** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2013

Re: French Open 2013

Apart from Lu being absolutely terrible on clay.
If you're reading stats only. He showed in Nice he is capable of something on clay. Still not impressive but he has a serve that works and clay is also faster at Roland Garros.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2013 3pts L.Robson to beat C.Wozniacki 2.25 bet365 1pt L.Robson to win 2-1 5.00 Bet365 Robson has had a good year since she changed coaches and Wozniacki is on the way down in her career. This will be a similar game to Venus I feel. One one their way up and one down and I feel it will come down to 3 sets. 2-1 Robson for me

Re: French Open 2013 2pts P.H.Mathieu to beat J.Nieminen 2.50 Bet365 Nice bit of value here I think. Mathieu was brilliant in Nice beating the likes of Berlocq and Anderson and I think he can be close in this one. Nieminien the favourite and for a reason really as he is the better player, but the crowd can see Mathieu through here. He has been excellent on clay of late.

Re: French Open 2013 2pts E.Makarova to beat Kuznetsova 2.50 Bet365 Makarova the better ranked player and prefers the court. Kuznetsova never been all that on Clay where as Makarova I think more suited to it with her shot placement and pace. Recently Makarova gone the further in competition too. Good value here. 3pts Over 21.5 games F.Pennetta vs K.Flipkens 2.00 Bet365 Actually fancy Flipkens in this but for the difference in odds I think this seems a better and safer choice. Flipkens had a good tournament in Brussels and can take that forward on the same kind of surface. Pennetta also a decent clay court player but may be tired and has recently been injured.

Re: French Open 2013 Lu now down to 1.60 or so. Back Thiemo de Bakker to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 1/10 stake at 10.25 with Pinnacle Back Thiemo de Bakker (+2.5 sets) to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 3/10 stake at 2.53 with Pinnacle Wawrinka is apparently still suffering from an injury that he has managed to acquire during his match against Berlocq in Rome and that is always a worrying sign when it comes to these long matches on clay. Thiemo de Bakker is no world-beater, but he is competent enough to trouble Wawrinka on his own serve and I fancy him to get something from the match. With a little bit of luck, this could even turn out to be the biggest surprise of the first round in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-bakker-vs-wawrinka-betting-thiemo-de-bakker-might-be-in-with-a-chance-against-stanislas-wawrinka-20130527 Back Denis Istomin to beat Florian Mayer for a 3/10 stake at 2.73 with Pinnacle Florian Mayer could not play in Rome and Dusseldorf due to health problems, so there are plenty of question marks surrounding him at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing Istomin out-hitting him even without those health problems in play, so this price looks worth taking. The Uzbek can certainly play well on a good day and the faster conditions should allow him to take some time from the German, so there you go. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/istomin-vs-mayer-betting-plenty-of-question-marks-surround-florian-mayer-in-paris-this-year-20130527 Back Maxime Teixeira to beat Lukasz Kubot for a 3/10 stake at 3.39 with Pinnacle Maxime Teixeira might turn out to be the qualifier that will go well this year, with "well" meaning the second round. He knows the conditions well from the three qualifying matches he has managed to win and is a fairly talented guy, while Kubot hasn't been playing that well in recent times, winning only against players you would expect him to beat without any difficulties. Over the longer format of the game, Teixeira might be the one who will want the victory a bit more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/teixeira-vs-kubot-betting-the-local-hero-should-be-able-to-go-well-against-lukasz-kubot-today-20130527

Re: French Open 2013 1.> Bet of the day is Pablo Andujar to beat Mikhail Youzhny. While the Russian can edge this one, i think the value and form lies squarely with Andujar. 5/6 @ the WilliamHill and elsewhere 2.> Grigor Dimitrov is playing well and has seemed to conserve his energies for the big stage. He did well at MC and Madrid but didn't show up in a similar form in the other two - Rome and Barcelona. For my money, he hasn't exerted himself too much and can reach round 3. Falla's wheels have fallen off in recent times and only last week he had pulled out of Nice with a Calf injury(left). Prior to that he has lost to Souza Seppi and Kavcic. For me under 31.5 games looks very good at 21/20 @ Betfair 3.> Pliskova vs Duque Marino. Krystina just doesn't seem to be playing well on clay while her opponent has been clinical through the qualifiers. Pliskova got bagelled by the completely-out-of-sorts Shahar Peer in Brussels Qualifiers. Losing to wildcards and Muesberger (other results) are hardly inspiring. I think Duque Marino should cover the -3.5 games handicap @ 4/5. Betfair. This is under the assumption that the Czech would do nothing out her skin - which happens like every other day in WTA. Going with it purely on the gulf in form and results. 4.> Jelena Jankovic vs Daniela Hantuchova Under 20.5 games. I think Jelena is far more solid and a better player than Daniela on clay. Beating Na and taking a set off Serena says a lot about Jankovic's game. Daniela can win this one or she can even take a set but I think Jelena will be wary of the wily Slovakian and take control of the match. On the other hand, if Hantuchova runs away with the first set and closes out the match early, this is likely to come in. Personally it is my opinion that Jankovic will win here with enough to spare. She is much better than Daniela in every aspect of the game, at least on clay. 6-3 6-3 should do it me thinks. Two 6-4s are just as lovely 5/6 @ betfair 5.> Klara Zakopalova vs Kaia Kanepi under 20.5 games. Kanepi s form is apparent and well documented. Klara, though ranked well, is going through a lean patch and had recently withdrawn from a match against Maria Kirilenko owing to injury (Madrid). The Czech lost in the first round in ITF Prague (to Irina Falcony) and has played may 7-5 7-6 sets against players ranked well outside 100 (Camerin). Definitely Klara can play at a level befitting her rank but she has largely been underwhelming of late. I think Klara will struggle against solid players and make many errors. Kanepi should win easily me thinks. 8/11 @ betfair 6.> Nina Bratchikova vs Kirilenko. Under 18.5 games. Nina has lost 8 of the last 10 and has been abyssmal recently. She hasn't managed a set against a half-decent player on clay this year. Maria Kirilenko is clearly the better player and she can wrap this one not conceding more than 6 games. Theoretically she shouldn't break a sweat. But this is WTA and anything can happen. Reasonable pick me thinks 4/6 @ betfair. I am assuming here Kirilenko is fit here.

Re: French Open 2013 Back Klizan to bt Nadal @61.0 Pinnacle (0.5/10) OK, it's a waste of money you will say, and most probably you will be true. However - you never beat bookies by betting the obvious. And I've got the impression that Nadal may be ripe for the BIG surprise of this year FO. He lost a set against dumb hitter Brands, and had to go through tie-break lottery in the second. He was lucky, and Brand lost the steam in the end. Klizan is much brighter player than Brands. He's got serve of the comparable quality, but he is better in baseline rallies. Not that anyone could compete with Nadal in baseline rallies - when he is in-form. Somehow I feel he is not, and I am ready to test it at the cost of half unit.

Re: French Open 2013 Finished all of my uni work now so I can properly have a look at the card. Looks like a tricky tournament to call so far but hopefully that evens itself out starting from today. Taking a few. Grigor Dimitrov (-7.5 games) to beat Alejandro Falla- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) A year or so ago I wouldn't have gone near a handicap as big as this on the Bulgarian, but this year he looks to have really matured and stepped up his game. His recent form as we all know is good as well, beating Djokovic and went close to beating Nadal as well which not many people do in the space of a few weeks. Falla on the other hand has been struggling of late. This season he really hasn't found any notable form, and has won just the one game in the clay court season, losing comfortably to the likes of Kavcic, Seppi and Souza, whilst he retired over in Nice so there's no guarantees over his fitness either. A lot of eyes will be on Dimitrov given his recent form and his junior status but I don't think that will phase him too much. He is in a much better place with his tennis than Falla, and I think even if there's a tight set somewhere in this one, Dimitrov should cover the handicap with a bit to spare. Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Dmitry Tursunov- Tie Break in Match- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) I usually only go near the tie break markets on quicker surfaces but I like the price here given when these two played eachother a few weeks ago, there was a tie break in both sets. Tursunov retired in his last match in Rome but I would guess that was done to ensure he'd be fit for Paris to be honest whilst Dolgopolov was easily beaten by Djokovic in the same event. The thing with both of these guys is that they are massively erratic and inconsistent. Both tend to play out some 5 set marathons fairly frequently when it comes to the slams and what not and given I expect some this one to have some legs, I think there's a decent enough chance we'll see a tie break arising in this one. Stanislas Wawrinka vs Thiemo De Bakker- Over 30.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Reverting back to perhaps my favourite bet in the slams so I'm hoping it doesn't let me down. That being the overs in the Wawrinka matches. This year he's really been playing well and impressing me but he's still too mentally fragile for my liking and in the clay season so far he's dropped sets to some pretty average players. Thiemo De Bakker is certainly no world beater but he's got a decent serve and had plenty of match time on the challenger circuit on clay in recent weeks so he should be okay with the conditions. As I've said though, Wawrinka's mind just seems to go awol at times in the slams. 12 months ago in Paris, he played 4 successive matches which went the distance which sort of proves my point really and with some fitness concerns surrounding him as well, I fancy De Bakker to hold his own and cover the overs. And a couple on the women's side of things as well... Arvane Rezai (+6.5 games) to beat Petra Kvitova- 3/4 BetVictor- (4/10) I was actually close to pulling the trigger on Rezai here altogether considering the odds but I have stuck to the handicap in the end. There's been absolutely nothing to suggest recently that Kvitova is in the form which makes her as big as a favourite status as she's been given in this one. Her form on the clay has been poor and highly erratic, as seen in Rome a couple of weeks ago where she was bagelled by Lisicki in the second set. The last 5 matches she's won have all been in 3 sets which shows how she's been really struggling to win matches in a comfortable fashion and she's dropped sets to girls she really shouldn't be struggling to beat. Rezai doesn't have much form to her name as she's missed a fair bit of the season due to injury but in home conditions and with the crowd behind her, she should up her game in this one with the crowd helping her. The bet is more against Kvitova than anything else however. Her form is poor and even if she wins this 6-3 6-3 which I frankly see as unlikely, the handicap should still pull Rezai through on home soil. Jamie Hampton vs Lucie Safarova- Over 21.5 games- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Line looks a game or so too low for me here. Both girls come into this one with some form to their name, as Hampton reached the semis in Brussels, whilst Safarova won a challenger event over in Prague so both will be confident. As regulars to the tennis threads will know though, Safarova is traditionally known for her 3 sets and a prime candidate for the overs markets. She's already shown what she is capable of on the clay, taking Vinci and Sharapova all the way to 3 sets but at times she can go missing which allows opponents in. Jamie Hampton is in good form, but the thing to note is her past 6 matches that she's played have covered this overs line, whilst the last 5 of those matches have gone to 3 sets. She has big groundstrokes, but like Safarova, her game can be a little off for periods in matches. I just don't see anything other than a closely fought match, probably going all the way in fairness but a couple of close sets as well can see the overs through.

Re: French Open 2013 1.5pts Tursurnov to beat Dolgopolov 4.50 Bet365 3pts over 35.5 games 1.75 Bet365 Big price really, on Turs. They have played twice and have a 1-1 head-2-head and most recently the win by Dolgo was 7-6 / 7-6. 4.50 seems a big price. Dolgopolov seems so up and down, I never back this guy. Tursunov been good this year on clay. Beat Ferrer also. 2.5pts Pella to beat Dodig 2.50 Bet365 Similar kind of players in the way that they both rely on their serve but I fancy Pella on this surface and with his recent form. Last week in Dusseldorf, getting to the semi-final and pushing Monaco close. Beat the likes of Tipsarevic and Troicki in straight sets also. Dodig meanwhile went out in the second round to Haase 2-1. I think this one will be close. 4-5 sets is a real possibility but I will edge where the value lies and the form.

Re: French Open 2013 2pts G.Monfils winning Quarter 3 17.00 Boylesport Crazy odds in my opinion. Monfils since coming back from injury has been immense. finding the strength to beat Berdych and that's a huge scalp too because Berdych is very strong. He will face Gulbis who is a very good clay player and has some form recently but I think Monfils has the better form of the two and the ever-important crowd too. We see how far that spurred Monfils in the Berdych game. If he gets through that tie he would face Sijsling/Robredo. Most likely Robredo who Monfils beat last time they played in straight sets albeit in 2007. He would then face Almagro/Vasselin again winnable games. Anderson/Raonic. Id say Anderson as Raonic isn't what everyone thinks he is. Monfils had a 2-0 head-2-head with anderson and then finally Ferrer. The big test... head-2-head? 3-1 Monfils.. his pace and shot placement. He is the full package right now and 17/1 is big.

Re: French Open 2013 Vesely +6 vs Kohlschreiber @2.02 Pinnacle (5/10) Vesely should be big unknown for Kohli. However, this big left handed guy has won couple of challengers on clay recently and in no case is he to be underestimated. Kohli did not play at his best lately - he retired in Rome and lost to clown Sijsling in his entry match (R2 cos he was seeded) on his home soil Dusseldorf. Vesely fully capable to keep this match close.

Re: French Open 2013 Tursunov vs Dolgopolov OVER 34.5 games @ 9/10 (BetVictor:4pts) This line looks achievable to me. Dolgopolov is a well-known moron, loads of ability and variety to frustrate anyone on his day but he zones out, drops his level, you just never know what you'll get with him. Hard to see him winning a clean 3 setter IMO. They played a tight match in Munich where tiebreaks were the difference and Dolgo had the added variety to get him through. And there may be some tough sets and momentum shifts today...Tursunov can serve, powerful from the baseline. I'd say Dolgopolov in 4 sets, hopefully covering the line.

Re: French Open 2013 2pts D.Istomin to beat F.Mayer 2.37 Bet365 I'm not a fan of Mayer at the best of times but he also is carrying an injury. The head-2-head shows 1-1 but both matches were a while ago. They also played this season and Istomin was leading first set and Mayer went out injured. Has no recovered in my opinion and just wants to play. Can see there being a few sets in this. Can't see it being a 3-0 and would side with Istomin.

1.5pts Tursurnov to beat Dolgopolov 4.50 Bet365 3pts over 35.5 games 1.75 Bet365 Big price really, on Turs. They have played twice and have a 1-1 head-2-head and most recently the win by Dolgo was 7-6 / 7-6. 4.50 seems a big price. Dolgopolov seems so up and down, I never back this guy. Tursunov been good this year on clay. Beat Ferrer also. 2.5pts Pella to beat Dodig 2.50 Bet365 Similar kind of players in the way that they both rely on their serve but I fancy Pella on this surface and with his recent form. Last week in Dusseldorf, getting to the semi-final and pushing Monaco close. Beat the likes of Tipsarevic and Troicki in straight sets also. Dodig meanwhile went out in the second round to Haase 2-1. I think this one will be close. 4-5 sets is a real possibility but I will edge where the value lies and the form. 2pts D.Istomin to beat F.Mayer 2.37 >Bet365 I'm not a fan of Mayer at the best of times but he also is carrying an injury. The head-2-head shows 1-1 but both matches were a while ago. They also played this season and Istomin was leading first set and Mayer went out injured. Has no recovered in my opinion and just wants to play. Can see there being a few sets in this. Can't see it being a 3-0 and would side with Istomin.
close to being 4 out of 4 but Mayer decided to retire 2-1 sets down as usual. Why come here if you're injured? grr! So 3/3 nevertheless. Good day.

Surely mahut at the game line of +7.5 is an absolute lock here. Both players are in terrible form and its hard to see tipsa winning any match easily given his form. Haven't played for 5 years against each other so the head to heads mean nothing because tipsa was a plonk back then and Mahut was a much better player.

Re: French Open 2013 Almagro vs Roger-Vasselin OVER 34.5 games @ 8/11 (PPower:4pts) Think this could be a tight one for Nico tomorrow, and he is one of those lads who tends to play tighter matches than he should. ERV is a good solid claycourter....decent serve, solid and strong from the baseline, moves well. Semis in Nice last week and 4 set win over Alund here in a match he dominated. Almagro is one of my fave players on the tour but he is prone to lapses, sets go on longer than they should and I think he can lose a set tomorrow. Do see a couple of tight sets in this one, hopefully covering the line. Larsson +1.5 sets vs Cirstea @ 5/6 (PPower:3pts) Cirstea maybe slight fave here but Larsson is 3.1-3.2 at the bookies which seems a tad too long. There's not that much of a gulf here. Cirstea when she is on is good, can hit winners left and right but she is inconsistent and bashes alot. She got a good hard-fought win over Bertens in rd 1 helped by Kiki double-faulting 10 times. She took a set off Errani in Madrid, and next week in Rome loses 1 and 3 to Morita on clay...which frankly shouldnt happen. So I'm willing to play Larsson to take one set here..maybe a shock on the cards. She beat Razzano and Cetkovska last week.....Niculescu in round one....OK nobody in form there but wins all the same. Worth a go IMO. Took few other small ones, not much time but will do a few sentences. Hampton +1.5 sets vs Safarova @ 1.709 (Pinnacle:1pt)....Hampton's a good player, both are in form so should be a good one. Safarova is wildly inconsistent and seems a bit short to me here. Puig to beat Keys @ 2.340 (Pinnacle:1pt).....good contest here....two good players...Keys has power but seems 50:50..Puig more of a clay-courter...good wins recently and bt Petrova in rd 1. Monfils to bt Gulbis @ 2.520 (Pinnacle:1pt)....price dropping but why not? Monfils was brilliant against Berdych and last week. Gulbis is having a good year but playing Monfils on big court with French crowd behind him....I'll back Gael here to see if Gulbis has changed as a player as he'll be tested in this environment.

Re: French Open 2013 Everyone seems to have had a good day today! Tomorrow Monfils to beat Gulibs - BetVictor @ 2.3 (If Monfils loses in the 5th set we are refunded) The main reason Monfils may not win is because of his busy period however he is playing late and it is expected to rain, it is unlikely that he will play his match giving him an extra days rest. I think he will be made favourite if this is to happen. Monfils is in great form and is one of the fittest players on the tour. Recently beating Berdych which is no easy game especially on clay! He also got to the final in Nice and won a Challenger event. Beating the likes of Goffin, Fognini and Andujar Alba maybe these are not as tough as his opponent today but I expect the crowd to get behind him and I think he has a great chance!

Good job Fader. What a pity you don't post the summary of all your picks so that it's more clear for us what your average hit rate is.
+9.20 pts Hit rate is irrelevant to me to be honest. You will see majority of my tips are well over evens. I'd rather hit 4-5 of them then tip everyone "10 pts federer win" at 1.01. Not sure where the sarcasm stems from to be honest.

Re: French Open 2013 First post, but have a few fancies tomorrow: Gael Monfils v Ernests Gulbis * This has the makings of a really good match-up, Monfils is in the form of his life at the minute after a wonderful victory against 5th seed Tomas Berdych. He won a challenger in Bordeaux and got to the final of the ATP Nice tournament where he lost to Albert Montanes. Monfils is a player with so much talent and but for injuries he probably would be a top 10 player, and with the crowd on side in this game, it could be a daunting task for Latvian Gulbis. That said, I have been very impressed by Gulbis of late, and unlike Monfils who had a tough game in the first round, he won very comfortably in straight sets against Rogerio Dutro-silva. Monfils also played doubles today with Josselin Ouanna so Gulbis will be the more fresh of the pair. Gulbis has the all round game, and if he plays like he did in Rome against Nadal, it could be curtains for Monfils. This will be a great game, but I think Gulbis will take it. 4/7

Re: French Open 2013 Nicolas Mahut vs Janko Tipsarevic >> Tipsarevic win @ 1.18 Even though Mahut is ahead 2-0 H2H he has been slipping down the rankings over the last couple of years and it should be an easy victory for the serb who could be a good outside bet for the tournament Andreas Seppi vs Blaz Kavcic >> Seppi win @ 1.45 Seppi came through a marathon last time out and this may well help giving him much court time. Kavcic might give him some problems being a claycourt favoured player himself, but he's only won back to back games 3 times this year Edouard Roger Vasselin vs Nicolas Almagro >> Almagro win @ 1.20 Almagro beat vasselin twice last year on clay in straight sets and the spaniard should make it 3 in a row Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs Jarkko Nieminen >> Tsonga win @ 1.16 Tsonga won in straight sets in miami a few weeks ago and should once again easily defeat the finn who is coming to the end of his career. Ashleigh Barty vs Lucie Hradecka >> Hradecka win @ 1.46 Hradecka is currently ranked 87 on the WTA list, Barty is 183, have never met before, this season on clay Hradecka has a 7-2 , 5-4 Barty. Last week Hradecka played an excellent tournament in Strasbourg and reached the finals, full of confidence and will win probably 2-0. Shuai Peng vs Camila Giorgi >> Peng win @ 1.40 Shuai Peng played in the final in Brussels 4 days ago and shows a lot of progress on clay. Giorgi had some success at Madrid and Strasbourg, but at 84 in the world is just a bit too low to consider seriously against in-form player like Peng.

Re: French Open 2013 Back Sam Querrey (-2.5 sets) to beat Jan Hajek for a 1/10 stake at 3.85 with Pinnacle Back Sam Querrey (-1.5 sets) to beat Jan Hajek for a 3/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power I like Jan Hajek, I really do - but, at the same time, I cannot see him going through to the next round today. Sam Querrey is a massive step up in terms of overall quality and he also has more experience at this level, so I expect the American to find some good form and have no problems against the Czech today. This is an excellent chance for Querrey to get some much-needed ranking points after going poorly in the recent months - and the opponent certainly looks beatable in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/querrey-vs-hajek-betting-sam-querrey-to-cruise-through-to-the-next-round-in-paris-20130529 Back Evgeny Donskoy (+2.5 sets) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 3/10 stake at 2.25 with Paddy Power Kevin Anderson might be the better player of the two, but Donskoy is talented enough to get a set off him today. He has troubled plenty of strong players before and Anderson is more than capable of producing a poor set at some point, so this price looks worth taking, especially given that Anderson couldn't really demolish Marchenko in the first round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/donskoy-vs-anderson-betting-evgeny-donskoy-should-not-be-underestimated-against-kevin-anderson-today-20130529 Back Jana Cepelova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 1/10 stake at 6.48 with Pinnacle Back Jana Cepelova (+1.5 sets) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 2/10 stake at 2.85 with Pinnacle Angelique Kerber wasn't convincing against Barthel and there might still be some fitness concerns surrounding her at the moment, so I am willing to have a small punt on Cepelova today. After all, she seems to be a very talented player that isn't afraid of going for the big shots on the big stage, so she might be able to get something from what seems to be the biggest match of her career so far. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cepelova-vs-kerber-betting-jana-cepelova-looks-value-to-take-a-set-off-angelique-kerber-20130529

Nicolas Mahut vs Janko Tipsarevic >> Tipsarevic win @ 1.18 Even though Mahut is ahead 2-0 H2H he has been slipping down the rankings over the last couple of years and it should be an easy victory for the serb who could be a good outside bet for the tournament Andreas Seppi vs Blaz Kavcic >> Seppi win @ 1.45 Seppi came through a marathon last time out and this may well help giving him much court time. Kavcic might give him some problems being a claycourt favoured player himself, but he's only won back to back games 3 times this year Edouard Roger Vasselin vs Nicolas Almagro >> Almagro win @ 1.20 Almagro beat vasselin twice last year on clay in straight sets and the spaniard should make it 3 in a row Jo Wilfried Tsonga vs Jarkko Nieminen >> Tsonga win @ 1.16 Tsonga won in straight sets in miami a few weeks ago and should once again easily defeat the finn who is coming to the end of his career. Ashleigh Barty vs Lucie Hradecka >> Hradecka win @ 1.46 Hradecka is currently ranked 87 on the WTA list, Barty is 183, have never met before, this season on clay Hradecka has a 7-2 , 5-4 Barty. Last week Hradecka played an excellent tournament in Strasbourg and reached the finals, full of confidence and will win probably 2-0. Shuai Peng vs Camila Giorgi >> Peng win @ 1.40 Shuai Peng played in the final in Brussels 4 days ago and shows a lot of progress on clay. Giorgi had some success at Madrid and Strasbourg, but at 84 in the world is just a bit too low to consider seriously against in-form player like Peng.
Have you ever looked up the word "value" ?

Re: French Open 2013 Low odds dosnt mean there's not vaule. I know a couple of people with a Yield of 5%-10% you back players from 1.1-1.6, hes been betting for 4 years now and his yield has remained around the same. Got a Anderson + Simon 3-0 Double on today at odds of 1.82

Re: French Open 2013 Y. Wickmayer to beat AK. Schmiedlova @ 1.67 (Pinnacle) Yanina does not play very well recently, but I don't think she will play that bad to lose to the qualifier. This is the first time AK. Schmiedlova goes to the main draw. She wins her second round qualifying match against Nara and last round against Alla Kudryavtseva by straight sets (both match 7:5, 6:2), but in each match she had 4 service games broken, which means Yanina will have a lot of chances in AK’s service games. Alla had 46 UE, I think that’s why AK can win the match so easily. Also Schmiedlova lost to M Doi (ranked 90) by 1:6, 1:6 two weeks ago. I don’t think she is capable of beating top 50 right now. Thanks for reading My first post:)

Re: French Open 2013 1pt V.Troicki to win 1st set AND lose the match 6.50 Bet365 Very close one to call this. I was going to side with Traver but I think the grueling 5-set match with Monaco might make him tired today. Troicki hasn't been the most convincing this year and nor has Traver but out of the two I was more impressed with Traver. They have a head-2-head of 2-0 to Troicki however this was years ago when Troicki was a much better player then he is today/recently. I think this game will have more than 3 sets in it so I'm going to stick just 1pt on Troicki gaining the lead and Traver getting the adrenaline to kick on from it and win. 2pts B.Kavcic to beat A.Seppi 2.62 Bet365 Seppi has had some really poor form of late and had a long 5-setter, eventually beating Mayer. Mayer is another player not in the best of form though and I think Kavcic can take advantage of that today. He comes into this also not in good form but he atleast will be fresh after dispatching of Duckworth with minimal of fuss [6-2 6-2 6-2] If Seppi turns up he should win, but if he don't Kavcic will test him. 1pt E.Donksoy to win 1st set AND lose match 6.00 Bet365 I think Anderson will win this quite comfortably but I think Donskoy will make the first set close. If you look back on Donskoy results this year on clay he has lost the majority but look at the patterns : Lost to Riba after winning first set Lost to Istomin after winning first set Lost to Nieminin after winning first set Lost to Murray after winning first set In last 5 tournaments on clay he has done this 3 times. It shows perhaps when he plays better opponents he puts his all into the first set and then fades. It gives me enough to throw a point at it anyway. 3pts Over 37 games 1.75 Bet365 1pt Bautista-Agut to beat J.Chardy 3.00 Bet365 This one could be alot closer then people imagine. Agut has had a decent last few months on the clay beating Simon and having close games with Nieminen and Haase. He rarely loses in straight sets. Chardy will have the crowd and has the much better serve so I see this being a 3-1 chardy or a 3-2 either way.

Re: French Open 2013 1.5pts J.Hampton to beat L.Safarova 2.62 Bet365 2.5pts Over 21.5 games 2.00 Bet365 If form is anything to go by then Hampton can win this one. She had such a good Brussels beating the likes of Vinci, Flipkens and Wickmayer on clay. She goes against an in-form Safarova too, winning the Prague tournament in Feb but she did not beat the class of player Hampton has been beating and she lost to Makarova in straight sets, in Spain. Should be a close one.

Low odds dosnt mean there's not vaule. I know a couple of people with a Yield of 5%-10% you back players from 1.1-1.6, hes been betting for 4 years now and his yield has remained around the same. Got a Anderson + Simon 3-0 Double on today at odds of 1.82
A lot of the matches are closer than the odds given and he's taking them because they're big names.