** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Yorkshire Bank 40 2013

kevshat

The domestic one day competition begins on Friday. As the title suggests it's a 40 over comp. Format is simple. 3 groups of 7. 2pts for a win. Naff all for losing. 1 for tie/rained off. Top team in each group go into the semis with the best runner up joining them. 2 top teams with the best records get home semi. 16 overs of powerplay. Mandatory 8 then 4 for batting and bowling teams. Fire away chaps :ok

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Tournament preview: 2pts ew Lancashire to win Yorkshire Bank 40 20/1 Skybet (1/2 1-2) With the way the groups have come out this season, whoever wins this tournament is going to have to play some pretty good cricket. They are going to have some tough matches along the way and will have to be in good form throughout. Last season Lancashire blitzed their way through their group but came unstuck against Warwickshire in the semi final. Since then they have signed good players in Simon Katich, Wayne White and Kabir Ali and they look unlikely to be hit too hard by England Lions or England call ups. Although their group is a tough one given how well they went last season they look like value at 20/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-bank-40-betting-new-signings-can-see-lancashire-improve-on-last-year-s-semi-final-run-20130502

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Tournament top batsman preview: 2pts ew G.Ballance Top Yorkshire Bank 40 Batsman (Selected runners) 16/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-4) Gary Ballance is a batsman I have liked the look of for a while and he really flourished into a quality batsman last year. Over the winter he went away with the England Lions and played some good innings with them which will have done him no harm and with England aspirations burning inside him he will want to put up good performances for Yorkshire in this competition. With Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow likely to be away a lot Ballance could well bat in the top four for Yorkshire in this competition and in a group with some pretty weak bowling attacks in it he could be the crown jewel in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-bank-40-betting-gary-ballance-can-impress-the-england-selectors-with-big-runs-this-summer-20130502

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Friday match preview: 4pts Essex vs Hampshire - Over 6.5 6's 10/11 Stan James Whenever one day cricket is played at Chelmsford I always look at the sixes lines because the ground is tiny, especially straight where most batsmen tend to hit these days. Both sides have players capable of clearing the ropes in their midst. The likes of Bailey, Ervine, Wheater, Dawson, Bopara, Napier and Foster can all clear the ropes here. Both bowling attacks are quite young so I would expect to see a few sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-hampshire-betting-yorkshire-bank-40-can-open-with-a-flurry-of-sixes-20130503

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Best of luck to you Kev. Quite like Stephen Moore in the runscorer market ( 14/1, 1/4 1-4 e/w bet365 ). If Lancs do progress Moore should open the batting in maybe 13 or 14 matches ( albeit there is the constant threat of Lancs home games being rain-affected / reduced ). Should play in all games, as he is not part of the Four Day team at the moment and will be keen to go well if this is his main outlet for "criggit". Also, with great respect he is unlikely to be troubled by a phone call from the selectors. Played 13/13 games for Lancs last year, finished only 20 or so runs behind Carberry in 2nd spot in the overall runs table. Reckon he could be worth some each way money at 14s as i feel there is a reasonable chance he could finish in the top four of these 20 guys. Best of luck all

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Best of luck Marshy. I certainly won't be complaining at some runs for Moore ;). 2 more to go with this one for tonight's opener.

Friday match preview: 4pts Essex vs Hampshire - Over 6.5 6's 10/11 Stan James Whenever one day cricket is played at Chelmsford I always look at the sixes lines because the ground is tiny, especially straight where most batsmen tend to hit these days. Both sides have players capable of clearing the ropes in their midst. The likes of Bailey, Ervine, Wheater, Dawson, Bopara, Napier and Foster can all clear the ropes here. Both bowling attacks are quite young so I would expect to see a few sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-hampshire-betting-yorkshire-bank-40-can-open-with-a-flurry-of-sixes-20130503
4pts J.Foster's Performance Pts - 33&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. I think we will see a good performance from Essex's captain in this match. He tends to come alive in the limited overs formats anyway but he will want a good personal performance here after I would imagine he will have had a word in his ear from his coach after his suicidal dismissal in Essex's run chase in the Championship in midweek which fortunately for Essex and Foster, Graham Napier managed to ensure they won. Foster is more than capable of scoring points with the gloves. He's one of the best keepers in the country - in fact we'll see probably the two best keepers in the country because Michael Bates is likely to play for Hampshire too. As well as scoring with the gloves he's a very clever limited overs batsman where his sweeps and nudges often bring success. I don't think this is a massive total for someone so talented so I'm happy to take the Essex captain to deliver a solid performance this evening. 1pt G.Napier Top Essex Batsman 12/1 Ladbrokes Graham Napier top scored in both innings against Hampshire in the Championship game between the two earlier in the week and he comes into this game in decent form having also top scored against Northants a couple of weeks ago too. Napier could bat anywhere in this Essex line up but given that he's in good form it would be no surprise were he to stride out at number 3 in this match but even if he is in later the pace he scores his runs at he will always be in the game. Napier has shown the ability to hit this Hampshire attack out of the park already this week so there is a lot of value in this 12/1 quote.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 I think if Smith had got him on strike for the 2 overs he batted in the powerplay Napier might have top scored. Why he batted 7 below the likes of Pettini and Smith is a mystery. Saturday preview: 4pts Leicestershire to beat Gloucestershire 11/10 Stan James Neither of these sides will be challenging at the top end of this group when the semi final spots come along but someone has to win this match and I think it will be Leicestershire. Both sides are much stronger with the bat than they are with the ball but I think Leicestershire have the slightly more dangerous attack and with a pretty strong batting line up for this match I’ll take the home side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/leicestershire-vs-gloucestershire-betting-leicestershire-look-a-bit-stronger-than-gloucestershire-on-paper-20130503

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013

Saturday preview: 4pts Leicestershire to beat Gloucestershire 11/10 Stan James
Nice call mate :) Couple of interesting ones tomorrow. Durham I could quite fancy to beat Essex at home after they chased that 180-odd in about 20 overs in the week. Essex were resoundingly beaten on Friday night. I always think of Durham as being a bit unpredictable though and they are plenty short enough. And perhaps some value in Glamorgan at 6/4 against Yorkshire ? A risk to oppose Bairstow and especially Root given the form they are in but I don't think Yorks won a 40 over game away from Headingley last year and Colwyn Bay not an easy place to go, Glamorgan's recent record there is quite good. May keep an eye on the price and see if it drifts.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Bit of a recurring theme with my bets, but I've got to back Ben Stokes at 11/2 to top score for Durham tomorrow. Couple of carrots being dangled with both openers available at 4s in a place, but Stokes should be batting at 3 for the one-dayers and remains the best batsman in the team.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 I notice that Ladbrokes suspended betting on Napier the other day after Kev's legion of followers must have piled on, so make sure you get in quick if he has any top bat picks where they are top price!

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Durham v Essex (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glamorgan v Yorkshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hampshire v Scotland (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northamptonshire v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Somerset v Unicorns (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.08 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sussex v Worcestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Cheers Marshy. Sunday TV game preview: 4pts Durham vs Essex - Over 42.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I think this will be a high scoring match. A lot of Durham’s 40 over games last season were and the one day wickets at the Riverside tended to be very good to bat on. I see no reason why that will change here and with the weather expected to be good then I think we’ll see a bit of a boundary fest. Batting is the strong point for both these sides so I think we’ll see plenty of rope hitting here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durham-vs-essex-betting-expect-to-see-the-ropes-hit-with-regularity-at-durham-20130504

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Haven't been around too much lately because of uni work but dissertation is in so I can look at the markets a bit more now. Some cracking calls by Kev so far in the 2 domestic threads so hopefully I can chip in as well. 4 for me today, all coming in the TV game... Durham vs Essex- Over 42.5 Boundaries- 5/6 William Hill- 5/10) I'm with Kev on this one in what looks to be cracking conditions for batting. Lots of the games last season here were filled with runs and with both teams strength lying in their batsman, we should see plenty of runs today. Both teams have bowlers who are more than capable of going round the park a bit as well but given the weather and general conditions down at the Riverside, I fully expect for us to see at least 43 boundaries in this one. Paul Collingwood (+1.5 runs) vs Ravi Bopara- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) I know Paul Grayson has been talking Bopara up recently, saying he's due a big score with the England Lions game approaching but the fact of the matter is he's wildly out of form right now. He made just 6 against Hampshire the other day in front of the TV cameras, whilst he's not managed a score above 41 since the opening day of the season which shows his form at the minute. Although Paul Collingwood isn't quite the player he once was when he was pivotal to the England Side, he's still a class batsman in his own right and his form is far better than Bopara's. He scored 64 in Durham's recent Championship game and has another 50 to his name this season as well and usually he is the man for the big occasion like today on TV. To be honest, it wouldn't actually surprise me if Collingwood didn't even need to get to double figures today given Bopara's form but with his quality anyway, I like him in this market. Most Runs in an Over 17.5- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) Do quite like this bet as well given I expect we'll see quite a few runs today. The thing is, we have a lot of quality batsman on show today, and in that, plenty of aggressive players who can score quickly. If the likes of Mustard, Stokes, Collingwood, Napier, Foster or even Bopara get going to name a few, they could easily muster 20+ runs in an over. Another point to factor in is some of the bowling we'll see. I'm not sure if Essex will bring David Masters back today given the horrific bowling performance they put in against Hampshire, but in the likes of Saj Mahmood and some of their inexperienced bowlers, you have bowlers who can be erratic to say the least at times whilst the same can be said for a couple of the Durham guys as well so I think we'll see at least 1 over that goes for a fair few today. Phil Mustard (Race to 10 Runs) v Mark Stoneman- 11/10 Stan James- (3/10) Don't usually get involved in this kind of market but the odds look bizarre to me. Mustard is by far the more aggressive batsman of the two and will be the one who will look to take advantage of the early powerplay. The risk will be if he gets himself out early, but with the confidence he should bring into this game from that winning innings against Notts, he should have his eye in pretty early. Stoneman is a decent batsman as well, but given the aggressive nature of Mustard and role he plays in the one day games, I think he should be the one odds on to reach 10 runs first.

Cheers Marshy. Sunday TV game preview: 4pts Durham vs Essex - Over 42.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I think this will be a high scoring match. A lot of Durham’s 40 over games last season were and the one day wickets at the Riverside tended to be very good to bat on. I see no reason why that will change here and with the weather expected to be good then I think we’ll see a bit of a boundary fest. Batting is the strong point for both these sides so I think we’ll see plenty of rope hitting here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durham-vs-essex-betting-expect-to-see-the-ropes-hit-with-regularity-at-durham-20130504
Don't fancy anything else today so I'll just stick with this one and get stuck in again tomorrow. Welcome back Fishy, good luck fella :ok

Bit of a recurring theme with my bets' date=' but I've got to back Ben Stokes at 11/2 to top score for Durham tomorrow. Couple of carrots being dangled with both openers available at 4s in a place, but Stokes should be batting at 3 for the one-dayers and remains the best batsman in the team.[/quote'] Congratulations mate, lovely call :)

Bit of a recurring theme with my bets' date=' but I've got to back Ben Stokes at 11/2 to top score for Durham tomorrow. Couple of carrots being dangled with both openers available at 4s in a place, but Stokes should be batting at 3 for the one-dayers and remains the best batsman in the team.[/quote'] Great shout mate :ok

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 6 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lancashire v Durham (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Middlesex v Glamorgan (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Hampshire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Unicorns v Gloucestershire (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warwickshire v Kent (13:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Monday TV preview: 4pts Middlesex vs Glamorgan - Over 5.5 6's Evs Skybet This match could go either way because both sides have very strong bowling attacks but one area where there is a betting opportunity is the number of sixes in the match. With the England vs New Zealand test match at Lords in just under 2 weeks this match is likely to be played on one side of the square so I would expect a shorter boundary on one side. With that in mind I think we will see a few more sixes than we normally would. Both sides have players who can give it a biff so the six sixes required shouldn’t be too tough to get. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/middlesex-vs-glamorgan-betting-boundaries-could-be-shorter-than-usual-in-this-yb40-match-20130505

Monday TV preview: 4pts Middlesex vs Glamorgan - Over 5.5 6's Evs Skybet This match could go either way because both sides have very strong bowling attacks but one area where there is a betting opportunity is the number of sixes in the match. With the England vs New Zealand test match at Lords in just under 2 weeks this match is likely to be played on one side of the square so I would expect a shorter boundary on one side. With that in mind I think we will see a few more sixes than we normally would. Both sides have players who can give it a biff so the six sixes required shouldn’t be too tough to get. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/middlesex-vs-glamorgan-betting-boundaries-could-be-shorter-than-usual-in-this-yb40-match-20130505
Three match bets to go with the above for Monday. 4pts Lancashire to beat Durham 10/11 Bet365 I like Lancashire here. As I said in my opening preview for this whole tournament I think they have an excellent chance of going really well in this tournament this season. They had a very good record at Old Trafford last season and there's no reason why that can't be the case with them again here. With the likes of Stephen Moore, Ashwell Prince, Steven Croft and Simon Katich in their batting line up they are full of runs while the likes of Kyle Hogg, Simon Kerrigan and Stephen Parry have wickets in them too. Durham weren't very impressive on Sunday and while they can bat a lot better than that I think what we saw from them with the ball is what they are, an ordinary bowling attack in one day cricket who struggle for wickets. Lancashire bat a long way down and with plenty of bowling options too I think they have the edge especially as Durham can't have got down to Old Trafford until pretty late. 4pts Hampshire to beat Surrey Evs Ladbrokes We saw Hampshire at their best on Friday night and while they weren't as good against Scotland on Sunday I expect them to go well here. Hampshire bat a long way down and they have enough bowling options to trouble Surrey too. In fact the cutters and changes of pace that the Hampshire bowlers use could be perfect for The Oval wicket. Surrey go into this match off the back of four hard days of cricket at Lord's and their bowlers will have toiled away sending down balls which Chris Rogers swatted to the boundary on a flat wicket whereas Hampshire have had two days off this week. Surrey have named a couple of youngsters in their bowling attack for this match and their batting doesn't look as strong as it did last season without Hamilton-Brown and of course Maynard. I know I'm a Hampshire fan but I'm not having Surrey as the favourites in this match. Hampshire match up well to them and they can win this one. 3pts Kent to beat Warwickshire 6/4 Bet365 I've no idea what this price is all about either. Kent are a good one day side and even though they are playing last year's runners up they shouldn't be this price. This isn't a full strength Warwickshire side Kent are playing either as Rikki Clarke and Jim Troughton are both injured while Tim Ambrose is being rested. Keith Barker is another big player who is injured and of course there is no longer a Neil Carter to get a run rate off to a blistering start. Warwickshire are boosted by having Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott around but they can only do it with the bat. Even then I'd say Warwickshire are light at the end of the innings. Kent have Darren Stevens back from injury for this match while Sam Billings makes it into the squad too. I like the make up of Kent's bowling attack. It can be very economical and they have the quality in their batting and the length in their batting to score decent totals. Kent look good value at 6/4 in what is a much more even game with Warwickshire's injuries.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Yesterday didn't go to plan but hopefully I'll get back on track today. Taking quite a few but will start with the TV game on bank holiday Monday... Middlesex vs Glamorgan- Over 42.5 boundaries- 5/6 William Hill- (5/10) This bet didn't pan out the way I hoped it would yesterday but going with it again today. As Kev has mentioned, the fact that the first test is upcoming should mean the wicket they will play on will be closer to the boundary one side which won't be tough to find on a very quick outfield. Middlesex have plenty of quality batsman in their side whilst Glamorgan look a far better side this year and made a big score against Yorkshire so they should be full of confidence with the bat especially given Stephen Finn is in available. There weren't too many runs scored yesterday yet this line was almost covered and with the thought that we'll see more scored today, I'm happy to take the same bet. Middlesex (Most 6's) vs Glamorgan- 10/11 Stan James- (5/10) Surprised to see the odds this high in truth. Middlesex have far more players who like to loosen up and clear the ropes. In Paul Stirling, Dawid Malan and Joe Denly to name a few they have guys who clear the rope with ease whilst Glamorgan have batsman who like to play strokes and pick the gaps. In their big score yesterday of 285, they didn't hit a single 6 which emphasises that point and even if they hit a few today, I still expect Middlesex to hit more. Marcus North to beat Mark Wallace- 4/5 William Hill- (3/10) I like the Aussie in this little battle. The skipper top scored with 68 and with him coming in at number 4, he should be able to play himself in when the ball has stopped nipping about which is something Mark Wallace can't do. He'll open the batting meaning he'll be acing Toby Roland-Jones who I rate really highly. The keeper hasn't been in good form either this season thus far and whilst Marcus North hasn't been exceptional either, those runs yesterday should give him confidence and I fancy him to outscore His keeper for the second day in a row. Most runs in an over more than 16.5- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) Again like the boundary bet, I'm taking this one again today despite it not going to plan yesterday. With the probably shorter boundary one side and the decent batsman we have on show, there could easily be an over where we see a couple of maximums and a boundary or two to go alongside it. There have been a lot of runs scored on this ground recently so the wicket should be decent whilst the outfield will be quick so I think there's a decent chance we will see an over cover this line. And now the rest... Hampshire to beat Surrey- 10/11 BetVictor- (5/10) I completely agree with Kev on this two. Surrey are coming into this game off the back of bowling at Middlesex's openers for what must have seemed like an eternity for them so a scorching day is not really what they needed. Chris Tremlett isn't playing today and with the exhaustion of bowling at Chris Rodgers, they may well shuffle their bowling attack for this one. Hampshire have won both of their games thus far and look a strong outfit. They bat deep and have the bowlers to keep things tight as well. All in all, I just think they are the better one day side, and with Surrey not having much rest since the 4 day game, Hampshire look the bet to me. Kent to beat Warwickshire- 6/4 Sportingbet- (3/10) I know the Bears have Ian Bell and Trott back for this one, but they are missing a few other key playes as well. Rikki Clarke, Keith Barker and Tim Ambrose are all missing as well as skipper Jim Troughton who usually provides stability in the middle order. If Kent can get rid of Chopra, Bell and Trott early on, they will very much be in business here and with Stevens and Billings returning for them, they might well spring a surprise here. Unicorns to beat Gloucestershire- 9/2 Sportingbet- (2/1) Wouldn't be having Gloucestershire at the price they are here. They did well to beat Leicestershire in the County Championship but then they showed what they are capable of in the thrashing they suffered against the Foxes in their first one dayer. Their batting worries me greatly and if they lose a couple of wickets early they could quite easily capitulate. The Unicorns side is getting better every year with the more experience they have and they scored a few runs against Somerset yesterday before Marcus Trescothick tore their bowling apart. The Gloucestershire side is far weaker than the Somerset side they played yesterday and with the generous odds on offer, I'm happy to take a punt on them.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Cheers Marshy & Kev. I do think Lancs are a good bet at 4/5 to win today - not got the exact stats but I'm sure there is a massive difference in home/away performance in Durhams recent 40 over record - could have been just 1 win away last season off the top of my head. The only real thing going for Durham is that this is Lancs 1st 40 over game of the season and we saw Essex improve in their second game after a poor performance in their first.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Lot of effort for not much gain for me on Monday. Not helped by one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Hampshire :wall. -0.46pts for the tournament going into Wednesday. TV games from Wed-Sun with the exception of Thursday so lots of games this week to make some dosh.

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Going to take one more outright before the tournament resumes. Almost took them before it started but the price is good despite their good start. 1pt ew Glamorgan to win Yorkshire Bank 40 20/1 BetVictor Glamorgan have made an excellent start to the Yorkshire Bank 40 having comfortably beaten two sides who were expected to be very competitive in Group C this season. The group winners may well come from the head to head between Somerset and Glamorgan but given that the Welsh side have already beaten Yorkshire and Middlesex I would say even if they lose twice to Somerset they are in a good position to claim the best runner up spot even if they can't win the group by beating Somerset. I like the make up of Glamorgan's side. Marcus North and Murray Goodwin provide good solid contributions with the bat and steadying influences while the likes of Will Bragg, Mark Wallace, Chris Cooke and Jim Allenby can bat around them and propel a score. It is with the ball I really like Glamorgan though. Michael Hogan is an excellent signing and I'm a huge fan of Michael Reed and those two will take wickets in this format. Will Owen has good results in one day cricket and when they get onto turning tracks then Dean Cosker and Marcus North can turn it while it is only a matter of time before Andrew Salter comes through and makes a mark too. Glamorgan aren't in the hardest group and having made a fast start to it they still look perfectly good value at 20/1 to me.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 8 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Nottinghamshire v Kent (16:10 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 9 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Surrey v Durham (16:40 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Ignore that start time for Surrey vs Durham. It starts at 3.40 not 4.40.

Going to take one more outright before the tournament resumes. Almost took them before it started but the price is good despite their good start. 1pt ew Glamorgan to win Yorkshire Bank 40 20/1 BetVictor
Like this a lot. Per my indecisive musings above I thought they had a good chance of beating Yorks, think 20/1 is a cracking price for a sporting bet on the Dragons. :ok

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Wednesday preview: 4pts Kent to beat Nottinghamshire 6/4 Skybet I like Kent at the prices. One day cricket is so much about the bowling sides but this match appears to be priced up on the strength of the batting line ups. Even then I don’t think Kent are a million miles behind in that regard. The likes of Billings, Key, Nash and Stevens all have big runs in them but I much prefer the likes of Davies, Coles and Tredwell to the Nottinghamshire attack, Swann aside. At 6/4 Kent look good value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nottinghamshire-vs-kent-betting-kent-look-the-better-balanced-side-for-40-over-cricket-20130507

Re: Yorkshire Bank 40 2013 Might be a touch of rain about tonight so just taking the one. Not really been my competition so far... Nottinghamshire (Most 6's) vs Kent- 10/11 BetVictor- (5/10) Surprised to see the price on Notts here given the firepower of their top 6 or 7. In the likes of Hales, Lumb, Taylor, Wessels, Patel, Read, Mullaney and even Graham Swann who plays in this one, they have so many guys who can clear the ropes with ease. They know how Trent Bridge plays and so often we see Notts muster up big score on this ground. Kent have good batsman in their side as well, but they don't have anywhere near the number of players as Notts do who constantly hit maximums. Only Darren Stevens and Mat Coles you would argue are natural big hitters whilst the likes of Rob Key and Brendan Nash, who they rely on a bit to score runs are stroke makers. All in all, given the attacking nature of Notts' players, they look a good bet to hit the most maximums here.