Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Aidymac

Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April Chelsea need to win for Champions League place,Swansea nothing to play.their season finished whit League Cup's win,even whit this i'm not so sure about Chelsea win,these two team played League Cup's semifinals and it could be a factor.i remember problems between players...do you think will Chelsea win easy?

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April

Chelsea need to win for Champions League place' date='Swansea nothing to play.their season finished whit League Cup's win,even whit this i'm not so sure about Chelsea win,these two team played League Cup's semifinals and it could be a factor.i remember problems between players...do you think will Chelsea win easy?[/quote'] I think that Chelsea is too short @ 1.36. Might be some value in backing Swansea on a handicap.

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April Chelsea just back from Basel, winning 2-1 in the final minutes so they will rotate, you know Rafa loves his rotation policies (even though the squad seem to hate it). So I don't expect to see Hazard, Oscar and Mata on the pitch; or at least not at the same time or for 90mins. And that game has to have tired the defence out a bit. Swansea have been patchy recently too, so I am veering towards low scoring Chelsea win here. Perhaps backing under 2.5 6/5 as the Chelsea win has terrible odds. But I don't think this will be quite the walk in the park the odds would suggest. Does anybody have any Swansea team news yet?

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April Swansea are a good team, 10/1 is a good price for them against Chelsea, a team they have played against three times this season and who struggled against them on all three occasions.

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April 10/1 is enticing, but I must admit I just don't see Chelsea losing to them in this game. I do like Swansea alot, they play decent stuff and since they recruited Michu they have looked much more like a top half team. Chelsea battered Basel though and let themselves down by not scoring more, and may be jaded. That said though, I can't see this bet winning. If it does at 10/1 though I will look/feel like a proper little mug punter lol Good luck with it though! Hope you get that winner, with at least £10 too :)

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April i don't think chelsea spent 20% of their enegry against basel. they will be highy charged to get the vital win but swansea will frustrate them for long period of time since they will be keen to hold on to possesion a lot of the time

Chelsea just back from Basel, winning 2-1 in the final minutes so they will rotate, you know Rafa loves his rotation policies (even though the squad seem to hate it). So I don't expect to see Hazard, Oscar and Mata on the pitch; or at least not at the same time or for 90mins. And that game has to have tired the defence out a bit. Swansea have been patchy recently too, so I am veering towards low scoring Chelsea win here.
Oscar played 10 mins - indicating he'll start - likewise Mata only played 20 mins Torres played whole 90 suggesting Ba will play here. Hazard played 70 mins before swapped for Mata so if any are rested it will likely be him. Ramires played whole game in the middle so Obi Mikel may start.

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April With Tottenham dropping points yesterday I guess both Chelsea and Arsenal will take their respective games as a major step towards securing Champions League football next season. Swansea are without a win in their last 5 games, while Chelsea are on a good run at the moment and @ 1.40 is a good price in my opinion.

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April I think the stand out bet in this game has to be Chelsea to win & Under 3.5 Goals @ 2.25 bet365 With Tottenham slipping up, and with Mata, Oscar more likely to start given how long they played in midweek, I fancy Chelsea to go on to win this. But the odds of 1.40 does not interest me, nor do I trust my own team to cover the -1.5 AH. Instead I will back the above mentioned total result bet as 8 of their last 11 games at home have seen Under 3.5 goals. Furthermore, 4 of the last 5 fixtures between these two teams have been Under 2.5 goals let alone under 3.5 goals.

I think the stand out bet in this game has to be Chelsea to win & Under 3.5 Goals @ 2.25 bet365 With Tottenham slipping up, and with Mata, Oscar more likely to start given how long they played in midweek, I fancy Chelsea to go on to win this. But the odds of 1.40 does not interest me, nor do I trust my own team to cover the -1.5 AH. Instead I will back the above mentioned total result bet as 8 of their last 11 games at home have seen Under 3.5 goals. Furthermore, 4 of the last 5 fixtures between these two teams have been Under 2.5 goals let alone under 3.5 goals.
OK I get your reasoning but what about the fact that they are playing a team who are in the off season. If Chelsea are in the mood are Swansea really going to give everything to stop a route? Most of those 11 home games and 5 h2h fixtures were against teams with reason to try. Chelsea feel hard done by the penalty in midweek and also the late equaliser at Liverpool by a player who shouldn't have been on the park and may react here...(not to mention Swansea dumped them out of the cup) I hope for the sake of your bet I am wrong but the way I'm looking at it is during tough periods in the game for Swansea, what is their incentive to fight hard and exert themselves?

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April I think the price on the unders is a bit extreme here. I'd be happy to back under 2.5 @ 2.45 Betsafe Last h2h

23.01.13 CAP Swansea Chelsea 0 : 0
09.01.13 CAP Chelsea Swansea 0 : 2
03.11.12 PRE Swansea Chelsea 1 : 1
31.01.12 PRE Swansea Chelsea 1 : 1
I don't expect Swansea to get anything from this game, as they have gone totally in sleep mode, with nothing really to play for. The players can't be motivated for these games. Swansea has lost their last 5 games, meanwhile Chelsea played just 3 days ago, so they should be tired for this match. Swansea are very defensive minded away (2,1 goals per game this season away), and i think Chelsea will act like this aswell here, after getting their first goal.

OK I get your reasoning but what about the fact that they are playing a team who are in the off season. If Chelsea are in the mood are Swansea really going to give everything to stop a route? Most of those 11 home games and 5 h2h fixtures were against teams with reason to try. Chelsea feel hard done by the penalty in midweek and also the late equaliser at Liverpool by a player who shouldn't have been on the park and may react here...(not to mention Swansea dumped them out of the cup) I hope for the sake of your bet I am wrong but the way I'm looking at it is during tough periods in the game for Swansea, what is their incentive to fight hard and exert themselves?
You have to consider several factors here. I cannot disagree with the fact that Swansea could have well switched off, but Chelsea has been playing a larger number of games recently and despite rotation, I doubt they will play at full throttle to try and destroy their opponents as they will undoubtedly be experiencing the fatigue. Swansea have conceded at most 2 goals in their last 5 games played and that has included much fresher top 5 teams such as Tottenham and Arsenal. Chelsea still have to play in midweek for the semi-finals in the Europa League and have to play Man United the coming weekend. I highly doubt a Chelsea side which has failed to win in their last 4 games against Swansea in all competitions will all of a sudden annihilate them. I see them winning 2-1 or 1-0 at the very best. Well I hope so for my sake. Another factor for choosing this bet is because this market is priced for over 2.5 goals & chelsea win elsewhere. I see some value to be gained here.

Re: Chelsea v Swansea City > Sun 28th April With Tottenham dropping a vital two points yesterday, both Chelsea and Arsenal will see this as a sign to push forward and secure a win today. It is a place in the top four that is Benitez main target before he leaves Chelsea in the summer so this really is a must win for his side. No doubt Ba will start the game and I expect Benetiz to bring out a strong starting eleven. Swansea have been awfully patchy in recent months and have not won an away game in their last seven matches. With all this being said, I'm going with the following bet: Chelsea - Half Time / Full Time @ 4/5 w/ William Hill

I am veering towards low scoring Chelsea win here. Perhaps backing under 2.5 6/5 as the Chelsea win has terrible odds. But I don't think this will be quite the walk in the park the odds would suggest. Does anybody have any Swansea team news yet?
2-0 win at 17/2 :D Niiice and got under 2.5 too, so just about balance on the day after horrendous results on the other games! Had one of those days where staking plans go out the window and you lose money even though you picked loads of winners.