** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Are these Strange odds ?

Basically I have an interest in league betting ( to win league outright) in the European leagues and find it easier to pick winners, I'm more of a long term bettor. In the Irish second division longford town are 9 points clear of the rest and yet are 1/2 to win the league. I know it's odds on and everything but I think this is a great bet and like buying money. I think i might Just walk into paddy power Tommorow and do the bet for a £500 stake lol, would you guys back this, or leave it alone?

Re: Are these Strange odds ? I'm no expert in the Irish second division, but all outright odds are usually produced by factoring in the remaining fixtures and taking the aggregate odds of all the combinations of them finishing the league in first position, or any of the other teams managing to produce something special to take first spot. I'd go have a look at the remaining fixtures.

Re: Are these Strange odds ?

I'm no expert in the Irish second division, but all outright odds are usually produced by factoring in the remaining fixtures and taking the aggregate odds of all the combinations of them finishing the league in first position, or any of the other teams managing to produce something special to take first spot. I'd go have a look at the remaining fixtures.
Will do that, thanks

• 1 month later...

Re: Are these Strange odds ? Are the odds big enough to back Athlone as well? Looks to be a two horse race already Just had a look at the B365 odds Longford 1.5 and Athlone 4.0 - backing both will create an nice arb with a 9% yield - TBH can't see any other team getting close :) So for your £500 stake - £364 on Longford with your saver of £136 on Athlone gives a profit of over £45 whichever win the title Obviously if you lump all £500 on at 1.5 and Athlone win their home game then that 1.5 looks pretty skinny :D