** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.14 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Lewandowski and his men equipped and ready to end Real Madrid's title hopes Star striker Robert Lewandowski crushed the most valuable football club, Real Madrid with his record-breaking performance in the first leg of UEFA Champions League semifinals in Dortmund, Germany. The 24-year old Polish footballer scored all four goals for Borussia Dortmund that took a huge step toward reaching the club's second Champions League final. After making a huge announcement to sign with Bayern Munich in summer, Mario Gotze saw an early opening and made a blistering asssist to Lewandowski who scored his first goal at the 8th minute. However, the Spanish side won't back down as Cristiano Ronaldo made an equalizer to a pass coming from Higuain two minutes before ending the first half. As Real expected to have already established themselves, a wonderful run by Reus to Lewandowski five minutes from opening the second half shocked Los Blancos – finding themselves down by a goal at the 50th minute. The Black Yellows continued to play more aggressive physically and tougher mentally despite being in the driver's seat in the second half. With a lot of counter-attacking and possessions for BVB, the streaking Lewandowski managed to record his own hat-trick at the 55th minute of the match. Just like that, the third year man from Dortmund made history as the first to score a hat-trick against Real Madrid in the Champions League. It wasn't enough for Lewandowski for he recorded his fourth goal at the penalty area at the 66th minute to seal a huge victory over the highly-favored Real Madrid. Now that the tides will turn to Real Madrid, Jose Mourinho and his squad will be facing an almost impossible task of beating The Black Yellows in their own soil at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid. It is important to note that Real Madrid haven't won against Borussia Dortmund in the Group Stages and up to this time in Champions League. With Mourinho saying that they prepared for the game so well, what should be the adjustments for Real to advance to the finals? They should score atleast four goals and play solid defense to prevent an away goal. All Real booters should play their best performances of their careers. The first leg went big for the Bundesliga teams. For this second leg, we gonna see a resurgence La Liga squads. Real Madrid to qualify to the next round @ 5.22 (Pinnacle) Total GOAL Over 3.5 @ 2.05 (Bwin)

The only bet I am possibly interested in here is the corners markets. Something like Madrid to win the race to 5 corners. Waiting to see the prices of course. It's obvious Madrid will be going all out attack from the start. While I don't think Dortmund to park the bus full stop. I do expect Madrid to be on the front foot. I would be looking at them to win a race, or maybe first half corners, rather than a 90 min handicap. Reason being depending on how the game progresses, Madrid may lose hope. But they should be fully motivated for the first half at least. As I said, totally depending on prices which should be out later this afternoon.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April

Correct. Almost impossible. Do you really think backing an almost impossible task at 5.22 is a good bet? Just curious. I might be tempted to have a punt on Madrid at 25/1, but I personally 4/1 is ludicrous. But not as ludicrous as the insane 3/1 Paddy Power are currently quoting on Real Madrid to qualify. :lol I also think goals will be complicated too. Madrid created almost nothing in the first leg, and Dortmund will be playing defensively on the counter. Under 3.5 goals is the definite value here at 4/5 with several bookies. That's where my monies go.
Basing your pick on the performance of a team in just one game is often a recipe for trouble. I don't know if you follow La Liga, but if you did, you would know that Real away and Real at home are two completely different things. Without even checking, I can at the moment recall at least 5 games this season, when Real could barely create a single goal-scoring chance away from home - Osasuna, Getafe, Granada, Betis, Sevilla...So, what happened at Dortmund is not so much out of the ordinary, given the poor away form of Real throughout the whole season.In contrast, at Bernabeu Real very rarely fails to score at least 3 goals. I am pretty sure that Real will nick at least 2 tomorrow and they won't manage to keep a clean sheet (they so rarely do, even against low ranked Spanish teams, and Borussia almost never fails to score at least a goal). So, three goals is the minimum that I expect. At the current odds (around 1.90 for over 3.5 and around 1.80 for under 3.5), clearly over 3.5 goals is the value. At least in my opinion.

Anybody believe in a win of Real or it's just me? I think they will crash BD at home.
Real at home are a totally different team, and I definitely think they have a decent chance of winning this game. It's a lot to ask of them to actually qualify but they are not going to just wither away and go down without a whisper. Dortmund playing defensively will be expected and Mourinho will be red with anger after seeing his team soundly beaten in the first leg. Home advantage and the "Mourinho effect" will be all telling here. I see lots of goals, and a win/draw scenario for Real a distinct possibility. I mean look at the form for both teams considering just Real at home and Dortmund away; Real at Home last 12 games: 10 wins, 2 draws, no losses, 36 goals, 8 conceded. Dortmund away last 12 games: 6 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses, 25 goals, 14 conceded. So if we average those out for a calculated result, then it would be 3-2 in Real Madrid's favour... Looking at the odds, the bookies are not commital to any particular group of results and are not giving away too much. So based on the previous encounters, the home/away form and the fact that Real Madrid will be expected to all out attack here; I can see these events unfolding... Both To Score (Yes) Over 10 corners FT Over 2.5 Goals FT Over 3.5 Goals FT Over 4.5 Goals FT And I am very confident about those too, both teams to score twice and then it's anybodies game. Real know they cannot rely on away goals unless they keep a clean sheet but also that this won't matter since they need to score 5 anyway! They will just be looking to get into Dortmund good and early and get a few goals in the first half, then it's game on. I do think Dortmund will have to fail miserably if Real are to qualify, but Real are decent and Dortmund were flattered at 4-1 so I think this is going to be a very eventful game with many goals, and corners, and cards. Definitely a good match for betting! Good luck gents...

This will be the fourth time Madrid have played Dortmund and they haven't come close to beating them so far. Yes two of those were away' date=' but they have been completely outclassed in every meeting. Dortmund just needs to keep things as tight as possible and they have the capability to do that. This definitely won't be as open as their previous meetings this season, and definitely not as open as the first leg. We'll see anyway. A lot of money will go on goals again for sure. I'm happy to be under 3.5 and confident I'll be on the winning side on Tuesday night, and you'll be losing with most of the other punters backing a load of goals.[/quote'] Glad you're so over-confident with your choice. It is your reasoning, mate, but I personally won't be so confident if all my logic behind the bet is summed up in one argument - "Borussia needs to keep things tight and they can do it".

Love the over confidence. Anybody who bets on unders in this game deserves to get burnt. Your basically backing against everything that has happened this season in the champions league. Head to head 3 times and over 3.5 every time. Dortmund leak goals badly in the bundesliga and there really isn't any evidence that they can keep it tight. Natural instincts of Dortmund will take over and I expect they will score at least 1 and concede 2 or 3. Real Madrid needing to score heavily is something we haven't really seen to much but I'm guessing scoring won't be the problem for them I just don't think they can keep a clean sheet needing 3 goals to win the tie.

Anybody believe in a win of Real or it's just me? I think they will crash BD at home.
I think they are very likely to win - because they have to win by at least 3 goals, and ultimately Dortmund know they are through as they don't lose by more than 2. Dortmund would be delighted to lose, say, 2-1. Current odds of 1.62 on the Real win equate to a 62% chance (1/1.62), and I think they have slightly more than a 62% chance (I'd put it at around 70%), so 1.62 gives some value, but not a huge amount.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Agree with Fedar and Sensei in relation to goals. These are two teams that have better attacks than defences and their dna is programmed for them to score goals. Dortmund I don't think can afford to sit back and defend, it would be alot safer for them to score goals in my opinion. This is because I just don't think that Subotic and Hummels are world class defenders. They weren't really tested in Germany because Madrid were so poor. But those two along with the keeper don't assure me. Mourinho himself was saying to the press how "if we score very early then we only need to score 2" so no secrets there. We have to imagine the atmosphere in Spain. A lot of anger and a hot atmosphere with players trying to provoke each other all game to gain an advantage. I can see cards and penalties here as well which I think ultimately will materialise into goals.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April last week I won the Real Madrid vs B. Dortmund yes/no coupon and today I am going to try it once again. 16/1 is great odds(if you play one selection as a double) and I have been on a streak on those coupons so why not :D Will it be over 3.5 goals? Yes. I have to agree that this was one is a bit tricky, but as Fedar has pointed out we can expect at least three goals in this game. There is no major conspiracy and Asian bookies fixing the game under that people will lose their money :D But generally even if Real lead 2:1 in the last half an hour they are going to leave plenty of spaces for Borussia to counter-attack and score. I can see this game going 3:1/4:1/4:2 or 2:2, but 2:0/1:1/1:0 are impossible results IMO so that's why I am willing to go for over 3.5 because Real are going to push it to the limit and Borussia will have their chances on the counters. (2:1 and 3:0 seem barely plausible though) Will Cristiano Ronaldo score at anytime? Yes. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals than games he has played for Real, last week when Higuain passed for the goal we saw that the whole team and attack has complete confidence in Ronaldo and overall he had the best chances for Real overall. Will it be a draw after 30 minutes? No. Real Madrid and Mourinho have terrible stats away in Germany, but at home it is going to be completely different. Quick example Real - Bayern Munich same stage last year, after a terrible first game where Real had barely 2 chances, in the second game Real Madrid missed to win the tournament imo after they scored 2 goals in the first 20 minutes and then Mourinho turned the defensive mode(he is no more in Inter, wtf). So yeah I expect Real to lead in the first 30 minutes and most probably from some cross because those that watched B. Dortmund's game against Malaga saw how vulnerable they were in crosses, a free-kick, corner or whatever hah One more thing last week IMO Mourinho made a huge mistake by playing his best CAM - Ozil on the left wing not his natural position, a player that had more assists last year than Xavi and Iniesta combined, and leaving Di Maria on the bench probably one of their most consistent players in the last 3 seasons and a constant thread on the wing, so this time I don't think he will make those mistakes and play his best attacking formation. Last yellow card shown to B. Dortmund player? Yes. I almost lost last week if it wasn't Ramos getting pissed off in extra time. I backed last yellow for Real, because of the stats in the CL games, but in the first 2 games between Real and Borussia, Borussia got the first yellow and I expect they to be the most deffening team in the game and Borussia don't have any players that can miss the final for 3 yellow cards, probably Klop is going to advice them to watch out and not get yellow in the first half in order to reduce the risk of red. The main risk is a counter in the last 20 minutes by Borussia that desperately needs to be stopped by Real, I am still considering if I should try this one both ways.. but probably not. Will Real Madrid make the first sub? Yes. Generally Real Madrid have a deeper squad, more options to shift the game and make the first sub, while Borussia have a core squad that they keep for the most of the game. Real Madrid won't lead 4:0 at half time I can say that for sure so we can expect Mou to make the first move by substituting some underperforming attacking player. B. Dortmund have made the first sub in CL only 3/11 cases, and I believe the chance for a injury is higher in Real Madrid's squad because Mourinho exhausts his players. Will a red card be given, a penalty awarded or a direct free kick be scored? Yes and No.This one is complete luck, who knows Ronaldo might score a free kick or Pepe is going to kill somebody on the stadium :D or nothing like it still I think the chance is higher for a Yes because referees push Real this year and after the ridiculous penalty(hand ball by Reus) in the first game subconsciously they will want to give them a penalty as well hah Good luck :) Disclaimer: I don't have a favorite team from these two,even though I might sound a bit like Madridista, I really like Borussia's passionate team play, and I would like to see them both on the final ;)

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April 4pts Over 3.5 goals 11/10 Stan James I can’t see how we don’t get goals in this match. Madrid have to score three times to have any chance of winning the match while Dortmund can just exploit the gaps Madrid will have to leave as they try and get back into the tie. Dortmund looked like they could score at will in the first leg and that could be the case here. Madrid will throw the kitchen sink at it, that’s Mourinho’s style so we should see goals in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-borussia-durtmund-betting-expect-to-see-goals-at-the-bernabeu-20130430

Lewandowski and his men equipped and ready to end Real Madrid's title hopes Star striker Robert Lewandowski crushed the most valuable football club, Real Madrid with his record-breaking performance in the first leg of UEFA Champions League semifinals in Dortmund, Germany. The 24-year old Polish footballer scored all four goals for Borussia Dortmund that took a huge step toward reaching the club's second Champions League final. After making a huge announcement to sign with Bayern Munich in summer, Mario Gotze saw an early opening and made a blistering asssist to Lewandowski who scored his first goal at the 8th minute. However, the Spanish side won't back down as Cristiano Ronaldo made an equalizer to a pass coming from Higuain two minutes before ending the first half. As Real expected to have already established themselves, a wonderful run by Reus to Lewandowski five minutes from opening the second half shocked Los Blancos – finding themselves down by a goal at the 50th minute. The Black Yellows continued to play more aggressive physically and tougher mentally despite being in the driver's seat in the second half. With a lot of counter-attacking and possessions for BVB, the streaking Lewandowski managed to record his own hat-trick at the 55th minute of the match. Just like that, the third year man from Dortmund made history as the first to score a hat-trick against Real Madrid in the Champions League. It wasn't enough for Lewandowski for he recorded his fourth goal at the penalty area at the 66th minute to seal a huge victory over the highly-favored Real Madrid. Now that the tides will turn to Real Madrid, Jose Mourinho and his squad will be facing an almost impossible task of beating The Black Yellows in their own soil at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid. It is important to note that Real Madrid haven't won against Borussia Dortmund in the Group Stages and up to this time in Champions League. With Mourinho saying that they prepared for the game so well, what should be the adjustments for Real to advance to the finals? They should score atleast four goals and play solid defense to prevent an away goal. All Real booters should play their best performances of their careers. The first leg went big for the Bundesliga teams. For this second leg, we gonna see a resurgence La Liga squads. Real Madrid to qualify to the next round @ 5.22 (Pinnacle) Total GOAL Over 3.5 @ 2.05 (Bwin)
Hi ;) you can take the correct score 3-0 @13.00 on betonline (very very small stake) for cover your over GL Anyway Me im on the +3.5 @2.04 // The DRAW @4.00 // and the correct score 2-2 and 3-0 FT boths @13.00 and all on betonline i see many goals too , Dortmund have for me 75% chance to be at final .. BUT we dont know Real is a very big team and at home they can easily beat Dortmund 3-0 if they are very focus i think dortmund gone play on counter , if they score 1 goal they gone definitely erased the Real's chance

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Real Madrid and Dortmund are both counter attacking direct teams. Real were stupid to let Borussia play on the counter in germany even when real were the AWAY TEAM!!! Now Madrid need 3 goals and so Dortmund have the advantage of playing on the counter AGAIN!

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Odds are crazy for this game. We all have seen previous meetings between those two teams and therefore know which team is a better one. It's obviously Dortmund and they can play their quick counterattacking game again, as Real have to push for goals. If Real will not score a quick goal, I can see them getting nervous and starting committing fouls - wouldn;t be surprised if one of Real players get a red card in this game Odds around 6 for Dortmund win represent huge value and I will certainly try to go for it. I was thinking about taking over 3,5 as well, but odds are too low atm.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Real Madrid to score in both halves - 1.90 / Paddy Power Like this bet a lot. Real Madrid will have to go for it and look for the early goal, and will likely still be chasing in the second half. This bet would have paid out in the last two fixtures and with more attacking motivation for Real Madrid to go out looking for goals early I'd say that a shade under evens represents a pretty decent price.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Anybody thinking Ronaldo to score? I think its a bet value. some odds are really great on him. Ronaldo to score 1.65 Ronaldo to score 2X 4.2 I think this game will be a Ronaldo game. And I strongly beleive that Messi will also score tomorrow These two would be a good accumulator? What do you guys think???

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April This is the game Dortmund usually love to play. They are probably the best counterattacking team in Europe atm. A few quick passes and they score. Real know that they need at least a 3-0 win and that should leave plenty of room for Dortmund's lethal counterattacks. Should/Could be a goal fest. Over 3.5 goals looks nice.

............... Let's also consider the Manchester United tie this year. In the second leg, Madrid needed goals and they were not creating anything in the first 60 minutes. They didn't look like scoring - United had everything under control. Nani got sent off and it turned the game around. But while it was 11v11 Madrid were worse than useless. They were as bad as they were in Dortmund last week. .
You continue to make very weird analogies, which lead to weird assumptions. How can you possibly compare a game at Old Trafford against Man Un, where Real need just a single goal, even if it is scored in the last minute, with a game at Bernabeu against Dortmund, where Real need three goals?! And you simply refuse to try to understand that Real at home and Real away are two entirely different teams. You still compare away games of Real and their conduct there, and make conclusions regarding a home game at Bernabeu. For me the choice between over3.5 and under 3.5 is straightforward here and it is not a crowd mentality and jumping on the bandwagon with other punters. It is just comparing odds with such evidence as recent stats, circumstances surrounding this particular game (Real needing to score 3) and knowledge about both teams. I am sure that chances of over 3.5 are bigger than chances of under 3.5, however prices are reversed. This is called value, at least from my perspective. It would make sense to bet on under 3.5 if it was something like 2.30-2.40, but at 1.80 it is a poor decision, even if it comes through. Anyway, if I were you and I believed so much that the game will be very tight, I would go for Under 2.5, because that's where the value stays, if we assume a tight game. Under 3.5 is a relatively poor coefficient, coupled with high risk. Better go for Under 2.5, because you at least get a decent reward for the risk you're taking. And if you turn right and the game is very tight indeed, then the chances of Under 2.5 are not much smaller than the chances of Under 3.5, but the price difference is just enormous.

Anybody thinking Ronaldo to score? I think its a bet value. some odds are really great on him. Ronaldo to score 1.65 Ronaldo to score 2X 4.2 I think this game will be a Ronaldo game. And I strongly beleive that Messi will also score tomorrow These two would be a good accumulator? What do you guys think???
Ronaldo will surely Score, but in tempobet its odd is only 1.29 Where do you bet on ? Here Ronaldo's odds are too low .

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April I'm never too keen on backing over 3.5 or similar in any game as it all depends on how the game starts, and you can probably get a gut feel for how the game is going to go in the first 15 minutes or so, for it to come in I think we need Real to come flying out of the traps like we used to see a lot last season, I do wonder if this side still has the same hunger, they desperately need better strikers, Higuain and Benzema are not anywhere near good enough for a side of Real's quality, this will be the area they should reinforce in the summer. You can't deny the pedigree of this game to have goals in it though. I think backing over 3.5 is as much a bet on Madrid as anything else, if they aren't gelling further up the field it doesn't have much hope of coming in, I personally think there will be 3 or 4 goals in the game with Dortmund getting at least 1 of these. It does need that early goal though, thats the key for all the goal bets tonight as if Madrid get it they will really have something to target and Dortmund will find it easier to exploit them on the counter. This game is utterly perfect for Dortmund as they love to counter and Madrid will likely play Coentrao and Essien in the full back positions and they will be bombing on all night. If there is 3 goals only I make a small loss, but I would rather have the cover. Goal Line Over 2.75 - 1.461 - Pinnacle - 10 Points Goal Line Over 3.25 - 1.861 - Pinnacle - 5 Points

Hastgill1 I think they have already solved that dilemma for next season Sergio Aguero will be going to real I don't think there's much doubt about that.
Man City might have something to say about that ;). He is under contract for another 3 years and would cost at least 60m Euros, not that City want to sell anyway..can't see it myself.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April I think Borussia will want to score at least one to force Real to score at least 4 for extra time and 5 to pass. Both will want some goals. Over 3.5 looks good but there is some strange mentallity coaches like Mourinho who maybe thinks in clean sheet and scoring 3... Anyway Real and clean sheet is very rare to see, so ill take it.

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Madrid often struggles against decent sides, especially if the sides are a bit defensive. Madrid is a counter-attacking team and hence they tend to struggle sometimes to break stronger teams down. We saw that against MANUTD when real madrid were at home and against dortmund in the three matches they have played including group stages and 1st semi-final. Of course, madrid is a different beast at home but they have struggled at home in the CL against decent teams and were losing to mancity as well until the last few mins. It was more to do with mancity and mancini's complacency then madrid's capability. So I can't see where the 3-4 madrid goals are going to come from and madrid might get a taste of their own medicine from a counter-attacking dortmund. So my bet is dortmund to qualify @1.23 betfair. 10/10 (odds are very low but madrid hasnt done anything so far against decent opposition to suggest this might change anytime soon)

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April Real to score in both halves. 1.72 @ Bet365 A different approach by Madrid should be enough to score a few past a fragile Dortmund backline. It may not be enough to secure a place in the final, but I expect a lot of goals and I see Real SBH a better alternative to over 3 goals scored in the game at 1.50. Open for any suggestions!

Re: Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund > Tue 30th April This one is a tough one for me... Trying to figure out how i see the game going but Dortmund has been so good against Real this year. Draw on Bernabeu and two victories at home shows they are up for the task tonight. But i was really close taking a MAJOR hit on Dortmund-Malaga were Malaga countered Dortmund to pieces and Dortmund can thank the horrible referees, all 5 of them, that they went thru to the semi`s. Maybe we the same type of game tonight!? (hopefully without the referees) Real MUST win, and win big, against a team that is undefeated the last 11 CL games and that has beaten them 2 times already this year. But Real is undefeated the last 30(!!) home games in all competitions!! At the end of the day, i have no chance of predicting this match, not even the goals bet. I would not be surprised if Real attack, attack, attack and Dortmund using their deadly counter to end this this 2-1 etc and going thru. But, even if Real do not go to the finals i think they are going to give it their all, and Real on Bernabeu is something magical. If you add some Mourinho magic and with a crazy atmosphere at the stadium i am having trouble seeing Real not winning this one. Back Real Madrid @1,58