** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 13-16 Jun

kevshat

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Tiger is overrated by the bookies as per usual. He's having a good year overall despite a horrible showing at the Memorial, but its been a long while since he won a major. Never any value in his prices. I wouldn't be putting money on Mickelson or Rory either. McDowell might not be a bad play here - he's looking good right now, has the game to do well here. Kuchar is in good shape too. Maybe old dog Cabrera can put it together at a big price. Should be some value about in the high priced players.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun The usual three for me boring & repetitive i know but have to stick with them as i think they can win majors soon! 5PTS E/W RORY McILROY 25/1 SJ 1-6 May not be at his best but he wasn't when he won his major last year. Just can't not have a decent bet on him at a very attractive price as i always say capable of blowing the field apart. 1.5 E/W 1ST RND LEADER 28/1 SJ 1-6 3PTS E/W LEE WESTWOOD 33/1 PP 1-6 Has threatened all year to win a tournament and has threatened many a time to win a major one of these days he will have a hot streak with the putter on the final day! 1.5 E/W RICKIE FOWLER 66/1 BET 365 1-6 Jekyll & Hyde sort of guy could miss the cut could win it, i love watching him when he"s hot i cringe when he's just going through the motions. Thought this was an interesting read http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/22333082/whats-wrong-with-rory-mcilroy I also think to Woods is way too short and wouldn't want to be backing Graeme McDowell at a best price 22's now!

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Ok, a Major! Usual for me, a few doubles and trebles on the side markets; Top Australasian: A.Scott 11/8 Top Englishman : L.Donald 7/2 Top Scandinavian: P Hanson 9/2 Top South African: L.Oosthuizen 4/1 All Ladbrokes prices Scott has been pure class since switching to Steve Williams, hardly ever out of the frame in the big tournaments and now he has won his major he could well go on and win a few more, easily preferred in this market to Jason Day, although a decent player and a good temperament, cant seem to put 4 really good rounds together. Not much between Rose, Westwood and Donald but with the other two at around 2/1 Donald is the value here simple as that. Its Hanson v Stenson for me in the Scandi market, Hanson is the more reliable golfer while Stenson can be brilliant and awful at the same time, you cant be like that here and Hanson is the bigger price. Probably another match up in the SA field with Schwartzel v Oosthuizen although Els has shown some form lately. Just prefer Oosthuizen at the prices. Going to have a small EW bet on Bubba Watson at 90/1 with PP (first 6) and Webb Simpson 60/1 same firm EW. I just think they are both overpriced, we know they have the ability and been there before in this intimidating atmosphere. Good luck all:ok Whats the winning score going to be? About 2 under?

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun

Whats the winning score going to be? About 2 under?
Highly unlikely with the amount of rain that has fallen lately. Plenty of birdie opportunities and potentially makes it more wide open. Dustin Johnson looks a big price at 45s with Bwin as his extra driving distance and wins in the last three weather-shortened events on the PGA Tour could be significant. Snedeker is my other bet at 40s with Coral as he is arguably the best putter on tour on his day and could convert the most birdie chances. Maybe interesting that he has missed his last two cuts too, which is something Simpson did before winning last year.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Bubba 97/1 (Betfair) Kuchar 44/1 (Betfair) Donald 40/1 (Betfair) Rose 29/1 (Betfair) Bubba isn't exactly suited to the course but at those odds its worth a go as he is still top 20 in the world. Kuchar is around 20/1 at places so 44/1 is a steal. Luuuuuuuuuke hasn't turned it on in ages but his short game is still amazing. And Justin Rose has prove through consitency he is in the top 5 in the world right now. Woods at 7/1 is better than you will normally get because of his blow up but its still a bit on the small side.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Dustin Jonhson 50 (Betfair) He's been close a few times and whilst Merion is hard to profile I just think a player like Johnson is just too long in the betting. Rough will always be a factor but his athleticism might let him get away with what others can't in the long stuff. John Huh 250 Betfair Hitting fairways is still important and this Huh's strength. On a course where length will be less important than most US Open's I like Huh's profile for Merion Robert Garrigus 250 Betfair Was in red hot form last year and started the year brightly before fading a bit. The last time rain was a factor and the winning score was low Garrigus was 3rd and whilst length isn't as big a factor it'll still help on some holes and Garrigus has that in spades.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Dustin Johnson will break yer hearts, the man is an alp! Just my tuppence. Does not have the consistency to win it IMO. Can follow an eagle and 3 birdies, with 5 bogeys on the trot. That's the sort of nutter he is. If he plays to his potential though, of course he has a chance. I quite like Martin Kaymer to figure this weekend at around 80/1. Just making up my mind before I place the lottery bet.. McDowell must have a cracking chance too, but is very short in price.

top asian player hideki matsuyama 2pts e/w @ 15/2 1/4 odds 3places with ladbrokes solid player coming off a decent little run on the asian tour. certainly should be shorter than YE Yang and to be honest if he gets ahead of Thongchai Jaidee whom i rate as the main danger as am not particularly keen on the chances of choi or sang moon bae this week could be a reasonable priced winner. certainly looks an each way bet to nothing. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Luke Donald to miss cut 11/4 skybet has not had a good season and might struggle here Francesco Molinari to be first round leader 80/1 skybet he is playing well and has played here before so he knows this course well Bill Haas to three ball 11/10 skybet the last few seasons he is playing great and i fancy him against casey and glover Boo Weekley to win three ball 2/1 skybet the last few weeks he has been in good form where as dufner and poulter have not Robert Garrigus to win three ball 5/2 skybet has a great us open record and loves playing on these courses especially when there is wet conditions

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Tournament preview: 2pts ew J.Rose to win US Open 28/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7 via mobile) With ball striking paramount this week one man who features heavily on my potential winner’s list is Justin Rose. Rose is number 17 in fairways hit on the PGA Tour this season and he is number 7 in Greens in Regulation so if he continues to put the ball into play like he has been then he is entitled to go very well this weekend. Rose was in the top 10 at Memorial a couple of weeks ago which is a similar test to this one and at 28/1 he should be right in the mix come Sunday. 1pt ew R.McIlroy to win US Open 22/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-7) The last time the US Open was rain affected like this was at Congressional two years ago and that week Rory McIlroy won at a canter. McIlroy has been out of form all season but despite that he still ranks fourth in Greens in Regulation so if he can get the ball in play off the tee he should go well this week as his extra length will give him an advantage. His high ball flight means he should be able to control his irons and give himself lots of chances and the former champion looks a more than fair price should he keep the ball in play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-justin-rose-and-rory-mcilroy-set-to-thrive-in-the-conditions-at-merion-20130612

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Gotta admit I think these are a lottery at the best of times but I got a few that interest me. All minor stake 1 pointers and hope for a strike. Got to admit though, the Tiger lay looks beaut. 1pt J.Day to win 51.00 Coral 1pt A.Scott to win 26.00 Paddy 1pt P.Mickelson to win 23.00 Paddy Basically Day I followed in the Masters and I think he got alot of experience from that after being in such a great position. This also is what edges me for the Scott bet. His putting that day was ridiculous and if he can get back into that kind of form I think he has chance of coming good. Mickleson has all the experience for me and when it goes t*ts up he is also a great recovery player.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun found it hard to come up with too much reasoning but i tend to think these guys can win a major at some point Dustin Johnson 40/1 Bet365 - long hitter will make this course even shorter Brandt Snedeker 33/1 Bet365 - convinced his game is worthy of a major Rory Mcilroy 22/1 Bet365 - rorys stats remain decent even though out of form Ian Poulter 80/1 Bet365 - just overpriced at 80's if he gets his game going over 4 days Good luck all, should be fascinating to watch

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun A few outsiders: 1pt ew B.Haas to win US Open 80/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-7 via mobiles) Bill Haas is a big price this week. He hits more fairways than he misses and is in the top 15 in hitting Greens in Regulation. Nobody on the PGA Tour has a better scoring record on the par four’s than Haas and with some short par fours on this course that could be a telling statistic. Haas has four top 10’s on Tour this year including a fourth placed finish at Jack’s tournament at Muirfield a couple of weeks ago. That’s often a decent preparation for this week so I expect Haas to go well in Pennsylvania this weekend. 0.5pts ew B.Weekley to win US Open 100/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-7) Boo Weekley will have plenty of the crowd support with him this week and he is a likeable person who the crowd takes to but he’s a good golfer in his own right and he’s showing that again. He has already won at Colonial a few weeks ago and his statistics on tour this season are good as he is in the top 20 in fairways hit and Greens in Regulation. That means he is giving himself plenty of chances and if that continues this week Boo could thrill the crowds at a three figure price. 0.5pts ew K.Stanley to win US Open 110/1 Stan James (1/4 1-7 via mobile) One man who I had outlined for this tournament before the rain arrived is Kyle Stanley. Stanley went very well at Muirfield a couple of weeks ago and he was unlucky not to claim the tournament but that would have been good preparation for this week and he definitely has a big event in him. At a big price he could go well if he takes on conditions like he took to Muirfield in the Memorial a fortnight ago. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-three-americans-could-go-well-at-merion-at-big-prices-20130612

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Top Swedish player preview: 3pts H.Stenson Top Swedish Player 5/2 Skybet Not only is Henrik Stenson a strong contender to be the Top Swedish player but he could also be a major player outright too. If ball striking is as key as everyone seems to think it will be then Stenson should go very well. Nobody has hit more fairways on the PGA Tour than Stenson this season percentage wise and nobody in this tournament has hit more greens on time either. If Stenson’s putter gets hot he’s a major player this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-henrik-stenson-can-strike-his-way-to-being-the-top-swede-in-second-major-of-2013-20130613

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Top Australian preview: 2pts J.Day Top Australian Player 13/5 Paddy Power Jason Day was right in the mix at Augusta before losing it over the final few holes but he should go well again this weekend. It is no surprise the last time the US Open was played on a soft course, Day was second to McIlroy. I say that before Day has a very high ball flight so the spin he should get on these soft greens should be very helpful. As long as he can put the ball in play from the tee I expect Jason Day to be in the mix again this weekend and with that he can be the Top Aussie. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-jason-day-can-replicate-his-run-of-two-years-ago-in-us-open-20130613

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Top South Africa preview: 1pt ew T.Clark Top South African Player 11/2 William Hill (1/5 1-3) Tim Clark is a very solid player and should contend in this US Open. Normally US Open courses will be way too long for him but that won’t be the case this year and hitting longer clubs into the par 3s won’t worry him as he will be used to doing that. He is straight off the tee and into the greens and that should give him enough chances to be one of the leading South Africans this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-merion-should-be-short-enough-for-tim-clark-to-go-well-20130613

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Rickie Fowler, 66/1 Boylesports, 0.5pt e/w He has experience of this course in tournament play when he was on the US team in the Walker Cup in 2009. He won all four of the matches he was involved in as the Americans won that tournament for the third consecutive time. He has been playing quite well this year, making the cut in 11 of 13 events played and finishing in the top 10 three times, including a third place finish in the Arnold Palmer Invitational. His GIR stats this season are solid and he should do well this weekend. Hunter Mahan, 70/1 Paddy Power, 0.5pt e/w I think his game will suit this course. He is accurate off the tee and is a decent putter. His GIR stats are also pretty solid this season. He has played well this year making 13 cuts at 15 tournaments this year and I think he has a good chance. Francesco Molinari, 110/1 Paddy Power, 0.5pt e/w Francesco Molinari has played very well in his three tournaments since missing the cut at the Players Championship in May. He got to the quarter finals of the Volvo World Match Play Championship, finished ninth in the BMW Championships and was a ten under par twenty first at the Nordea Masters. His brother won the US Amatuer Open on this course in 2005 and hopefully he has been picking his brain and getting lots of tips about how to win on this course. He is accurate off the tee and his GIR stats are pretty good this season. If he can get his putting going, he could have a big part to play come Sunday evening. Morgan Hoffman, 300/1 Boylesports, 0.5pt e/w Morgan Hoffman played alongside Rickie Fowler in the US Walker Cup team in 2009 on this course. He won two of the three matches he was involved in, halving the other. He has played quite well recently, putting in a career best performance to finish fifth in the HP Byron Nelson Championship in May. He finished twenty ninth in this event last year in his only appearance in a major since turning professional (he missed the cut in 2010 as an amatuer). His putting and GIR stats this season are pretty encouraging and, with some decent course form, he could outplay his odds.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Good Luck MATCH Bet [betfred] Charl Schwartzel over Garcia @ 1.91 Two top tens in last three tournaments and knows how to plot his way around a us open layout. Though Garcia is consistent,not sure mentaly he will be focused after the Woods controversy

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun Hi All, Really looking forward to the open. I lived a drive and a 3 wood away from Merion for 4 years, and must have played the West Course 30 times. Just a few quick notes. The Europeans can be damn lucky it's not hot and sticky. And I mean really hot (34C and 90% humidity). That's weather that can give you heat stroke (and I'm from SA where it gets reasonably hot) I was there 2 weeks ago, and the rough looked very tough. Miss the fairway and you will be needing up-and-down for par. Factors against a tiger win... The rain will slow the fairways down, bringing the whole field into play. All these guys can hit 8,9, and wedges close. Those are the MONEY clubs !!! There are only 2 par fives, so it's not a bombers course. Forget Sergio. Those Philly fans (are the toughest sports fans in the world), and Sergio's going to hear it all day. Winners will come from straight hitters Looking at the USPGA stats there are some unexpected names at the top of driving accuracy. Henrik Stenson Tim Clark Jim Furyk I'm not crazy about Lee Westwood (as his putting will let him down) Mcillroy is still not in synch. He can spray it all over the place. Two technically best swings in golf may just contend as well. Adam Scott and Charl Schwartzel. My dark horse is Stenson. He has been out of it so long, but was a former world #1. Good luck All. Neil.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun If you are looking for a 1st round leader then you need to select from early starters. The weather will be crap in the afternoon, morning should be excellent. I would also favour those starting on 1 over those going off 10th tee, as the front 9 is easier, and lets you find your groove before the difficult 14-18 hole stretch.

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun tournament effectively in chaos after yesterday, 2 breaks and only half the field completed. Anything can happen now as some players have to play up to 30 holes today if they can so will be starting really early. The course looks like it can eat you up with 1 wayward tee shot and the rough is fierce It will be a mental victory i feel for the winner. Good to see a brit heading it up at -4 although still got the last 5 to play. Plenty of birdies on the scorecards but loads of bogeys also, Poulter only had 1 par in the first 7 holes i think yesterday!

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun still intrigues me how badly some of these golfers are playing, some real poor tee shots by leading players and still so short of the pins also - perhaps the other courses they play are just so set up that they get exposed on one like merrion

Re: US Open 13-16 Jun

Bowles the fairways are very skinny ' date=' us opens are always set up hard which is how most golf fans like me want it. I think a lot of the top players are playing this course brilliantly.[/quote'] sergio had a 10 on a par 4, 3 balls OB!! Poulter twice OB this round Mcilroy OB quite a few missing fairways. Yes some are playing the course well and hanging in there, others are not. Just cant get my head around players going OB when they have a fairway in front of them to hit.