** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka)

kevshat

Just days after the Champions Trophy, West Indies, India and Sri Lanka play out an ODI tri series in the Caribbean. The tournament begins on Friday and all seven matches are live on Sky. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Jun 28 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Match - West Indies v Sri Lanka Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 27 - 31° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jun 30 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Match - West Indies v India Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 27 - 32° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jul 2 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Match - India v Sri Lanka Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Jul 5 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th Match - West Indies v India Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jul 7 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th Match - West Indies v Sri Lanka Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jul 9 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 6th Match - India v Sri Lanka Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Jul 11 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Final - TBC v TBC Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Tournament preview: 4pts India to win Celkon Mobile Cup 6/4 Stan James We saw in the Champions Trophy just how strong India are. Even in conditions which weren’t always to their comfort they were still miles too good so with conditions more suited to them in this tournament I would expect them to go well again. On occasion the West Indies’ big hitters may come off but over seven matches I expect India to be the strongest side in this tournament and at 6/4 they look a good price to win the event as if they make the final they’ll be a lot shorter than that to win it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celkon-mobile-cup-betting-india-can-continue-their-good-form-out-in-the-caribbean-20130627

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Couple of other outright previews: 1pt L.Thirimanne Top Sri Lanka Tournament Batsman 13/2 BetVictor One man who looks a decent price is Lahiru Thirimanne. This will be the first time he has played in the West Indies but he looks to have a good technique and has gone well in Australia previously so the extra bounce won’t trouble him too much. We saw in the Champions Trophy that he can move up the order and if one of the openers gets off to poor starts he could even replace one of them at the top of the order. At 13/2 he could just be the value in this field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celkon-mobile-cup-betting-lahiru-thirimanne-could-be-the-surprise-package-with-the-bat-for-sri-lanka-20130627 3pts R.Jadeja Top India Tournament Bowler 5/2 Stan James I think it was quite telling how the West Indies played Ravi Jadeja in the Champions Trophy and so with that I think he is the pick of the field here. The West Indies batsmen didn’t have a clue how to play him and he took 5 wickets on a pitch which never really turned. He’ll get some turn here and that makes the straight on ball even more dangerous so given that he attacks the stumps more than Ashwin I’ll take the left armer to top the India wickets list in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/celkon-mobile-cup-betting-ravindra-jadeja-can-terrorise-batsmen-in-tri-series-20130627

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Game 1 preview: 4pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts - 32&Over 4/5 Bet365 The match result will play itself out but the bet I like here is Kieron Pollard’s performance points. I must admit I’m always drawn to a Pollard performance but he’s such a good cricketer in this format of the game and he is so consistent over the three facets of the game that he is often a good player to follow. Here his line is 32pts which he can cover with the bat or with the ball, where he should be very effective in these conditions. With the strong chance of a catch or two along the way this total looks very low so I’m happy to go over here knowing that even a bang average game still has a chance of covering this total. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-sri-lanka-betting-kieron-pollard-can-begin-the-tournament-with-a-big-performance-20130628

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) One more for today. 4pts WI vs SL Over 9.5 6's 4/5 Stan James Sabina Park is a ground where there is pace and bounce in the wicket and because of that I expect to see the short boundaries peppered. There's always the chance that Chris Gayle will want to thrill the home fans on his home ground but even if he doesn't there's enough in this West Indies batting line up to suggest we'll see lots of sixes no matter whether they bat first or chase. We saw in the Champions Trophy that Sri Lanka are a much bigger hitting side than they used to be and there will be plenty of pace from the West Indies bowlers to work with. Sixes are a feature on this ground and I expect to see into double figures here.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Sunday preview: 4pts India Highest 1st 15 overs 10/11 Coral India should win this match although there could be some rain around so rather than take them for the match I’ll take them for the first 15 overs. When these two met in the Champions Trophy, India were miles clear after 15 overs and on Friday, even though Upul Tharanga couldn’t get it off the square for the first 10 overs Sri Lanka were still only one behind after 15 overs. You wouldn’t think India’s top four will struggle like that and given that they’ll keep coming at Gayle and keep him honest there’s enough to suggest India will lead through 15 overs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-india-betting-india-can-fly-out-of-the-traps-in-jamaica-20130630

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) West Indies vs India, 2nd ODI. India are in amazing form, having won 11 of their recent games in all formats and they are the favourites and rightly so. A look at this stat convinced me to take a little punt of India http://www.cricketscore.com/match/SG7Rh6tA/#h2h;overall West Indies haven't beaten India in their last 3 matches. Seems like a decent bet at a decent price. Good Luck all :) India to win at 1.62

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) 4pts - MS Dhoni Performance Points 44 & Over - 5/6 Bet365 MS Dhoni is always in the game be it with bat or behind the stumps so his performance line is always attractive. Just watching the opening game of the tournament it is clear spin will play a big part and with the quality of the Indian spinners and inadequacy of certain West Indian batsmen against spin (namely Charles) I think a stumping is a big possibility today which would bring in 25 of these points. He'll almost certainly have a hit with the bat so could well cover this with the bat alone but all in all I expect him to be involved in all facets of the game today. 4pts - Dwayne Bravo Performance Points 41 & Over - 5/6 Bet365 1pt - Dwayne Bravo Top West Indies Scorer - 10/1 Bet3365 Another player I always like is Dwayne Bravo especially against subcontinental teams. For me he is West Indies best player of spin bowling and having played a lot of IPL for he should be well aware of the guile and mystery of the Indian spin. Like Dhoni, Bravo will be involved in all aspects of the game so the performance points looks attractive. In the opening match of the tournament he picked up 58pts with a fairly average game so if he has a good game he will smash this line. If the West Indian top order fail Bravo could well play a little cameo to top score and if he does he will cover the performance points easily but if not he has 2 genuine scoring methods so I'm happy to back DJ Bravo to cover 41 points or more today as the main bet.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Good luck Westy. Couple more for me. 3pts R.Jadeja Over 1.5 wickets 6/4 Ladbrokes Ravi Jadeja was all over the West Indies in the Champions Trophy and we saw this wicket just starting to turn in the second innings on Friday so I would expect Jadeja to be a handful on this track. He can sneak it past the inside edge or turn it past the outside edge and with the West Indies not being the best player of spin there has to be every chance that the Chennai Super King can bag a couple of wickets in this match. 1pt D.Sammy Top West Indies Batsman 20/1 Paddy Power We saw what Darren Sammy did in the Champions Trophy against India and there's no reason he can't do that again here on what is probably a smaller ground than The Oval. If the spinners have strangled the middle order then Sammy may not be chasing much and he may have a lot longer to bat than we are used to. He showed in that Champions Trophy innings that he can play against this attack and he looks a decent price for a run down the order at 20/1.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Tuesday preview: 4pts V.Kohli's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Virat Kohli goes into this match with a sensational record against Sri Lanka. In 31 matches against them he averages an incredible 57.76 in ODIs. As he is captain here I would imagine he will look to carry the responsibility and make sure he is the mainstay of this Indian innings. As he’s captain he may field around the bat more often so I think his performance of 36pts looks on the low side. There’s an outside chance he’ll bowl which could provide plenty more points but there’s enough to suggest he can cover this with the bat, as he has in 7 of his last 9 matches against this opposition. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-virat-kohli-can-continue-his-impressive-form-against-sri-lanka-in-jamaica-20130702

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Two more for this afternoon. 4pts India (-3.5 wickets/20.5 runs) to beat Sri Lanka 5/6 Sportingbet If we include their Champions Trophy warm up match India have won eight of their last nine matches against Sri Lanka and all but one of those wins will have covered this handicap. The one which didn't cover the handicap was a 20 run win so was only half a run out so there looks to be plenty of mileage in the Indians on this line. Sri Lanka looked a bit lost with the bat in their opening match and there's no reason why that should naturally change here. Unless someone like Dinesh Chandimal gets going Sri Lanka look a little one paced with the bat which isn't ideal. India will be without the calming influence of Mahendra Singh Dhoni for this match but Virat Kohli has proven to be a decent enough captain for Bangalore so that shouldn't be a concern and they bat far enough down that if they are chasing they can get home without losing more than six wickets. Ashwin would be in at eight and he's more than competent so with history firmly on our side I'll take India to win this game fairly comfortably and maybe even pick up a bonus point along the way. 1pt V.Kohli Man of the Match 10/1 Paddy Power If we include that Champions Trophy warm up match then Virat Kohli has made 5 centuries in his last 9 ODI innings against Sri Lanka and he also has a 58 too. In all four of those official ODIs where he hit a century he was quite rightly the man of the match so he has plenty of coin from filling his boots against this opponent. He should be more motivated to go well with the bat in this match given that he's captain so 10/1 looks a bit big especially if Sri Lanka can sort Shikhar Dhawan out early.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Friday preview: 4pts M.Samuels' Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Marlon Samuels may well have a big part to play in this match. The wicket at Port of Spain has really turned in recent times and so he may well bowl a full 10 overs. He is a very good player of spin when he bats so he is likely to feature strongly throughout the match. His performance line is quite low at 35 as he can cover that with an ordinary day with bat and ball or with a good day with either so I like the overs there. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-india-betting-marlon-samuels-can-figure-strongly-in-trinidad-20130705

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) 3pts W.Indies to have (highest 1st 15 overs) 2.00 Bet365 1.5pts Dhawan top India batsman 3.60 Bet365 1.5pts Yadav top India bowler 4.50 Bet365 West Indies have had a really good tournament so far and India the opposite. West Indies have created a nice partnership with Gayle/Charles. Managed 108 in the Sunday match vs India. India have looked alittle sluggish since their ICC win but with no Dhoni things don't look as comfortable. I'm taking WIndies to get the best 15 over score, Dhawan to get the top batsman as I think he is the shining light in India's team no matter how bad the form of the top order is and finally Yadav as top bowler for India. He took 3 against Windies last time out.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Sunday preview: 4pts West Indies to beat Sri Lanka 4/5 Ladbrokes I like the West Indies here purely for their batting depth and the fact they’ve played on the wicket before. I didn’t think much to Sri Lanka’s bowling in their first match with the West Indies and it was hard to know what to make of their bowling against India because India’s tactics seemed to be to protect their run rate right from the start. West Indies bat a long way down and generally they have a good bowling unit, especially if Kemar Roach can lead the way and I think they can book a place in the final here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-sri-lanka-betting-west-indies-can-book-their-place-in-the-final-with-second-win-over-sri-lanka-20130707

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) 3pts Sri Lanka to beat West Indies 2.00 Bet365 I'm going for Sri Lanka here. West Indies had a great start to this tournament but looked very average in the last match Vs India. Gayle did nothing and I honestly think Charles & Bravo are the ones they will rely on. Sri Lanka to me looked impressive against India and Tharanga/Jayawardene partnership of 281 was something else.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Kieron Pollard total runs - Under 22.5 ( 5/6, Ladbrokes ). Not normally a man I would look to oppose in these markets but he has been having a rotten time with the bat in this tournament. In 3 matches so far he has faced 12 balls and made 0, 4 and 0. There's also a good chance he will be captaining today with Dwayne Bravo suspended, and this brings with it additional pressure which he arguably doesn't need at the moment. The alternative view is of course that the responsibility of captaincy will inspire him to do great things, and perhaps he is 'due a score', but on balance I think I will oppose him on this occasion. Best of luck to all.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka)

Kieron Pollard total runs - Under 22.5 ( 5/6' date= Ladbrokes ).
4 ball duck. He can't buy a run at the moment. Looking at the table and qualification rules, India are still alive for the outright but need a decent win over SL to either pick up a bouns point or failing that get their NRR above Windies. Fingers crossed.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Tuesday preview: 4pts V.Kohli's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Last time these two met I took Virat Kohli’s performance because of his recent record against Sri Lanka. On that day he let me down but India were so poor that day it was untrue. I think they’ll be more like their normal selves in this match and I expect Kohli to go well too. Since that Sri Lanka match he’s raced to a century against the West Indies so I’ll forgive him for one bad match and take him to cover a 35pt total here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-virat-kohli-can-be-forgiven-for-one-poor-game-against-sri-lanka-20130708

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) 2pts Sri Lanka to beat India 2.37 Bet365 I'm going to go for a Sri Lanka double here. For me, India haven't looked the same since the ICC win and they really miss Dhoni. They beat India not long ago easily with their opening pair and I think although it's going to be alot tighter this time around Id still say Sri Lanka for me, especially with the nice value here.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Two more for me this afternoon. 4pts India (-2.5 wickets/15.5 runs) to beat Sri Lanka 9/10 Sportingbet This cost me last week but I think it is worth a go again. India have had the better preparation for this match and barring any late injury they are not going to leave Bhuvi Kumar out again. That would be cricketing suicide. The whole of the Indian attack liked this wicket when they thrashed the West Indies here on Friday and there's no reason why they won't go well on it again. Sri Lanka have been waiting around the ground for the last couple of days and although they beat the West Indies that match will have taken a bit out of them. They also lost Nuwan Kulasekara which means they will lose some control at the top of the innings against the rampant Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan. I think India will win this match. They have to win it and although that doesn't mean that they will, the fact that Sri Lanka can lose by a certain amount and still qualify makes me reluctant to take them. India need a big win to go through, much bigger than this handicap so I like the look of taking them on this cap at this price rather than the significantly shorter price they are to win the game. 1pt A.Mathews Top Sri Lanka Batsman 8/1 Stan James We've seen in the last few weeks that Angelo Mathews can bat and he can do it against this attack too. In the last game between these two in Jamaica, Mathews scored 44 as easy as you like and he top scored for Sri Lanka against India in the Champions Trophy final. Mathews has scored of 55 and 30 against the West Indies in this series so he is seeing it well enough and if Sri Lanka get into trouble early doors in their innings then their captain can be the man to bail them out.

Tuesday preview: 4pts V.Kohli's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Last time these two met I took Virat Kohli’s performance because of his recent record against Sri Lanka. On that day he let me down but India were so poor that day it was untrue. I think they’ll be more like their normal selves in this match and I expect Kohli to go well too. Since that Sri Lanka match he’s raced to a century against the West Indies so I’ll forgive him for one bad match and take him to cover a 35pt total here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-virat-kohli-can-be-forgiven-for-one-poor-game-against-sri-lanka-20130708
Bet 365 have voided this bet on me rather than settling as a winner. 31 runs plus 1 catch makes it 41 points in my book. Anyone else have the same problem?

Its not a problem its the rules its a full game market so is automatically void when the game is reduced. Had a loser voided the other day for the same reason Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for that. I though Most markets would be settled if the result was determined as it was in this case. Guess you win some lose some on voids like that.

Re: Celkon Mobile Cup (West Indies/India/Sri Lanka) Final preview: 4pts A.Mathews Performance Pts - 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 If Sri Lanka are to win this tournament I feel they will need a big game from their captain. With Kulasekara no longer on the scene, Angelo Mathews will have a bigger role to play with the ball and he should have a big role to play with the bat too. He has gone well with the bat in this series and only failed on Tuesday because the run rate had rocketed before he got to the crease and he had to score from ball one. I’d like to see him take more responsibility and bat at five but a combination of his solid batting and his steady bowler should see him past a performance total of 38pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-angelo-mathews-can-stand-up-and-be-counted-for-his-side-in-the-tri-series-final-20130711