** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Friends Life T20 2013

kevshat

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Have a good one Staffy. Should be a good game.

Thank you for the write ups as always Kev Do you have any insight into the Hampshire Vs Essex game? Im considering taking Essex but thats partly because I support them but also the line looks quite fishy to me with Essex being 2:00 and Hampshire 1:80 Kind of makes me feel like they are begging for you to take Hampshire
I think the odds are about right if I'm honest mate. We're (Hampshire) without Sohail Tanvir tonight which might be key and Pettini is back for Essex so I wouldn't be surprised which way the result goes. Shame it isn't on TV really.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Thats great Kev many thanks I was unaware that Tanvir is out,The odds are probably right as you say given he is out. Yeah its crazy that they dont have this game televised,That group is anyones right now! Best of luck with your selections tonight

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 27 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Somerset (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Saturday TV preview: 4pts C.Kieswetter's Performance Pts - 39&Over 5/6 Bet365 Craig Kieswetter has been in good form in recent times and I see no real reason why he can’t go well again here. He is hitting it well with the bat and you sense his long running battle for the gloves with Jos Buttler has focused his mind and made sure his keeping is better than it used to be. His performance line for this match is 39pts and I think that is well within his range with the way he is playing. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/worcestershire-vs-somerset-betting-craig-kieswetter-can-shine-on-the-tv-stage

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 28 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Derbyshire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Yorkshire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Lancashire (14:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Sunday TV preview: 4pts Lancashire to beat Nottinghamshire 5/4 Paddy Power The way Lancashire are playing at the minute I think they have a very good chance in this match. Nottinghamshire have just gone off the boil at the wrong time which obviously isn’t ideal. Lancashire should be full of confidence and have the all round quality to get the job done in any conditions here. Tom Smith is in sensational form but the likes of Moore, Prince, Katich and McClenaghan all have the necessary qualify to shoot down the Outlaws in the group decider. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-lancashire-betting-lancashire-have-the-all-round-quality-to-win-the-group-decider

Re: Friends Life T20 2013

Sunday TV preview: 4pts Lancashire to beat Nottinghamshire 5/4 Paddy Power Nottinghamshire have just gone off the boil at the wrong time which obviously isn’t ideal.
A six wicket win with nearly 4 overs to spare on Friday doesn't seem like going off the boil to me :-)

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Im considering tonight taking Kent to hit the most sixes Vs Hampshire at 3.00 Paddy power Kent have pretty consistant bowling attack with the like of Tredwell and Philander plus the fact Tanvir should be still out for Hampshire. Kents young players should be let loose tonight as they have nothing to play for and have the freedom to play without risk of failure. Let me know what you guys think?

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 I was thinking exactly the same Whitpuma, how strange ! Was just in the process of dredging up some stats from cricinfo. I think that is a nice price, especially if tredders is playing. Kent probably a bit reliant on Stevens to do the damage and Carberry is a big danger if he gets going but I think the other hants batsman - vince, adams - generally like to keep it on the carpet as much as possible so at 2/1 with home advantage i think this is worth a poke. Best of luck if you do get on board :)

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Gone for Hampshire in the same market to be honest. Still at 5/6 with Stan James which is a lot higher than most firms have it. Granted Tanvir is out, but Tredwell is struggling for fitness with an ankle problem I think it is, whilst Philander has gone round the park a bit so far in the tournament. Hampshire as always have the likes of Mascarenhas and Briggs who are always hard to get away and with Carberry in the form he's in, I'd side with Hampshire personally. :ok

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Yeah I also saw a post from Philander wishing the boys well for the rest of the season on twitter just now so he isnt playing thats for sure. Such a great looking price,Shame these two being out could make all the difference in that market

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Stan James are offering prices on the top Kent Bowler in tonights game. Philander is the favourite (9/4) and Treadwell is the 2nd favourite (3/1). If neither of them are playing there is an opportunity to make some money here guys. Would suggest singles on Claydon and Riley and look to lay off in about 4 and a half hours time:)

Re: Friends Life T20 2013

Mark Davies is back however,Hes usually a pretty tasty opening bowler economy wise. Ill wait for some input from Kev :clap
Looks a fair bet to me mate. Hampshire have only hit 21 6's in the tournament this season and 12 of them have come from Michael Carberry's bat so if Kent get rid of him quickly it would look extremely good value. Even if Carberry bats for a while Stevens is no less a hitter than he is :ok.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Three for me tonight. 4pts Hampshire (-4.5wickets/20.5runs) to beat Kent 5/6 Sportingbet I'm not a big fan of taking handicaps in T20, especially the likes of this one but unless there is a short boundary or some rain around the toss is likely to be irrelevant tonight. Kent will want to bat first if they win it and Hampshire will want to bowl first. Should Hampshire bowl first then we're looking for them to chase down a Kent target by losing no fewer than six wickets. All six of Hampshire's wins in this competition this season have come by chasing and they've all been by four wickets or more. In fact only one was by four wickets and that was in the cauldron of a competitive derby against Sussex early in the competition so I think the handicap is worth chancing as if Hampshire do win it is a lot more likely than a 5/6 shot that they will cover the handicap. If they don't cover it there's every chance they won't win anyway. Kent beat Hampshire in the reverse fixture but since then Vernon Philander has headed off to the Caribbean and James Tredwell has fallen down with injury. They're two big players in their bowling attack which should make it slightly easier for the Hampshire batsmen here which is perfect. Hampshire will want revenge for their only loss so far and with a home quarter final already secured they can confirm they win the South group with a comfortable win this evening. 4pts M.Carberry - Over 21.5 runs 4/5 Paddy Power Michael Carberry has covered this total in all seven innings he has played in this tournament this season. In fact his 25 at The Oval was the only time he has been dismissed for less than 35 in this competition so far in what is an incredible white ball season for the Hampshire man. In between plundering the whole of the South group bowling attacks to the fence, he has scored 154 and 66 in a Championship match on this ground so the left hander is in sensational form. He'll know every inch of this ground having played on it for Kent for a while and with the two main bowlers out for Kent in this match the task should be a little easier for Carberry to make it to 22. Recent form suggests that it won't take long for Carberry to get to 22 runs and so the over 21.5 looks a bit of a no brainer here. 2pts D.Briggs Top Hampshire Bowler 3/1 Stan James Thankfully Stan James have Sohail Tanvir in their list for this market but he's on a plane back from the Caribbean so he'll do very well to play here! Danny Briggs is Hampshire's top bowler in this competition this season and his best figures this season came against Kent in the reverse fixture when he picked up three wickets. Briggs took 3-5 from his four overs on his only previous T20 match on this ground and that's no surprise as the slope should help him take the ball away from the right handers and through the gate of the left handers. With no Tanvir and Dimi's form hit and miss Briggs should be Hampshire's main man with the ball this evening.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 30 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Gloucestershire (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Worcestershire (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Somerset (18:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Tuesday TV preview: 4pts Warwickshire to beat Somerset 5/4 William Hill Somerset have never beaten Warwickshire at Edgbaston in the T20 format so now would be a good time for them to end that record but I like Warwickshire here. That record of Somerset’s suggests what I’ve been claiming all competition that Somerset are a different animal away from Taunton than they are at Taunton. Warwickshire are just finding some form now and they can seal a quarter final spot with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/warwickshire-vs-somerset-betting-warwickshire-can-give-themselves-a-chance-of-attending-their-own-party

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Hi guys, Been doing a few sums for the 6's market and it seems Wawickshire are the value. Warwickshire average 5.00 6's at home Somerset average 3.75 6's away Warkwickshire have won 3/4 6's matches at home Somerset have lost 4/4 6's matches away Warwickshire concede an average 3.75 6's at home Somerset Concede an average 4.75 6's away As we all know stats dont tell the whole story but to get odds against off 2.87 is an oversight from the bookies in my opinion. The stats back up what Kev said about Somerset being totally different away from home. Their 6's stats are excellent at Taunton. Lets hope their form of hating the road continues. Also, weather looks fine for the game with showers passing in the afternoon. The bet: Warwickshire to hit more 6's at 2.87 with William Hill. GL all

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Any views on Glamorgan v Glos ? I'm thinking of value with Glos here for a few reasons - they hammered the same team last week ( minus Simon Jones admittedly), Glos have had a rocket from the boss re playing for their careers so they won't be turning up to make up the numbers and Glamorgans boss did an interview paraphrased as 'we won't bottle it' which in my view makes it more of a possibility ! Glamorgan overseas North has been very poor and slow scoring compared to Klinger. I expect a slow wicket and if Glamorgan bat first Glos should chase it down. * * * * I'd avoid the nothants match as they likely to rest players and worcs are without Russell so no bet there for me. In the other match i fancy somerset but not at odds on. I may dabble in running on that if they drift.

Re: Friends Life T20 2013 Good luck guys. Two more for me tonight. Sticking to the TV game. 4pts Over 9.5 6's 5/6 Stan James Two out of the three matches at Edgbaston in this competition this season have seen this line covered yet there hasn't been a score of 150 to be seen yet. In fact when Northants were here last weekend 111 played 115/7 and there were still nine sixes in that match. That match in particular highlights the likelihood of sixes in this one. There is a short boundary down to the New Stand side of the ground and two sides here who can pepper that regularly. While both bowling attacks are competitive neither are fantastic so the batsmen should have their own way tonight which will mean that we'll see plenty of big hits. 2pts R.Clarke Top Warwickshire Batsman 5/1 Stan James Rikki Clarke often plays up to the Sky cameras and he has another chance of doing just that here. Clarke, for me, is Warwickshire's best one day batsman and they've moved him up the order to number four in this competition now which is a very good move. That gives him time to play himself in before he has to go mental and that is just what the former Surrey man needs. He has already top scored on Sky this season when Warwickshire were down at the Swalec and he can close Warwickshire's group campaign with another top score this evening.