** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Friends Life T20 2013

kevshat

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Great minds Marshy :loon Finals day top batsman preview: 1pt R.ten Doeschate Top Finals Day Batsman 33/1 Ladbrokes One man who heads to Edgbaston in excellent form is Ryan ten Doeschate and he’s very much a big game player too which helps. Essex go hard early on so there’s every chance he will get a significant time to bat and recent form suggests when he’s at the crease he’ll fill his boots. He has half centuries in his last two T20 innings and also made another in a YB40 game last week. ‘Tendo’ can score with boundaries and he can rebuild from bad starts too. With the form he’s in the Holland batsman looks a big price. 1pt S.Ervine Top Finals Day Batsman 50/1 Ladbrokes Another man heading to Finals Day in form at a big price is Hampshire’s Sean Ervine. Ervine made a classy half century against Middlesex in Hampshire’s final group match and in a YB40 match on Thursday, Ervine made a matchwinning 60 odd against the side he faces in the semi final on Saturday which bodes well. We’ve seen Ervine go well on the big occasion plenty of times in the past and at 50/1 he’s good value for a big knock at the right time. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/friends-life-t20-betting-ryan-ten-doeschate-can-lead-the-run-scoring-on-finals-day

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Top finals day bowler preview: 1pt G.Napier Top Finals Day Bowler 12/1 Ladbrokes One man who should go well here is Graham Napier. Napier has been having a terrific season for Essex with the bat and the ball and there’s no reason for that not to continue here. Were Essex to play Surrey in the final then Napier would have every right to feel confident of going well. He has taken 14 wickets in four limited overs matches against Surrey this summer so he must feel he’s going to get a wicket every time he bowls against them. Even if he doesn’t play Surrey he bowls at the beginning and the end of the innings when the batsmen go the hardest so he can pick up cheap wickets. His yorkers at the end of an innings are devastating so he’s a fair bet to be the top bowler on Saturday. 1pt D.Briggs Top Finals Day Bowler 12/1 Ladbrokes Hampshire are hot favourites to make the final and if they do then Danny Briggs should have a major role to play. Briggs is Hampshire’s leading wicket taker in the competition this season and he should really enjoy conditions in the final where spin is likely to play a big part. Two years ago Josh Cobb’s part time off spin took four wickets in the final on this ground and back in 2009 both Will Beer and Max Waller picked up two wickets each in that final, also on this ground. With Hampshire in the second semi final the wicket is likely to be turning by that time so Briggs should always be in the game which makes him a decent bet to be the top bowler too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/friends-life-t20-betting-graham-napier-and-danny-briggs-look-the-value-to-be-top-bowler-on-finals-day

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Semi final one preview: 4pts Essex to beat Northants 4/5 William Hill This one could be a battle between the ears of both sides as much as a battle on the pitch. Neither side have ever made a final of this tournament so the prize for winning is pretty big and you sense there’s a weakness mentally in both sides. Northants haven’t shown it this season but this is a massive occasion and I prefer to take the side with the big game players and for me that’s Essex. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/northamptonshire-vs-essex-betting-essex-s-big-game-players-can-finally-see-them-into-a-t20-final-

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Semi final two preview: 5pts Under 9.5 6s 8/11 Stan James I’d expect Hampshire to win this match but I’m no 4/6 backer about them doing it. One bet I will take at a slightly higher price is for there to be less than 9.5 6s. Neither of these sides have genuine big hitters in their ranks if you take Glenn Maxwell out of the scene and even Michael Carberry isn’t natural at hitting sixes. Both bowling attacks are solid so this line looks high. There have only been 9 sixes in the two games between these two so far and it is hard to see that being doubled here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hampshire-vs-surrey-betting-sixes-likely-to-be-short-in-supply-in-second-semi-final

More bets for today. First semi final. 4pts Essex most 6s 11/10 Skybet This one looks a bit of a no brainer. Essex have hitters all the way down their line up and a bowling attack that doesn't go for many sixes. Northants don't get hit for many sixes either but as I've said before it would be no surprise if they are below par here. White and Levi aside there's no real big hitter for Northants so I like Essex most sixes here. 4pts R.Levi Under 21.5 runs 10/11 Paddy Power Richard Levi won't have had a competitive bat for a while and he's technically awful at the best of times so add rust into it and he could be even worse. Essex have a good bowling attack up top so this total looks beyond Levi to me. 1pt S.Crook Top Northants Batsman 8/1 Skybet Steven Crook has scored a few runs in this tournament and if Northants do get a bit giddy with the bat early on he could take advantage down the order. He's likely to be in at 5 so is high enough to make an impression and can go well at 8/1. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Second semi. 4pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 runs 2/1 Stan James In keeping with my earlier thoughts that this will be a low scoring game this looks overpriced to me. There was no score above 40 the last time these two met and that was on a good Oval wicket. If all has gone to plan this wicket will be wearing by this time so with two effective attacks on show this line looks out of reach unless Carberry goes bonkers. 1pt Z.Ansari Top Surrey Batsman 16/1 Paddy Power Zafir Ansari has gone well against Hampshire in one day cricket this season and if Surrey's top order fall to Mascarenhas and Tanvir, Ansari could pick up the pieces again. He almost top scored when these two met in the first game of the competition so looks a decent punt at 16s. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Good luck mate, hopefully RtD makes it a good day for us :ok I like the Essex most sixes call, that has been a recurring winner this season. Also am on White to beat Levi in the Hills batsman matchbet, 10/11. I don't make him the outsider given his contribution in this comp and Levi's deficiencies.

Great minds Marshy :loon Finals day top batsman preview: 1pt R.ten Doeschate Top Finals Day Batsman 33/1 Ladbrokes One man who heads to Edgbaston in excellent form is Ryan ten Doeschate and he’s very much a big game player too which helps. Essex go hard early on so there’s every chance he will get a significant time to bat and recent form suggests when he’s at the crease he’ll fill his boots. He has half centuries in his last two T20 innings and also made another in a YB40 game last week. ‘Tendo’ can score with boundaries and he can rebuild from bad starts too. With the form he’s in the Holland batsman looks a big price. 1pt S.Ervine Top Finals Day Batsman 50/1 Ladbrokes Another man heading to Finals Day in form at a big price is Hampshire’s Sean Ervine. Ervine made a classy half century against Middlesex in Hampshire’s final group match and in a YB40 match on Thursday, Ervine made a matchwinning 60 odd against the side he faces in the semi final on Saturday which bodes well. We’ve seen Ervine go well on the big occasion plenty of times in the past and at 50/1 he’s good value for a big knock at the right time. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/friends-life-t20-betting-ryan-ten-doeschate-can-lead-the-run-scoring-on-finals-day
Shame. Looked set up beautifully for ervine if they could have won :( Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2