** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2013

kevshat

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 A good day is usually followed by a bad one for me but hopefully I can buck the trend for once, I like the look of two bets today. 3pts – SRH v KXIP UNDER 8 Sixes – 10/11 Bet365 I don’t think this will be a particularly high scoring game and neither team really possesses batsmen of great hitting calibre when you look down their line ups. In the two matches at this ground so far we’ve only seen a total of 5 sixes so I think under 8 in the match looks an attractive proposition. Unless there is a freak innings a la Gony for Punjab last time out, I think we’ll see no more than 7 sixes in the match. 4pts – SRH v KXIP UNDER 26.5 boundaries – 5/6 Ladbrokes This line looks a boundary or two too many in my eyes. As I said above I don’t expect this to be a high scoring match and in the matches at this ground so far we’ve seen much fewer boundaries than this line is priced up at. Then when you factor in the teams involved I think this is a decent bet. On average SRH score 10 boundaries a match with KXIP averaging 14 so if this match goes according to the averages we should see less than 26 boundaries today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Excellent work in here yesterday guys :clap:clap. One more for me this afternoon. 4pts Hyderabad vs Kings XI - Under 8.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Agree with Westy here. So far in two matches in Hyderabad this season there have been a total of five sixes so something will have to go pretty remarkably wrong for there to be 9 or more in this match particularly when you factor in that the two batting line up's aren't the longest or the best or in any form at all really. The strength of both sides is in their bowling and that in itself can keep the six hitting to a minimum but with both sides having every chance of losing early wickets and having to recover I really don't see many big hits in this match. This line looks one if not two sixes too high so I'm happy to take the unders here.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Damn did not see that 8.5 line! Spotted one more I like; 4pts – Dale Steyn Performance Pts 25 & Over – 5/6 Bet365 We know Dale Steyn is a class act and he’s been in terrific form this IPL season. This line is always going to be within his reach against any team as he bowls early on in the innings and then comes back at the death but I fancy it even more so today. Kings XI Punjab have a weak batting line up and a lot of the local Indian players won’t be accustom to facing up to someone with the pace and skills of Steyn. Two wickets brings this in or one wicket and a catch so against fragile opposition I have to back the South African mean machine to do the business.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013

is steyn or ishant injured or something? sunrisers been drifting all morning and now not even favs at home.
gotta be steyn, doesn't make any sense, I thought it would shorten if anything. Tbh though, the market has got Sunrisers wrong almost every game this tournament, are they hated in india or something?

gotta be steyn' date=' doesn't make any sense, I thought it would shorten if anything. Tbh though, the market has got Sunrisers wrong almost every game this tournament, are they hated in india or something?[/quote'] no they are not hated in india. Hyderabad is a beast in the domestic ranji circuit. They are priced high usually cos of their past IPL performances and the worst home record in ipl history. Anyways, be careful with those under/over bets now than something serious is up. Dont know what it is as nothing on sunrisers twitter but keep a look out. I am not blindly taking that 2.35 price if steyn or mishra is out as dont think anyone can replace them at the last minute now that these bowlers are inform. If this is the case, punjab bowling looks much stronger.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Steyn seems to be giving the impression that he's playing (or at least going to the ground) on twitter so I'm not sure it's him. Maybe something has happened to Adam Gilchrist and he isn't playing. That would certainly boost the Kings XI's chances!

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 yeah, mishra/ishant havent posted anything on twitter so dont know if something is wrong with either of these two. So I too believe it may well be that Punjab has strenthened the squad by dropping a misfiring player like Gilchrist and got in another foreign player. UPDATE Mascarenhas comes in, as does Paul Valthaty, Reddy comes in for Parthiv Patel. Azhar Mahmood is still a part of the 11. It's David Miller who goes out to make way for Mascarenhas.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 yeah, most weirdest drift ever. and it went bloody all the way out to 2.50. Great IPL this time round. Low scorer nail-biting finishes. Anyways, tomorrows first match is very unpredictable to say the least. KKR are a very backable team at their spin-friendly home but their lazy/out-of-form players like Yousuf Pathan in the starting 11 make me think twice about backing them against one of the best teams in the competition. If it comes to the coinflip in the final few overs, KKR is going to capitulate if their middle-order batsman continue to play pathetically. Cant back CSK at this price away from home on a spin-friendly track against quality spinners. Will find a few bets from the second match.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday early match preview: 4pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Kolkata Knight Riders 5/6 Stan James Eden Gardens is often something of a fortress but if any side is equipped to deal with the Knight Riders there it is the Chennai Super Kings. The Super Kings spinners can keep things tight while all their seamers have slower balls and cutters in their repertoires. In the likes of Raina, Jadeja, Dhoni and Morkel the Super Kings have good players of spin and with their batting in better touch than Kolkata’s I expect the 2010 and 2011 champions to win this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-chennai-super-kings-betting-chennai-s-batting-can-see-them-home-in-kolkata-20130419

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Good luck with CSK Kev. I'm continuing my luck in the boundary market. 4pts - KKR to score OVER 12.5 boundaries - 8/11 PaddyPower KKR enjoy their home conditions and know exactly what to expect on these lower, slower wickets. In Gambhir and Kallis you have two guys who deal almost exclusively in fours so this will help with respect to this bet while further down the order there are also boundary hitters in Morgan and Tiwary. In their matches so far they have covered this line easily in all of their games bar one when they were blown away by Rajasthan but I don't expect that to happen tomorrow. So batting first or second I expect KKR to score at least 13 boundary fours against CSK at the Eden tomorrow.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Saturday late match preview: 3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Royal Challengers Bangalore 11/8 Coral Given that the form of the two sides is very similar only Rajasthan have been winning their matches a lot more convincingly than Bangalore. Bangalore’s batting line up appears to rely an awful lot on Chris Gayle but Rajasthan have the pace attack to keep him honest. They also have a much longer batting line up and so the visitors look the value in this one to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-rajasthan-royals-betting-rajasthan-s-all-round-side-look-good-value-20130419

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 30 :ok. Sunday match previews: 4pts Mumbai Indians Most 6's vs Delhi Daredevils 5/6 Boylesports Delhi will win a match sooner or later but until they do there’s little value in backing them. One area where there is a betting opportunity in this match is for Mumbai to hit the most 6’s. They have plenty of six hitters right the way down their order and in the reverse meeting between these two sides they won the sixes battle 10-5 and with Delhi under more pressure since then I would expect the Mumbai side to confirm the six hitting in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/delhi-daredevils-vs-mumbai-indians-betting-mumbai-s-big-hitters-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-delhi-20130420 4pts Pune Warriors to beat Kings XI Punjab 10/11 Skybet Pune performed badly in the first meeting between these two but I think they can get revenge for that here. I think man for man they have a much stronger and longer batting line up and the inclusions of Aaron Finch and Steve Smith since the reverse meeting have made a difference for Pune. There isn’t a lot of difference in the two bowling attacks but you have to score runs and Pune look better equipped to do that. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kings-xi-punjab-vs-pune-warriors-betting-pune-can-get-revenge-for-defeat-to-kings-xi-earlier-in-the-season-20130420

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Good shout with Chennai :ok One I like the look of tomorrow in the Pune Punjab game. 5pts - Pune to hit most sixes - 5/4 StanJames Punjab are not a team who will hit a lot of sixes regularly. In their last two games they have been helped out in the six hitting stakes by some cameo knocks from two bowlers in Gony and Chawla which says a lot. These guys won't do it regularly and nobody in their top order will either unless Gilly rediscovers his old touch. On the other hand Pune have genuine six hitters all the way down their line up in guys like Finch, Uthappa, Taylor, Smith etc so I am happy to weigh in on Pune to hit most sixes tomorrow.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Monday preview: 4pts Chennai Most 6's vs Rajasthan Evs Stan James The bet I like here is for the Chennai Super Kings to hit the most sixes. Rajasthan don’t have the longest batting line up in the world and because of that their top order don’t take as many risks as some as they want to have batting in the latter overs. Chennai can hit from pretty much 1-9 and in these conditions I like their batsmen. There’s only really Watson who hits big for Rajasthan so I like Chennai to hit the most Yes Bank maximums here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chennai-super-kings-vs-rajasthan-royals-betting-chennai-s-powerful-batting-line-up-can-hit-most-sixes-20130422

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 3pts – CSK v RR UNDER 26.5 boundaries – 5/6 PaddyPower I think Chennai will win today as the pitch at the Chinnaswammy is starting to get slower and lower which will suit them down to the ground against a Rajasthan side that doesn’t possess many slow bowlers. However the price is skinny on CSK so I’m backing under 26.5 boundaries in this match given the nature of the track. Especially in the second innings boundary hitting can get difficult and given that this line hasn’t been covered in any of the 3 games so far at Chennai, I don’t expect to see any more than 26 boundaries today.

3pts – CSK v RR UNDER 26.5 boundaries – 5/6 PaddyPower I think Chennai will win today as the pitch at the Chinnaswammy is starting to get slower and lower which will suit them down to the ground against a Rajasthan side that doesn’t possess many slow bowlers. However the price is skinny on CSK so I’m backing under 26.5 boundaries in this match given the nature of the track. Especially in the second innings boundary hitting can get difficult and given that this line hasn’t been covered in any of the 3 games so far at Chennai, I don’t expect to see any more than 26 boundaries today.
If im not wrong Chinnaswammy is RCB's stadium, Chennai's stadium is Chidambaran Stadium. For this match i took CSK in a double with ManU tonight. The batting of this team is huge, even the 7 and the 8th man can hit a few sixes so its quite difficult to beat team. In the other side RR is depending in Dravid because Watson is not hiting as he usually does and Binny and Hodge not regular in ther batting. I wanted to take Jadeja's Over in Bet365 player performance but there is no line for him. :@ Will see in live betting for some bets. Thinking about Chennai to hit more sixes but I have the feeling that if Chennai starts bowling, then there wont be many sixes in their side. Good luck guys.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Hi Guys....Any indication on 'Total Match Sixes'....considering Chennai haven't scored more than 4 sixes at home and Royal's lack powerhouse for hitting sixes (except Watson)and ofcourse always start their inning with cautious as right pointed by Kev....so is under 9 sixes (max 8 sixes in match) be safe to play. Please advise. Great work on here though.:ok

Hi Guys....Any indication on 'Total Match Sixes'....considering Chennai haven't scored more than 4 sixes at home and Royal's lack powerhouse for hitting sixes (except Watson)and ofcourse always start their inning with cautious as right pointed by Kev....so is under 9 sixes (max 8 sixes in match) be safe to play. Please advise. Great work on here though.:ok
It dependes too much in the toss, if chennai starts batting then Bravo, Dhoni, Jadeja and the next mans could hit 6 sixes easily. Too much depending in the toss, if i had to take something I think i would take under too, but as i said i think it depends too much in the toss.

Re: Indian Premier League 2013 Incredible Watson and Hussey :notworthy For tomorrow there is a interesting match between RCB and Pune Warriors. Both teams have a few big hitters, Pune is capable of covering the boundaries 5-6 times and if Gayle and DeVilliers are in the mood then 11 or More sixes at 2.00 in Bet365 looks pretty good. Also in this match I think A.Finch is having a good time with the bat, in my opinion RCB bowlers and Chinaswamy pitch suits his bating so i'll take Finch 26&Over too. In Delhi vs Kings XI, its quite low but im confident about Delhi in this one. Sehwag looked fantastic against Mumbai and even having a bad bowling side and Warner doing almost nothing in every match, for me it will be a huge surprise if Delhi looses tomorrow. Delhi to win 1.57 @ Bet365 And Othe ones is Highest Opening partnership - Delhi @ 1.80 in Bet365. This one is because Adam Gilchrist is doing it very bad and it is a good option to take this one. Hopefully there is no changes in the opening partnership in Kings XI.