** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2013

Re: French Open 2013

Has he had any others this tournament?
Yeah, as CzechPunter mentions - once against Djokovic. It's pretty rare to call a time violation though, and for it to happen to the same player 2 matches in a row seems unlikely to me, even if Rafa is slower than most on tour. I think there's definite value there.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2013 The women's final didn't really go to plan, with only the serve market coming through. Hopefully I'll be able to end on a high in what has been a really good tournament though. Taking 3 on in the Nadal-Ferrer match. Over 6.5 Breaks of Serve- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (7/10) David Ferrer Under 14.5 games- 20/23 BetVictor- (5/10) Score after 4 games first set 2-2- 11/8 BetVictor- (3/10) I'm reverting back to the old breaks of serve market which looks wrong to me. The way it is set, would suggest that Nadal will win without problems in 3, which is completely disrespectful to David Ferrer who has yet to drop a set in the tournament. Now I'm not saying I expect Ferrer to win, far from it, but he is known to be one of the best returners in the game and will fight for everything in this match. Ultimately I expect him to fall short, but there's absolutely no reason why he can't cause Nadal problems when returning as he has done already this year in winning a couple of sets. The problem for Ferrer is that his serve will constantly be put under pressure by Nadal and even if we see just the 3 sets, there should be at least one set, if not two, where there are a few breaks and if Ferrer does pinch a set like he could well do, we'll see 7 breaks in this match. Although I'm suggesting that Ferrer could well keep it close with Nadal, in the end it's hard to see Nadal not rallying as he finds his feet. In each of their last 5 matches, Nadal has won a set comfortably and Ferrer hasn't managed to take many games from those sets. I actually prefer the unders in the Ferrer games market as opposed to the handicap as it covers me if Nadal wins in 3, but also if Ferrer does take a set, he'll still need to win another 9 games in total which is still a big ask in my opinion, especially if Nadal gets his forehand going. Most firms have this line a game or two shorter and although I'd love to see Ferrer win, acclaiming 15 games is a tough ask. Given the way Ferrer has played thus far, he should be confident coming into this one and traditionally he usually starts pretty well against Nadal and keeps it close. There may be an argument that he'll be nervous in his first final, but there weren't any nerves against Tsonga early on so there's enough to suggest he'll be okay here as well so I'd expect the two Spaniards to cancel eachother out early on, and 2-2 after the first 4 games looks pretty likely at a decent price.

Re: French Open 2013 Well done to Fishy. 3 good picks there. Ferrer hits 5 double faults to Nadal's 2 meaning both my Overs bets were comfortable winners. Very easy to spot value in this market, disappointingly already been cut by one firm after a couple of winners, wonder if they read this forum?!