** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26

I was giving a fast look to todays matches and i realised something? Why Austria has the odd 3.40 and why does Wales have the odd 2.20 when Austria is at their best form ' date=' scoring , and play absolute amazing away . I thing this i a bookmaking trick , to make us loose but i predict Austria to win or at least x2 DoubleChance @ 1.60[/quote'] Wales' odds to beat Croatia are 5.79, not 2.2. Austria are away to Ireland who have a pretty good home record.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Netherlands vs Romania . Home win (-1.5) @ bet365 at 2.1 odds (not betting against our team,just suggesting) The Dutch have maximum points after 5 games and 5 points ahead of Hungary and ROmania,who both have 10 points.In the last game between them, Netherlands won 4-1 at Bucharest. Again,as everybody here expected,Piturca will try to defend and get a draw that seems nearly impossible to achieve.We're not that good on the back,having received 6 goals in 3 matches( I consider the matches against Andorra and Estonia as irrelevant ) and in the last game against Hungary,the defence was very very poor,except from Chiriches who played well. Bogdan Stancu,who everyone considers him to be the worst player against Hungary,having missed all the oportunities he had,even with the empty net.will be replaced by Chipciu .Torje and Grozav will also not start tonight and they'll be replaced by Tanase and A.Popa.This doesn;t give us many hopes for tonight,as I believe Torje and Grozav have more speed and quality than their replacements and also they could support more Adrian Mutu. In the defence,Tamas and Goian will make room for Luchin and Gardos.So,there are at least 7 players from Steaua,3 of them ( Chiriches and Chipciu and the goalkeeper) seem to really deserve their status,the rest are mediocre. Netherlands are not in their best shape right now,but I believe they have the quality to win tonight;only if they don't want to force too much,a red card or a penalty for us will give Romania a chance for a draw.Normally,the Dutch will begin slowly but as the time passes they will have to gear up and create chances and I don't think we will be able to cope with the pressure.If we don't manage to keep a clean sheet for at least 60 mins,we will be forced to attack and the dutch counters will overwhelm us. Line-ups : Netherlands:Vermeer - Janmaat, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind - Strootman, Van der Vaart, De Guzman - Robben, Van Persie, Lens Romania:Tătăruşanu - Luchin, Chiricheş, Gardoş, Raţ - Pintilii, Bourceanu - Torje (Ad. Popa), Chipciu, Tănase (Maxim) - B. Stancu Turkey vs Hungary. Home win 1.75 @ bet365 Turkey desperately needs a win here as they are 4 points behind Hungary and Romania.The lost against all 3 teams above them and they really struggle from some time now.The press from Turkey is all against the coach and they heavily criticise the way Turkey plays right now.So,the atmposhpere is intense around the team but they have to rally the troops and get a win against a Hungary team that seems to have lost some power from the begining of the campaing. As I saw in the Friday match,Hungary didn't pose any real threat to Romanian defence,except from the free-kick and the penalty from which they scored 2 goals.Their best player is Dzsudzsak,a classy player,but if Turkey manage to somehow slow him down,they can concentrate on the ofensive more.Another important thing that I realise in the match against Romania is the Hungarian defence which was extremely weak,it made at least 4 big mistakes from which we should have scored,also our late goal came after the central defenders practically offered us the ball insinde the penalty area.If that was not arranged or something,or the defence just had a terrible night that won't repeate tonight, than I think Turkey will win. B.Yilmaz, who play for the CL quarter finalist Galatasaray, is Turkey's best player at the moment,he's in great form and he'll be looking to score tonight and keep his nation's world cup hopes alive.Sahin and Arda are also extremely good players with great talent,capable of creating oportunities and the'll surely put a lot o f pressure on Hungary's shaky defence.

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Netherlands vs Romania Netherlands -1, 1.86@unibet Although I don't think it will be easy for the dutch from the beginning, i do think they will end up with at least two more goals than the romanians. The dutch team is quite young, but very talented and I think Louis van Gaal is the perfect coach to get the best out of them. The defence is the most vulnerable part of the team imo, but i think they can handle the romanian attackers which are not of world class. Besides that, 3 of the 4 dutch defence players play in the same (dutch) team so know how to play as a team and what to expect from each other. I expect romania to play very defencive, but that shouldn't be a problem with top players like Robben, Van Persie and vd Vaart who are all able to make a difference. Probable dutch lineup: Kenneth Vermeer (Ajax); Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Daley Blind (Ajax); Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea), Rafael van der Vaart (HSV), Kevin Strootman (PSV); Jeremain Lens (PSV), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Estonia vs Andorra Both teams has lost their chance to qualify but Estonia still want to take win vs Andorra. We have met Andorra 10 times and always won. I expect it to happen again tonight. Our two best strikers Ojamaa and Oper starts from bench, which is suprise to me. No changes in other squad. In last 5 games Andorra has produced only 1 goals to Estonia 9 goals and 3 games out of 5 has finished scoreline 2-0 to Estonia. 4 out of 5 games has finished under 2.5. My picks are: Correct score 2-0 to Estonia @ 4.5 with Bet365 Total goals under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365 Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Kazakhstan +4 @ 1.94 Malta +2.5 @ 2.01 Malta/Italy under 3.25 goals @ 1.99 Ukraine/Moldova over 3 goals @ 2.05 Aside from San Marino getting thrashed on Friday (first time they'd given up more than 5 at home in a long, long time), taking the generous handicaps was the play, as it usually is. The only reason the Kazakhs are +4 is that they were +2.5 at home and lost 0-3, and everybody assumes that home advantage will have Germany scoring at will. I still say matchups matter more than home field, and I don't see the Kazakhs losing 5-0. Malta haven't lost by 3 goals at home since 2009, and Italy doesn't look like the team that can do it. Ukraine overs? Well, there was a time when Moldova played to overs...I just see Ukraine building on their win Friday, and don't see anybody shying away from the attack.

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Portugal - Azerbaijan under 2.5 goals 2.00 bet365 Portugal are without Nani and Ronaldo for this game who are very important players for Portugal. This is a big blow to their attcking power. I watch their game against Israel and they can't impress me with their play. POrtugal are winless in their last 5 games:Russia 1 - 0 Portugal Portugal 1 - 1 Northern Ireland Gabon 2 - 2 Portugal Portugal 2 - 3 Ecuador Israel 3 - 3 Portugal. Theese are not very respective results. Azerbaijan is tough side to beat especially at home. If Portugal win may be will 0-1. Two bets i like for this game: under 2,5 2.00 bet 365 and Azerbaijan +1.5 1.975.

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Croatia tonight: Pletikosa - Srna, Corluka, Lovren, Strinic - Rakitic, Badelj, Modric, Sammir - Mandzukic, Eduardo Croatia against Wales 16.10.2012. Pletikosa - Srna, Simunic, Lovren, Strinic - Rakitic, Badelj, Modric, Perisic - Mandzukic, Eduardo [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=align: right][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Ukraine - Moldova under 2.5 goals 2.35 bet365 Ukraine are without Garmash and Rotan, two def mifielders for this game. Moldova are without Gatcan(defender). These two countries are nieghbours and their federatioans are in close relationships. I watch last game who ended 0-0 but Ukraine miss many opportunities. 3 games between this 2 clubs ended 1-0 0-0 and 2-2.Before last 1-3 win against Poland Ukraine have 8 successive games going under 2.5 goals. In last 10 games Moldove have 7 unders.I have findings that most games between team from former USSR end underish. I think somethig like 1-0 or 2-0. Weather is ezpected to be very cold with snow and the pitch may be will be not one of the best.Good bet for me is Ukraine & under 2.5 3.10 bet365.

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 Just a quick write up on the two match-ups that interest me tonight. Ireland v Austria This game is a must win for us here tonight. Having achieved what Trapp set out the boys to do in Sweden last week, it will all count for nothing if we don't get the three points tonight.. Austria are a decent quality side and have plenty of talent across the pitch.. Their midfield is superior to ours with the likes of Ivanschitz, Alaba, Junuzovic, Arnautovic all of which play in the Bundesliga creating for Hosiner and Weimann who are both in deadly form currently. If we are to win, we will probably have to score at least twice as I can see the visitors scoring. Sammon and Long are by no means clinical strikers but they work hard and can create chances. McCarhty is a creative spark and could play a big role if we do manage to get a result. Our defence ain't exactly perfect and Forde is a good keeper but still only Championship standard. My bet here is OVER 2.5 which is currently at 2.30 PP Wales v Croatia Croatia come to the Liberty on a high having beating the rivals Serbia 2:0 in the previous game and are along with Belgium favourites to progress. As I am originally from Croatia I watch all of the international games and follow the players.. I am fairly confident that we can get a result against the Welsh even though they have one of the most talented players in Europe currently. I expect the Whelsh to go all out and try win as this is their chance to grab points and beat us to the second spot in the group. Wales posses a failry average defence bar Williams (Swansea) and know that they can beat us only by outscoring us here tonight, so again OVER 2.5 seems like the most likely bet to me. 2.10 @ PP I hope that Stimac doesn't settle for a point away here becaouse it could be a risky one given the importance of the game to the hosts. So those are my thought on "my two nations" I could keep writing about both matches but I reckon that there should be goals in both games and odds are quite tasty..

Estonia vs Andorra Both teams has lost their chance to qualify but Estonia still want to take win vs Andorra. We have met Andorra 10 times and always won. I expect it to happen again tonight. Our two best strikers Ojamaa and Oper starts from bench, which is suprise to me. No changes in other squad. In last 5 games Andorra has produced only 1 goals to Estonia 9 goals and 3 games out of 5 has finished scoreline 2-0 to Estonia. 4 out of 5 games has finished under 2.5. My picks are: Correct score 2-0 to Estonia @ 4.5 with Bet365 Total goals under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365 Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
Both bet won! :ok

Estonia vs Andorra Both teams has lost their chance to qualify but Estonia still want to take win vs Andorra. We have met Andorra 10 times and always won. I expect it to happen again tonight. Our two best strikers Ojamaa and Oper starts from bench, which is suprise to me. No changes in other squad. In last 5 games Andorra has produced only 1 goals to Estonia 9 goals and 3 games out of 5 has finished scoreline 2-0 to Estonia. 4 out of 5 games has finished under 2.5. My picks are: Correct score 2-0 to Estonia @ 4.5 with Bet365 Total goals under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365 Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...

Estonia vs Andorra Estonia to win to nil @ 1.5 (
>Bet365
) I am taking this, Andorra's record has been done to death. 18 out of the last 20 games have been defeats to nil. They may be improving and I saw highlights of the Turkey game and yes they had one or two chances, though their main one came from a bad mistake on Turkey's part. Even so, 1.5 is big value in my opinion considering their poor historical record of scoring goals and the fact that they are away from home.

Nice calls guys, watched about 70mins of it and it pretty much went to script..:ok

Excellent call getting the correct score right :clap

Well done!!

Excellent picks Kevin :clap

Just a quick write up on the two match-ups that interest me tonight. Ireland v Austria This game is a must win for us here tonight. Having achieved what Trapp set out the boys to do in Sweden last week, it will all count for nothing if we don't get the three points tonight.. Austria are a decent quality side and have plenty of talent across the pitch.. Their midfield is superior to ours with the likes of Ivanschitz, Alaba, Junuzovic, Arnautovic all of which play in the Bundesliga creating for Hosiner and Weimann who are both in deadly form currently. If we are to win, we will probably have to score at least twice as I can see the visitors scoring. Sammon and Long are by no means clinical strikers but they work hard and can create chances. McCarhty is a creative spark and could play a big role if we do manage to get a result. Our defence ain't exactly perfect and Forde is a good keeper but still only Championship standard. My bet here is OVER 2.5 which is currently at 2.30 PP Wales v Croatia Croatia come to the Liberty on a high having beating the rivals Serbia 2:0 in the previous game and are along with Belgium favourites to progress. As I am originally from Croatia I watch all of the international games and follow the players.. I am fairly confident that we can get a result against the Welsh even though they have one of the most talented players in Europe currently. I expect the Whelsh to go all out and try win as this is their chance to grab points and beat us to the second spot in the group. Wales posses a failry average defence bar Williams (Swansea) and know that they can beat us only by outscoring us here tonight, so again OVER 2.5 seems like the most likely bet to me. 2.10 @ PP I hope that Stimac doesn't settle for a point away here becaouse it could be a risky one given the importance of the game to the hosts. So those are my thought on "my two nations" I could keep writing about both matches but I reckon that there should be goals in both games and odds are quite tasty..
Both bets won. Almost exactly as I expected scorewise in both also. Gutted we conceded in the 93rd min but the clown didn't see the obvious and failed to throw on Hoolahan so we can try keep possesion. Quality strike from Alaba though.. As far as Croatia, job done but poor performance from Vatreni.. Eduardo still got it :nana

Kazakhstan +4 @ 1.94 Malta +2.5 @ 2.01 Malta/Italy under 3.25 goals @ 1.99 Ukraine/Moldova over 3 goals @ 2.05 Aside from San Marino getting thrashed on Friday (first time they'd given up more than 5 at home in a long, long time), taking the generous handicaps was the play, as it usually is. The only reason the Kazakhs are +4 is that they were +2.5 at home and lost 0-3, and everybody assumes that home advantage will have Germany scoring at will. I still say matchups matter more than home field, and I don't see the Kazakhs losing 5-0. Malta haven't lost by 3 goals at home since 2009, and Italy doesn't look like the team that can do it. Ukraine overs? Well, there was a time when Moldova played to overs...I just see Ukraine building on their win Friday, and don't see anybody shying away from the attack.
3-0-1, and I know no one here will believe me, but I took Poland/San Marino under 5.5 goals late on, forgot to post it here. Got half of what I lost on them back from last Friday...happy days.

So.....be honest how many of you had your hearts in your mouths when the San Marino player went 1-on-1 with Boruc after 85 mins!? :lol Think mine stopped..:$
Many brown pants at this moment, mate. :lol Would have been an epic fail.

Group D Turkey v Hungary In recent years, Turkey have generally performed better than Hungary. But Hungary have done better so far in this compaign, and are currently four points above Turkey in the table. Hungary beat Turkey 3-1 at home last October, and I think their odds should be shorter than 5.5 to win this return game. Hungary 5.5 Bet365/BetVictor/William Hill
Result: 1-1 Bet lost I saw most of it, and I thought Turkey probably deserved to win. They did most of the pressing and were more positive. Hungary relied on the occasional break.

Group H Ukraine v Moldova Both these sides seem quite 'underish'. Eight out of Ukraine's last ten games have been under 2.5 goals, and seven of Moldova's last ten have been the same. The last three meetings between these sides have ended 0-0, 1-0 to Ukraine and 2-2. There seems to be a good chance that this game will finish under 2.5 goals, so odds of well over evens are worth taking I think. Under 2.5 goals 2.5 Bet365
Result: 2-1 Bet lost From what I saw, Ukraine were the better of two uninspiring teams. It was 0-0 at half time but things opened up in the second half, particularly after Ukraine took the lead after an hour.

So.....be honest how many of you had your hearts in your mouths when the San Marino player went 1-on-1 with Boruc after 85 mins!? :lol Think mine stopped..:$
How the hell did San Marino get a 1-on-1??!

I did try to watch the game, but got so bored I had to stop. Re the 1-on-1, I guess that's the difference between the top teams (e.g. Germany, Brazil) and the minnows. Quite often, when a player with one of the lesser sides is through on goal, they very often contrive to miss. When it's a player with a top side, they score.

I'm stunned they actually crossed the half-way line from what I saw in the first half. Probably deserve to be given a goal just for that. I was lucky enough to get 1.22 BTTS ''no'' at Hills and arbed it with a different bookmaker for a risk free return that was almost as much as I would of got with the odds for BTTS at most other bookies, so think I did alright. Didn't want to have a straight bet on this as it's still a risky bet, no matter how bad they are, and Poland is different to England. Can't wait for the rest of San Marino's games :lol

I'm done with these clean sheet bets' date=' they must have taken years off my life..[/quote'] That's the catch, I guess, mate. It takes all of five minutes to decide to take this bet, you get a very decent return, but it is horrible. I remember screaming at the likes of Lescott and Hart on Friday: ''stop p*ssing about at the back!'' :lol

Re: WC > Europe Qualifiers > March 26 I didn't see the San Marino game, but got on to win to nil @ 1.25 with Coral. The bets are great value, it can be stressful of course but IMO the important thing is not to go too mad with staking. I do use large stakes on these games but I try to make sure the loss would still be manageable if the bets did lose, as they will do inevitably at times. Anyone, even San Marino, can score a goal.