** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 29 - May 5

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Tommy Robredo to win ATP Oeiras for a 0.5/10 stake at 21.00 with Stan James Back Julien Benneteau to win ATP Oeiras for a 0.5/10 stake at 51.00 with Stan James Tommy Robredo seems to be playing stunning tennis right now, so I think that it is fairly logical to back him at a price like this. Meanwhile, Julien Benneteau has a fairly acceptable draw early on, so this price looks ridiculous in all fairness, especially if you consider the fact that, unlike some of the other players, he is not going to be concerned about the next week's Masters event too much. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-oeiras-betting-some-of-the-underdogs-look-fairly-overpriced-over-in-oeiras-20130428 Back Carla Suarez-Navarro to win WTA Oeiras for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with BetVictor Carla Suarez-Navarro is one of those players that always seem to be there in these smaller events and she is coming into the tournament in a fine form, so these odds look worth it in all fairness. I certainly prefer her over the likes of Cibulkova (who is apparently having some health issues) and Goerges (who seems to be in a fairly poor nick right now) at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-oeiras-betting-carla-suarez-navarro-can-go-far-in-portugal-this-week-20130428

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Alejandro Falla to beat Andrey Kuznetsov for a 2/10 stake at 2.62 with Paddy Power I might obviously be missing something, but the truth is that I just cannot see any reasons for Kuznetsov being such a big favourite here. Falla is a very solid player from the back of the baseline, so he should provide the talented Russian with a stern test and there is every chance that he will not be able to cope with that task today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/falla-vs-kuznetsov-betting-alejandro-falla-looks-value-against-andrey-kuznetsov-20130429 Back Jurgen Melzer to beat Gael Monfils for a 2/10 stake at 1.86 with Pinnacle Is Monfils already back? Well, that is a question to which nobody knows the answer yet. However, his recent results seem to be pretty awkward and I think that he will have quite a few problems against Jurgen Melzer, who seems to be getting back to his best after producing some really good performances in Miami and Monte Carlo. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-monfils-betting-jurgen-melzer-should-be-too-strong-for-gael-monfils-this-time-around-20130429

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to win ATP BMW Open @ 8.00 >Betfair Kohlschreiber is defending champion this week, and although he hasn't looked at the top of his game recently, he's still been battling hard at times and picking up match wins. He made the third round in Monte-Carlo, losing to Nadal, and the semi-final last week in Barcelona, losing to Almagro. If he can build on that this week and find some extra form, I think he could win this tournament again. He will open against either Baghdatis or Korolev, and as Baghdatis hasn't been seen on the main tour since Indian Wells and this is Korolev's first main draw appearance of the season, Kohlschreiber should be able to make the quarter-final. He might play Youzhny for a place in the semi-final, and he has a strong record against the Russian who I thought was disappointing last week in Bucharest. Tipsarevic is seeded to be Kohlschreiber's opponent for a place in the final, and although Tipsarevic leads the h2h, his form has been poor for most of the season so far. If Kohlschreiber gets to the final, he might face Cilic in what would be a repeat of last year's title match. Kohlschreiber has a good record against Cilic on clay, and in conditions which he seems to enjoy, I think he might just spark to life and be too good for Cilic again in Munich.

Re: April 29 - May 5 Dolgopolov -1.5 Sets vs Stakhovsky 1.87 @ Bwin This match features Dolgopolov who is ranked 23 in the world and Stakhovsky who is ranked 96th in the world.Stakhovsky is a very poor clay court player in comparison to Dolgopolov he has won just 70 matches and lost 76 in his career on clay. Where as Dolgopolov has won 186 matches on clay to just 97 loses. So from this stat you can tell who is the better clay court player. Dolgopolov played very well against Del Potro in Monte Carlo where he lost 2 sets to 1 but Del Potro is a much better player than Stakhovsky. I believe Dolgopolov is a vastly improving playing and he should really win this comfortably if he plays even close to his potential. Stakhovsky plays the majority of his matches against poorer opponents and I think Dolgopolov will have to much power for him today. Stepanek + 3.5 Games v Youzhny This match features Stepanek ranked 48th in the world and Youzhny ranked 31st in the world.Stepanek play here in 2012 and reached the semi final before retiring against Davydenko. These two have never met each other on clay however the head to head favours Youzhny 4-2. Stepanek has the slightly better record on clay in his career winning 152 watches and losing 97 compared with Youzhny who has won 119 and lost 99. Stepanek has lost his last 3 matches but this should not be concluded as bad form as he lost to Gulbis who is in very good form and Ramos-Vinolas who is a good clay court player and finally Djokovic the number one ranked player in the world. However he performed well in his most recent match against the inform Gulbis where he took the first set to a tie break.Youzhny has not been in great form winning just 3 of his last 10 games against poor opponents such as Lu and Kavcic. Stepanek is no guaranteed win but I see alot of value in him today but I have chosen to go with the handicap market as it is a slightly safer bet. Despite his recent injury I feel he can beat Youzhny with a half decent performance today!

Re: April 29 - May 5 Lorenzi v Fognini - Fognini win @ Stan James - 1.44 This match features Lorenzi ranked 63rd in the world and Fognini ranked 25th in the world. The head to head records favours Fognini as he has won both of the matches these two have played against each other. Both of these matches were also on clay where Fognini won in straight sets on both occasions. Both players are relatively good on clay with good records on clay. Fognini is in some good form winning 4 of his last 5 matches and the match he lost was against Djokovic. Whilst beating Gasquet and Berdych in straight sets and Seppi 2-1. Lorenzi is also in good form but has recorded wins against much worst opponents such as Rufin, Desien and Cipolla. Lorenzi was poor in his first round match against Desein who's ranked 208th in the world, Lorenzi beat him 2 sets to 1 but played very poorly and if he was to play to a similar standard Fognini will beat him with ease. I feel Fognini is the much better player here and should win this in straight sets but I have gone with the safer bet of a straight win. Also I have placed the bet through Stan James which means if Fognini was to retire the bet will be void. Dolgopolov -1.5 Sets v Tursunov - Paddy power @ 2.1 This match features Tursunov who is ranked 58th in the world and Dolgopolov who is ranked 23rd in the world. Dolgopolov has been in some real good form recently and he showed that yesterday against Stakhovsky with a straight set win. Dolgopolov is proving himself to be a very good clay court player winning 187 matches and losing just 97 in his career. He won with ease yesterday against Satkhovsky and looked really comfortable on this surface and I expect him to do the exact same today! Tursunov may have got some good wins recently on clay including a 2-1 win over Ferrer. However Ferrer is in very poor form and doesn't seem to be with it at the moment! Tursunov also has a poor record on clay and it is certainly not his favourite surface winning just 41 matches on clay whilst losing 46 matches. Dolgopolov is certainly the better player and if he plays half decent im sure he will win this in straight sets! Also Czech do you not think that Dolgopolov has a decent chance in Germany this week? Certainly worth an each way bet at odds of 13 @ StanJames in my opinion!

Re: April 29 - May 5 There seems to be something lurking in the air concerning the Fognini/Lorenzi match up which I really cannot fully put my hands on. I just know in my heart as much as I have pondered over it that there is a big danger sign regarding the outcome. The h2h may favor Fognini, but the circumstances may conflict with that favor. Apart from it being a tasty Italian derby to look forward to, there is also the obvious fact that Lorenzi has suddenly become a better player in his latter years. He reached his highest ranking of 49 only this year and is certainly fresher than a tired Fognini. It will certainly be a superhuman effort for Fognini to win in two, that is even if he wins at all. Lorenzi in 2 or 3 sets for me!

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Urszula Radwanska to beat Ayumi Morita for a 2/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Not only do I rate Radwanska as the classier player of the two, I also think that she produced a really good performance in the first round. Cibulkova was fighting back in the deciding set and things were looking gloomy for Radwanska, but she stayed put and defeated the favourite in the end. A similar performance today should see her through to the next round - and I think that she will indeed be able to produce such a performance. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/radwanska-vs-morita-betting-urszula-radwanska-to-produce-yet-another-solid-performance-in-oeiras-20130501 Back Monica Puig to beat Francesca Schiavone for a 2/10 stake at 3.15 with Pinnacle Francesca Schiavone might be in for a really tough match today in my opinion. First of all, Puig is a very talented player and she also seems to be playing really well right now. Secondly, fatigue might also play a role in Schiavone's performance today. After all, there is a much bigger tournament on the cards next week and a good result in Oeiras would definitely hinder her chances, especially if you also take the tiring week in Marrakech into consideration. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/puig-vs-schiavone-betting-monica-puig-might-have-a-chance-against-the-tired-italian-20130501

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Grega Zemlja to beat Janko Tipsarevic for a 2/10 stake at 3.33 with Pinnacle Janko Tipsarevic might easily find himself in a spot of bother. First of all, Zemlja is a fairly decent player that has already beaten him on one occasion, so a win here is not guaranteed by any means. Furthermore, the Serb simply is not playing his best tennis right now and has a much bigger tournament to perform in next week, so there is every chance that he won't be fully focused on the task at hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zemlja-vs-tipsarevic-betting-grega-zemlja-can-upset-janko-tipsarevic-in-munich-20130502 Back Albert Ramos to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 2/10 stake at 4.10 with Pinnacle Wawrinka has not played since the Monte Carlo Masters, so we don't know anything about his current form. Moreover, this will be his first match in Oeiras this year, so he might have some problems with the conditions (which are quite tough by all accounts). The H2H record might stand at 3-0 in his favour, but all three matches were very tight, so, given everything, this price definitely looks a touch high to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ramos-vs-wawrinka-betting-albert-ramos-looks-set-to-go-well-against-the-swiss-number-two-20130502

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Ivan Dodig to beat Aleksandr Dolgopolov for a 2/10 stake at 3.00 with William Hill I was expecting something around 2.50 here, so this price looks worth taking. Dolgopolov is obviously the more talented lad of the two, but he did have some problems against Tursunov in the last round. Meanwhile, Dodig simply crushed both Davydenko and Cilic, so you simply have to give him some credit for playing well right now - and perhaps even more than the bookies are giving him at the moment. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-dolgopolov-betting-the-croat-can-continue-his-run-of-good-form-in-munich-20130502 Back Victor Hanescu to beat David Ferrer for a 1/10 stake at 9.95 with Pinnacle Of course, there is every chance that David Ferrer will simply come out and defeat Hanescu in two easy sets. However, that is a risk that I am willing to accept at these odds. The truth is that you could easily argue that the Romanian has been the better player of the two in the most recent days - and, with that in mind, this price is certainly worth a small punt today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hanescu-vs-ferrer-betting-victor-hanescu-should-get-quite-a-few-chances-against-the-world-s-number-four-20130502

Re: April 29 - May 5 Hey guys! Some picks from my home town Munich, where I have been watching some decent tennis these days: Back Philipp Kohlschreiber (-3,5 games) to beat Victor Troicki. 1,87 @ pinnacle (7/10) Kohlschreiber is defending champion here in Munich and already showed some decent stuff these days. He totally crashed Koroley on Wednesday, the result could have been clearer than it was. Troicki has beaten Stepanek, but that doesn´t mean too much as the Czech isn´t on the level of former days and has never been a clay-courter. Kohlschreibers biggest failure is his inconsistency, some would say his game fixing. But in Munich he is always very focused. I suppose Kohlschreiber to crush Troicki here. Back Tommy Haas (-3,5 games) to beat Florian Meyer. 1,80 @ marathonbet (10/10). Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Tommy isn´t the clay court lover at all, but these days he is simply two levels above a Mayer, who is completely out of form. His game against Matosevic was a freak show today, a contest of who will make more unforced errors. Tommy had to fight against Gulbis, played pretty well and will face a much weaker opponent tomorrow. Back Ivan Dodig to beat Alexandr Dolgopolov. 3,00 @ pinnacle (6/10). In normal conditions, Dolgo has to win, especially on a clay court. But I am not sure as far as the match tomorrow is concerned. I´m afraid I didn´t see Dolgo´s game against Tursunov (due to enjoying Haas/Stepanek having some fun in their double), but the result wasn´t impressive. Two ti-breaks. Dodig on the other hand has won easily against Cilic, but to be fair, Cilic was not on the court at all. I have rarely seen any player being so - I don´t know the English word, in Bavaria you call it "lätschern" - a bag of rice would have moved better. But Dodig himself was quite impressive though. He didn´t make unforced errors, served well, returned well and moved well. He seems to be motivated enough to keep on his run here in Munich against Dolgo. :hope I also take: Haas vs Mayer under 8,5 games in first set. 4,20 @ bwin (2,5/10) Kohlschreiber vs. Troicki under 8,5 games in first set. 4,00 @ bwin (2,5/10) Treble: Haas (-3,5 games) + Kohlschreiber (-3,5 games) + Dodig (+3,5 games). 6,89 @ marathonbet (2/10)

Re: April 29 - May 5 Dolgopolov vs Dodig On the men's side of things every match just has the feeling of looking easily predictable, and this poses a real challenge to the punter. Let's face it, there is always that unsuspecting awkward match daily that ends up messing up the parlays of many nationwide. This is a match I feel must be assessed carefully. The question is was Dolgo playing badly against Headcase Tursunov or was Tursunov playing reasonably well? The head to head might be 1-0 Dodig, however that was on hard courts. I strongly feel Dolgo fully zoned in on clay will be too much for Dodig, especially with the slices and varying spins. Dolgo reminds me of Oprandi, hard to match their body language to the level of intensity in play. Sometimes they both look disinterested interested; Dolgo might just rubish the form of Dodig and move into overdrive without notice. Good luck!!!!!!

Re: April 29 - May 5 Seppi to beat Ferrer. ML and +4,5 games. 3/10 and 9/10. 5,37 and 2,07. (Pinnacle) Man, don’t get me started about Ferrer. After his injury he’s been very poor. What’s normally his strong suit is a weakness right now. He’s been far from being solid and I feel he’s making a truckload of errors. It could be that he’s still hurt or he’s mentally not a hundred percent. If it was not for the incapability of Roger-Vasselin and Hanescu to finish Ferrer, the Spaniard would have definitely been knocked out. Normally you could rely on top guns like Ferrer to grow into the tournament and upping their games in rounds to come. However I haven’t seen any signs of that in the match against Hanescu and I just feel Ferrer needs a lot of training hours the following days in preparation for the two Masters tournaments coming up. Seppi however has been really showing signs of his return to his old level. He’s been playing a lot better the last two matches compared to the weeks before that and I think he’s up for the task in creating a big upset. Seppi will feel comfortable in his role as the dominator and will move Ferrer well around the court. Normally that would be alright for Ferrer as like everyone knows, he’s comfortable in the defence. But I think it’s going to be different tomorrow and Ferrer will be working hard like always, but he’s not going to be able to have Seppi hit that extra ball every single time again. Seppi is playing with confidence and if he can keep his errors down he’s definitely has a great chance to beat Ferrer. Odds wise the Money Line has great value and the handicap is a must take for me. Fingers crossed. Brands to beat Kohlschreiber 2,8 for a 5/10 stake with Pinnacle. Brands really had me surprised today beating world #10 Janko Tipsarevic. I’ve been quite pessimistic with the German in the past, but he’s certainly upped his game this year and will be knocking on the top 35 door really soon. After handing a bagel to Monfils in the deciding set, he went on playing at the top of his game against Tipsa. Great serving accompanied with heavy and sharp ground strokes. However, I was most impressed with the great movement the 1.96 meter tree on the red clay. I was constantly waiting for Tipsarevic to take over momentum because I didn’t expect Brands to keep his game high and waited for him to make a series of unforced errors. However he managed to keep the tally on those errors quite low, resulting in a great win for the local German. Surely his support won’t be as big as he’s had today, obviously because there’s another German on the opposite side of the court. Kohlschreiber had a decent win over Troicki, but his showing certainly wasn’t what I expected from him. His ground strokes weren’t as punchy as I would have expected. Also they lacked depth and angle in a lot of rallies. If his strokes don’t pack a punch and lack the earlier mentioned depth and angle, Brands will have momentum during every rally, picking up balls half court and pushing Kohlschreiber deep in the backcourt as he did with Tipsarevic today. My arguments definitely look like Brands is a sure thing, so I should have to tone that down a bit. Kohlschreiber is obviously the favourite in this game, but I really think Brands has a legitimate chance on creating an upset and at these odds, value is definitely on the big guy. Dodig (+3.5 games) to beat Haas. 2.31 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Bookies have Dodig underrated in this one. I have no illusions that he could clinch this match, Haas is just too good if you ask me. Dodig has beaten some impressive names: Davydenko, Cilic and Dolgopolov have all been slain by the Croat and he’ll have to step up again if he wants to beat Haas. This week however, he’s been serving really well, moving well around court and has the form to hit balls with confidence, finding the line every time. Today Haas had a match to catch some rhythm. After a patchy start he started to play more on the level he’s working to and dismantled his fellow countryman Mayer relatively easy. I’m expecting quite a slugfest and some hard hitting, which is a better match-up for Dodig than versus a real clay specialist. Dodig is far more vulnerable with heavy top spins but he’ll be facing much more flat groundstrokes. Haas had trouble dismantling Dodig earlier this year in Delray Beach, I’m giving Dodig a good shot at clinching a set tomorrow.

Re: April 29 - May 5

Hey guys! Some picks from my home town Munich, where I have been watching some decent tennis these days: Back Philipp Kohlschreiber (-3,5 games) to beat Victor Troicki. 1,87 @ pinnacle (7/10) Kohlschreiber is defending champion here in Munich and already showed some decent stuff these days. He totally crashed Koroley on Wednesday, the result could have been clearer than it was. Troicki has beaten Stepanek, but that doesn´t mean too much as the Czech isn´t on the level of former days and has never been a clay-courter. Kohlschreibers biggest failure is his inconsistency, some would say his game fixing. But in Munich he is always very focused. I suppose Kohlschreiber to crush Troicki here. Back Tommy Haas (-3,5 games) to beat Florian Meyer. 1,80 @ marathonbet (10/10). Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Tommy isn´t the clay court lover at all, but these days he is simply two levels above a Mayer, who is completely out of form. His game against Matosevic was a freak show today, a contest of who will make more unforced errors. Tommy had to fight against Gulbis, played pretty well and will face a much weaker opponent tomorrow. Back Ivan Dodig to beat Alexandr Dolgopolov. 3,00 @ pinnacle (6/10). In normal conditions, Dolgo has to win, especially on a clay court. But I am not sure as far as the match tomorrow is concerned. I´m afraid I didn´t see Dolgo´s game against Tursunov (due to enjoying Haas/Stepanek having some fun in their double), but the result wasn´t impressive. Two ti-breaks. Dodig on the other hand has won easily against Cilic, but to be fair, Cilic was not on the court at all. I have rarely seen any player being so - I don´t know the English word, in Bavaria you call it "lätschern" - a bag of rice would have moved better. But Dodig himself was quite impressive though. He didn´t make unforced errors, served well, returned well and moved well. He seems to be motivated enough to keep on his run here in Munich against Dolgo. :hope I also take: Haas vs Mayer under 8,5 games in first set. 4,20 @ bwin (2,5/10) Kohlschreiber vs. Troicki under 8,5 games in first set. 4,00 @ bwin (2,5/10) Treble: Haas (-3,5 games) + Kohlschreiber (-3,5 games) + Dodig (+3,5 games). 6,89 @ marathonbet (2/10)
+ 30 units :clap Haas d. Mayer 6:4 6:1 Dodig d. Dolgopolov 6:4 6:4 Kohlschreiber d. Troicki 6:3 7:6

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Ivan Dodig to beat Tommy Haas for a 2/10 stake at 3.67 with Pinnacle Ivan Dodig is on fire in Munich and I can definitely see him having a few chances against Haas as well. The German is the better player of the two overall, but he sometimes struggles a little bit when it comes to clay and he doesn't seem to be at his very best right now, so the price on Dodig looks a touch high here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dodig-vs-haas-betting-ivan-dodig-should-be-able-to-produce-yet-another-classy-performance-in-munich-20130504 Back Andreas Seppi to beat David Ferrer for a 1/10 stake at 5.49 with Pinnacle What I said yesterday about David Ferrer still holds true even after his victory against Hanescu, who could have easily beaten him in all fairness. Andreas Seppi will be yet another step up in terms of quality and I can see him getting the job done today, as he seems to be playing fairly solid tennis right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/seppi-vs-ferrer-betting-going-against-the-world-s-number-four-once-again-looks-like-a-good-idea-20130504

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Tommy Haas (-3,5 games) to beat Ivan Dodig. 1,83 @ marathonbet (5/10). It´s difficult to bet against you guys, but I cannot resist here. First, Haas is the better player. None of them are clay courters, Dodig even more. I´ve watched both of them two-three times this week live in Munich, and I fancy Haas here. For sure, Dodig had some decent results in Munich, but you shouldn´t overrate them. I didn´t see his game against Davydenko, but I´ve seen him against Cilic and Dolgopolov. As I already said yesterday, Cilic was like bag of rice, and Dodig has beaten him quite comfortably. Dolgopolov yesterday simply made too many unforced errors. His stops often got caught at the top of the net, his slices hadn´t had the pace that they normally have, and the most time Dolgo was fighting against himself, always complaining about this and that. Dodig was solid, but nothing more. In the second set Dodig got the early break, but from then on Dolgo was a bit more focused and improved his game. But Dodig managed to hold this break, although Dolgo was the better player in the rest of the set, even when it came to baseline rallies. Dolgo could have had a decent number of chances, but either he failed or Dodig served an ace. I don´t think Dodig´s serve is today as good as it was yesterday. Tommy on the other hand has beaten Mayer quite easiliy, that means nothing. But what you have to take into consideration is that Mayer performed far better than expected, especially in the first set. So Tommy had to fight and play some good tennis. And he did. He was totally focused in every second as he will be today. The crowd will cheer for him, that´s for sure. I´ll take the 1,83 on this hc line. Back Daniel Brands to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber. 2,56 @ marathonbet (5/10) I agree here. Kohlschreiber wasn´t very good. He lacked depth and spin in his shots, and the court was quite blunt (is that the right word?) as it will be today, which favores Brands, because the balls don´t hit that high and Kohli´s spin is equalized. Brands plays some nice tennis these days, hitting the balls early on, moving very well and serving as he always does. That should be even.

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Tommy Haas (-2,5 games) to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber. 1.90 @ marathonbet (10/10). Cannot believe this line. Imagined it would be around -4,5 games or something like that. Tommy is better, more consistent, more relaxed, and he will win his first BMW Open title tomorrow. Anything else would be quite a surprise.

Re: April 29 - May 5 Back Stanislas Wawrinka to beat David Ferrer for a 2/10 stake at 3.12 with Pinnacle I am obviously not overly ecstatic about going against someone like Ferrer for the third time in a row, but I still think that this is a bet worth taking. The point is that the result of the Seppi-Ferrer match is fairly misleading in my opinion. The problem that Seppi had was that he couldn't finish points off in any efficient manner. And, well, his first serve was also as poor as it could possibly be. Wawrinka shouldn't have such problems - and that should allow him to get under Ferrer's skin. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-ferrer-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-looks-value-against-david-ferrer-in-oeiras-20130505

Re: April 29 - May 5

Back Tommy Haas (-3' date=5 games) to beat Ivan Dodig. 1,83 @ marathonbet (5/10). It´s difficult to bet against you guys, but I cannot resist here. First, Haas is the better player. None of them are clay courters, Dodig even more. I´ve watched both of them two-three times this week live in Munich, and I fancy Haas here. For sure, Dodig had some decent results in Munich, but you shouldn´t overrate them. I didn´t see his game against Davydenko, but I´ve seen him against Cilic and Dolgopolov. As I already said yesterday, Cilic was like bag of rice, and Dodig has beaten him quite comfortably. Dolgopolov yesterday simply made too many unforced errors. His stops often got caught at the top of the net, his slices hadn´t had the pace that they normally have, and the most time Dolgo was fighting against himself, always complaining about this and that. Dodig was solid, but nothing more. In the second set Dodig got the early break, but from then on Dolgo was a bit more focused and improved his game. But Dodig managed to hold this break, although Dolgo was the better player in the rest of the set, even when it came to baseline rallies. Dolgo could have had a decent number of chances, but either he failed or Dodig served an ace. I don´t think Dodig´s serve is today as good as it was yesterday. Tommy on the other hand has beaten Mayer quite easiliy, that means nothing. But what you have to take into consideration is that Mayer performed far better than expected, especially in the first set. So Tommy had to fight and play some good tennis. And he did. He was totally focused in every second as he will be today. The crowd will cheer for him, that´s for sure. I´ll take the 1,83 on this hc line. Back Daniel Brands to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber. 2,56 @ marathonbet (5/10) I agree here. Kohlschreiber wasn´t very good. He lacked depth and spin in his shots, and the court was quite blunt (is that the right word?) as it will be today, which favores Brands, because the balls don´t hit that high and Kohli´s spin is equalized. Brands plays some nice tennis these days, hitting the balls early on, moving very well and serving as he always does. That should be even. Back Tommy Haas (-2,5 games) to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber. 1.90 @ marathonbet (10/10). Cannot believe this line. Imagined it would be around -4,5 games or something like that. Tommy is better, more consistent, more relaxed, and he will win his first BMW Open title tomorrow. Anything else would be quite a surprise.
Haas d. Dodig 6:4 6:3 Kohlschreiber d. Brands 6:7 6:3 7:6 Haas d. Kohlschreiber 6:3 7:6 + 8 EH Nice week. C´mon Tommy :ok