** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Aintree Weather Watch, 2013.

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. TFT, i dont see a problem with soft/heavy if it goes that way, Id be more worried about the jumping ability of CG, however he jumped the first 4 well last year, until BD, impossible for the jockey that day. Its all about his jumping, can wallop 1 or 2.:D

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013.

He does hit them but I remember Red Marauder & Silver Birch were both prone to mistakes . Worth a gamble I reckon & hope he has a clear round . I think Seabass has a lot to do to improve on last years great show .
The slower the ground the better for him, as for making mistakes, If its soft, i would seriousley think about it, as the two you quoted, had the conditions in their fav.:D

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. The weather has been sunny and dry the last couple of days at Aintree, the forecast is dry weather for the next 10 days,but we know what forecasts are like, i assume the ground is very soft now with the snow thawing but lots of time to dry out and Aintree does drain well. The modern attitude is to ideally keep the ground good to soft for safety, so even if the ground did dry right out i could see Aintree watering if necessary.

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. This national is going to be wide open & with conditions looking the way they are I can really see something of an outsider doing well . i.e as when Red Marauder / Silver Birch won . No one really expeted them to win .

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. Going National - Soft, Good to soft in places Mildmay and Hurdle - Good to soft Rails Mildmay & Hurdle - all running rail and hurdles on outer line. Bends will be moved in each day Weather Remaining cold till weekend, some brighter spells, mainly dry +4C, -2C o/night. Weekend - mainly dry, remaining chilly some sunny spells +7C, 0C o/night LOOKING AT ALL WEATHER REPORTS..I WILL CALL IT NOW. GOOD,,, GOOD-SOFT in places .....ALL OVER THE COURSE.

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. Going National - Good to Soft, Good in places Mildmay & Hurdle - Good, Good to Soft in places (GoingStick: Mildmay & Hurdle 7.6 on Monday at 11:00) Rails Mildmay & Hurdle - all running rail and hurdles are on outside line. Bends will be moved in each day Weather Monday to Thursday - Dry, easterly wind. Some sunny spells, feeling cold 7C, 0C overnight. I Personally think they will struggle to get the word SOFT in any of the descriptions over the 3 days..ZERO rain forecast, fast times, fast ground horses.

Going National - Good to Soft, Good in places Mildmay & Hurdle - Good, Good to Soft in places (GoingStick: Mildmay & Hurdle 7.6 on Monday at 11:00) Rails Mildmay & Hurdle - all running rail and hurdles are on outside line. Bends will be moved in each day Weather Monday to Thursday - Dry, easterly wind. Some sunny spells, feeling cold 7C, 0C overnight. I Personally think they will struggle to get the word SOFT in any of the descriptions over the 3 days..ZERO rain forecast, fast times, fast ground horses.
Also with the temo falling to minus, or hovering on zero overnight, and up to 9am, they will struggle getting water on the track, They will be more success on the National course, to try n get a bit of ease into it. Thursday SUNNY MAX 8, but a strong cold easterly wind 16-20 mph, it will feel more like 0. Friday n Saturday similar conditions with less of a wind. Wrap up well if you are going.

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. Going National - Good to Soft, Good in places Mildmay & Hurdle - Good, Good to Soft in places (GoingStick: National 6.3 Mildmay 6.7 Hurdle 6.9 on Wednesday at 11:00) Rails Mildmay & Hurdle - all running rail and hurdles are on outside line, adding approx. 25 yards on Mildmay and 95 yards hurdle course per circuit Bends will be moved in each day Weather -3C o/night, dry. Wednesday - Dry with sunny spells, easterly wind 9C Thursday - Sunny spells am, becoming cloudier pm 8C, 0C o/night Friday - Cloudy, some sunny spells, poss. light shower pm 8C Saturday - Dry and cloudy 10C Watering Selective watering all courses to maintain

Re: Aintree Weather Watch, 2013. I think all the courses are a bit more testing than Aintree are letting on. fine for the national but why have they watered every part of the course, it's all riding a bit slower than you would think,the watering must have really slowed the ground, wont be a real slog tomorrow but i will be surprised if the likes of Ballybrigs or Sunnyhill boy will be their at the end.think ive done my money on them to be honest.

I think all the courses are a bit more testing than Aintree are letting on. fine for the national but why have they watered every part of the course' date=' it's all riding a bit slower than you would think,the watering must have really slowed the ground, wont be a real slog tomorrow but i will be surprised if the likes of Ballybrigs or Sunnyhill boy will be their at the end.think ive done my money on them to be honest.[/quote'] I would not say so, the wind has something to do with the times, very strong head wind. Tomorrow is 5-8mph, half or a third of what its been. Both you mentioned for me will be within hailing distance on the melling road.:D

I would not say so, the wind has something to do with the times, very strong head wind. Tomorrow is 5-8mph, half or a third of what its been. Both you mentioned for me will be within hailing distance on the melling road.:D
Oh thanks, never realised there was a head wind, couldnt understand the times today, all races looked flat out but every race time today was slower for that particular race over the last 5 yrs. gave up after 5yr check.:lol