** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ricky Burns Vs Jose Gonzalez

Love this fight, so many people complaining about it and yeah it isnt the best fight Ricky could take and he should win it but he had to as it was the mandatory fight and no matter what it will be exciting and I'm positive we wont see the final bell. Gonzalez has little footage available but hes a counter puncher and he can bang, good KO ratio. But truth is their against bums and when you watch some of his fights he gets hit a lottttt before he makes them pay and puts them to sleep, anyone could do that against that level of competition. Yeah he obviously has skills but I really have to favor Burns as this is a huugggggeee step up in competition for Jose and if he fights light he fought in those videos the mistakes he was making would make it an easy night for Burns. He was basically relying on guys hitting him then overcommiting and countering which is boxing 101 and will never work against a classy fighter like Burns. Burns is not a huge puncher but from what i've seen of Gonzalez I believe this is way to big a step up and its in Glasgow so I see him feeling early pressure from Burns and when he makes those rookie mistakes Burns will punish him far greater than his other opponents could have done. Jose has power but when he throw his power shot he loads up like crazy on it which really doesn't work at world (or even high level domestic) level so if he chooses to throw bombs he will get countered himself and put to sleep. Jose's only shot is to KO Burns as it is in Glasgow so that being said and watching his fights I see him getting desperate and swinging for the fences and getting Ko'd. I know Burns is more of a decision fighter but styles make fights and with Jose's inexperience and belief in his KO ability I cant see him making the final bell Ricky burns by KO/TKO or DSQ - 15/8

Re: Ricky Burns Vs Jose Gonzalez [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Paris, V v Perez, M (03:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jean, D v Pendarvis, C (04:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]112.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] McDonnell, J v Ceja, J (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Petkovic, A v Hoffmann, T (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Simpson, J v Tseveenpurev, C (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Burns, R v Gonzalez, JA (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 12 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hernandez, Adrian v Cardoza, Y (00:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ricky Burns Vs Jose Gonzalez TV main event previews: 4pts R.Burns to beat J.Gonzalez on points 11/10 Betfred Ricky Burns is a quality fighter, much better than he often gets credit for and I think he’ll win this fight but he might suffer with timing issues and things having been out of the ring for so long so while I think he will win he may not get the job done inside the distance. As long as he boxes well and looks good doing it then a points win won’t do him any harm going forward as it will give him rounds under his belt so I’ll take Burns on points. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burns-vs-gonzalez-betting-ricky-burns-can-return-to-the-ring-with-a-points-win-20130511 5pts J.Ceja to beat J.McDonell by stoppage 5/6 Ladbrokes Jamie McDonell’s camp might have secured home advantage for their man in this fight but I think that’s just about all he’s got going for him in the fight. I’m sure he’ll be game and give it his all but his Mexican opponent could be something special in the making. There is no getting away from his power and you would think over the course of 12 rounds he will get to McDonell eventually, especially as the Doncaster man doesn’t have the power of his own to keep the Mexican away. I’m not sure how long it will take but I think Ceja will win this inside the distance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mcdonell-vs-ceja-betting-julio-ceja-can-stop-jamie-mcdonell-in-their-world-title-fight-20130511

• 2 weeks later...