** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April I expect Barca to win this quite comfortably, PSG were good in the first leg they were comfortable in possession and in Thiago Silva they have one of the best defenders in the game..sound familiar though? Almost the same could be said of the Milan game after the first leg, the only difference this time is that Barca and been less sporting and decided to give themselves more than a good shout of getting through with a couple of away goals thrown in. One of the big questions is whether Messi will be fit enough to start, the guy rarely ever gets injured and this one doesn't seem too serious, they certainly didn't miss him at the weekend, his starting chances as I write appear to be 50/50 I don't think we will know whether he will play until Wed. As much of a concern are the injuries at the back. Puyol has had surgery, Abidal is coming back from a long and serious illness, Adriano's injured, and now Mascherano is too, they will have to shuffle the pack as they have had to do a few times this season, they have enough cover though. They were able to rest a few players at the weekend, if Messi doesn't play Cesc will come in and he is hardly a poor replacement, would certainly be a starter every week at any other club in Europe, warmed up well scoring a hat trick at the weekend. Pedro will be fit to start. Silva should play for PSG after missing the game at the weekend, they will certainly need him to be fit. DM Blaise Matuidi is suspended so Chantome might come in alongside Beckham. PSG haven't generally been as strong away this season but still had good results and done well in the CL games winning 3 of 4, I just don't really see them on the same level as Barca (or anywhere close to be honest), players like Alex and Beckham aren't really this level anymore and like other 'oil rich' sides we have seen when they first start out they splash £100m on the front stars of the team like Ibra, Lavezzi and Lucas and other areas of the team aren't of the same quality. There is no tougher away game than a CL game away at Barca when they want to win, they are massive favourites to get through to the semis and I expect it will be achieved with the minimum of fuss. If I had to make a scoreline guess it would be 3-1. Be aware the odds on Barca will likely rise if Messi is unable to play but as I said earlier you will probably be waiting until Wednesday if you want to know this news. Barcelona -1.0AH - 1.515 - pinnacle - 10 Points Barcelona -1.25AH - 1.746 - pinnacle - 5 Points Barcelona -1.5AH - 1.971 - pinnacle - 5 Points

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April 4pts Both teams to score 17/20 BetVictor The first leg was a pretty open match and I see no reason why this second leg won’t be equally as open. PSG have to score while Barcelona can always score at any time so I expect there to be chances galore in the match and I would expect both sides to score with the quality that they have in forward areas. What happens from there remains to be seen but I like both to score in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-psg-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-quarter-final-decider-20130410

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April I think many people tend to overrate Barcelona, especially without (?) Messi in the starting XI. I saw value some time ago when Real Madrid was 5.00 to win at Camp Nou and they also did (with Messi on the pitch). Barcelona is pretty weak in the defence and 9.00 for PSG to win is way to high.

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April Barcelona - PSG PSG 0 5.50 bet365 I think Barca is overrated here. they have problems in their defense . For this game they are without Puyol and Mascherano and that makes things worst. Loss of Messi is without comment. PSG have very good players and experienced coach. For me value is on PSG an the odds are dropping. PSG win 8.00 is good too. I bet on PSG 0 last night on 7.00 and now i bet on PSG 8.00 and correct result 1-2 23.00.

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April PSG will be under the cosh tonight in my opinion, they are missing Matuidi and run the risk of being overrun in midfield. They have lost to the likes of Sochaux away in the league and it isn't the same competition of course but considering Barca's habit of asphyxiating their opponent at the Camp Nou, I am confident of seeing Barca ruthlessly getting past the French side. Their defense isn't water tight however so I'm thinking along the lines of a 3-1 score. I'ts Barca and over 3.5 @ 2.87 bet365.

Re: FC Barcelona v Paris Saint-Germain > Wed 10th April

I expect Barca to win this quite comfortably, PSG were good in the first leg they were comfortable in possession and in Thiago Silva they have one of the best defenders in the game..sound familiar though? Almost the same could be said of the Milan game after the first leg, the only difference this time is that Barca and been less sporting and decided to give themselves more than a good shout of getting through with a couple of away goals thrown in. One of the big questions is whether Messi will be fit enough to start, the guy rarely ever gets injured and this one doesn't seem too serious, they certainly didn't miss him at the weekend, his starting chances as I write appear to be 50/50 I don't think we will know whether he will play until Wed. As much of a concern are the injuries at the back. Puyol has had surgery, Abidal is coming back from a long and serious illness, Adriano's injured, and now Mascherano is too, they will have to shuffle the pack as they have had to do a few times this season, they have enough cover though. They were able to rest a few players at the weekend, if Messi doesn't play Cesc will come in and he is hardly a poor replacement, would certainly be a starter every week at any other club in Europe, warmed up well scoring a hat trick at the weekend. Pedro will be fit to start. Silva should play for PSG after missing the game at the weekend, they will certainly need him to be fit. DM Blaise Matuidi is suspended so Chantome might come in alongside Beckham. PSG haven't generally been as strong away this season but still had good results and done well in the CL games winning 3 of 4, I just don't really see them on the same level as Barca (or anywhere close to be honest), players like Alex and Beckham aren't really this level anymore and like other 'oil rich' sides we have seen when they first start out they splash £100m on the front stars of the team like Ibra, Lavezzi and Lucas and other areas of the team aren't of the same quality. There is no tougher away game than a CL game away at Barca when they want to win, they are massive favourites to get through to the semis and I expect it will be achieved with the minimum of fuss. If I had to make a scoreline guess it would be 3-1. Be aware the odds on Barca will likely rise if Messi is unable to play but as I said earlier you will probably be waiting until Wednesday if you want to know this news. Barcelona -1.0AH - 1.515 - pinnacle - 10 Points Barcelona -1.25AH - 1.746 - pinnacle - 5 Points Barcelona -1.5AH - 1.971 - pinnacle - 5 Points
Bad night for me, Barca were as poor as I've seen them until Messi came on, its not as though Villa, Pedro and Cesc are bad players but there seemed to be a mental blockage until the star man came on..PSG were decent but I didn't think they were anything special to be honest Barca were just crap.