v MOORE Wasn't really saying one was better than the other, I myself am a R Moore fan. Just responding to the statement that he could be the greatest of all time. When you use that phrase you automatically assume that it means every jockey from every era and all four corners of the world. My knowledge of the sport is 99% UK and Ireland based and the rest is just random snippets of facts. We could have a more in depth debate if the statement was who is currently the best in the UK and Ireland.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE I'm running a bit of a system at the moment based on only backing the top jockeys (in my opinion). It's a very basic system, all rides are monitored every day but only rides where the horse has at least one selection in the RP Selections box. Mark ups are also given where the jockey is going to a course for a single ride, the jockey is riding at close to the bottom weight he is ridden at in a handicap in the last 12 months and also if the jockey is waiting for 2 hours or more between rides. I have the stats and strike rates etc at home on my laptop so I will post up later, but off the top of my head I think Hughes has ridden more than double the winners of the rest on the list, with O'Brien second and I think Spencer in third. I've been doing this for around 2/3 weeks and I think Tom Queally has the best s/r at the moment. The jockeys I am following : Hughes, Moore, De Sousa, Crowley, Callan, Queally, Hanagan, Spencer, Lee, Doyle, Barzalona, Atzeni, Buick and O'Brien.

Re: HUGHES v MOORE These were the stats as of yesterday : Hughes - 16/47 34% O'Brien - 8/23 35% Spencer - 7/33 21% Moore - 5/24 21% Callan - 5/27 19% De Sousa - 5/27 19% Crowley - 4/25 16% Queally - 3/7 43% Buick - 3/30 10% Doyle - 2/13 15% Hanagan - 2/14 14% Barzalona - 2/15 13% Atzeni - 0/0 Lee - 0/0 Kirby - 0/2 0% Lee, Atzeni, Kirby only just added, Hanagan, Doyle and Queally stats for about one week.

I'm running a bit of a system at the moment based on only backing the top jockeys (in my opinion). It's a very basic system, all rides are monitored every day but only rides where the horse has at least one selection in the RP Selections box. Mark ups are also given where the jockey is going to a course for a single ride, the jockey is riding at close to the bottom weight he is ridden at in a handicap in the last 12 months and also if the jockey is waiting for 2 hours or more between rides. I have the stats and strike rates etc at home on my laptop so I will post up later, but off the top of my head I think Hughes has ridden more than double the winners of the rest on the list, with O'Brien second and I think Spencer in third. I've been doing this for around 2/3 weeks and I think Tom Queally has the best s/r at the moment. The jockeys I am following : Hughes, Moore, De Sousa, Crowley, Callan, Queally, Hanagan, Spencer, Lee, Doyle, Barzalona, Atzeni, Buick and O'Brien.
This will be interesting to follow:D

Hopefully so' date=' should provide an interesting insight. The much maligned Joseph O'Brien won 3 out of 3 qualifiers this evening, strike rate of 42%.[/quote'] Last ride he got was won just with heart (and whip). He wanted the fourth of the night despite the horse was off the bridle already 2/3f out and he got it. Fair play to him this time.

I only saw Piggott when he was in the later stages of his career and my opinion of him then was that he was rubbish' date=' one time I saw him fall off a horse in the middle of a flat race, however I do acknowledge that others claim he is the greatest based on what he achieved over 40 odd years.[/quote'] PMSL ! You should get into stand up, you crack me up fella.