** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Stats – and one to consider: Summary Results for the Last Ten Champions League Finals 2011/12 Chelsea 1-1 Bayern Munich (0-0 half time, 90 mins 1-1, Chelsea won on pens) 2010/11 Barcelona 3-1 Man United (1-1 half time) 2009/10 Bayern Munich 0-2 Inter Milan (0-1 half time) 2008/09 Barcelona 2-0 Man United (1-0 half time) 2007/08 Chelsea 1-1 Man United (1-1 half time, Man United won on pens) 2006/07 Milan 2-1 Liverpool (1-0 half time) 2005/06 Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal (half time 0-1) 2004/05 Milan 3-3 Liverpool (half time 3-0, 90 mins 3-3, Liverpool won on pens) 2003/04 Porto 3-0 Monaco (half time 1-0) 2002/03 Milan 0-0 Juventus (Milan won pens) Observations: Four of the last ten finals have been decided by a penalty shoot out and interestingly, the scores were level at 90 minutes in each of those games so neither side was able to find a winner in extra time. Five of the last ten finals have seen at least three goals or more scored in 90 minutes Six of the last ten have seen both sides find the net in 90 minutes (This season three of the four between Bayern and Dortmund saw both sides find the net). The 2003 Milan v Juve final is the only one of the last ten finals to finish without a goal and last season's final between Chelsea and Bayern is the only other one which was 0-0 at half time. Exactly one goal was scored in the first half of five of the last ten finals. Four of the ten finals saw the teams go into the half time break with the scores level The 90 minute winners also led at half time in four of the ten finals, Inter in 2011, Barcelona in 2009, Milan in 2007 and Porto in 2004. The Referee, Nicola Rizzoli (Italy) Nicola Rizzoli is the man with the whistle and he is no stranger to showing red cards in Serie A having sent off four players in his last six Italian top flight matches. His only engagement in the Champions League knockout stages was the 2nd leg of the last 16 clash between Malaga and Porto when seven different players saw yellow and one of those went on to see red after picking up a second booking. He also showed a total of 17 yellow cards in three group stage matches and he booked eight players (one of whom was later sent off) in a Europa League qualifier between FC Twente and Bursaspor at the start of the season. The last sending off in a Champions League final came in 2008 when Drogba received his marching orders although that red card didn't arrive until towards the end of extra time. As far as not seeing the 90 minutes out, Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman was red carded after 18 minutes of the 2006 final with Barcelona. GL BTW: When Bayern and Dortmund invade the pitch at Wembley for the Champions League final on May 25, the most important players on the pitch might not be Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philip Lahm, Marco Reus or Mats Hummels. Instead, they are just as likely to be Glück (luck) and Fehler (error). But you'll search the starting lineups, the programme notes, and the jersey backs of the sides in vain for these names. To read the story: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2013-05/24/champions-league-final-preview-the-numbers-game-book

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Every time a big finals upon us, I write up a little post on here and get it right.. (beertalk) I can see Bayern winning here, especially after missing out at the Alianz last season, they are just more hungry and got more winners in the side. I was going to do a big write up on stats etc, but everyone else has already done that, so straight to the point here then.. Thomas Muller is going to become only the third player in history to score in 2 CL finals (Eto'o & Raul) are the others. Bayern to win, O2.5, BTTS, Thomas Muller anytime scorer. Make your pick GL

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May

Stats – and one to consider: Summary Results for the Last Ten Champions League Finals 2011/12 Chelsea 1-1 Bayern Munich (0-0 half time, 90 mins 1-1, Chelsea won on pens) 2010/11 Barcelona 3-1 Man United (1-1 half time) 2009/10 Bayern Munich 0-2 Inter Milan (0-1 half time) 2008/09 Barcelona 2-0 Man United (1-0 half time) 2007/08 Chelsea 1-1 Man United (1-1 half time, Man United won on pens) 2006/07 Milan 2-1 Liverpool (1-0 half time) 2005/06 Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal (half time 0-1) 2004/05 Milan 3-3 Liverpool (half time 3-0, 90 mins 3-3, Liverpool won on pens) 2003/04 Porto 3-0 Monaco (half time 1-0) 2002/03 Milan 0-0 Juventus (Milan won pens) Observations: Four of the last ten finals have been decided by a penalty shoot out and interestingly, the scores were level at 90 minutes in each of those games so neither side was able to find a winner in extra time. Five of the last ten finals have seen at least three goals or more scored in 90 minutes Six of the last ten have seen both sides find the net in 90 minutes (This season three of the four between Bayern and Dortmund saw both sides find the net). The 2003 Milan v Juve final is the only one of the last ten finals to finish without a goal and last season's final between Chelsea and Bayern is the only other one which was 0-0 at half time. Exactly one goal was scored in the first half of five of the last ten finals. Four of the ten finals saw the teams go into the half time break with the scores level The 90 minute winners also led at half time in four of the ten finals, Inter in 2011, Barcelona in 2009, Milan in 2007 and Porto in 2004. The Referee, Nicola Rizzoli (Italy) Nicola Rizzoli is the man with the whistle and he is no stranger to showing red cards in Serie A having sent off four players in his last six Italian top flight matches. His only engagement in the Champions League knockout stages was the 2nd leg of the last 16 clash between Malaga and Porto when seven different players saw yellow and one of those went on to see red after picking up a second booking. He also showed a total of 17 yellow cards in three group stage matches and he booked eight players (one of whom was later sent off) in a Europa League qualifier between FC Twente and Bursaspor at the start of the season. The last sending off in a Champions League final came in 2008 when Drogba received his marching orders although that red card didn't arrive until towards the end of extra time. As far as not seeing the 90 minutes out, Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman was red carded after 18 minutes of the 2006 final with Barcelona. GL BTW: When Bayern and Dortmund invade the pitch at Wembley for the Champions League final on May 25, the most important players on the pitch might not be Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philip Lahm, Marco Reus or Mats Hummels. Instead, they are just as likely to be Glück (luck) and Fehler (error). But you'll search the starting lineups, the programme notes, and the jersey backs of the sides in vain for these names. To read the story: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2013-05/24/champions-league-final-preview-the-numbers-game-book
Also, let us not forget how teams with nothing-to-lose AND a bit of luck do well. For instance, Chelsea HAD to win the CL last year to qualify for the same event next year. They were playing Barca and had absolutely nothing to lose and they were lucky one way or the other to steer past Barcelona methinks. They were largely the worse team in the finals but somehow they edged out the contest. Borussia Dortmund are in a very similar position - they have nothing to lose and everything to win. They were immensely lucky to have come through against Malaga and they will at least get a draw in 90 minutes i think. Reus and/or lewandowski to score anytime is the best bet imo. I think luck is on Dortmund's side. My stupid ridiculous guess: Dortmund score first and lead at half time and they go 2-0 up through a counter attack. From there anything can happen

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Champions league final: Bit of fun bets: Robert Lewandowski to score first between 21-45 mins 18/1 Expecting to see a slightly cagey first 20 mins with not much happenning, but then for Borrisia to go on the break and punish bayern early on. Its very rarely 0-0 at half time with last year an exception, due to the great blue bus that we parked (:D), and i expect this to be fairly close and high scoring. Final Score 2-2 14/1. Think it will be a draw after 90 mins, and 2-2 just looks like the scoreline to me.

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, FINAL DORTMUND (Germany) vs BAVARIA (Germany) Today in London at the famous stadium "Wembley" will take place between two german clubs: Borussia Dortmund and Bavaria. Borussia Dortmund - this opponent is a very serious and dangerous, ready to bite at any time. With them you can not relax and underestimate its strictly prohibited. Yet, the team came out of a heavy band in the first place, ahead of Real Madrid, Manchester City and Ajax. Then beat on all counts Shakhtar Donetsk of Ukraine. Then a fantastic comeback in the game with Malaga, in stoppage time when the germans broke the resistance of Malaga. And finally, in the semi-final were brought to knees Real Madrid. In the first game Dortmund completely outplayed the spanish, and the benefits enough to pass on. However, in Spain, Dortmund barely went out. If Real Madrid were lucky at the beginning of the game, and Cristiano Ronaldo used his moments, the germans could fly. Dortmund in the Bundesliga failure, where on all counts were beaten by Bavaria. Borussia lost a lot of points at the start and that was enough to not catch up with Munich. Fell behind in the championship on -25 points it's a big gap, which gives no right to question the validity of triumph Bavaria. In the Champions League, this Bavaria could not stop anybody. Wards Jupe Heynckes swept away all in its path. If the group too much resistance Bavaria has not met since Lille, Valencia and BATE were not able to do anything. Although with BATE and turned embarrassing (1:3 loss), but it is only tempered Bavaria, making it clear that should be set for every match and there are no easy opponents. But then in Bavaria was way more complicated than that of Dortmund. In the quarter finals of Bavaria was Arsenal London. And passed easily, was not, germans almost taking off from the tournament. Next was the Italian champion Juventus, which were beaten in all respects. The Italians could not even utter a word in reply, as all combinations were read by the germans at once. Passage Italian champion v German champion - this is a statement of why Germany is in the UEFA coefficients table above Italy. Before the final of Bavaria stood in the way of terrible Barcelona. Messi and co. could make racing at breakneck speed Bavarian locomotive off the rails, but the game showed that the era of Barca passes slowly. This season, Barca does not look as flawless as before, and the defeats to AC Milan and Celtic eloquently spoken. Bayern showed the catalans, who are number 1 this season, and the grand total confrontation 7:0 seem sensational. Yes, a lot, but in all, fairness. Barcelona lost the throne to Bavaria. So, Bavaria have to do only one step away from winning this trophy, a trophy they had been going on for a long time, but always something missing. Over the past four seasons is the 3rd final of Bavaria. Three years ago, the germans lost to Inter, and last season with the full home advantage could not put the squeeze on Chelsea. Team lacks quite a bit of luck, and it will be extremely unfair if this final lose. For Dortmund players this is theyr 1st ever final, on the other hand most of the Bavaria players already played 3 times in the final act of the Uefa Champions League. At the moment, Bavaria are the best team in Europe this season and can win all the trophies that will be involved. This super team that deserves to become officially the best in Europe in 2013. Tip: 2 @ 1.91 Tip: 3-4 corect score @ 170.0 Nordicbet

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Man of the Match: Sebastien Schweinsteiger 12/1 with Coral. There's so much talent on display on display tonight and its a bit of a lottery on who will perform best, however, considering I fancy Bayern to win, considering Schweinsteiger is in the middle of the pitch which is where a lot of the action will take place and better odds than some of his illustrious counterparts I'm happy to take what is the closest thing to value in this market. Schweinsteiger was immense against Barca in the semi and will be even more fired up in this one against these German rivals. Schweinsteiger will be eager to get the Champions League medal that, frankly, he should have well won by now. Along with Lahm he'll be the most experienced player on the pitch and, as I say, perhaps represents the best value in this tricky but enjoyable market.

Champions league final: Bit of fun bets: Robert Lewandowski to score first between 21-45 mins 18/1 Expecting to see a slightly cagey first 20 mins with not much happenning, but then for Borrisia to go on the break and punish bayern early on. Its very rarely 0-0 at half time with last year an exception, due to the great blue bus that we parked (:D), and i expect this to be fairly close and high scoring. Final Score 2-2 14/1. Think it will be a draw after 90 mins, and 2-2 just looks like the scoreline to me.
What bookmaker are those with mate ;)

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May im factoring in last weeks games where dortmund started very well with an early goal,but in the last 15 mins they totally lost their way and lost 1-2 at home,they were all over the place in defence, the keeper got sent off too.In bayerns match they started slowly and were several goals behind before they started clicking through the gears and taking control,ribery was in great form and scored a cracker,even if bayern are a goal behind i think they will come good the longer the game goes on.

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Both teams fully deserve to play the fianl but I'm sticking with Bayern here as they've been already the kings of europe,they just need to put the crown on their heads! :) Bayern is the better of the two and if they'll fail for the 3rd consecutive time,I won't see football again. :D Goetze is a big blow for BvB as I can't see Sahin or Greusskreutz as good as him. Bayern at full strength and mentally perfect will edge this. Good luck,The Red Cobras to win this German final,Mia San Mia!

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May We are in the presence of two teams that seek to possess the ball. During the season, the average possession percentage for the two teams was around 65%. The two teams also based their games on quick passing in order to overpass their opponents: during the Bundesliga season, Bayern Munich had an average of 596 passes per game and Dortmund did 498 passes per game (league average: 411 passes per game). the two teams don't use long balls to their strikers/wingers so we should see a fierce battle between midfielders.

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Excluding the 'Super Cup', which I think is a relatively minor pre-season trophy, the three league and cup meetings this season have ended: 1-1 1-1 1-0 Bayern All under 2.5 goals ... So although both sides games have on average had a lot of goals, perhaps when they meet things are tighter? Under 2.5 goals is available at 2.15 with BetVictor, but I'm not quite convinced, so I think it's 'No Bet' for me :p

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Robben to get booked odds 5.50 at unibet. I think there is value in betting Robben to get booked. He always is a hot head and tries to gets free kicks easily and gets angry at the referee and assistant referees. Sometimes he tries to get the penalty kick to easily as well by diving. GL

Re: Champions League Final > Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund > 25th May Borussia Dortmund goals over 1,5 @ 3,25 Ladbrokes : Dortmund scored 4 against Real and seem to have targeted this CL and gone through the motions in the league this season. Bayern players have won the league by 25 points and there must be some tired legs after keeping this ferocious tempo for so long. I'm not saying that they can't win by 3-2 but I'm counting on Dortmund not being fazed by their illustrious opponents and giving a good account of themselves.

As I said earlier in the thread I backed Bayern for this game about a month ago with a fair amount of confidence, that seems to have ebbed away during that time! :lolI really wouldn't be surprised to see this one end in a draw after 90 mins. From Dortmunds point of view much will depend on Hummels level of fitness, I'm pretty sure he will start the game but he is also the catalyst for much of their passing from the back and if he is struggling physically (unlikely to be 100% fit whatever) the Dortmund passing game might not flow as well as it normally would and from a defensive point of view, where they are not usually very strong anyway, you would think Bayern can take advantage. The midfield/forward line will have to be rotated in the absence of Gotze, with Gundogan, Bender, Kuba, Reus and Grosskreutz probably starting. Bayern have no problems other than the longterm absence of Kroos. Neuer, Alaba, Dante, Boateng, Lahm; Schwein, Martinez; Robben, Muller, Ribery; Mandzukic, will be how they line-up. Their won't be tactical surprises for either coach imo, both these teams know each others game inside out and the close nature of all their recent games show this, don't be surprised if a refereeing decision or a moment of individual brilliance decides the game. Bayern were always going to be strong favourites on paper, they are certainly the better defensive unit and the problem for Dortmund will be if Bayern take the lead as I think it will be very difficult for them to get back into it against such a organised defensive side who can pick you off quickly on the counter. I think it will be fairly low scoring like their other recent games but betting under 2.5 in such a game feels risky, I don't think Dortmund will win the game in the 90mins, seems a big ask against a side that has been largely unbeatable away from home, but then you could argue Dortmund outplayed City away, Shakhtar away, Ajax away, Malaga away and drew with Madrid the first time around. Below is a list of the games in which they have played each other in the last couple of seasons (6 games) the odds at k.o (the highest at a decent sized bookies) and the result. 2012/13 Bundesliga - Dortmund 1 Bayern 1 . Odds (1) - 3.1 (X) - 3.5 (2) - 2.6 Bundesliga - Bayern 1 Dortmund 1 . Odds (1) - 1.8 (X) - 4.15 (2) - 4.8 Pokal - B ayern 1 Dortmund 0 . Odds (1) - 1.68 (X) - 4.33 (2) - 5 2011/12 Pokal (N) - Dortmund 5 Bayern 2 . Odds (1) - 3 (X) - 3.5 (2) - 2.6 Bundesliga - Dortmund 1 Bayern 0 . Odds (1) - 2.8 (X) - 3.5 (2) - 2.9 Bundesliga - Bayern 0 Dortmund 1. Odds (1) - 1.6 (X) - 4.0 (2) - 6 Looking at this you can see Bayern are heavily favoured nearly always and have come up short in most games, I think the most recent results are, as usual, the most relevant though and Bayern are certainly a better side than they were in 11/12. There is no real doubt that if you are looking for a value play Dortmund +0.5AH (Dortmund or draw) are the best choice. Personally I think this is Bayern's moment and the romantics that are hoping for a Dortmund victory will be disappointed again, I just see them being a little bit too strong against what is still a suspect backline for me, it will either be a draw or Bayern will sneak this, but only by the one goal, so these would be my plays. Draw - 4.1 - bet365 LOSS Bayern to Win by 1 Goal Margin - 3.75 - bet365 WIN
Dortmund were brilliant in the first half and could have been two goals up..they were poor in the second half though and Bayern deserved the win. Was a good final and both teams did themselves proud.

• 2 years later...