** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2013

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Will add my insight into the first day of the tournament. Kyle Edmund vs Jerzy Janowicz- Tie Break in Match- 10/11 Coral- (4/10) Took this last night and the price has dropped but it's still a lot higher than it should be really. Janowicz possesses the big serve, whilst on return he's nothing special and getting beat by a guy ranked outside the top 200 in Halle is far from ideal preparation. Edmund will have the support behind him and he looks to cope with the pressure pretty well from what I've seen of him so far. Both have played a number of breakers recently and I expect one to occur at some point today. Tobias Kamke vs Julien Benneteau- Over 38.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) These two met just a few weeks ago in Paris where they played out a 5 set marathon match, and in fact, 3 of their 4 meeting have gone the distance which leads me to think they will play out another close fought encounter today. Both are pretty solid so there's not too much between the two in actual fact so this one should have some legs on it and the overs looks pretty decent. Radek Stepanek vs Matt Reid- Over 36.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Line looks on the low side to me. I know the Aussie is ranked far lower of the two but he's worked incredibly hard to make the first round here, coming through some grueling qualifiers where he beat the likes of Devvarman and Smyczek who are decent enough players which should see him be right up for this game given the hard work. Stepanek is in decent form himself, but can be prone to some lapses in concentration which should give Reid chances. I just expect Reid to really battle today and if he pinches a set, the line should be fine. Fabio Fognini (-4.5 games) vs Jurgen Melzer- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) This one could be a nightmare game to bet on considering both players nature here but no way can I be backing Melzer at the minute. I know he leads the H2H 2-0, but his form is non existent and lacks confidence at the minute. He only just about came through against Riccardo Ghedin in Halle before Gasquet creamed him completely. Although this isn't Fog's best surface, he got a couple of wins under his belt in Eastbourne and he beat the likes of Tomic and Llodra 12 months ago on the grass circuit so he can play. The Italian's form is far better and I expect him to come through this one. Adrian Ungur vs Benoit Paire- Over 30.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) I don't know why this line is so low but I'm happy to go against Paire here. Despite his talent, he is still wildly inconsistent and although I expect him to be find, he retired against Llodra in his last match so there may be some worries on his mind. Ungur doesn't really venture much off the clay but he should have enough about him to not let Paire hit him off the court. Even if he fails to take a set, a couple of really close ones will see the line through anyway but there's no way I can have Paire this much of a favourite. Dustin Brown (+4.5 games) vs Guillermo Garcia-Lopez- 4/5 Stan James- (3/10) Brown is probably my favourite player to watch on the grass given his unorthodox style but he should cause problems to GGL. He hasn't done thus far on clay in their two meetings, but his big serve and net game should fare far better on the grass, so Garcia-Lopez will have to deal with it. If Brown continues to serve well, the Spaniard's mental state may just hamper him and he could well get frustrated. I don't expect the Spaniard to have this one all his own way like the previous 2 meetings so I'll back the German Jamaican to go well today. Mikhail Youzhny (-6.5 games) vs Robin Haase- 9/10 Stan James- (3/10) The Russian has won in straight sets everytime the two have played one another, and on grass Youzhny is far the better player. He made the final in Halle where he lost to Federer in 3 in the final, but he beat the likes of Nishikori, Kohlschreiber and Gasquet all pretty comfortably so he'll be high in confidence in a tournament where he has points to defend. Haase never convinces me whenever I see him play these days and on a grass court, I find it hard to make a case for him against Youzhny. Nicolas Almagro (-8.5 games) vs Jurgen Zopp- Evens Stan James- (3/10) Perfect draw for the Spaniard here. Zopp has only played 3 matches this season as he's had injury worries so he'll be here just to pick up the prize money you feel. In the last 2 games he's played, Robredo and Stebe have hammered him which shows where his tennis is at right now. Almagro hasn't played on grass yet this season, but this is a welcome opener for him. He may be finding his feet early one, but one of these sets should be really comfortably for him so the handicap looks decent on the Spaniard. Steve Darcis (+8.5 games) vs Rafael Nadal- 11/10 Stan James- (3/10) Think it's worth opposing Nadal in the first round here as he hasn't played on grass yet this season so he may take a game or so to adjust to conditions. Darcis is decent enough on the grass and actually beat Berdych at the Olympics last season and kept Wawrinka close last week so he should be okay to keep it close enough to Nadal here in the Spaniard's first game back on grass since that shock defeat to Rosol 12 months ago. Marcos Baghdatis vs Marin Cilic- Over 36.5 games- 4/5 Stan James- (3/10) Big contrast in form with these two but I still wouldn't be backing Cilic in the slams. Baghdatis even out of form is a dangerous player on the grass and usually raises his game for the slams whilst Cilic is still way too inconsistent for my liking. Could go all the way in my opinion but I think 4 sets is the minimum we will get so overs for me. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs David Goffin- Over 31.5 games- 10/11 Stan James- (3/10) There's been talk that the Frenchman has been struggling with a bit of illness so he might not be 100% for this one. Even if he was, he wasn't completely firing at Queen's anyway, dropping sets to Sijsling and Roger-Vasselin so Goffin should be able to go well today. He's pretty good on the grass as he showed 12 months ago where he made the third round here. He's lost his last 5 matches but we saw in Paris what he can do against the top players as he fought Djokovic so think he'll keep this close enough to cover the overs. Tommy Robredo vs Alex Bogomolov- Over 37.5 games- 9/10 Stan James- (3/10) I know on paper Robredo should win this comfortably as Bogomolov hasn't done anything of note for a good while but on grass, I actually think he could trouble Robredo. The Spaniard will just hang about in the rallies but doesn't possess a great deal of power which Bogomolov does to an extent so there could be some mileage in this one. In times gone by, Robredo has been a huge favourite but then been involved in some marathons in London so I think this could have some legs on it.
There are some excellent calls in here Fishy. You deserve a huge shout-out, no joke. You are very astute.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Thank you very much Hewitt, only bet I did first round, cashback! Did a stupid bet on lunch - Haas e/w to win Wimbledon @ 100-1. I did it due to Haas being in incredible form, the other half looking considerably harder. Also, he's played Djokovic twice on grass, won twice. If they do play in the 4th round I think, I see no reason why Haas cannot at worst push Novak quite hard. As for tomorrow, not an awful lot at a backable price I like the looks of. Simple treble for me tomorrow........ Haas to beat Tursonov - generally avoid these micky mouse prices ( 1/10 ) however I'm doing Haas to win the tournament so I may aswell back him all the way ! Lopez to beat Simon - Lopez as a punter put before playing very well of late. Grass his best surface by a country mile, big server. NOT a fan of the overrated Giles Simon either, so hoping Lopez takes him out. Kohlschreiber to beat Dodig - Kohl in reasonable form, and again grass is his best surface. As for other matches I'm not doing, I certainly couldn't back Jesse Levine at 1/6 to beat anyone! Just noticed Seppi is 4/9 - wish I'd made it a four fold now. Seppi is class on the green stuff! Also, Llodra is a very capable grass court player, and 1/2 looks big vs Niemenen. Have a feeling Ebden could cause Nishikori a few problems too.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Daniel Brands vs Daniel Gimeno Traver: 2pts over 36.5 games @5/6, 2 pts tie break in match @5/6 1 pt Gimeno Traver win @10/3 I think the bookies have really underestimated Gimeno Traver here, his game has improved and he has beaten some top players this year and should have knocked out Berdych in miami. Brands has a massive serve, but I'm not sure he has the game to back it up and he is suffering a dip in form with only 2 wins in his last 7 matches. Fair enough grass is not GT's favourite surface but I expect him to at least make it competitive. Both players had tie breaks in the first set of their last grass court match and another is likely while the overs appeal too.

@joeblitz Verdasco vs Malisse - Over games: - 3-1 Verdasco in H2H but Malisse won here last year 8-6 in the fifth. In the Aussie open it also went 5! In Australian Open it was a simply 3-0 verdasco with 61/63/62!!! http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Xavier-Malisse.aspx?t=pa&y=2013&m=s&e=580# Odds are dropping on [email protected] Marathonbet. And with belgian press Xavier said: that is not a easy draw, especially against a left handed player and a agressive one.He rather like a right hand oponent and someone who plays the longer rally .
Verdasco vs Malisse:Result; 67/61/64/63 :nana Which over did you play joeblitz?

Robredo -5 Games to beat Bogomolov - Pinnacle @ 1.9 This beat features Robredo ranked 29th in the world and Bogomolov ranked 81st in the world. Robredo is in great form reaching the quarter final of the French Open, before getting knocked out by eventual finalist David Ferrer. Bogomolov may be struggling for fitness after he retired in the Nottingham Challenger a couple of weeks ago. Bogomolov is a very poor grass court player winning just 17 matches to 23 loses. Robredo is marginally better winning 24 matches to 21 loses. Bogomolov is very much a challenger tour player these days and when he has tried to qualify for the bigger events he has failed on most occasions. This shows the difference in quality between these two, as Robredo is playing at the top level each week. Tommy Robredo has recorded some impressive victories already this year beating the likes of Almagro and Monfils on clay at the French Open. Aswell as winning in Casablanca, beating Paire Wawrinka and Anderson along the way. He also reached the Quarter final in Madrid beating Berdych and Dimitrov along the way. The head to head favours Robredo 2-0. On both occasions Robredo won 2-0 aswell as them being on Bogomolov's favourite surface of Hard court. Bogomolov tried to qualify for Eastbourne but lost in the second qualifying round, before just scraping past Pauffley (443) in 3 sets. Then he eventually lost to Dustov in straight sets. This should be a straight forward win for Robredo as he is the much better player in much better form.
7/9 Winners for the Grass season now!

Big fan of Wimbledon and going to come back into the fray with all of these: - EVGENY DONSKOY +4.5 GAMES v John Isner @ 1.88 with 888sport Tough draw for big John here. He doesn't actually do that well on grass as he finds the low bounce difficult. Not going to be easy against a man who beat him in s'Hertogenbosch last week and didn't drop serve against him. Donskoy has a real chance here and shouldn't be on this high a plus. - DUSTIN BROWN +3.5 GAMES v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez @ 1.98 with 888sport Brown is a very unorthodox player. He slices a lot of shots and rushes the net. Tactic is most effective on grass and that's why he's worth a play on the plus here. GGL has beaten him before, but he's not reliable over five sets and is capable of mental collapses. Might squeak through, but qualifier is a nasty draw for him. - DAVID GOFFIN +7.5 GAMES v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga @ 1.92 with 888sport Goffin loves the big matches. Played very well against Nole in Paris last month and wasn't overawed. Hard to see JWT dominating. Goffin showed last year that he can play on grass and Tsonga isn't one to steamroller opponents often. Belgian kid more than capable of taking a set or keeping them all close. - EDOUARD ROGER-VASSELIN +5,5 GAMES v Ernests Gulbis @ 1.95 with 888sport Something tells me this will be tough for Ernie. On an outside court, away from the cameras ... he's ripe for a shock. ERV is a tricky chap on grass - likes to come in, put pressure on the opponent and he's a grafter. They played in Delray Beach final earlier this year and Ernie won, but this is R1 and not in the limelight. - ANDY MURRAY -7.5 GAMES v Benjamin Becker @ 1.92 with 888sport Expecting a big two weeks from Andy. He defeated Benni at Queen's a few weeks ago and it was tight, but on a bigger stage and over best-of-five, he'll get a handle on Becker's power and move him around the court better. Seems a low handicap on one of the favourites for the title. Should have a 6-2 in him somewhere. - TOMMY ROBREDO -5.5 GAMES v Alex Bogomolov Jnr @ 2.04 with 888sport (NAP) Daft line and daft price. These are two men going in different directions. Robredo is on a roll right now after QFs in Paris and is playing steady percentage tennis. He leads the H2H 2-0 against a man on the downswing, who dwells in low-end 250s and Challengers and is low on confidence. Should be routine. - UNDER 27.5 GAMES between Roger Federer and Victor Hanescu @ 2.00 with 888sport Can't see Rog, as defending champ, hang around here. Hanescu has a big serve and will need to be firing bombs, because he'll be annihilated in longer rallies. Can see Federer motoring away and Romanian is one of the guys on tour who won't fight if the match slips away from him. Expecting a 6-1 in here from Federer on his favourite court. - MARCOS BAGHDATIS +5.5 GAMES v Marin Cilic @ 2.04 with 888sport Baggy is in dire form, he's not won since Valentine's Day, but he's a dangerous boy in Slams because he rises to the occasion. Cilic has never really excelled at Wimbers and could be susceptible to a shotmaker like Baggy. Croat throws in quite a few 4/5 setters in Slams and I can see this being one of them. Despite his form, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cypriot wins here. - OVER 40.5 GAMES between Marinko Matosevic and Guillaume Rufin @ 1.90 with 888sport One of those matches that just screams overs. Two decent servers, two poor returners, with concentration and mentality issues. Rufin is flashy, Matosevic is like a Ford Focus - dull, but can get the job done. Matosevic has never won a R1 match in a Slam. This is his best chance to do so, but chances are it'll be a long affair. - NICOLAS ALMAGRO -8.5 GAMES v Jurgen Zopp @ 2.00 with 888sport Never been a big fan of Nico on grass, but Zopp's the perfect opponent. He's just here for the prize money. 2013 has been year of the injury for the Estonian and he's sorely lacking in match fitness. Can't see him being able to last with someone of Nico's calibre. Good luck whatever you play :hope
Few decent picks in here mate! Took and quick glance and you seem to of had a decent day!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 I recommended Errani -5.5 games in the handicap today against Puig but actually backed the total match games under 19.5 which I though was safer and got lucky. Sorry if I mislead anybody? I also did the overs in the Verdasco/Malisse match but didn't have time to do a proper writeup, sorry. I was shocked at Nadal going out. Don't think the Djoker will win now. Nadal's exit has opened the door for Federer who if he lasts and doesn't have a long match should beat Murray and I'd fancy him against the Djoker on grass. Would even give Murray a great chance if he reaches the final. Anyway tomorrow.... Morita to beat Erakovic 11/5 SportingBet 2 players who can play on grass but havent done that well at Wimbledon so far usually only winning a round. Morita lost both grasscourt matches this year while Erakovic played well on clay and won a few rounds in Birmingham. However the H2H is 7-1 in favour of Morita and the only time Erakovic won was when Morita retired injured when 5-0 down on grass actually. Still there must be a huge hurdle to be overcome by Erakovic who has never beaten her in a completed match 10 points win Morita 11/5 SportingBet 10 point Accum Kerber 4/9 Pironkova 5/6 Hantuchova 4/9 Peng 4/7 Ladbrokes works out 5/1 Peng plays Medina Garrigues and leads the H2H 3-0 and is better on grass than her opponent. Pironkova has shown excellent form at Wimbledon the last 3 years and Pavlyuchenkova hasn't and didnt even play on grass this year. H2H 1-0 Pironkova. Hantuchova won Birmingham and loves grass. Zakopolova is ok on grass but is not long back from injury and still struggling. H2H 3-1 Hantuchova Kerber reached the semis last year while Mattek-Sands did well at the French. H2H 2-0 Mattek-Sands but she has a thigh injury and may struggle. Dolgopolov vs Elias under 29.5 games 5/6 Ladbrokes Dolgopolov although inconsistant sometimes is in a different league to Elias and should cover this line easily. Elias is a clay courter and playing for the first time on grass and I reckon he will struggle at this level 10 Points win Dolgopolov vs Elias total games under 29.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Others to consider tomorrow... Radwanska vs Meusberger - total games under 17.5. They played twice in 05 and 06 when Radwanska was young and inexperienced but won both in three sets. However Radwanska should win easily tomorrow. Meusberger is pretty average and spends most of her time on the challenger circuit and is not really used to the big stage. I think Aga will easily cover this line - odds around 5/6 Good Luck

Re: Wimbledon 2013 On to day two. Slightly fewer bets for me: - ALEXANDR DOLGOPOLOV -8.5 GAMES v Gastao Elias @ 1.88 with 888sport Elias' lack of grass court practice really concerns me here. The Portuguese has not played on the surface this year and has only one career match on the surface (loss to Zverev). He's shown glimpses of form on other surfaces, but the transition to grass is so difficult. Dolgo is a top 20 player and although he can have his moments, is a very tough opponent for Elias with such limited grass-time. Not sure he'll offer up a great deal of resistance to the Ukrainian. - RYAN HARRISON +1.5 GAMES v Jeremy Chardy @ 2.00 with 888sport The American leads the H2H 1-0 and is a decent Slam player. Took out Giraldo in Australia on the back of dreadful form and took Isner very close in Paris and has tried to piece his career back together with some consistency in the Challengers. I like him here because he'll fight and scrap and Chardy, whose mentality and consistency dog him, might be picked upon. Could be very close, so +1.5 games might be the way forward, as serve should dominate and Chardy in particular has a weak return game. - DENIS ISTOMIN +3.5 GAMES v Andreas Seppi @ 1.88 with 888sport Denis is a crafty Wimbledon player. He beat Seppi here last year and went the distance with him in Australia this year before losing. He's taken out Kohlschreiber and ran Fish and Youzhny close in years gone by, so he's a solid chap in south-west London. Can serve big and that might be the difference. Seppi's gone off the boil a little since February and can mentally check out in tight matches. Wouldn't have the big Uzbek on such a generous plus. - UNDER 30.5 GAMES between Juan Martin Del Potro and Albert Ramos @ 1.87 with 888sport I don't like Ramos on grass. He doesn't move well on it, his serve is pretty ineffective on it and his only tangible success on this surface is beating Blake last week, which is hardly something to shout about. Del Potro will hit through him with his flat forehand and be stronger in the serve. This line covers 6-4. 6-4. 6-4, but I'd expect it to be a bit easier for Delpo. Ramos just isn't a man for this surface and should be cannon fodder. - ROBERTO BAUTISTA-AGUT -2.5 GAMES v Teymuraz Gabashvili @ 1.92 with 888sport I saw someone say earlier that RBA is a clay courter. Big, fat, juicy testicles to that. He's actually posted his best results on quicker surfaces and took a set off Tipsarevic in the final of Chennai earlier this year. He's a typical Spaniard, a poor man's Robredo, if you like - plays the percentages well and can defend. He's everything the Gaba isn't. Big Russian hits big, but is very inconsistent and he didn't beat much in the qualies to get here. H2H is 1-1, but RBA won last year 6-3, 6-4 indoor in Russia and that's a good indication of where both these guys are right now and how this match should go. - PHILIPP KOHLSCHREIBER -3.5 GAMES v Ivan Dodig @ 1.84 with 888sport Okay, Dodig played well last week in Eastbourne, but Kohli is a step up on anything he faced there. German has QF points to defend and will be highly motivated to do well. Both men serve proficiently, but Kohli has a greater variety of shots and I suspect he's able to keep up his highest level for longer. Some may see this as a potential shock, but for me, Kohli should win this and ought to have it in him to secure the handicap. - DANIEL BRANDS -5.5 GAMES v Daniel Gimeno-Traver @ 1.87 with 888sport DGT hates grass. I suspect he'd rather play tennis on hot coals than this surface. He got spanked by Youzhny in Halle and lost to Andrey Kuznetsov in Holland last week, so his form has not improved a great deal. Brands, to be fair, has a distinctly average record on this surface, but he's got the big serve and the massive forehand as two potential weapons to carry him through. This has been the burly German's best season in a while - he's a bit like Rosol, if you haven't seen him before - and I think he'll bash his way to a cosy win here. Good luck whatever you play :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Sloan Stephens to beat Andrea Petkovic 1.94 Pinnacle (8/10 Points) Watched Stephens against Hampton, Hampton didn't play badly, Sloan was just ruthless. Not only good depth, but there was an aggressive force behind her shots too. She's obviously been working on her approach, there's more aggression and it's paying off. It's a good thing, she is more than just a good athlete. Petkovic's worst surface has always been grass, easy decision.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Del Potro v Ramos - Under 31.5 Games @ Bet Victor - 1.91 This match features Juan Martin Del Potro ranked 8th in the world and Ramos Vinolas ranked 62nd in the world. Ramos is a very poor grass court player and the surface does not suit his game at all. In my opinion he doesn't move very well on it. Where as Del Potro has a decent record on grass winning 25 matches to just 12 loses. Del Potro has also reached the 4th round here on his last two occasions and has never got knocked out in the first round. Del Potro has also covered this handicap when playing in the first round at Wimbledon on 3 of his last 4 occasions. The one year he did not cover it was when he played no grass court tournaments in that year. Ramos's record on grass reads 1 win to 5 loses. His only win coming against the ageing James Blake. Ramos played Verdasco just under a week ago now, and Verdasco won with ease, only losing 4 games. In my opinion Del Potro is a much better grass court player as well. Whilst Del Potro has done well here recently, Ramos has never got past the first round here and I don't fancy his chances again today. Del Potro participated in the Olympics last year which was played at Wimbledon. He showed what a good grass court player he is, winning the gold medal after losing a close 3 setter to Federer in the semi's. He then went on to beat Djokovic to win the bronze medal. Del Potro has played in Queens and recorded two good wins against top grass courter Malisse and Englishman Dan Evans. Before losing in the quarter final to Lleyton Hewitt who is showing what a good grass courter he still is. Ramos is a big level below Del Potro in my opinion, Ramos is still paying in alot of challenger events where as Del Potro won his first major a couple of years ago!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Matthew Ebden to beat Kei Nishikori @ 6.00 >Betfair I think this match could produce an upset, as Ebden has had plenty of success on grass recently. Although he has been playing on the Challenger Tour, he has still been able to get into the habit of winning, and I think that's important coming into a match like this. Nishikori has only played one official match on grass this season, which was a loss against Youzhny in Halle, and so Ebden should be more used to the surface than his Japanese counterpart. That could give the Australian an advantage of sorts, and as the only previous meeting between the two players went to five sets, I can't see why Nishikori is so heavily favoured here.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Kohlschreiber -3.5 1.80 @bet365 4/10 Kohlschreiber is comming off some solid games at the French Open. He played poorly in Halle. Dodig has a tendency to really give up and lose his calm when he gets a break game down (such as against Lopez in the last game I wached him). I feel like this will go 4 sets and Kohlschreiber should cover. He played good here last year and has previously won in Halle on Grass. I expect his to be highly concentrated on serve and to eventually break down Dodig. No value on the ML, but I see Kolschreiber as the more reliable player. PETZSCHNER +2.5 1.83 and straight win 2.51 @ Pinnacle 3/10 Michal Przysiezny has won all 3 games in qualifying. However, all these were against low ranked opponents and Petzschner on his day is easily a level above that, especially on clay. Petzschner looked pathetic against Cilic and he pulled out of Halle. However, I expect him to be fully focused, especially cause he is avoiding the doubles (where he usually participates in). He has a much better track record on grass and is the more talented played. I see this as a 50/50 game though due to form, therefore the 2.25 holds value. Playing with caution though due to Petzschner injury concerns and ability to self destruct. Przysiezny also has a tendency to lose often to players way outside the top 200. Petzschner is definitely more suited to grass play,though.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Hi guys, I'm the newest member here but not the newest player :p I see that paddy power is offering 3.5 odds for del potro, ferrer, berdych all win in three sets as a sunday special. The usual accumulated odds for this bet is like 2.38. So what do you think? Should I try this one? as it looks worth to try. I think Ferrer will have no problem winning in three. But will Albert Ramos (a clay courter but won against J.Blake easily on grass) and Martin Klizan (also a clay courter won easily against Troicki on grass) have the chance to win a set against out of form Del Potro but who almost beat Djokovic in Olympic on grass and Terdych, a big server?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Sorry made some mistake, Actually Paddy Power is offering 3.5 odds for djokovic, del potro, ferrer, berdych all win in three sets as a sunday special. The usual accumulated odds for this bet is like 2.9 (2.5 in bet365). So what do you think? Should I try this one? as it looks worth to try. I think Ferrer & Djokovic will have no problem winning in three. But will Albert Ramos (a clay courter but won against J.Blake easily on grass) and Martin Klizan (also a clay courter won easily against Troicki on grass) have the chance to win a set against Del potro and Terbych, both are top class players with big serve?

Sorry made some mistake' date=' Actually Paddy Power is offering 3.5 odds for djokovic, del potro, ferrer, berdych all win in three sets as a sunday special. The usual accumulated odds for this bet is like 2.9 (2.5 in bet365). So what do you think? Should I try this one? as it looks worth to try. I think Ferrer & Djokovic will have no problem winning in three. But will Albert Ramos (a clay courter but won against J.Blake easily on grass) and Martin Klizan (also a clay courter won easily against Troicki on grass) have the chance to win a set against Del potro and Terbych, both are top class players with big serve?[/quote'] I would say this probably offers a bit of value overall. Ferrer should win in straights; Djokovic might drop a set if he starts slow or Mayer is on top form as he's tricky on grass; Ramos is about as likely to take a set off Del Potro as Mayer is as he's not special on this surface; that leaves Berdych and Klizan, don't underestimate Klizan as he can damage anyone on top form. I would take this offer but as reflected in the odds, it's more likely than not one will take a set if not two.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Martin Klizan (+2.5 sets) to beat Tomas Berdych for a 3/10 stake at 2.88 with Pinnacle Back Martin Klizan to beat Tomas Berdych for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Pinnacle I am really not sure about where these prices are coming from. Sure, Berdych might be a class act on his day, but he has done little on grass since his great Wimbledon run in 2010 and I am a bit worried about his chances on the surface, as he did not look all that good in the Queen's Club either. Klizan is no world beater, but he has shown that he can play some decent stuff on the surface and I am sure that one set is fully within his range today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/klizan-vs-berdych-betting-tomas-berdych-might-struggle-at-the-start-of-his-wimbledon-campaign-20130625 Back Ayumi Morita to beat Marina Erakovic for a 4/10 stake at 3.00 with Bet365 There might be some doubts over Morita's form at the moment, but this could be the ideal match for bouncing back really, as she has always known how to play against Erakovic, who has a dreadful 1-7 record against her - and the single win came after Morita's retirement. Erakovic had a good run in Birmingham and that counts for something, but I have never rated her that highly and I feel that these odds might be a bit of an overreaction really. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/morita-vs-erakovic-betting-marina-erakovic-looks-a-bit-overrated-after-her-decent-run-in-birmingham-20130625 Back Tsvetana Pironkova to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Pavlyuchenkova has never really excelled on grass and she has apparently decided to skip the smaller events this time around, so fancy Pironkova to push her to the limit today. The Bulgarian has always been able to perform well on the surface and she is coming into this match on the back of some decent wins in Hertogenbosch, so I expect her to be too strong for the Russian this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pironkova-vs-pavlyuchenkova-betting-tsvetana-pironkova-deserves-to-be-a-decent-favourite-against-the-russian-20130625

I recommended Errani -5.5 games in the handicap today against Puig but actually backed the total match games under 19.5 which I though was safer and got lucky. Sorry if I mislead anybody? I also did the overs in the Verdasco/Malisse match but didn't have time to do a proper writeup, sorry. I was shocked at Nadal going out. Don't think the Djoker will win now. Nadal's exit has opened the door for Federer who if he lasts and doesn't have a long match should beat Murray and I'd fancy him against the Djoker on grass. Would even give Murray a great chance if he reaches the final. Anyway tomorrow.... Morita to beat Erakovic 11/5 SportingBet 2 players who can play on grass but havent done that well at Wimbledon so far usually only winning a round. Morita lost both grasscourt matches this year while Erakovic played well on clay and won a few rounds in Birmingham. However the H2H is 7-1 in favour of Morita and the only time Erakovic won was when Morita retired injured when 5-0 down on grass actually. Still there must be a huge hurdle to be overcome by Erakovic who has never beaten her in a completed match 10 points win Morita 11/5 SportingBet 10 point Accum Kerber 4/9 Pironkova 5/6 Hantuchova 4/9 Peng 4/7 Ladbrokes works out 5/1 Peng plays Medina Garrigues and leads the H2H 3-0 and is better on grass than her opponent. Pironkova has shown excellent form at Wimbledon the last 3 years and Pavlyuchenkova hasn't and didnt even play on grass this year. H2H 1-0 Pironkova. Hantuchova won Birmingham and loves grass. Zakopolova is ok on grass but is not long back from injury and still struggling. H2H 3-1 Hantuchova Kerber reached the semis last year while Mattek-Sands did well at the French. H2H 2-0 Mattek-Sands but she has a thigh injury and may struggle. Dolgopolov vs Elias under 29.5 games 5/6 Ladbrokes Dolgopolov although inconsistant sometimes is in a different league to Elias and should cover this line easily. Elias is a clay courter and playing for the first time on grass and I reckon he will struggle at this level 10 Points win Dolgopolov vs Elias total games under 29.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Others to consider tomorrow... Radwanska vs Meusberger - total games under 17.5. They played twice in 05 and 06 when Radwanska was young and inexperienced but won both in three sets. However Radwanska should win easily tomorrow. Meusberger is pretty average and spends most of her time on the challenger circuit and is not really used to the big stage. I think Aga will easily cover this line - odds around 5/6 Good Luck
Federer 'should beat Murray?' Where do you get that from? Murray has Federer's number nowadays and destroys his second serve and to a certain extent his game in general. Granted, grass would probably be Federer's best chance of beating Murray but I've already got their potential semi-final marked down as one of my best money-making chances of the tournament as the bookies will no doubt over-estimate Federer as usual based on his past, leaving us with very decent odds on Murray.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 2pts B.Kavcic +5 Vs L.Struff 2.00 Bet365 This looks like it's going to be a close one so I'm not sure on how odds of 3.0 are derived. Kavcic leads the head-2-head 1-0 albeit on Clay. The rankings seem to be close (Kavcic 132 / Struff 115th) both seem to be able to serve well. I can't see it being straight-forward either way. 4pts Over 39.5 games I.Dodig V P.Kohlschreiber 1.72 Bet365 2pts I.Dodig to beat P.Kohlschreiber 2.75 Bet365 I fancy this one to be close too. Kohlschreiber perhaps the better player on the grass however Dodig is in some very good form right now. Both of these guys can serve well but I think Dodig has actually served better on the grass this year where as Kohlschreiber has returned better so it should make for a good game. I very much doubt this will be completed in 3 so I'll take the games and a small punt on the winner.