** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014

ENG Conference Premier League Outright - Conference Premier League Winner 2013/14 [TABLE]

[TR=class: header] [TD]Sun 01 Jun 23:59[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]Price[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Luton Town[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]4/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Grimsby Town[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]6/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Wrexham[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]6/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Forest Green Rovers[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]7/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Cambridge United[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]9/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Kidderminster Harriers[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]9/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Barnet[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]14/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Chester[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]16/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Macclesfield[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]16/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Hereford[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]20/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Aldershot[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]20/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Lincoln City[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]33/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Halifax[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]40/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Salisbury[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]50/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Gateshead[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]50/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Welling[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]50/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Alfreton Town[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]66/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Woking[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]66/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Dartford[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]66/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Braintree Town[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]66/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Southport[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]100/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Tamworth[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]150/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Nuneaton[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]150/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: body] [TD=class: outcome_description]Hyde United[/TD] [TD=class: outcome]150/1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Interesting news of a former Prem club: Ebbsfleet United's MYFC members have voted in favour of a takeover by a Kuwaiti group. Regulars may remember that this group - with some hefty investments in Sussex - had been sniffing round Eastbourne Borough until talks ground to a halt a month ago. They're property developers with a sporting arm, and it's as yet unclear (to me at least) what the business model is, but they are offering a decent warchest and promising a weekly budget. At face value it looks very good for the club.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014

The first bet has been struck and it is £200 on Chester. Surprises me that as if anything 16s might be a little skinny
Have to agree with that, though on the whole it's a pretty shrewdly compiled list. Very interesting season ahead, and I think the relegation side of things will go right down to the wire.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Andy Managan joins Forest Green Rovers - an excellent and rather surprising signing, though I bet there weren't many clubs offering him a three-year contract. Add in Danny Wright and - just as last season - you have an unbalanced portfolio of strikers, although maybe there is a masterplan at work that will become clear in June. They should be competitive, however, and the initial price at BetVics has drifted from 7s to 8s, which is starting to make it moderately interesting. A caveat is that even given their injuries last season they should have performed better. The squad was unbalanced and Dave Hockaday really didn't do enough for me, so I'm not pulling the trigger just yet.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Corals and Ladbrokes' sheets out. Everyone has Luton favourites, with Laddies best at 5/1 - a not unappealing price to me, given that I've been backing them at much thinner prices for several summers in succession (I'd need 150/1 to get my money back!). BetVics' 10s about Kidderminster is a standout (Ladbrokes 6s and Corals 7s), and again not without its appeal. Ladbrokes are also best priced about Cambridge United at 12s (raising eyebrows with their signings but they'll need a season's bedding in, I feel). Grimsby are a best of 7s with Corals. If there are any Chester fans with any money left after they took on BetVics' initial 16s, Ladbrokes are 14s. (As addpea points out above, that 16s was a touch skinny if anything.) All the lists soon tail-off into no-hoper territory but I'm slightly drawn to Gateshead at 66s with Ladbrokes. Though there's much work to do, they seem no worse off than Hereford (20s), Macclesfield (16s) and Aldershot (12s). That Aldershot price is a hoot.

Liam Daish has left Ebbsfleet
Seems at face value like a fairly amicable/mutual departure - the words from Daish don't have any of the strain of professionally saying nice things when quite clearly he doesn't mean them. In betting terms, this is potentially quite a blow to newly-funded Ebbsfleet's chances.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Hockaday is saying his summer spending is over - a slightly odd message to be putting out in late May, though maybe he's just trying to put off the army of agents who must be touting any number of players desperate for a long contract on decent wages. Ladbrokes have trimmed them to 9/2 and joint favouritism with Luton (also trimmed from 5s). Ladbrokes have also seen a bit of interest in Gateshead, trimming them to 40s.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Maybe should have backed FGR when they were pushed out. I see Chester have had to let a few players go which makes the people who have backed them look even more crazy than they did anyway. In other news good to see BT Sport have signed the Conference up next season which should mean we get back up to Setanta levels of people watching the live games.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Interesting comment in the paper about BetVictor shoving us down to 3/1 because we've signed Mark Cullen? Is he any good? Apparently he played against us twice last season but I thought Stockport were absolute pony in both matches and nobody stood out for them :$. Personally I'm much more excited by the Alex Wall and Shaun Whalley signings.

Interesting comment in the paper about BetVictor shoving us down to 3/1 because we've signed Mark Cullen? Is he any good? Apparently he played against us twice last season but I thought Stockport were absolute pony in both matches and nobody stood out for them :$. Personally I'm much more excited by the Alex Wall and Shaun Whalley signings.
He's a decent player with a handful of Premier League appearances but it spoke volumes for how much the current regime at Hull City thought of him that he hardly had a look in all season when what they were crying out for was a forward option. He did well at Stockport and is a good player waiting to get out - perhaps a very good one - but you'd have to be Mark Cullen's dad to be backing Luton on the basis of him signing.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 I thought as much. When he signed I thought he was just competition because I would expect Jon Shaw and Andre Gray to be the starting forwards and then I saw that and thought we'd signed the next Alan Shearer or something :lol.

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 My Hull supporting mate Tweeted me this: scored a lot of goals in youth team, not cut it in league football so far but good movement & will score goals imo

Re: England > Antepost > Conference Premier League 2013/2014 Hills, Corals and BetFred have some numbers out - Hills go 40/1 Aldershot and make FGR 3/1 favourites. Coral are offering Gateshead at 66/1, and unlike 188bet are offering EW terms. I couldn't resist an EW play at that mark. It remains to seen how vulnerable they are to a bad winter but they've in theory got more goals in them now with the signings of Adam Boyes, Richard Brodie and Colin Larkin. Looking at Corals' list I'd say that given a fair wind Gateshead will go better than Halifax, Hereford, Lincoln, Macclesfield, Barnet, Aldershot and Chester. That takes them up to the market leaders. Even if you think Luton and FGR will go well this season (I'm 50 per cent in agreement with that statement), that leaves Wrexham, Kidderminster, Grimsby and Cambridge United. I'd put Gateshead as potentially a competitive member of that group, and I can't really square their chances next season with a quote of 66/1.

My Hull supporting mate Tweeted me this: scored a lot of goals in youth team, not cut it in league football so far but good movement & will score goals imo
As long as he lives up to the end of that statement he will do. As I say I fully expect Gray and Shaw to start the season but good back up is essential. Now, who knows about the two Histon players we've just signed :D. Just seen an interview with the midfield one. Seems like a confident lad which bodes well for him and us.

As long as he lives up to the end of that statement he will do. As I say I fully expect Gray and Shaw to start the season but good back up is essential. Now, who knows about the two Histon players we've just signed :D. Just seen an interview with the midfield one. Seems like a confident lad which bodes well for him and us.
They have had quite a few good young players in the last couple of years and they did well to stay up last year with such a young team. I am sure they will do well for you

They have had quite a few good young players in the last couple of years and they did well to stay up last year with such a young team. I am sure they will do well for you
Cool. By the sounds of it they've been signed with the future in mind but John Still is one who throws them in if they are good enough.

Now, who knows about the two Histon players we've just signed :D. Just seen an interview with the midfield one. Seems like a confident lad which bodes well for him and us.
Have to confess that I was lazy about keeping notes on Histon once they disappeared off the betting radar, but of the two Jim Stevenson has made more impression with me - a central midfielder who was sometimes deployed in a more forward role after Kaine Sheppard left. Likes a strike and a clever football. Danny Fitzsimons hasn't really registered with me but he was a regular in a defence that improved markedly over the season, even when personnel was never settled. Like Elliot Justham, ones for the future and I doubt if they'll be regulars for a while.