** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Yorkshire Bank 40 2013

kevshat

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Monday preview: 4pts M.Ali (-0.5 runs) to beat K.Coetzer 5/6 Ladbrokes Moeen Ali goes into this match off the back of a wonderful 250 against Glamorgan. He’s a top one day player too and he looks a good bet to beat Kyle Coetzer in this match. Coetzer hasn’t really done it with the bat in this competition. He’s had six innings with a best of 35 which isn’t great opening the batting. Moeen failed against the Netherlands last week but he doesn’t do that too often and with a big platform to perform on here and the confidence of that knock in midweek I expect Moeen to win this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/northamptonshire-vs-worcestershire-betting-moeen-ali-can-showcase-his-talents-on-the-television-20130624

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Couple more for me this afternoon. 4pts Under 41.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I think this is quite a high line. I thought that before I'd seen which wicket they are using for this match but I certainly think that now. As is often the case when Sky turn up they are playing in the centre of the square so there isn't a short boundary or anything like that and the wicket can be quite slow which doesn't help boundary hitting. We saw evidence of that when Sussex played there on TV earlier in the competition. Neither side are blessed with star batsmen. In fact both teams struggle to score quickly apart from a couple of players in each team so I would imagine this will be a fairly low scoring match as the bowlers are hard to get away in both sides too with a lot of pace off the ball bowlers. This looks a high line on this ground at the best of times but particularly tonight I feel. 2pts M.Azharullah Top Northants Bowler 7/2 Stan James Azharullah has been a good signing for Northants and he's been in good form in the last couple of weeks or so since Trent Copeland disappeared. He took 3/20 against Sussex in this competition a couple of weeks ago and since then he's picked up 4 in the Championship against Lancashire so he is bowling well and like all Pakistani bowlers he knows how to get the ball to move so he'll be a threat to a pretty poor batting line up once you are past the openers and Samaraweera. With Copeland gone this looks a match between Azharullah and Steven Crook and I like the former at 7/2.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Nice finish to the first half of this tournament. A 6pt profit from that match leaves me +40.06pts for the tournament and with a couple of outrights in with a chance when the comp resumes. We've got a month off from 40 over action so I'll unstick this thread too and will stick it again when it resumes in August.

• 1 month later...

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 YB40 is back! [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Essex (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]95.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 4 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.07 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]130.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 One for this afternoon. 5pts Essex to beat Surrey 8/11 Ladbrokes After the other day I wasn't going to bother taking Essex at a short price even though they are the ones with something riding on this game but then Surrey announced their squad and all of a sudden there is plenty of value in the 8/11. Surrey have decided to rest Steven Davies, Zander de Bruyn, Gareth Batty and Jade Dernbach for their FLt20 quarter final on Tuesday and a number of youngsters have replaced them. The four they've dropped were all key in Surrey's win on Wednesday night so that should make life a bit easier for Essex. Essex are without Owais Shah for this game but Hamish Rutherford has already tucked in at The Oval twice since arriving in England so he should make up for that. Essex have a full strength side out apart from their injuries here and with the quality the likes of Rutherford, Bopara, ten Doeschate, Foster, Napier and Masters all contain, they should pick up a confidence boosting win here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 11 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Essex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leicestershire v Yorkshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Unicorns (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scotland v Durham (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Gloucestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Derbyshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Netherlands (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Kent (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 3 for this afternoon. 4pts Yorkshire to beat Leicestershire 11/10 Bet365 Yorkshire are taking this match a bit more seriously than they were taking the competition before the T20 break. Leicestershire will be without Joe Burns who was a big player with bat and in the field and there's no Hoggard for them today either so their bowling looks like it could take a bit of a pasting. Azeem Rafiq gives Yorkshire good balance and with good young batting options and a much better bowling attack than they've been using in this competition they look a bit of value here. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Surrey 6/4 Ladbrokes Surrey are resting some big players for this match, understandably given their season almost revolves around Saturday. Derbyshire are close to full strength and have the players in Hughes, Durston, Madsen and Chanderpaul to go well. Derbyshire can play with freedom here and with Surrey using a few youngsters there's no doubt the visitors look good value here. 4pts Kent to beat Worcestershire 4/5 BetVictor Kent have played well in the competition this season and that's been without Mark Davies and James Tredwell at times. Both those players are back this afternoon and with Brendan Nash back in after the T20 break they look a strong side. Worcestershire always look a batsman or two light and that's the case here too and they are definitely a bowler light against a Kent side who have batting power. Motivation is on Kent's side as this competition is now their season and even at 4/5 they look a good bet to me.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 13 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Leicestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scotland v Hampshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yorkshire v Unicorns (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Derbyshire (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.71 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Kent (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.89 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Worcestershire (16:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Essex v Durham (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Netherlands (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Couple of last over defeats on Sunday. Going with two this evening. 4pts Kent to beat Northamptonshire 11/10 Ladbrokes This is a big game for both sides in terms of qualifying. Nottinghamshire look to have the group won so these two are playing for the best second placed route into the semi finals. Both are definitely in the mix for that but both are also needing to win out from here to make it. I would suggest this is a bigger match for Kent than Northants. Kent's season is basically this competition now while Northants have the Championship and T20 to go at, and may have one eye on T20 finals day on Saturday. Kent had a big win over Worcestershire on Sunday while Northants were losing to Nottinghamshire. Both have named unchanged squads. Northants have already beaten Kent in this tournament but there was no James Tredwell for Kent that day and Trent Copeland took four wickets for Northants. Tredwell plays here and Copeland isn't back for Northants yet so that's a big swing in Kent's favour. With their focus heavily on this competition I'll take the Spitfires to fly high this evening. 4pts Essex to beat Durham 4/5 Ladbrokes Essex go into this match off the back of a defeat to Hampshire at the weekend but they can bounce back in style here. Durham are top of the group but will be without Graham Onions for this match and I'm still not convinced by their batting line up, as we saw last week it can get stuck and they come up with some weird orders. Essex were unlucky against Hampshire at the weekend but Durham's bowling isn't as strong as Hampshire's and their batting is certainly no weaker than Durham's and if Bopara plays to form it is stronger. Essex are usually very strong at home and given that they look stronger with bat and ball on paper and the fact they have to win to keep their qualifying hopes alive I like the home side here especially with Durham missing Onions.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 14 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Middlesex (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Wednesday preview: 4pts Glamorgan to beat Middlesex 10/11 Coral Glamorgan look to have a bit of momentum going into this match and although Middlesex have a strong seam attack I’m not convinced the wicket will be conducive to that sort of bowler. With Voges and Rossington both likely to miss out the Middlesex batting doesn’t look as strong as it could and given that they only beat the Unicorns by the skins of their teeth they may be up against it here. Glamorgan have been good in this competition this season and can win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/glamorgan-vs-middlesex-betting-glamorgan-can-take-another-step-towards-winning-the-group-against-middlesex

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Weather looks like it is clearing up so I'll take two more. 4pts Under 6.5 6s 5/6 William Hill There were only four sixes here in better conditions when Glamorgan hosted Somerset on Monday night and with the rain which has been around Cardiff before this match I would expect the wicket to have a bit in it for the bowlers so batting won't be easy. The square boundaries here are almost non existant in terms of being hit for six over so that just leaves straight down the ground. Take Morgan out and there isn't really a power hitter in either side. Both sides have very good bowling attacks so I would expect ball to dominate the bat tonight which should mean we won't see more than half a dozen sixes. 2pts M.Hogan Top Glamorgan Bowler 9/4 Stan James In seaming conditions Michael Hogan will be tough to face. He's having a brilliant season for Glamorgan and took three wickets in the reverse meeting between these two sides. He took 4/34 in his eight overs on this ground on Monday including the prize opening pair of Trescothick and Kieswetter. With overcast conditions and a potentially damp wicket he should go just as well here if not even better. With Simon Jones still finding his feet Hogan looks the main threat to the Middlesex batsmen and even at 9/4 he's worth a punt to take the most wickets here.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 15 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Scotland v Lancashire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Yorkshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Gloucestershire (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Netherlands (15:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Durham (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Surrey (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.59 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kent v Warwickshire (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Nottinghamshire (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Thursday TV game preview: 5pts T.Groenewald's Performance Pts - 22&Over 5/6 Bet365 I’m no 4/7 backer on a side who’ve just got stuffed last time out but with motivation questionable for Derbyshire I don’t fancy backing them either. One bet I do like is Tim Groenewald to cover a performance total of 22pts. Groenewald is a good one day bowler who bowls at the right times of the innings to get wickets but he’s a feisty hitter with the bat should he get the chance. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t bat so if he doesn’t cover it with the bat then there’s every chance he’ll reduce it to needing just one wicket. Groenewald hasn’t played in every match this season but he’s covered this line in each one he has played in this competition and he can cover it again too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/derbyshire-vs-durham-betting-tim-groenewald-can-cover-his-performance-target-in-group-b-clash

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 One for the 3.40 starts. 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Middlesex 5/4 Sportingbet Gloucestershire are going along nicely in this competition this season and have named a full strength squad so they'll fancy their chances here. Middlesex's semi final hopes suffered a major dent on Wednesday night when they lost to Glamorgan and that game didn't finish until 11pm almost so by the time they'd done everything it would have been gone 12 before they got back on the bus so would have been the early hours of the morning before they got back. That's not ideal preparation for this match so even though Middlesex have the same squad I wouldn't be surprised if they are a little sluggish in this match. Gloucestershire should be well rested and full of confidence and at 5/4 they are too big to surprise the Panthers at HQ.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 And two more for the later games. 2pts W.Madsen Top Derbyshire Batsman 11/2 Paddy Power With Shiv Chanderpaul and Wes Durston both out for this match Madsen is going to bat a lot higher than four or five where he has been batting. He may well open but at the very worst you'd expect him to be batting at number three so this price immediately looks very big. Madsen comes into this match in good form having top scored for Derbyshire against Lancashire the other night and he's in excellent form in the County Championship this season too. Those coming in after Madsen aren't in great form so if Madsen can get a start against the new ball I would expect him to top score in this innings unless big Chesney goes big. 3pts Sussex to beat Nottinghamshire 6/4 Coral Sussex are out of this tournament but they have still named a strong squad, a stronger one than the one which went to Trent Bridge and beat Nottinghamshire earlier in the campaign for certain. Sussex will be boosted by their drubbing of the Netherlands earlier in the week and with the one dayers around the corner the likes of Luke Wright will be looking to impress against a good side. Nottinghamshire have this group by the scruff of the neck but they need to keep winning and we saw in the T20 quarter final last week that they are not always the best at dealing with pressure situations. Sussex are a good one day side with lots of dangerous players in their line up and they are big at 6/4. If they were still alive in this competition they would be no bigger than evens but we saw the other night they are giving this competition the respect it deserves so with that in mind I'm happy to take the inflated price on the hosts here.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 19 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Worcestershire (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Worcestershire to beat Warwickshire 10/11 Boylesports Warwickshire lost to the Netherlands last time out and that in itself shows they have lost all their motivation for this competition. Worcestershire have shown exactly the opposite so I think they look the better bet in this match. Both sides have competent batting line ups but I’d say without their main attack Warwickshire concede ground to the Royals with the ball and that could well be the difference when the final ball is bowled here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/warwickshire-vs-worcestershire-betting-the-pears-can-see-off-the-bears-in-midlands-derby

Two more for this afternoon. 4pts Over 5.5 6s 10/11 Stan James Judging by where the green mat was during finals day on Saturday there is going to be a short boundary to the Gary Wilson appreciation society stand side of the ground. Both sides look better equipped with the bat rather than the ball so we should see a highish scoring game. The straight boundary to the new pavilion is short enough anyway let alone any other short boundaries. We saw plenty of sixes on a super wicket on Saturday and with good conditions since then we should see similar here. 2pts D.Maddy Top Warwickshire Batsman 5/1 Stan James Darren Maddy went to town on this Worcestershire attack in both T20 games recently and with no Clarke or Ambrose in this match he may need to do so again. Maddy is playing his penultimate game here and his last on TV so he will want to go out with a bang and at 5/1 he's a good enough price to produce enough fireworks to top score this evening.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Tuesday preview: 5pts Lancashire to beat Hampshire 8/11 Ladbrokes Lancashire will be delighted Michael Carberry isn’t playing in this match. He has scores of 150 and 100 in one day cricket against them this season and has killed them on both occasions. Lancashire would have strolled the recent T20 quarter final had Carberry not been so on song. With no Vince too Lancashire’s bowlers can get a lot more control a lot earlier and given that they must win this game I think they are the call here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lancashire-vs-hampshire-betting-lancashire-can-take-advantage-of-hampshire-s-absentees-at-old-trafford

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Three more for this afternoon. Not completely convinced bookmakers realise Hampshire's squad! 4pts Lancashire Highest 1st 15 Overs 11/10 Stan James Were Hampshire at full strength I'd be avoiding this bet like the plague. They're not though. Their destructive openers are away with England Lions and I would expect Jimmy Adams and either Michael Roberts or Sean Terry to open the batting. None of those are fearsome hitters of a cricket ball while Neil McKenzie, who will probably bat 3, likes to set himself up before he starts to attack. If that isn't bad enough Hampshire will face plenty of Glen Chapple early doors and even in that T20 QF when Carberry and Vince played, Hampshire struggled to get him away early on. Lancashire will open with two much more aggressive openers in Moore and Smith. Smith tucked into Dimi Mascarenhas in that quarter final a couple of weeks ago and if Mascarenhas isn't economical in this match Hampshire are struggling. Chris Wood is likely to open along side Mascarenhas in the field but we saw on Saturday he isn't always the tightest. With Ashwell Prince and Simon Katich in after the openers there's a bit of aggression at the top for Lanky and that can see them leading when the opening 15 overs of the innings are up. 2pts S.Ervine Top Hampshire Batsman 5/1 Boylesports With no Carberry or Vince in this Hampshire line up everyone in the middle order is likely to go up one so Ervine should be batting at number four in this match which looks to be a perfect position from which to top score from. Batting there he can play himself in and then get about attacking the bowlers. Ervine has top scored in Hampshire's last two matches and looked in really good touch in both innings. He can play spin and seam equally as well and with the openers missing there will be a lot of responsibility lying with Ervine. He's good enough to take that on and at 5/1 he looks a good bet to be the Royals' top scorer here. 1pt L.Dawson Top Hampshire Bowler 6/1 Stan James This looks a big price. The wicket at Old Trafford usually offers a bit of turn and Stephen Parry already has a five wicket haul on this ground in this competition this season so spinners should be in the game. With Danny Briggs away with the England Lions, Dawson will become Hampshire's senior spinner this evening although there will be the promising Brad Taylor too. Sohail Tanvir is away with Pakistan now as well so another danger is out of the picture. Dimi Mascarenhas is probably the main danger now although I'm a massive David Griffiths fan but with Dimi having been carted against this line up a couple of weeks ago I prefer Dawson at the much bigger price particularly as he should get plenty of encouragement from the wicket.

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 26 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derbyshire v Hampshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Surrey (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gloucestershire v Somerset (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kent v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.96 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Essex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Leicestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Worcestershire v Sussex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.84 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Yorkshire v Glamorgan (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Monday TV preview: 4pts Kent vs Nottinghamshire - Over 5.5 6s 5/6 William Hill Nottinghamshire look much too short to me given their spectacular defeat in the T20 quarter final and this match brings the same pressures. One bet I do like here is for there to be over 5.5 sixes. Neither side have a particularly strong bowling attack but both have decent enough batting line ups. Nottinghamshire have a lot of power with the bat but the likes of Stevens, Key and even players like Cowdrey and Blake can hit a long ball so this line looks quite low. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kent-vs-nottinghamshire-betting-expect-to-see-a-few-sixes-in-must-win-match-for-nottinghamshire

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Glamorgan is the only bet for me today, Yorkshire have named their most inexperienced squad of the tournament (which takes some doing believe me!), the only experienced batsmen are Lyth and Williamson (coming off the back of his golden duck debut in the championship). Alex Lees is also in the squad having a good season but still can hardly be classed as experienced yet, other than that they're playing kids/second string batsmen. Bowling wise it's also a heavily depleted side with players being held back for the crucial 4 day game. Barring some miracle or a Glamorgan brainstorm (induced by the possibility of qualifying for the semi finals) Yorkshire will be nowhere near competitive here. Pyrah will be captaining and will do his usual decent efforts with the bat and ball, but unless the experienced players get a century apiece and Pyrah or Ashraf take a 5 for I can't see Yorks staying in the game. Yorkshire were hammered in the last 40 over match with a stronger squad than today, Glamorgan won easily yesterday and I can see only one result here. A win will almost certainly mean Glamorgan qualify and I can't see this Yorkshire squad stopping them. My only remaining issue is deciding how heavy to go in, the odds in reality should almost be the same as though the Unicorns were playing Glamorgan not Yorkshire. (To declare an interest, I'm a Yorkshire supporter)

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Good luck tiswal. I agree Glamorgan should win today. Only concerns I have are them playing in Swansea yesterday and Leeds today and also they were in the same position in the T20 group - needing to win their last game to go through and couldn't have made more of a pigs ear of it if they'd tried so that's put me off enough to just let them win, especially as I'm on them outright. More bets for today. TV game first. 3pts Kent to beat Nottinghamshire 7/4 Stan James Kent look a big price to me. While they were a bit of a shambles in the T20, they have gone much better in this competition and had their floodlights not gone kaput in their game against Warwickshire this could well have been effectively a quarter final. They have made noises about wanting to end their one day season on a high and have named a strong squad accordingly. James Tredwell plays which is important. I wanted to take Nottinghamshire on in this game so I'm delighted Kent are going seriously at it. Nottinghamshire made a complete kybosh of their T20 quarter final against Essex and they are in a similar position here albeit this time they don't have their own conditions on their side. The Outlaws have lost their last two in this competition so they're not exactly coming home with a wet sail in this competition. If they hear Northants are winning too then the pressure will only escalate and with the pressure all on their batsmen they could easily crumble. At 7/4 I'll take the chance a more than efficient Kent side can put a spanner in the Nottinghamshire works this afternoon. 2pts H.Gurney Top Nottinghamshire Bowler 7/2 Stan James Nottinghamshire's bowling attack isn't the best in the world, that's an understatement but one man who constantly impresses is Harry Gurney. If Nottinghamshire are to win this game you would think he'll need to take wickets with the new ball but what I like about Gurney is that he'll bowl at the start of the innings, in the batting powerplay and most likely at the death too so he'll be bowling when the batsmen are attacking the most so he should be able to pick up a couple of cheap wickets. He seems to go well in front of the sky cameras and with the Canterbury slope helping him move the ball he looks to be Nottinghamshire's biggest threat with the ball in this match. 5pts Durham to beat Surrey 8/11 BetVictor Durham are out of this competition but they've named a strong squad unlike Surrey who have decided to rest their senior players. Their strong side has just been walloped by Durham in the Championship so Surrey's youngsters could be in for a long afternoon here. Surrey have a big Championship game coming this week against Derbyshire which will carry all their attentions so with the likes of Stokes back from England Lions duty Durham should be expected to win and win comfortably this afternoon. 3pts Worcestershire to beat Sussex 11/10 Stan James Worcestershire have been playing some good one day cricket recently and they look value to win this match. Sussex haven't named the strongest squad they could have and look particularly weak with the ball. With Moeen Ali in the form he's in Worcestershire can go toe to toe with most batting line ups but the extra quality they have with the ball, particularly with the emergence of Cessford, and the annoying pace off the ball bowlers they have proving hard to hit and get away then the home side look a bit of value to end their one day season in style.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013

Agree with the 6's bet Kevin. Nottinghamshire especially have major 6 hitting talent. Just to point out that Stan James are offering evns over 4.5 which makes it an even better bet!
Just saw that. Shame it wasn't up last night but hopefully I'll still be ok. The over 4.5 looks an even better bet!

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Tiswal thanks for the info above, very helpful :ok Think those results today mean Glamorgan are through to the semis on nrr from Northants ( despite that amazing knock from David Willey ), away to either Notts or Hants. Still in with a chance ! :)