** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions Trophy - Warm up matches

kevshat

Most of the nations play warm up matches before the Champions Trophy next week. Many of the matches are live on Sky so should have decent betting options on them. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%]Thu May 30 12:00 GMT | 13:00 local 13:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Pakistan v Sri Lanka Edgbaston, Birmingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 11.png 9 - 17° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jun 1 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] India v Sri Lanka Edgbaston, Birmingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 39.png 8 - 13° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jun 1 12:00 GMT | 13:00 local 13:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Australia v West Indies Sophia Gardens, Cardiff [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 8 - 13° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Jun 3 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Pakistan v South Africa Kennington Oval, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jun 4 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Australia v India Sophia Gardens, Cardiff [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jun 4 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Sri Lanka v West Indies Edgbaston, Birmingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches Thursday TV game preview: 3pts Pakistan to beat Sri Lanka 10/11 William Hill It is often hard to bet on warm up matches because preparation for the main event is the priority but whichever combination Pakistan use I think they have the better balance and quality with the bat and the ball in these conditions. The fact they have already played three matches on this tour and no doubt copious practice sessions should also put them in a good position so I think Pakistan have the advantage here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pakistan-vs-sri-lanka-betting-pakistan-should-be-more-match-sharp-after-series-with-ireland-20130529

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches Saturday TV game preview: 3pts Sri Lanka Highest 1st 15 overs 11/10 Stan James India would probably be expected to win this match but I’m no fan of taking 8/11 shots in a warm up match. One bet which does catch my eye is Sri Lanka to win the first 15 overs. Dilshan and Perera are both batsmen who like to get on the front foot and get on with it and at some point in the 15 overs Sri Lanka will bowl the banker that is Malinga. India might take a few overs to settle in alien conditions and they don’t really have a run stopper with the ball so I like Sri Lanka to lead at 15 overs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-betting-sri-lanka-can-get-off-to-a-good-start-in-champions-trophy-warm-up-20130531

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches 3pts - Buvneshwar Kumar Performance Pts 25 & over - 5/6 Bet365 Don't usually participate in warm up games but I think both teams will be taking this fairly seriously given that conditions will be different to what they're used to. With that in mind I like B Kumar in this game and the whole tournament in fact. He is a classical swing bowler who will bowl 6-7 overs up front with the new ball. Even on a sunny day like today I fancy him to get the ball to swing and in the process take out a couple of Sri Lankan scalps.

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches One from me as well... 5 pts India Most 6s @ 1.83 Wills As this is a freindly both teams can choose anyone from 15 players to bat so we wont know the true line up however looking at the entire Sri Lanka line up aside from Dilshan (who hasnt really played much) there isnt a genuine 6 hitter in the squad. You could argue that Matthews is one however I saw no evidence of that in the IPL when he captained Pune Warriors. The likes of Jayawardena, Sangakkara, Chandimal etc are more used to nudging the ball in gaps and playing on the ground. However looking at the India batsman and its a completely different story. The likes of Dhawan, Vijay, Kohli, Kartik, Sharma & the captain MSD all have it in theyre locker to go ariel and clear the boundary with ease. In my opinion I think that the India openers will play quite slowly in the first 15/20 overs as they get used to the conditions here and then the middle order batsman will try to make up for it in the latter stages of the innings and target possibly the spinners and the lesser bowlers in the Sri Lankan line up.

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches Monday TV preview: 3pts Pakistan Most 6's 6/5 William Hill This is a warm up game and all 15 players can be used again so I’m in no rush to back South Africa at such a short price but I will take a small bet on Pakistan hitting the most sixes. Their batsmen are all in decent enough nick and they can all clear the ropes. South Africa’s main guns might just want a net here apart from Duminy who got plenty of batting time on Friday so they might keep the big shots in their locker. Pakistan regularly hit the most sixes against South Africa earlier in the year and they can do so again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-betting-pakistan-can-keep-up-their-run-of-hitting-the-most-sixes-against-south-africa-20130602

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches So Pakistan have won the toss and will field. Misbah at the toss said that there is some green on the wicket. Cricinfo has said that there is a solid breeze going across the ground and De Villiers has said that everyone will get a go today. Considering the above and the fact that Pakistan's main players need a decent knock after their match v Ireland was rained off can anyone explain why Pakistan are drifting? Backing Pakistan at 6/4 generally available

Re: Champions Trophy - Warm up matches Good call CB :ok. Tuesday TV preview: 3pts Australia Highest 1st 15 overs vs India 10/11 BetVictor The latter stages of this match I would expect both sides to make sure as many players get time in their disciplines as possible but for the first half of each innings I would expect it be fairly competitive and with that I think Australia have an excellent chance of leading after 15 overs. Whichever combination they open the batting with they will score quickly while the likes of Starc, McKay, Faulkner have pace to burn which isn’t always the Indian batsmen’s cup of tea. Who wins the match I’ve no idea but I’d expect the aggressive Australia to be leading after 15 overs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/australia-vs-india-betting-australia-can-get-out-of-the-blocks-quickly-in-cardiff-20130603