** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2013

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Serena Williams to win Wimbledon without losing a set - Youwin @ 9 This bet features the World Number one Serena Williams to win Wimbledon without losing a set. Serena Williams is in great form and has won her last 31 matches! This includes 23 wins to 0 loses on her least favourite surface clay! Williams is also a great grass court player she has won 76 matches to just 9 loses in here career. Williams has won Wimbledon 5 times and most recently last year, which shows how much she loves it here and I have no doubt in my mind that she will win it again. She is playing some of the best tennis of her Career now and can beat anyone even when she is not at her best in my opinion. She is massive favourite to win here, as low as 1.4 with Bet365 this shows how dominant she is in woman's tennis at the moment. Despite dropping a few sets when she won Wimbledon last year I still feel she can win the tournament without dropping a set. In 2010 and 2009 she went on to win Wimbledon and on both occasions she did not drop a set. This proves it is very possible. She also did this back in 2002, where she went on to win the tournament without dropping a set, including a 2-0 win over her sister in the final. In the first round she faces Minella, who has never won a grass court match so I don't expect her to drop a set here. Serena won the French Open very recently, and only dropped one set along the way, she beat Errani 6-0 6-1 in the semis before beating Sharapova in the final 6-4 6-4. It must be noted that clay is her worst surface and if she went all the way only losing one set then it is very possible she can go all the way not losing a set on grass. Williams is having a great season and looks to be getting better and better, she has lost just two games all season. These odds show real value as Serena Williams would of landed this bet 3 times whilst only entering Wimbledon 13 times and in the early stages of her career she was not as good as she is now. Serena has also only dropped 1 set in her last 14 matches, this includes straight set wins over Sharapova x2 and Azarenka, these two being her main competitors for this title. This really shows this bet has a better chance than the odds reflect!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Well, being a fan of Dustin Brown its good to see him getting a favorable draw here.I think he can beat GG Lopez or better yet an over play might be the way to go here.Brown's funky style is Taylor made for grass but his return of service game is loathsome. Can see 1-2 tiebreaks in this match for sure.Two previous meetings, albeit on clay I think will push the price up if you fancy Brown.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 I agree with Banner that she wont lose a set. On the mens side I think Nadal will come through the tough section. He has Federer's and Murray's number on all surfaces in my opinion assuming the all get that far but unfortunately Djokovic had Nadal's. That fightback in the french gives Nadal some hope. I need to study it further!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 No value in the mens draw for me so it's a no bet. Obviously quarter 2 containing Ferrer is the starting point for value seekers like myself, however it looks like being quite a tricky quarter, having watched Del Potro struggle last week he can't be trusted, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Kohlschreiber, Raonic and Dolgopolov can all beat each other on their day. I've plumped for Kvitova (Q4) @ 22/1 and Wozniaki (Q3) @ 100/1 in the womens. Both have won over 70% of games played on grass in their careers and over 65% of their games this season. Obviously be a tough ask for any of them to beat Serena but I've gone in each-way. All being well Wozniacki would meet Sharapova in the Quarters - I'd rather take a chance on Wozniacki given Sharapovas abysmal record against Serena as it isn't really worth backing her each way. Whilst Kvitova is due to meet Azarenka in the quarters - whom she beat when winning here 2 years ago and has a pretty decent record against, albeit if they haven't played recently.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Fortunately I backed Djokovic at 15/8 last week on PP (now down to 5/4). They are also refunding stakes if Murray wins. I'll cover a bit on Nadal at 4/1 with the same firm as I can't see anyone outside those three having a cuance so that should hopefully guarantee no losses with main profit if Novak wins.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Some thoughts on the Wimbledon matches. 1) TROICKI to beat TIPSAREVIC. 2,875 @ marathonbet (6/10) Pick against Tipsarevic who is completely out of shape. Although he has some decent stats on the green courts I don´t rate him that high on the fast surface. The last three Wimbledon appearances he couldn´t manage to get further than round 3 (1st round 2010, 1st round 2011, 3rd round 2012). On the other hand, Troicki isn´t a grass courter, but he can play decent tennis with his fast strokes and good serve on that court. In my eyes, this should be about 2,35 on Troicki. 2) SOEDA (-4,5 games) to beat HAIDER-MAURER. 1,90 @ marathonbet (8/10). Unbelievable that someone like Haider-Maurer is qualified for the main draw of a grand slam event without playing the qualifications...he is not more than an ordinary player on the challenger events on clay court...played 12 times on grass court, lost 7 of these matches. Soeda on the other hand isn´t more than a challenger player, but he has much more experience on the grass courts. It´s his 8th game only in this year, and he simply cruised through the qualies and should be decent favorite here. 3) MAHUT vs HAJEK UNDER 30,5 games. 1,99 @ marathonbet (9/10) To make it short: Mahut plays decent stuff with his serve and volley game and Hajek is a push-over. It´s not enough on grass courts to just play the balls in the court with no speed on them. Hajek is 29 years old, played 5 times on grass, lost 4.... 4) DJOKOVIC vs F. MAYER OVER 29,5 games. 1,97 @ marathonbet (7/10) Mayer with his unconventional style of play and deep slices can cause some trouble to Djokovic. Mayer will be focused, perhaps Djokovic has some problems to get in this tournament as he tends to lose a few sets in the early stages of a grand slam event. This line looks too low. 5) GABASHVILI to beat BAUTISTA-AGUT. 2,34 @ marathonbet (5/10). This should be nearly evens, I think. Bautista-Agut is a typical clay courter who grinds out a lot of balls. Indeed, he has a positive record on grass, but that´s due to the low-ranked players he has faced there in the past. Gabashvili has a decent serve, direct strokes, he can cause trouble to Bautistas serve. It´s more than a coin flip, so this should be value. 6) BEDENE (-3,5 games) to beat L. MAYER. 1,97 @ marathonbet (8/10). Bedene should be clear favorite here. He moves very well on the grass courts and can play flexibly, I´ve watched him against Querrey, it was quite impressive. In the rallies should have the upper hand against an ordinary player like Mayer. 7) KAMKE to beat BENNETEAU. 3,55 @ marathonbet (6/10) KAMKE vs. BENNETEAU over 36,5 games. 1,85 @ marathonbet (8/10) I fancy Kamke here to cause trouble to Benneteau. They met at Roland Garros, a match that Benneteau won in 5 sets although Kamke was the better player thoughout the whole match. But Benneteau fought impressive and was carried on the crowd´s supoort, something that he will miss here. Kamke will be very motivated to do it better here, and he is a decent grass courter, moves well and has flexible play. I don´t really get these odds... 8) LORENZI to beat DE SCHEPPER. 2,80 @ marathonbet (5/10). I have to try this one. De Schepper is "little Karlovic", and Lorenzi should make around 80-90% of the points, when it comes to longer rallies. he should have a decent chance here, especially as de Schepper struggeles at his first serve in some parts of the match. Than Lorenzi can break him. 9) EDMUND (+5,5 games) to beat JANOWICZ. 1,97 @ marathonbet (8/10). I dont´t think that Janowicz can cover this line. Edmund will be very motived and has the support of his home crowd. He played quited well at Eastbourne this week, forcing Simon into two tie-breaks and beating de Schepper. Janowicz wasn´t convincing recently, he lost to Basic at Halle. I see some tie-breaks in this match, and I would have this line 1,5 points lower here. 10) MLADENOVIC vs SHARAPOVA over 17,5 games. 1,90 @ marathonbet (7/10). Mladenovic has a decent serve and fast strokes from the baseline. It´s definetely possible for her to win 6 games (or 5 in a set).

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Who Will Last Longer? - Rafael Nadal (vs. Andy Murray) for a 3/10 stake at 2.76 with Pinnacle If Nadal's knees hold, I think that there is every chance of him going all the way to the finals. Moreover, this bet can also be won by Murray losing early on, which is not completely unconceivable either in my opinion. As it stands, I think that Nadal pretty much has Federer's number regardless of the surface (and the longer format of the game can only help him) - and I would also have him as the favorite against Murray in the semis if it goes all the way down to that, so these odds look worth taking to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wimbledon-2013-betting-rafael-nadal-to-confirm-his-overall-dominance-over-the-next-two-weeks-20130622 Back Who Will Last Longer? - Agnieszka Radwanska (vs. Na Li) for a 4/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle Both Radwanska and Li are playing pretty poorly right now in terms of their high standards, but I think that Radwanska might be worth backing in this match-up. She has always been the better player of the two on grass and, to top things off, she also has the easier draw of the two early on, with Li potentially facing some very tricky battles all the way down to the quarterfinals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wimbledon-2013-betting-agnieszka-radwanska-could-go-better-than-the-chinese-number-one--20130622 Back Who will have the most total aces in Wimbledon? - Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Ladbrokes An interest punt at best, but I would give Kohli much more credit in this particular market. He has a proven record on grass courts, he is in a decent enough nick, and, most importantly, his draw is also potentially open to him going really far if things go his way. Tsonga probably deserves to be the fav given his overall quality, but I would have Kohli above the likes of Isner, Raonic, and Querrey, so I think that this might be worth a small punt. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wimbledon-2013-betting-philipp-kohlschreiber-could-go-well-in-the-aces-department-20130622

Re: Wimbledon 2013 One that stuck out to me was Cadantu at 2.80 with my local bookie (who has inferior odds to most shops so probably slightly higher at most shops). She faces Tamira Pazcek, who by all accounts must have something going on. Is it an injury? Or maybe she's just lost a desire to play tennis at the moment? Cadantu is no world-beater by any means, but she is priced 2.80 vs a player who: is 1-13 in 14 matches played in 2013 and retired in 3 of those 13 losses. I assume the price is what it is because the Romanian doesn't have a win on Grass yet in her career (5matches) as well as the fact, surprisingly, Tamira made the 1/4s at last year's wimbledon. Her horrible form promptly started after that QF run. I guess Cadantu may not be worth anything more then minimal stakes as she has no wins over anyone to speak of but Tamira's points from last year have her seeded 28th and this could certainly be an upset no one would be shocked to see.

Re: Wimbledon 2013

4) DJOKOVIC vs F. MAYER OVER 29,5 games. 1,97 @ marathonbet (7/10) Mayer with his unconventional style of play and deep slices can cause some trouble to Djokovic. Mayer will be focused, perhaps Djokovic has some problems to get in this tournament as he tends to lose a few sets in the early stages of a grand slam event. This line looks too low.
Over 28.5 Games is available at 10/11 with Paddy Power if you're keen

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Ok, I would like to give my thoughts on some of the matches. Regarding Guardiola's post. I agree 100% with 2,3,5 and 6. The others have chances and if pushed I would probably agree except I think Sharapova will dismantle Mladenovic but that margin is no so clearcut as it depends on how Mladenovic serves and how the Sharapova forehand and serve is working early on. Paszek vs Candantu. Pazsek retired last week in Eastbourne and in Nottingham. I don't know what is wrong but I do know Candantu is pretty average. If people are backing against Pazsek I would advise somewhere like Ladbrokes who pay out after one point if the other player retires. If Pazsek is fit she will win. Tomorrows Matches: Hewitt to beat Wawrinka 11/8 Boylesports Although not as good as he was, Hewitt is still a force on grass. Don't forget he won the title here Wawrinka lost in the 1st round here last year and had a bust last week in Den Bosch beaten comprensively by Mahut. I think Hewitt will be inspired again after his impressive run at Queens and send Wawrinka back home. I am always keen to take on players who had a deep run the previous week. For many reasons this match has upset written all over it! 10 points win Hewitt 11/8 Boylesports Cilic vs Baghdatis Under 35.5 games 11/10 Paddy Power Cilic had a few excellent wins in trying to defend his title at Queens. Baghdatis on the other had seems to have other things on his mind. Since before the French he has suffered a string of loses, some against players he would have hammered in the past and until he shows something, you have to be against him. On his recent form, it doesn't look like this contest will last too long. 3-1 H2H in favour of Cilic. 10 points win Cilic vs Baghdatis Under 35.5 games 11/10 Paddy Power Lu -4.5 games Vs Ward Evs Paddy Power In terms of ranking and experience there is a gulf between them. Ward beat Andujar here last year who was on a bad run. Lu beat Roddick here a few years ago and had a deep run. Spot the difference? I think Lu will easily cover this line 10 points win Lu -4.5 games Evs Paddy Power Azarenka -7.5 games vs Koehler 8/11 Paddy Power Again a gulf between these two. Even allowing for Azarenka's lapses Koehler will struggle to win a game never mind 5. That's why Azarenka will easily cover this line 10 points win Azarenka -7.5 games 8/11 Paddy Power Errani -5.5 games vs Puig 5/6 Paddy Power 2 clay courters with Puig much improved this year. However she has not yet learned to play on grass and Errani who struggles against the big hitters on grass will win this one easily by using her court craft to outsmart Puig. 10 Points win Errani -5.5 games Paddy Power King to beat Cornet 9/5 BetVictor King leads 1-0 in the H2H which was played 3 years ago on clay. Since then Cornet has improved and King has dropped in the rankings. However this is grass and Cornet seems all at sea on it! King is only marginally better but is better nevertheless. King lost in the qualies and enters the draw as a lucky loser. This is her chance though as I wonder how much Cornet will put into this given that she has a lot of points to defend in Bad Gastein after Wimbledon. I see this match played from the baseline with King coming in a bit more to finish off the points and Cornet making more errors. 10 points win King 9/5 BetVictor Murguruza to beat Keothavong 2-0 3/4 BetVictor Murguruza who has a good game for grass has improved throughout the year doing well last week in den Bosch. Keothavong on the other hand is in a word, terrible! She lost in straight sets in the qualies of Eastbourne to Moore of GB and that really spells it out. In addition she always gets very nervous at Wimbledon. So between nerves and poor shots by Keothavong and good play by the spaniard I expect another easy first round defeat for Keothavong. 10 Points win Murguruza 2-0 3/4 BetVictor Other matches to consider: Verdasco vs Malisse - Over games: - 3-1 Verdasco in H2H but Malisse won here last year 8-6 in the fifth. In the Aussie open it also went 5! Safarova vs Davis - Safarova has a poor record here but Davis is playing her first Wimbledon. Have a look at the overs or upset odds. Stephens vs Hampton - 1-1 H2H. Hampton playing well - deep run last week. Stephens 1st match on grass 3rd round last year. Hampton must be tired. Stephens is value.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Marcus Baghdatis to beat Marin Cilic 5.54 Pinnacle (2/10 points) Toomany people act within the present, without regarding the all important past, the all important pass suggests and states Marcus is a considerably better player than he is letting on atm, I watched him against Gulbis and he played with an element of controlled aggression. He's a player that has had some monumentic clashes in grandslams over the years, highly popular and highly talented when his head is in the right frame of mind. Cilic, away from his serve isn't much of a challenge if a player is inspired and producing quality tennis, he is extremely immobile and that doesn't help for the pressure moments. Player's withouta s great movement tend to be more prone to choking, the player's with movement, less so, because they have their movement they know they can fall back on. Baggy tanked it against Berlocq because it was his birthday, every Wimbledon Baggy does well, he's taken sets of quite some star names. Baggy's forehand up against the Croation's, leaves only one winner. We all know Marcus's wonder tennis in slams. Big displays against Djokovic, Murray and co. He's no mug. It's also likely this match will be played on either center on court 1, which leaves more opportunity for the crowd to play a part. He has a huge fan base, followed and unfollowed, people take to him easy. Attractive style of play and an endearing and charismatic oncourt person, whereas Cilic's one dimensional and very reserved on-court demoner draws no support. Don't allow Marcus's inability on clay fool you on this one Marcus Baghdatis vs Marin Cilic Over 36 games 1.79 Pinnacle (6/10 points)

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Yeah, seems that Baghdatis might be the bet of the season at that high odd, Guys please be aware. We all place bets nearly every day. i think that this is one of the seldom opportunities To have a player like Baghdatis priced @4.5 or higher, against who? Against Cilic dear friends i wouldnt miss such a chance, remember, such a case must be a single bet lets see...

Baghdatis just lost to a mug this week just gone on grass though........... !
That's just superficial thinking. Who cares? You think Baggy cared? Berlocq isn't a mug, he hasn't got the game for grass though. It was Baggy's birthday. Look, Baggy may well lose in 5 or 4 sets, but these odds are a drastic over-reaction to Cilic's little run at Queens, where he should have lost to Feliciano Lopez. Back Baggy on betfair and trade out when he takes a lead.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 5pts R.Nadal to win Wimbledon 6.00 Youwin Really like the draw of Nadal. I think he will fly through that until Federer and I really think he will beat Fed too. He would then have a semi vs Murray and Id fancy him there. He has won every tournament but one since his return from injury and I don't think he is looking tired or injured atall. Nadal for me. 2pts T.Haas to win Quarter 1 21.00 Betfred 1pt F.Lopez to win Quarter 1 81.00 Paddypower These odds are crazy. Haas and Lopez are on spectacular form right now. Haas got to the Quarter-final of the French open losing to Djokovic who he will meet along the way, but it was a closely fought game that Djokovic edged. Especially the final 2 sets. He then beat Gulbis and the in-form Monfils and went out of the Halle event to Federer in 3 sets. Lopez has won 9 of his last 10 matches on grass getting to the final of London event and narrowly losing to Cilic and then winning the Eastbourne event so he is certainly feeling the London events.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Thanks for your feedback on Baghdatis, but the fact remains that he hasnt won a match since February. Den Bosch - Lost to Berloq 6-2 6-4 his birthday - ok Halle - lost to Gulbis 6-4 3-6 6-3 French - lost to Paire 3-6 7-6 6-4 6-4 Rome - lost to Dimitrov 6-3 6-4 Madrid - lost to Robredo 6-4 6-2 Munich - lost to Korolev 7-5 7-6 Dallas Challenger - lost to Sijsling 7-5 3-1 ret Indian Wells - lost to Brands 6-0 7-6 Dubai - lost to Del Potro 4-6 6-4 7-6 He was in good form before that. I can make excuses for him on clay and maybe he will beat Cilic (3-1 H2H deficit) but a player who hasnt won a match since February must be struggling with confidence? That said he has been good on grass in the past. The overs might be the bet or maybe back him on betfair and lay him back if possible? Anyway good luck with your bets.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 N. Djokovic - F. Mayer over 29 games @1.87 Pinnacle (6/10) I think that F. Mayer is strongest player who will play with Novak untill 1/4 finals, because i think that he will have much easier opponents in next rounds. Mayer play great at grass... It's big accident for him to play with Novak in first round... For me Novak is favorite to win Wimbledon, but i think that he will have little problems in this game, and i don't think that he will win this easy... Both players have a lot of time to prepare for this tournament and we can expect big resistance from Mayer. Over 29 games is my call! Sorry for bad english...

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Hello everyone! With Wimbledon around the corner I'm going contribute to the forum after roughly a year of stalking. Back Michael Llodra to win the 1st set and win the match against Jarkko Nieminen @ 2.10 Ladbrokes I am going against my countryman here in the first round of Wimbledon. Grass isn't Nemo's best surface as he has a relatively weak serve and prefers more long baseline rallies. He reached quarterfinals here once - back in 2006 - but apart from that he hasn't enjoyed much success on the lawn. Secondly, Jarkko hates playing big servers and has really struggled against them in the past, at least on a fast surface. I checked out some of his h2hs against guys with big serves to get a picture: Kevin Anderson 4-0 Tomas Berdych 7-1 John Isner 4-0 Juan Martin Del Potro 5-1 Ernests Gulbis 5-0 You could argue all these abovementioned players are better than Llodra in every department but fact is Nieminen isn't in his comfort zone when playing against big hitters. Llodra has a good serve and loves to S&V - I think Nemo will have hard time breaking him. What is more, Nieminen caught a stomach bug last week right after the match against Lopez at Eastbourne. He had a high fever for two days and even spent one night at a hospital. Now he is feeling better but it has definately affected his preparation for the tournament. On top of that, he has also had some minor elbow problems during the clay season. Despite these health problems, I know Nieminen is a fighter and likely won't retire during the match. He might however grab a set or even two, but in the end I see Llodra coming out on top.

Thanks for your feedback on Baghdatis, but the fact remains that he hasnt won a match since February. Den Bosch - Lost to Berloq 6-2 6-4 his birthday - ok Halle - lost to Gulbis 6-4 3-6 6-3 French - lost to Paire 3-6 7-6 6-4 6-4 Rome - lost to Dimitrov 6-3 6-4 Madrid - lost to Robredo 6-4 6-2 Munich - lost to Korolev 7-5 7-6 Dallas Challenger - lost to Sijsling 7-5 3-1 ret Indian Wells - lost to Brands 6-0 7-6 Dubai - lost to Del Potro 4-6 6-4 7-6 He was in good form before that. I can make excuses for him on clay and maybe he will beat Cilic (3-1 H2H deficit) but a player who hasnt won a match since February must be struggling with confidence? That said he has been good on grass in the past. The overs might be the bet or maybe back him on betfair and lay him back if possible? Anyway good luck with your bets.
I agree Cilic should win, Baggy's form has been off and there is only so much you can look at the past and put the trust in him to come good, but to suggest he is going to be straight setted by Cilic at Wimbledon? I think it's a bit irrational, but that's just my opinion. Lot's of people are being blinkered by Cilic's run at Queens, suddenly he's immediately being deemed as a big player. [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 25 2012[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) Match Stats, Grass, Rank 42, Rating 2.98[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (4)Andy Murray(4,4.74) (GBR) 7-5 3-6 7-5 6-1 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$7.932[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 64[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Grigor Dimitrov(69,2.71) (BUL) 7-5 4-1 ret. Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$2.360[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Albert Montanes(90,1.00) (ESP) 6-2 6-4 6-4 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$1.135[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 20 2011[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) Match Stats, Grass, Seed (32), Rank 30, Rating 2.41[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (2)Novak Djokovic(2,5.82) (SRB) 6-4 4-6 6-3 6-4 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$17.240[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 64[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Andreas Seppi(38,2.46) (ITA) 6-4 7-6(4) 7-5 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$1.949[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. James Blake(102,1.18) (USA) 6-4 6-2 6-7(5) 4-6 6-4 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$1.203[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 20 2010[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) Match Stats, Grass, Seed (24), Rank 27, Rating 2.01[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to Lukas Lacko(73,1.10) (SVK) 6-3 2-6 6-3 6-1 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]$1.322[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 23 2008[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) Match Stats, Grass, Seed (10), Rank 25, Rating 3.76[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 16[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (31)Feliciano Lopez(35,2.38) (ESP) 5-7 6-2 3-6 7-6(4) 8-6 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (q)Simon Stadler(172,0.98) (GER) 7-6(2) 6-4 6-2 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 64[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Thomas Johansson(63,1.22) (SWE) 6-4 6-4 6-4 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Steve Darcis(51,2.15) (BEL) 6-3 6-2 6-7(5) 6-3 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 25 2007[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) , Grass, Seed (10), Rank 16, Rating 3.55[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Quarter Final[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (4)Novak Djokovic(5,3.53) (SRB) 7-6(4) 7-6(9) 6-7(3) 4-6 7-5 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 16[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (6)Nikolay Davydenko(4,2.44) (RUS) 7-6(5) 7-6(5) 6-3 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (23)David Nalbandian(25,3.05) (ARG) 6-2 7-5 6-0 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 64[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Nicolas Devilder(102,-0.14) (FRA) 6-0 7-6(5) 6-7(4) 6-2 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Ernests Gulbis(82,1.24) (LAT) 3-6 6-4 6-3 6-2 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 26 2006[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) , Grass, Seed (18), Rank 16, Rating 3.39[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Semi Final[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (2)Rafael Nadal(2,3.93) (ESP) 6-1 7-5 6-3 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Quarter Final[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (6)Lleyton Hewitt(9,4.03) (AUS) 6-1 5-7 7-6(5) 6-2 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 16[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. Andy Murray(44,2.89) (GBR) 6-3 6-4 7-6(2) Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 32[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (15)Sebastien Grosjean(26,2.93) (FRA) 4-6 6-4 6-4 6-1 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 64[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (WC)Andrei Pavel(79,1.79) (ROU) 3-0 ret. Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Def. (WC)Alan Mackin(367,0.79) (GBR) 6-4 6-7(4) 6-7(4) 7-5 6-2 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 20 2005[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) , Grass, Rank 90, Rating 1.15[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Round of 128[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to (31)Mikhail Youzhny(34,1.91) (RUS) 6-2 3-6 6-1 6-4 Recap Match Stats[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 80]Jun 21 2004[/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: tournamentStyle, width: 100%, colspan: 10]Wimbledon ATP Slam (GBR) , Grass, Rank 224, Rating -2.02[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchDateStyle, width: 80]Qualifying R1[/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle, width: 5][/TD] [TD=class: matchStyle]Lost to Paul Goldstein(150,1.15) (USA) 7-5 6-4 Recap[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] You really think a player that has this sort of record at Wimbledon is going to just lay down and die in straight sets at the greatest tennis tournament on the planet? I disagree, immensley. Good luck however.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Adrian Unger vs Benoit Paire Paire to win 3-1 set betting 14/5 skybet he has a great season so far and people have been talking about him but grass is not his best surface so he may lose a set Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs David Goffin Tsonga to win 3-1 set betting 7/2 skybet it could be tough match for Tsonga as his opponent is a good player but is decent but not great on grass so four sets could be the way to go Rafael Nadal vs Steve Darcis Nadal to win 3-1 set betting 9/2 skybet well he is form and won the last grand slam but has not played on this surface yet as his opponent has he may struggle early on and may lose first set but going on to win the match

Re: Wimbledon 2013 I wasn't going on Cilic's run at Queens and was fully aware of Baghdatis's record on grass but I was going by Baghdatis's current results. I have seen some of Cilic's opening matches in slams and sometimes he has started slowly and lethargic and if he does tomorrow it is game over but I was concerned for Baghdatis's confidence and motivation. You have put forward a very strong case which is brilliant and enough to sow the seeds of doubt in my mind. In hindsight I concede that the overs might be better than the unders? Thanks for your excellent feedback :-)

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Well Cilic did fall twice in the first round 2 out of the last 3 years and Wimbledon plays differently to the other grass court events. Baghdatis has a much better record there and you are right, Cilic will have to be up from the start. I have decided to stay out of that match now so I hope you collect. I am i on the others though.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Sergiy Stakhovsky - Rogerio Dutra Silva correct score 3:0 @1.80 bet365 8/10 Stakhovsky's style is great for grass. He has very good serve and play very aggressive. He prepare for Wimbledon, and he played 6 matches this year on grass. Dutra Silva don't play often on grass, in his entire career he played only 8 games on grass. This year he play only one match on grass. He played in Hertogenbosch and lose in first round... I think that this match Stakhovsky will easy win, 3:0 in sets... Good luck!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 3pts A.Falla to beat S.Robert 2.20 >Bet365 This price seems abit odd to me. Robert is 35 and has never got passed round 1 of Wimbledon. He won some qualifying rounds for this tournament, but he hardly set the world alight. He only just beat a player ranked 239th. Falla is a better player and even though grass may not be his preference he still beat Isner and Mahut last year at Wimbledon. Falla for me. Looking through Falla's recent results he has had some retirements through injury which would be a void bet so worth the risk in my opinion

Re: Wimbledon 2013 1.5pts Y.Donskoy to beat J.Isner 3.50 Bet365 Donskoy is on some real good form right now and beat Isner only a week ago 2-1 after Isner winning the first set. Now obviously that don't mean Donskoy is going to win again because Isner is going to be alot more motivated here but I don't think the odds on him doing so are 3.50 so I'll take a cautious punt at this one. 2pts M.Cilic -6.5 games to beat M.Baghdatis 2.10 Bet365 Can't see Baghdatis getting more than a set at best here. His form is ridiculous losing 9 of his last 10 matches. He in the past has done well at Wimbledon, but then he didn't have a run-in of form like he has now. Cilic is in some good form of his own getting to the final of ATP London as preparation for this one and I'd be very surprised if Bag took more then a set here.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 I was just reading on a website about player injuries and came across the following: Week 25 Sloane Stephens - Abdominal Strain Sara Errani - Right Abductor Strain Week 24 Kevin Anderson - Shoulder J-W Tsonga - Viral Infection Phillip Petschner - Shoulder Yaroslava Shvedova Right Arm Johanna Konta - Lower Back Mallory Burdette - Right Shoulder Bettany Mattek-Sands Right Thigh Chanelle Scheepers - Lower Back Silvia Soler-Espinosa Right Shoulder Obviously some injuries are more serious than others. Please feel free to comment