** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England vs New Zealand - Test Series

kevshat

A huge international summer begins next week when England host New Zealand in a two match test series. The series is meant to be the starter before the main course of the Ashes but as we saw out in New Zealand this could well be more competitive than most thought. With the Lions game starting on Thursday now is a good time to get the thread started. Both test matches are live on Sky throughout as always. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Thu May 16 - Mon May 20 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - England v New Zealand Lord's, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri May 24 - Tue May 28 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - England v New Zealand Headingley, Leeds [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Series preview: 2pts Correct Score - 0-0 8/1 BetVictor I think this series could easily end up like the one in New Zealand earlier in the year. Lords is always a flat wicket these days and we’ve seen evidence of that already this season when Middlesex followed on against Surrey and made over 500. There have been three scores of 475 or over at Headingley this season already too so that wicket is pretty flat as well and with the coffers as low as they are at Yorkshire you can rest assured they will want five days out of that test match. With the weather in May unpredictable at best and with England never as good without KP and with issues in the form of their bowling attack coupled with New Zealand’s long batting line up I believe the chances of this series ending 0-0 are a lot greater than an 8/1 shot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-flat-wickets-and-unpredictable-weather-can-lead-to-scoreless-series-20130514

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Top England Batsman, NRD Compton, 5/1 most firms. Hit two centurys, when last playing NZ, and Lords and to a certain extent Leeds, are fast becoming batsman tracks, The only thing that could be against you at Leeds would be overcast skys. But that is 10 days away. However the 0-0 is a very good shout, The Lords test, will only see 10 out of the 15 sessions IMO, the weather at the end of the week in London is not promising at all. So 8/1 the draw at leeds....you may easily end up with, and plenty of trading there.

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Top England Series Batsman preview: 2pts J.Root Top England Series Batsman 7/1 Boylesports Nobody in England is in better form than Joe Root right now. He is a special player who could well go on to be one of England’s greatest batsmen and he looks excellent value to top score for England in this series at 7/1. While with Yorkshire so far this season Root has scores of 182 and 236 and then for the England Lions last week he made another 179 against this New Zealand attack so the youngster must be seeing it like an absolute football at the minute. With one of the two tests on his home ground where he’ll have lots of support and will be at home in the conditions I think Root could just take some stopping in this short series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-joe-root-can-continue-his-incredible-recent-form-20130514

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Top New Zealand Series Batsman preview: 2pts H.Rutherford Top New Zealand Series Batsman 11/2 Bet365 Kane Williamson is a batsman I rate highly and it would be no surprise to me if he top scores for the tourists in this series but at a bigger price I like the look of Hamish Rutherford. Rutherford was third when these two met in New Zealand earlier in the year and he arrives in England with a First-class batting average of just under 45. He has already hit a century on this tour against a tasty England Lions bowling attack which should have boosted his confidence and I think he has the ability to go well in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-hamish-rutherford-can-lead-from-the-top-for-the-tourists-20130514

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Top England series bowler preview: 1pt T.Bresnan Top England Series Bowler 9/1 William Hill Tim Bresnan and Steven Finn are battling for the third seamers spot in this England side and if recent form with their counties is anything to go by then Bresnan has every chance of getting the nod and if he does then he looks good value in this market at 9/1. I would imagine that price is because bookmakers don’t expect him to play but with his ability to swing the ball which is a big assistance at both Lords and Headingley if he does play he should be dangerous. At the price it is worth a small punt in case he is selected from the start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-tim-bresnan-could-go-well-if-selected-20130515

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts T.Boult's Performance Pts - 74&Over 5/6 Bet365 Trent Boult bowled very well in the series between these two in New Zealand and on wickets and in conditions which will suit swing bowling more here I see no reason why he won’t go well again. He looks to have excellent control and can swing the ball both ways. With the slope assisting movement one way he could well trouble the England batsman here so I’m surprised his performance line is as low as 74pts. That’s only 4 wickets or 3 wickets and a combination of a catch and 4 runs or 14 runs to see it covered and that looks well within his reach over five days. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-1st-test-betting-trent-boult-looks-to-have-an-achievable-performance-target-20130515

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series 2 more to add to the above. 3pts S.Broad Over 2.5 1st Inns Wickets Evs Ladbrokes 1pt S.Broad Man of the Match 14/1 BetVictor Stuart Broad should go well in this match. He has played for Nottinghamshire already this summer and I would expect that to translate into good form for England too. In his three full bowling innings for Notts this season he's taken four wickets in each innings and he's scored a pair of 40's too. He has a good record in England colours at Lords. Last year in the corresponding test with the West Indies he took 11 wickets and in the past he has scored a career best 169 against Pakistan with the bat here and a couple of 70's against South Africa and India so while he batting has deteriorated at test level there's plenty of suggest Lord's could bring out the best with the bat. With 21 wickets in his last three tests on this ground it is clearly a place he enjoys bowling, as it would be with the slope helping him to take the ball away from the right handers so I think he's more than capable of bagging three wickets in the first innings and if he turns that into 5 and then maybe 7-8 in the match and throws in an innings of any substance he'll be a runner for the man of the match award too.

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series

2 more to add to the above. 3pts S.Broad Over 2.5 1st Inns Wickets Evs Ladbrokes 1pt S.Broad Man of the Match 14/1 BetVictor Stuart Broad should go well in this match. He has played for Nottinghamshire already this summer and I would expect that to translate into good form for England too. In his three full bowling innings for Notts this season he's taken four wickets in each innings and he's scored a pair of 40's too. He has a good record in England colours at Lords. Last year in the corresponding test with the West Indies he took 11 wickets and in the past he has scored a career best 169 against Pakistan with the bat here and a couple of 70's against South Africa and India so while he batting has deteriorated at test level there's plenty of suggest Lord's could bring out the best with the bat. With 21 wickets in his last three tests on this ground it is clearly a place he enjoys bowling, as it would be with the slope helping him to take the ball away from the right handers so I think he's more than capable of bagging three wickets in the first innings and if he turns that into 5 and then maybe 7-8 in the match and throws in an innings of any substance he'll be a runner for the man of the match award too.
Surely with 26* and now 5 of the first 6 wickets Broad should be getting MOM?

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series

2 more to add to the above. 3pts S.Broad Over 2.5 1st Inns Wickets Evs Ladbrokes 1pt S.Broad Man of the Match 14/1 BetVictor Stuart Broad should go well in this match. He has played for Nottinghamshire already this summer and I would expect that to translate into good form for England too. In his three full bowling innings for Notts this season he's taken four wickets in each innings and he's scored a pair of 40's too. He has a good record in England colours at Lords. Last year in the corresponding test with the West Indies he took 11 wickets and in the past he has scored a career best 169 against Pakistan with the bat here and a couple of 70's against South Africa and India so while he batting has deteriorated at test level there's plenty of suggest Lord's could bring out the best with the bat. With 21 wickets in his last three tests on this ground it is clearly a place he enjoys bowling, as it would be with the slope helping him to take the ball away from the right handers so I think he's more than capable of bagging three wickets in the first innings and if he turns that into 5 and then maybe 7-8 in the match and throws in an innings of any substance he'll be a runner for the man of the match award too.
Nice...on Broad MOTM - many thanks after a poor month so far, you have got me back on parity(ish)

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series 2nd test preview: 4pts Second test - Draw 7/4 Ladbrokes The draw is shortening all the time and it isn’t hard to see why. The wicket at Headingley has been flat all summer so far with some very high scores made there so far and I would expect no different here as the Yorkshire hierarchy would love five days of ticket sales and everything else which comes with hosting a test match. The forecast for day one looks very dodgy to say the least and I’m not sure four days will be enough to get a result on this wicket. New Zealand aren’t playing a full time spinner so expect some slow over rates while Guptill and Bracewell coming in extends their batting which can ensure a draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-2nd-test-betting-england-can-seal-the-series-with-a-draw-at-headingley-20130523

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Rest of the second test bets. 4pts K.Williamson's Performance Pts - 90&Over 5/6 Bet365 1pt K.Williamson Top New Zealand 1st Inns Bowler 12/1 Paddy Power Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I think Kane Williamson will go well in this match. He went well at Lords with the bat and he surprised with the ball too. With the bat he is a class act and I expect this to be a flat wicket so I see no reason why he won't flourish in this match with the willow. New Zealand have added Martin Guptill to their side so he is another batsman to partner Williamson and to take the pressure off the youngster. New Zealand have a couple of left armers who will create footholes outside the right hander's off stump which Williamson can pitch the ball into and that can make him dangerous. He'll bowl a few overs in this match as New Zealand go in without a first choice spinner and we saw KP rag them square here last year so the ball will turn. Williamson took 4/44 in Auckland against England last winter and a repeat of that can't be ruled out here so a small bet on him being New Zealand's top wicket taker isn't the worst bet in the world but when you add his batting talent to his wicket taking potential and chances of catches his 90pt target looks perfectly achievable particularly after scoring 106 in total at Lords. 3pts S.Broad's Performance Pts - 121&Over 5/6 Bet365 1pt S.Broad Man of the Match 12/1 Paddy Power Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Stuart Broad had an excellent first test where he ended up being the man of the match and now he turns out on a ground where he has 14 wickets in his last three bowling innings as well as a couple of swashbuckling 60's with the bat and a combination of that sort of form in this match will make him a leading player once again. Broad scored 186 points at Lords and that was despite barely scoring in the first innings with bat or ball so if he can perform better in the first innings, and I think he will do, then this target looks well within reach. Broad seems to take wickets in batches and after a good start to the summer he can continue with that wicket taking in this match and if he needs any runs and catches to take him up to his target he has that ability up his locker.

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Not a profitable test match but a decent series as a whole for a two match series. +10.34pts for the series. Congrats to all who made profit from this series. Next test series is the big one :nana.