** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 13-16 Jun

kevshat

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun I have 2 players still in contention going into the final day in Jason Day (40/1) and Charl Schwartzal (35/1). I would say those 3+ or better still have a live chance but anyone worse off than that would need to have the round of their lives to win this. You just can't see anyone shooting a 5 or 6 under on this course so those 4+ or worse are probably too far back. It's been a cracking watch though as the course has been pretty brutal. Miss the fairways or even worse miss the green and your in big trouble. Add that to the greens quickening up as they dry out will prove very tough to shoot a low score today. Good luck everyone still on contention!

Donald missing 3 birdie attempts within 10 foot took its toll in the end. Although he was always going to struggle with the length of the 17th and 18th holes. For me I think Mickelson and Mahan will be fighting this out come late today. Mahan will learn a lot from his loss a couple of years ago to Lucas glover and lefty will have the whole of America behind him and the galleries will be at fever pitch.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun

sergio had a 10 on a par 4, 3 balls OB!! Poulter twice OB this round Mcilroy OB quite a few missing fairways. Yes some are playing the course well and hanging in there, others are not. Just cant get my head around players going OB when they have a fairway in front of them to hit.
It's quite simple Bowles.. Its a very long, very narrow course, with devastating rough.. They are forced to take irons off tee's, and they really have to force the irons to get them up as far as possible.. When you are increasing the speed you hit the ball, the less control you have over it. There, in some cases, is 5 bloody yards between the fairway and the out of bounds.. You can't understand the course from sitting on an armchair.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun The two top boys are Mickelson and Schwartzel. You can forget about Stricker, Horschel and Day. Nobody is going to shoot 66 today, so the leaders will have to blow up. 69 from the any of the top 4 will win it. Mahan has not been in the last group at a Major, and I think the pressure will blow him up. Stricker is on the very edge of his game, wheels to come off today. Justin Rose the dark horse .....

It's quite simple Bowles.. Its a very long' date=' very narrow course, with devastating rough.. They are forced to take irons off tee's, and they really have to force the irons to get them up as far as possible.. When you are increasing the speed you hit the ball, the less control you have over it. There, in some cases, is 5 bloody yards between the fairway and the out of bounds.. You can't understand the course from sitting on an armchair.[/quote'] Fair enough I do realise they have set the course up Easy mistakes though mcilroy just snapped his wedge another poor approach

The two top boys are Mickelson and Schwartzel. You can forget about Stricker, Horschel and Day. Nobody is going to shoot 66 today, so the leaders will have to blow up. 69 from the any of the top 4 will win it. Mahan has not been in the last group at a Major, and I think the pressure will blow him up. Stricker is on the very edge of his game, wheels to come off today. Justin Rose the dark horse .....
You don't have to shoot a 66 to win.. A 70 is a great score.

Fair enough I do realise they have set the course up Easy mistakes though mcilroy just snapped his wedge another poor approach
To be fair, I see your point.. Stricker going out of bounds on the 2nd was a shocker.

Makes it interesting though any 1 of 10 can win
Yip! May sound stupid, but if Dufner can post +3 in the clubhouse.. You never know how far it could go.. Schwartzel is a terrible putter, Mickelson is a bad putter, Mahan doesnt have a great short game... They are all dropping shots, and wait til they get to the 14th under that pressure.

top asian player hideki matsuyama 2pts e/w @ 15/2 1/4 odds 3places with ladbrokes solid player coming off a decent little run on the asian tour. certainly should be shorter than YE Yang and to be honest if he gets ahead of Thongchai Jaidee whom i rate as the main danger as am not particularly keen on the chances of choi or sang moon bae this week could be a reasonable priced winner. certainly looks an each way bet to nothing. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
well thats a winner. lot better than my outright bets :s Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Good Luck MATCH Bet [betfred] Charl Schwartzel over Garcia @ 1.91 Two top tens in last three tournaments and knows how to plot his way around a us open layout. Though Garcia is consistent,not sure mentaly he will be focused after the Woods controversy
Won by 7 shots:ok

Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Rose to win US Open 28/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7 via mobile) With ball striking paramount this week one man who features heavily on my potential winner’s list is Justin Rose. Rose is number 17 in fairways hit on the PGA Tour this season and he is number 7 in Greens in Regulation so if he continues to put the ball into play like he has been then he is entitled to go very well this weekend. Rose was in the top 10 at Memorial a couple of weeks ago which is a similar test to this one and at 28/1 he should be right in the mix come Sunday.
Great Call! Thanks a lot Kev!

Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Rose to win US Open 28/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7 via mobile) With ball striking paramount this week one man who features heavily on my potential winner’s list is Justin Rose. Rose is number 17 in fairways hit on the PGA Tour this season and he is number 7 in Greens in Regulation so if he continues to put the ball into play like he has been then he is entitled to go very well this weekend. Rose was in the top 10 at Memorial a couple of weeks ago which is a similar test to this one and at 28/1 he should be right in the mix come Sunday. 1pt ew R.McIlroy to win US Open 22/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-7) The last time the US Open was rain affected like this was at Congressional two years ago and that week Rory McIlroy won at a canter. McIlroy has been out of form all season but despite that he still ranks fourth in Greens in Regulation so if he can get the ball in play off the tee he should go well this week as his extra length will give him an advantage. His high ball flight means he should be able to control his irons and give himself lots of chances and the former champion looks a more than fair price should he keep the ball in play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-justin-rose-and-rory-mcilroy-set-to-thrive-in-the-conditions-at-merion-20130612
Great call again Kev:clap

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Indeed.......and this wasn't bad either ........further congrats to Kevshat! 2pts J.Day Top Australian Player 13/5 >Paddy Power Jason Day was right in the mix at Augusta before losing it over the final few holes but he should go well again this weekend. It is no surprise the last time the US Open was played on a soft course, Day was second to McIlroy. I say that before Day has a very high ball flight so the >SPIN he should get on these soft greens should be very helpful. As long as he can put the ball in play from the tee I expect Jason Day to be in the mix again this weekend and with that he can be the Top Aussie.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Great shout Kev :ok Made even better with the Day bet, especially as it would have been annoying had he won the whole thing. Rose was terrific, putted well & kept his head. Fully deserved. A month to the British Open.....