** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks

MLB Overall 2008 407-354 +31.96 units (53.48%) MLB Overall 2009 274-253 +3.21 units (51.99%) MLB Overall 2010 65-75 -18.17 units (46.76%) MLB 2 Unit Overall 2010 20-23 -16.05 units (46.51%) MLB Overall 2011 147W-117L +20.99 units (55.68%) MLB Overall 2012 103-112 -15.40 units (47.90%) Not a very good year last year for me , as in most sports. Hopefully I can bounce back this year Rangers -157 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I fully expect the Astro's to be the worst team in the majors by a large margin this year and for at least a couple of more years to come. I think this will probably be a close game with all the rust, but if there is one thing you know you will get from Matt Harrison its a very good 1H of the season. GL this year

MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks 2013 Season is coming!! These are my picks for Opening Day. Another year I join PL forum... Marlins @ Nationals - WSH -1.5 @ 1.83 >Bet365

Fascinating Stephen Strasburg is ready for a full season with Nats. Strasburg was named starter for Opening Day 2 weeks ago. Nats have bat power and playing at home against Marlins could be an easy task for a team that MUST be in October playing baseball... Tigers @ Twins - DET -1.5 @ 1.83

>Bet365 Justin Verlander (AL MVP last season, with a new contract extension signed) will be too strong for a team under re-construction. Tigers played WS last October. Verlander earned MVP award last year and his 2nd Cy Young. Cardinals @ Diamondbacks - STL (ML) @1.97 >Bet365 Cardinals are the best organization in baseball. Some players are gone, but they are still competitive. With Adam Wainwright and his new contract extension for next years they can beat a new Diamondbacks team in upward curve, but Kennedy won't stop a strong team with a clear playbook. I like Felix Hernandez too, opening for Mariners but I'm worried about run support... GL! :)

Re: MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks MLB 2012 record: 92-123 (+61.84) Merged the threads and slightly amended title to reflect the game tonight :ok gl Alex, and welcome back Nightfisher, look forward to reading your US Sports thoughts in 2013 I'm finding myself thinking the Astros can make their AL bow a winning one tonight. Bud Norris on the mound for them tonight, and he had a pretty darn good Home record (a pretty darn awful record accompanied it though) last season - only Verlander bettered his 1.71 Home ERA. Norris had way better control of the ball in the familiar surroundings of Minute Maid Park, with an almost 5:1 K:BB ratio. Matt Harrison faces him for the Rangers, and he won 18 last season, but he isn't your dominant-type although of the 3 Astros to have faced him previously none of them have managed a single hit yet. I don't like the Rangers at 1.62, but similarly aren't too confident about the Astros either, even at 2.45. I think it has all the potential to be a low-scoring affair. Also think Norris at home has the game to see Houston to a lead, just not very trusting of the pen to back him up and see it through. Under 7 runs - 1pt @ 2.65 Bet365

Re: MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks MLB Overall 2013 0-1 -1.57 units (0.00%) Not a good start lol. Pirates -121 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Lets see if AJ Burnett can keep doing what he did last year. The weather is gonna be pretty cold with even a chance of snow, so I don't see it being very offensive. Pirates have played very well against the Cubs the last couple of years Yankees -122 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Lester had a good spring training, but I will pay to see if he is actually any better then he was last year. Twins +178 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes I think this is worth the risk. I have my doubts on whether this game will be played or not. Braves -122 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Don't usually play this much, but opening day, wth

ok lets dive in. i am thinking i will play multiples probably just doubles and trebles this year unless there are loads of plays i like brewers (-1.5) to beat rockies nationals (-1.5) to beat miami detroit (-1.5) to beat minnesota 5pts treble bet365 the risky selection here is the brewers who i aint sold on and gallardo pitches who can be inconsistent at times and outstanding when he is on. i think the brewers are a team that is a little under the radar as they didnt do much to their roster this offseason but with a team that can run and take the ball deep they could well win their home opener here against a rockies team that historically doesnt travel so well. chacin is a decent young pitcher but in the role of opening day starter looks overmatched to me. as for the other two games bothe detroit and washington look to have the opposition outmatched from the mound all the way through the lineup and should win confortably in my opinion good luck all Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 (edited as forgot bookmaker)

Re: MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks

Under 7 runs - 1pt @ 2.65 Bet365
Norris performed as I thought he might... I just wasn't expecting his offense to put so many runs up in support!! Red Sox (m/l) 2pts @ 2.02 Bet365 New year, new hope, I'll go with my boys for Day 1 against a Yankees side with no Jeter, no A-Rod, no Granderson, no Teixeira... Papi's not quite fit yet but that does give the exciting Jackie Bradley Jr the chance to slot in at left field, with Gomes taking DH duties. He's going to be our Trout this season, believe it ;) Nationals (-2.5) 1pts @ 2.50 Bet365 Surely the Nats with Strasburg up beat the decimated Marlins? Strasburg gets 'let loose' today - no pitch counting after last year's easy-does-it campaign, in which he was 15-6 with a 3.19 ERA. He faces a Marlins team today that has lost Reyes, Buerhle, Bell and Ramirez, and I can't see anything other than a home win to kick things off for the Nats. Pirates (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365 I think the price for selling the extra run is worth the risk in taking Pitt to win their opener. They looked sure to have a winning season for the first time in 20 years last season before fading through August and September, but they can get this season off to the right start against a Cubs side who lost 101 games last season. Burnett gets his first opening day start of his career, after being the clear Pirates ace last season on his arrival from the Bronx, going 16-10 with a 3.51 ERA. 2013: 0-1 (-1.00)

ok lets dive in. i am thinking i will play multiples probably just doubles and trebles this year unless there are loads of plays i like brewers (-1.5) to beat rockies nationals (-1.5) to beat miami detroit (-1.5) to beat minnesota 5pts treble bet365 the risky selection here is the brewers who i aint sold on and gallardo pitches who can be inconsistent at times and outstanding when he is on. i think the brewers are a team that is a little under the radar as they didnt do much to their roster this offseason but with a team that can run and take the ball deep they could well win their home opener here against a rockies team that historically doesnt travel so well. chacin is a decent young pitcher but in the role of opening day starter looks overmatched to me. as for the other two games bothe detroit and washington look to have the opposition outmatched from the mound all the way through the lineup and should win confortably in my opinion good luck all Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 (edited as forgot bookmaker)
well the miracle in milwaukee didnt happen and the walkoff one run win for the brewers did for me with the nats in and tigers looking good....always tomorrow 0-1 (-5.00) the year thus far Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: MLB: Mar 31st & Apr 1st 2013 Opening Day Picks

Red Sox (m/l) 2pts @ 2.02 Bet365 Nationals (-2.5) 1pts @ 2.50 Bet365 Pirates (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.70 Bet365
Sox get it well done in enemy territory, whilst I sold 1 too many in the capital. Pitt never got going against Samardzija 2013: 1-3 (-0.96) One I like in the later West Coast games is the banged up Cardinals, with Wainwright, to have too much for the banged up Dbacks, with Kennedy - think the Cards have more firepower in their offense. I thought they'd warrant favouritism in this, would have them about 10/13, so 1.95 is acceptable Cardinals (m/l) 2pts @ 1.95 Bet365