** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ICC Champions Trophy 2013

kevshat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 5pts India (top openers) v Sri Lanka 1.80 bwin This seems a good price to me. I think India's top 2 are far far more destructive then Sri Lanka. Game 1 Sri Lanka (20 combined) Game 2 (50 combined) and finally (38 combined) .. Perera's three scores so far? 0, 6 & 4. India's Dhawan alone has hit 114, 102 & 48 so I'm alittle myted by the price.

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Thursday preview: 1pt R.Jadeja Man of the Match 14/1 Ladbrokes It is open to debate whether we’ll get any sort of game in here so rather than take a main bet it could just be worth having a tiny punt at something which is a big price. One such bet is Ravindra Jadeja to be the man of the match. Jadeja is India’s leading wicket taker in the tournament and if this is a shortened match his lower order batting might come in handy. You’d think if India win he’ll bag a couple of wickets and maybe some crucial runs so he looks big at 14/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-ravindra-jadeja-can-light-up-any-play-we-see-in-cardiff-20130620

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Possible 10-point bet on SL @2.55 betfair tommorrow's weather is abysmal if reports r to be believed. If this game is shortened, SL are right in it. And it seems to me that they r a tad hungrier as Mathews said in the press conference that they r tired of losing to india and need to perhaps revenge the world cup defeat as well. Besides, if the match is abandaned than India will go through. Hence, SL will be trying their best to make a game of whatever overs they get to play and they will be fully focussed towards winning while India may get caught out in the middle part of the day - believing the rain to be their friend they might get complacent during the overs they do get to play. Even if it was a 50 over match, I would not make India more than a 1.80 shot. India beat SL in warm-up game and chased down 330. But that doesnt tell us the whole story. SL batted first and Sanga and Jayawardene I believe both retired after scoring 80s and to give other batsman a chance. They were quite complacent and still managed to thrash indian bowlers for 330. When India batted, Indian players actually made a few centuries and didnt retire. They wanted to win the match. And Karthik got the 100 as well and a place in the first team. He wanted to impress where as the lankans were just having fun. The take home point is this - SL can easily score 300+ against Indian bowling line-up. And Indians wont find chasing down such a total as easy since the runs their death bowling leaked, Malinga may not leak those runs. Not at least without taking a few scalps as well. All in all, considering that this is a semi-final, I make SL a 2.00-2.10 shot in this match if it is shortened, and a 2.20 shot at most (likely less), if the rain stays away. So I think the 2.55 that is available at betfair is tremendous value. However, I wont be making my bet until I know how the pitch will play and I think the toss will be crucial once again given the weather forecast. So I will be checking the twitter channels at 9AM and pitch reports and hopefully slightly accurate weather forecast as we get close to off before making my bet on the outright. (will post here ofcourse). @KEV - Pitch conditions - they will be using a new pitch and I will appreciate if you can shed a light on its condition if you have any experience of watching YB40, county cricket matches at cardiff (on or off Telly).

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 They are generally slow wickets in Cardiff. The international wicket (this one) often has more runs in it but it won't be a quick pitch. Was a bit of a heatwave in Cardiff on Wednesday so I would imagine the wicket will be a bit drier than normal so in the second innings I would imagine it will turn a fair bit. All the forecasts I've seen suggest we'll be lucky to even fit a 20 over game in, especially as Cardiff doesn't drain as well as some grounds. Hope I'm wrong but I fear a washout here.

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 yeah , rain all day long. Hence, even though I can make a case for SL, weather and the numbers of overs played and who will bowl how many, if any at all, who will win the toss, etc, all just scream to me that in-play is the way to go. Or at least tomorrow morning when hopefully we will have more info from pre-match shows about pitch and the skies above. GL on jadeja. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/cardiff#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1371682800

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Cheers. For what its worth I agree completely with the Sri Lankan thoughts. Think any kind of shortened match suits them. I just hope the weather relents as it would be a shame (and a little bit ridiculous) if Sri Lanka go out with a washout, especially as it was an awful umpiring decision which denied them topping their group.

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Just to add, i think toss is crucial tommorrow. Both team will want to field first cos of the D/L. But if India wins the toss and bowls, I believe it will give them a huge advantage as they love chasing against SL and even malinga wont be able to stop them as they see nuff of him in IPL. See how the value changes places from SL to India very quickly depending on the curcumstances? Hence, will advise to wait till after the toss and bet accordingly. kev, do you agree that India winning the toss will effectively kill SL's chances. I think it will upto a point - it will if the match was longer than 40 overs per side. If the match is shortened to 20 overs, then it will just be a coinfil and so value lies with sl then. Really tricky to make heads and tails of this game. Will wait till morning i guess. Plus if this match went to the wire, it will give sl an advantage since they have been involved in tight situations in all three of their matches and have survived. Whereas India might "choke" as so far they havent had to deal with such a scenario as they have been winning their matches easily. And given the importance of the match, its very likely to go to the wire. (and also if it rains)

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Yeah I think the toss is key. Even if it doesn't rain in the second innings the conditions are likely to be better then. There will be plenty of moisture around to start with and the quicks should get loads of movement early on and then the pitch and outfield will dry out as the day goes on. One more for me in case there is a game. 1pt N.Kulasekara Top Sri Lanka Batsman 50/1 Ladbrokes I played this earlier in the tournament and he came second but you would think with the hitting power he showed in that match he could well come up the order in this match, especially if it is a shortened match so I like his chances. We saw Sri Lanka bombed out in a test match here which was rain affected and while the India attack is unlikely to do what that England attack did in terms of movement and pace, it's pretty clear Sri Lanka don't like the wet and damp conditions. With that in mind someone who gives it a bash like Kulasekara could come off. We know he can hit a long ball and if he gets a bit of licence up the order than 50/1 will be a good value bet but he can also top score from down the order if the top order collapse which isn't out of the question either.

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Shane warne tweeted 20mins ago - "Just arriving at the ground, it's absolutely pouring with rain and is meant to rain all day now too.... Such a shame for everyone...." Manjarekar "Am at the ground in Cardiff for Ind/ SL game. Watching tropical kind of rain for the first time in England :("

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 since a super over is likely, my main bet is going to be on SL since odds are great for a cointoss. However, I thought the official result will make bets stand at betfair. But after reading the rules, I am not sure.

7.1General If a ball is not bowled during a competition, series or match then all bets will be void except for those on any market that has been unconditionally determined (e.g. in the 'Completed Match' market). If a match is shortened by weather, all bets will be settled according to the official result (including for limited overs matches, the result determined by the Duckworth Lewis method). In the event of a match being decided by a bowl-off or toss of the coin, all bets will be void except for those on markets that have been unconditionally determined. 7.3Limited Over matches If a match is declared "No Result'', bets will be void on all markets for the event except for those markets which have been unconditionally determined or where the minimum number of overs have been bowled as laid out in the market specific information. Where the Duckworth Lewis method is used all bets matched on 'Highest 10 over Total' and 'Opening Partnership' will be void, unless the market has been unconditionally determined before the Duckworth Lewis rule was implemented. All other markets will be settled according to the result determined under the Duckworth Lewis method. In the event of a new toss taking place on a scheduled reserve day for a limited overs match all bets that were placed after 45 minutes before the original scheduled start of play on the first day will be made void. This rule relates to all markets except those that have been unconditionally determined (e.g. in the win the toss and toss combination markets).
any idea, how betfair or bookmakers will settle bets if match is decided by super over? seems like since it is a bowl-off, betfair will void?

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 forecast has improved and groundsmen have done a tremendous job. Looking forward to a 50 over match. (though SL bet is still on hold since it seems like it may not a be a 20-20 or super-over match after all.)

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 hi Fedar. Toss is set for 10.40am, and play at 11.00am. No reduction in overs yet BOOM! that was a big toss for india to win. If anything, they are RIGHTLY favs now after the toss. No bet for me though at 1.48 (betfair)

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Final preview: 4pts England to beat India 6/5 Ladbrokes Obviously we need the rain to stay away but if it does then I think England have every chance in this match. I would expect England to get stuck into this Indian batting line up and we’ll see what their middle order is made of then. England’s batting looks in good order and in these conditions I don’t expect their bowlers to keep bowling short. India lost 3-0 when the two sides did battle in an ODI series in this country two years ago and India only won 3-2 in the reverse series in the winter. In these conditions I just favour England should we get a game in. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-betting-england-can-finally-land-elusive-50-over-global-title-at-edgbaston-20130622

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013 @Kevshat I understand the fact weather will play a big role.. but if you look at the previous matches where weather would have been a cause of concern .. the teams that were fav to win the results did end up being as expected. India are a team in form and are unbeaten in the series while England have lost one. If India gets rid of Trott early on then none of the other batsmen have been very convincing. Also given the fact England, apart from winning the ICC 2010 T20 have not won an ICC tournament. All in all its hard to go against the team that is in FORM. My bet is on INDIA to win 5 Pts @ 1.735 (Pinnacle) GL :ok

Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2013

I don't like seeing anyone on here posting comments on their own team or country as it's just too difficult to comment without bias and I think that's the case again here. England (and everybody else for that matter) just aren't in the same league as India and the 7/10 on India are very generous odds indeed. All the other teams in the competition are fairly evenly matched with small margins, (the toss, the weather etc) deciding the games but India are blowing teams away because they're simply too good. The recent IPL has probably helped them be really strong at the moment, their bowling isn't necessarily any stronger than anyone else's - although what they did to Sri Lanka was mighty impressive - however they have 7 absolute quality batsmen, whereas most teams are over-reliant on one or two. England's top 6 or 7 could have an amazing day and happen to compete with India but odds of 7/10 on India will pay far more in the long run than 6/5 on England does. Jimmy Anderson is the one man who could make me eat my words big time, but I think the Indian batsmen will be skillful enough and mature enough to prevent that happening.
I don't do bias. It's a game of cricket not life or death and if you look back through this thread I've taken on England on a couple of occasions. India have been great. So have England. But that's gone. On a sunny day where 50 overs are guaranteed for each side then perhaps 7/10 India would pay more. Recent history between the two suggests it won't but that view isn't completely flawed. What is flawed is this isn't a sunny day with 50 overs guaranteed for both teams. This is a wet day where the team batting second were going to have a massive massive advantage. The match isn't far short of win the toss, win the match so you're taking 7/10 on an evens shot against 6/5 on an evens shot. To add to the value on the 6/5 shot England can win if they were on the wrong end of the toss because their bowling attack is much better. India can be 50/5 in these conditions batting first I don't believe England could have been. The value was always on England for this match and now they've won the toss that value has multiplied by plenty.