** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My Pick To Win the 2013 World Series

Last years pick was the Reds. Fairly optimistic after they got into the playoffs as that is more then half the battle, but of course, they did not get it done. Here are some of the picks I looked at and reasons I didnt pick them Tigers +700 - This is obviously just not worth it, as I never pick the favorite anyway. They will be a good team and there is no reason they shouldn't make the playoffs, but the closer issue still hasnt been answered with Rondon being sent down to AAA earlier this week. I expect it will be in shape or form by the time the playoffs start, but this team just has a feel of being one of those teams that hasnt the talent, but can't get over the hump. Angels +700 - Also not worth it , but I have my doubts about this team for some reason. If Pujols/Hamilton go cold for a stretch it will be interesting to see where things go. Blue Jays +900 - This line shouldnt be this low...IMO, just have a feeling something won't go wrong and the Yankees somehow win the division anyway Reds +1100 - My Pick from last year, and I thought about picking them again this year. But I've decided im not hanging my hat on Dusty Baker this year My Pick to win the 2013 World Series Atlanta Braves +1500 - The line is just right for me to feel it is worth the risk. This team seems to be built very well. There first problem though is that they are in the same division as the Nationals, who will probably win the division, so I am automatically throwing myself in the wildcard game with this pick. Possibly a dumb risk and more then likely why all the division favorites are lined so much higher then the guys that could give them a run. You've got a pretty good combination of speed and power in the lineup with the Uptons and then guys like McCann and Uggla. The rotation looks pretty solid and then of course you have the bullpen. The potential lose of Venters could stink it up a little bit, but I see no reason Kimbrel goes into a serious downward spiral. Go Braves and Pirates

Re: My Pick To win the 2012 Superbowl Hi PL members. I've spent many years reading all your experience comments and this season I would like to join this elite forum. A new season is gonna start in few hours and there's a team that earned favoritism. TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ 7.50 bet365 With Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista and Encarnacion in the first 4 spots, will destroy every ballpark they visit. Acquisitions of R.A. Dickey and Josh Johnson (probable AL Cy Young) will give Jays the rotation they were waiting for... I agree AGurv the line shouldn't be this low for a team playing in the same division as Boston, NY, Tampa Bay and Baltimore.

good luck this year agurv. i have loaded up on the nats this year as they look to have improved on a team with the best record in regular season play this year, i only hope they can translate that to the postseason, stay healthy and deal with an expectation to win that the franchise has never had to cope with!! i would join you in wishing my white sox well but they look massive candidates to regress this year :( Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi PL members. I've spent many years reading all your experience comments and this season I would like to join this elite forum. A new season is gonna start in few hours and there's a team that earned favoritism. TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ 7.50 bet365 With Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista and Encarnacion in the first 4 spots, will destroy every ballpark they visit. Acquisitions of R.A. Dickey and Josh Johnson (probable AL Cy Young) will give Jays the rotation they were waiting for... I agree AGurv the line shouldn't be this low for a team playing in the same division as Boston, NY, Tampa Bay and Baltimore.
josh johnson probable al cy young???? bit of a stretch for me my friend massive issues staying healthy and not been consistently good for a while. on his day thoigh he is very good i give you that al cy young much more likely to be darvish/weaver/verlander i wish you luck though with the jays Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: My Pick To win the 2012 Superbowl

josh johnson probable al cy young???? bit of a stretch for me my friend massive issues staying healthy and not been consistently good for a while. on his day thoigh he is very good i give you that al cy young much more likely to be darvish/weaver/verlander i wish you luck though with the jays Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
@Danj2202. hehe Yeah, not easy but as you say: "If he stays healthy" he could be the dominant pitcher he was 4 years ago. I was watching the last spring training game yesterday, and commentators said the same (IF HE STAYS HEALTHY). I still remember the best JJ and this could be "his year". But I won't put my money in his glove xD...

Re: My Pick To Win the 2013 World Series I don't trust the Blue Jays pitching when it comes down to it. If they stay healthy BJays should have one of the best offenses in the league As far as AL Cy Young. Well Johnson would be somewhat surprising, but I wouldn't say there is no chance. I don't put Darvish into that discussion either. I think the best AL pitchers are Hernandez/Verlander/Weaver...with expectations of Weaver to regress a bit this year. Just a feeling, still good, but not one of the best.

I don't trust the Blue Jays pitching when it comes down to it. If they stay healthy BJays should have one of the best offenses in the league As far as AL Cy Young. Well Johnson would be somewhat surprising, but I wouldn't say there is no chance. I don't put Darvish into that discussion either. I think the best AL pitchers are Hernandez/Verlander/Weaver...with expectations of Weaver to regress a bit this year. Just a feeling, still good, but not one of the best.
point taken about darvish. i have the opposite feeling to your weaver feelings (which i agree with btw) on darvish and that after his initial year of adjustment to the states he can take the step to the top level. nearly added the king who i love to bits but he will always struggle to get votes while pitching for seattle, surprised he won it when he did though his numbers were awesome that year Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...
Last years pick was the Reds. Fairly optimistic after they got into the playoffs as that is more then half the battle, but of course, they did not get it done. Here are some of the picks I looked at and reasons I didnt pick them Tigers +700 - This is obviously just not worth it, as I never pick the favorite anyway. They will be a good team and there is no reason they shouldn't make the playoffs, but the closer issue still hasnt been answered with Rondon being sent down to AAA earlier this week. I expect it will be in shape or form by the time the playoffs start, but this team just has a feel of being one of those teams that hasnt the talent, but can't get over the hump. Angels +700 - Also not worth it , but I have my doubts about this team for some reason. If Pujols/Hamilton go cold for a stretch it will be interesting to see where things go. Blue Jays +900 - This line shouldnt be this low...IMO, just have a feeling something won't go wrong and the Yankees somehow win the division anyway Reds +1100 - My Pick from last year, and I thought about picking them again this year. But I've decided im not hanging my hat on Dusty Baker this year My Pick to win the 2013 World Series Atlanta Braves +1500 - The line is just right for me to feel it is worth the risk. This team seems to be built very well. There first problem though is that they are in the same division as the Nationals, who will probably win the division, so I am automatically throwing myself in the wildcard game with this pick. Possibly a dumb risk and more then likely why all the division favorites are lined so much higher then the guys that could give them a run. You've got a pretty good combination of speed and power in the lineup with the Uptons and then guys like McCann and Uggla. The rotation looks pretty solid and then of course you have the bullpen. The potential lose of Venters could stink it up a little bit, but I see no reason Kimbrel goes into a serious downward spiral. Go Braves and Pirates
With the first half out the way this looks a damn fine bet now with the braves having relatively soft schedule with loads at home the rest of the way. Good luck with it Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2