Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

March 18 - March 31

Re: March 18 - March 31 Rajeev Ram vs Diego Sebastian Schwartzman. Under 21.5 games at Bet365. Odds: 2.0 (6/10 stake) Interesting match in the qualifiers of the Miami Masters. Young Argentine Schwartzman versus Rajeev Ram. The youngster is a small guy with 1.70m and clay is his most preferred surface. He has yet to play a hardcourt match on hardcourt and has lost all his four encounters on the same surface on Challenger level. Ram on the other hand is an experienced hardcourt player, especially on Challenger level. He plays quite a lot in doubles and possesses a good serve and is a good net player. On clay Schwartzman would have won but despite the dreadful form Ram is in, the American should quite easily win this as the Argentine isn't used to the fast pace and pressure he'll be facing when Ram storms to the net. Also because of Schwartzman mediocre serve, Ram should have a lot of chances on return.

Re: March 18 - March 31 1 PICK FOR ATP MIAMI QUALIFICATION: RAM TO DEFEAT SCHWARTZMAN @ 1.54 on pinnaclesports Schwartzman is a very talented clay court player who will surely win some clay court tournaments, he is very consistent and able to keep ball in play for 30-40 shots but his defensive style of play is not suited to relatively quick hard courts at Miami. A win for an aggressive big-serving Ram.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Uladzimir Ignatik to beat Guillaume Rufin for a 1/10 stake at 2.46 with Pinnacle Just two smallish bets for me in the qualifiers. First of all, Guillaume Rufin is still apparently not completely past his health problems, so I believe that a small punt on Uladzimir Ignatik, who is a pretty decent hard court player by all kinds of standards, is in order at this kind of price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rufin-vs-ignatik-betting-uladzimir-ignatik-shouldn-t-be-such-a-big-underdog-against-guillaume-rufin Back Adrian Ungur to beat Robby Ginepri for a 1/10 stake at 2.21 with Pinnacle For me, Adrian Ungur is the better player of the two here. He is not having a great season right now, but I nevertheless do fancy his chances against Robby Ginepri, who is all about experience these days and that might simply not be enough against Ungur, who has a very decent forehand and who knows how to attack. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ungur-vs-ginepri-betting-adrian-ungur-can-get-back-on-track-with-a-win-over-robby-ginepri

Re: March 18 - March 31 Cedrik-Marcel Stebe vs Izak van der Merwe. Over 21.5 games @ Bet365. odds: 1.80 (5/10 stake) Another interesting match up. Both Van Der Merwe and Stebe are in horrendous form. Normally I would blindly take Stebe at ML odds in a small combo, but Stebe has only just returned from a period with an injury and in his first and only match after his recovery he lost against Herbert. The German lacks rhythm and will need a few matches to return to his old level. On the other hand Van Der Merwe hasn't won a decent match this year. In his defence, I think he should be able to keep it rather tight at least in the first set as Stebe will find it hard to catch some rhythm to start with. The big South-African has a good serve and should get a decent amount of cheap points of his first serves. Stebe should snatch this one away, but a 7-6 6-3 type of result is certainly very plausible and holds enough value to stake 5 units on it. GL

Re: March 18 - March 31 Matthew Ebden to beat Steve Johnson. 2.01 @ Pinnacle. (5/10 stake) I think it's ridiculous that Johnson is a favourite here. Both players possess a decent serve and forehand. But the match will be decided on the backhand. Johnson is much frailer on his backhand than Ebden and if he can expose that weakness and back it up with a good follow up at the net he'll surely win this match. Ebden isn't afraid of approaching the net and his net play is quite decent as well. Another important factor is the aggressiveness. I believe Ebden is capable of putting Johnson under pressure. The American isn't much of a counter puncher and can only win points when he's dictating points, when put under pressure he can become an unforced error machine. Finally I think Ebden is top 100 material and is the more solid player, I think he should win this one and the odds should be turned around at the very least.

Re: March 18 - March 31 De Bakker vs Nishioka . Under 19.5 games at 1.90 with Bet365 (8/10) I think this line is far too high. Although Nishioka is certainly a player that has talent and is a force to be reckoned with in a few years, he is far from ready to take on a player of the caliber of De Bakker. The young Japanese has been on a rise in 2013 which resulted in his first future title. But although hardcourt is his favourite surface he has solely played on the Future Tour (with the exception of 1 lost match on challenger level). Even though De Bakker is coming from a clay swing, his serve and punchy groundstrokes should put him through the match and finish off the Japanese quite easily.

Re: March 18 - March 31 bautista a. - zemlja 1 @ 1,80 bwin zemlja didnt play for few weeks due to some injury. Bautista is doing ok this season, he took djokovic into the TB in Indian Wells. Besides slow hard court should be advantage for Bautista.

Re: March 18 - March 31 bolelli - levine 1 @ 2,66 pinnacle Bolelli is just more talented player from these two. His got ups and downs this year, and basically last years he didn't live up to his abilities. However he shows from time to time his potential ( 1/2 final in Sao Paulo ). Slow hard courts are perfect for his game. As for Levine he entered top 100 this year but he is just average player. He leaves his heart out on the court but he just lucks skills. All in all this match is at best 50/50 and considering the price is worth betting on Bolelli.

Re: March 18 - March 31 De Bakker vs Roger Vasselin. Over 22.5 games @1.90 with Bet365 (6/10) An interesting match up between De Bakker and Roger Vasselin. The Frenchman is the correct favorite in the match, but I think that the Dutchman can make it a tight affair. Both players have a good serve and nice and punchy groundstrokes. De Bakker is trying to get back into the top 100 losing a CH clay final. He has had a match against youngster Nishioka to adapt to the surface. In the meanwhile Roger Vasselin reached the final at Delray Beach and had a obligatory win over Bhambri. I believe there is little between the two and my expectation is that Roger Vasselin should clinch this in 3 sets or 2 tight sets.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Matteo Viola to beat Guillaume Rufin for a 2/10 stake at 1.91 with William Hill Going against Rufin once again, as Viola is a big step up from Ignatik and we have seen how much trouble Rufin had against him yesterday. Viola, on the other hand, recorded a very straightforward victory against Thiago Alves and I now fancy him to go on and defeat Rufin as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/viola-vs-rufin-betting-matteo-viola-should-be-able-to-find-his-way-past-guillaume-rufin Back Irina Begu to beat Marina Erakovic for a 2/10 stake at 2.46 with Pinnacle Well, the conditions in Miami are apparently rather slow and, if that is correct, Irina Begu might easily have the upper hand in this match-up. She is the more consistent - and perhaps even the more talented - player of the two, so I would have the odds for her victory a touch lower. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/begu-vs-erakovic-the-talented-romanian-looks-value-against-marina-erakovic Back Ayumi Morita to beat Heather Watson for a 2/10 stake at 1.80 with Ladbrokes The two have already played in Miami once and Morita walked away as the winner in straight sets. That might not have an effect on this match, but I would nevertheless fancy Morita's chances in these conditions, as she is a player that knows how to get under her opponent's skin and that is something that Watson usually doesn't know how to deal with. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/morita-vs-watson-betting-a-very-tough-match-is-on-the-cards-for-heather-watson

Re: March 18 - March 31 Rochus vs Capdeville. Under 22.5 games @ 1.72 with Bet365 (3/10) In this match up, the small Belgian Rochus faces clay player Capdeville. Apart from the fact that the Chilian player has a rather good serve, I think he's miles behind Rochus in the rally on hardcourt. On clay this should be a different match up, but I think Rochus has some advantages also because he's been playing on hardcourt for weeks, while during that same period Capdeville was solely playing the red clay. I think the Chilean will have difficulties handling the pace and because Rochus has quite a good return game, Capdeville has to serve well constantly throughout the match to stand a chance. Unders in this pick, because Rochus sometimes has matches in which he hits everything in the net , so if the Belgian decides not to show up, we could possibly still win it.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Ram vs Haider-Maurer. Over 22.5 games @ 1.90 with Bet365 (5/10 stake) Another pick in the male qualies of Miami. Haider-Maurer found some of his mojo back by beating Berrer in the first round, while Ram broke his losing streak by prevailing against youngster Schwartzman. Both players are good servers and should get a lot of cheap points on serve. Where Ram is the more aggressive player and likes to approach the net more frequent than his Austrian opponent, Haider Maurer on his turn is the better one in rallies. This should be a really tight affair and I have no clue who will prevail in this encounter, but surely over holds the money in this one.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Agnieszka Radwanska to win WTA Sony Open Tennis @ 22.00 Betfair Radwanska arrives in Miami after suffering a relatively early exit in Indian Wells, falling to Kirilenko in the fourth round. Whilst it's probably fair to say that she isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, I think her price to win this tournament is too high considering that she is the defending champion. She is in the top half of the draw, and in order to reach the quarter-finals she might need to beat Barthel followed by Stephens or Venus Williams. She has a winning record against Barthel and Stephens, and has got the better of Venus Williams in their most recent meetings. Her most likely quarter-final opponent would be either Kvitova or Bartoli, and although she hasn't done very well in the past against Kvitova, she has always done well against Bartoli. As Bartoli has a respectable record against Kvitova, it's possible she might beat Kvitova if they play each other in the fourth round, and if that happens then Radwanska would probably be favourite to reach the semi-finals. Serena Williams would most likely provide the opposition in the last four, but as she withdrew from her last tournament in Dubai she may not be in top physical condition, even though she has had a period of rest since. Azarenka is the top seed in the bottom half, but she has also been having injury problems and withdrew from Indian Wells as a result. Radwanska has struggled against Azarenka in the past, but if Azarenka is not totally fit then she might have a chance to beat her if they meet in the final of this tournament. Radwanska is a player that I like because she is generally a steady player, and I can see her doing well in Miami.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Two for the men in Miami. Back Tomas Berdych to win ATP Sony Open Tennis @ 18.50 >Betfair Berdych looks to be in good nick right now, and I was impressed by the way he made the semi-finals in Indian Wells. He won all his matches in straight sets, before losing to Nadal. He has had a good season so far, making the latter stages of every tournament he has played, and I think he has a good chance of challenging in Miami. His first match will probably be against Istomin, followed by a third round match against Verdasco. He leads the h2h against Istomin, and Verdasco is badly out of form. In the fourth round he should play either Raonic or Querrey, and given the way he is playing at the moment he should have enough to make the quarter-final. He should play Gasquet for a place in the semi-final, a player he beat recently in Indian Wells. Murray should provide Berdych's opposition at the semi-final stage, and although it would be a tough match, Murray only came back to the tour in Indian Wells after a long absence and so might still be a bit rusty. Djokovic is the top seed and is expected to make the final, but his game looked a little off in Indian Wells. Even though Berdych has a poor record against Djokovic, if Djokovic is lacklustre like he appeared to be in Indian Wells, then Berdych might be able to beat him. I think Berdych has built up some good momentum so far this season, and if Djokovic and Murray falter then Berdych might just win his first title of the season. Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to win ATP Sony Open Tennis @ 60.00 >Betfair In addition to Berdych, I also like the look of Tsonga in the bottom half of the draw. He hasn't had the most consistent start to the season, and has mixed first round exits in Rotterdam and Dubai with a tournament win in Marseille and a good showing at the Australian Open. He laboured somewhat in Indian Wells, scraping past Blake and Fish before outlasting Raonic to reach a quarter-final match against Djokovic in which he was soundly beaten. His draw in Miami doesn't look too bad, and he should stand a good chance of making another quarter-final. First up should be a routine match against either Troicki or Andujar who are both out of sorts, followed by a possible third round match against Klizan, the player who bounced him out of last year's U.S. Open. I think Tsonga would be highly motivated if he plays against Klizan, another player who has no real current form to speak of. In the fourth round Tsonga is likely to play Cilic or Isner, and in my opinion he would have a good chance of beating either player. He has done well against Cilic in the past on hard surfaces, and Isner was beaten by Hewitt in his first match in Indian Wells after a shock loss to Roger-Vasselin in Delray Beach. If Tsonga is able to reach the quarter-finals his reward could be a match against Murray, but as Murray may not be completely up to speed after his time away from the tour, Tsonga might be able to make the semi-finals. Berdych might be the player standing between Tsonga and a place in the final, and as he beat Berdych in the Marseille final recently he would surely be confident he could beat him again to set up a final match against Djokovic. If Tsonga plays the way he did in Indian Wells against Djokovic, he would probably stand little chance of winning. However, if he plays to a high standard and if Djokovic has a bad day then it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he could take the title. There's no doubt this is a long shot, but for me the price about a Tsonga win in this tournament is too high.

Re: March 18 - March 31 First one taken for Miami tomorrow Annika Beck vs Ula Radwanska Maybe a risky one given that Beck seems to be struggling with results since moving permanently to the WTA tour this year. However it’s not been all bad for the young German, performances have generally varied wildly often within matches from the excellent to the awful and her biggest problem seems to be keeping hold of a lead. Against Bertens in Indian Wells, as well as Erakovic and Peng earlier in the season she’s come out strong, taken the first set and then fallen away. She obviously has the tools to trouble mid ranked competitors but its just a question of focus and being able to tough it out against better opponents. Whilst Radwanska had a strong Indian Wells, she can be pretty hit and miss herself and other than experience she doesn’t have any particular weapons in my opinion that could over power or hit Beck off the court. This should mean it will be pretty close in the opening sets and Beck has a decent chance of nicking something early on. Annika Beck to win a set 2.0 at Paddy Power (3 units) :hope

Re: March 18 - March 31 Petra Martic vs Stefanie Voegle Always close games between these pair and whilst Voegle leads the H2H 3-0 she has been taken into three sets in two of these matches, including a couple of weeks ago in Indian Wells. Martic has been struggling for form over the last few months but by all accounts played much better than she has all season in that match in the Californian desert. She won her first set of the year in clinical fashion dropping only 4 points on her serve, and indeed during the whole match she was only broken twice in 14 service games which is decent by WTA standards, but ultimately proved too much as she failed to take a couple of breaking back opportunities that Voegle presented her. I felt that on another day this could have easily gone Martic’s way so we’ll see what she can do today. Martic to win a set 1.83 at bwin (4 units) Martic to win 3.5 at skybet (2 units) :hope

Re: March 18 - March 31 1 PICK FOR WTA MIAMI: KUZNETSOVA TO DEFEAT DOMINGUEZ-LINO BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.44 on pinnaclesports/ladbrokes Dominguez will put a lot of slow balls into the court but Kuznetsova just has too much class for her, will hit a lot of winners.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Back Horacio Zeballos to beat Thiemo De Bakker for a 2/10 stake at 2.22 with Pinnacle Horacio Zeballos is still the classier player of the two in my opinion and I would actually have him as the favourite here, not the Dutchman. Of course, it seems that De Bakker is getting closer to his best tennis, but the win over Roger-Vasselin is the only great result he has recorded recently and that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zeballos-vs-de-bakker-betting-horacio-zeballos-looks-value-against-the-dutchman-2013-03-20 Back Victor Hanescu to beat Andrey Kuznetsov for a 2/10 stake at 2.20 with Pinnacle Victor Hanescu has played in Miami before and he also leads the H2H record 2-0, so I would say that the odds should be the other way around here. Neither guy is playing outstandingly well right now, but the Romanian can put his experience to good use on this surface and I have to say that I fancy his chances quite a lot. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hanescu-vs-kuznetsov-betting-victor-hanescu-to-improve-his-h2h-record-against-andrey-kuznetsov-2013-03-20 Back Jurgen Melzer to beat Ricardas Berankis for a 2/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Jurgen Melzer is always quite unpredictable, but he won the challenger in Dallas last week and I now expect him to build on that by winning against Ricardas Berankis, who has not been playing well in recent weeks. The Lithuanian is bound to bounce back at some point, but Melzer should be way too strong for him right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/melzer-vs-berankis-betting-jurgen-melzer-to-continue-his-good-run-with-a-win-over-ricardas-berankis-2013-03-20

Re: March 18 - March 31 Donskoy (-3 games) to beat Devvarman. Odds 2.02 @ Pinnacle (6/10 stake) Good value on Donskoy here. To be honest I was never too familiar with the Russian, but he showed up on my radar at the Aussie Open when he played and won a marathon match against countryman Youzhny. For the ones that do not know Donskoy: he possesses a good serve and both a good forehand as also a decent backhand. I find his footwork to be lazy at times, which results in silly errors. That could be his downfall, as I don't find the 22-year old to be solid or consistent enough to be a top 40-ish player as of yet, but the potential is certainly there. The Russian came off a great Indian Wells for him. He smashed Ito and had a great match against Andy Murray and really deserved the win in the first set. On the other hand, Devvarman is en route to recover his position on the world rankings after being out for most of 2011 with an injury. His ability to cover the court is certainly still good, what could frustrate Donskoy into making errors. However I find his ground strokes to be far from par and his 26 26 loss against Viola last week isn't too promising as to how the Indian is progressing. All in all I think that at the moment Donskoy should be too much for Devvarman. Paire vs Llodra. Over 23.5 games. Odds 2.19 @ Pinnacle (6/10 stake) Great match up to take this line. I fancy Paire to win this match for several reasons: the relatively slower surface suits his game more, he's the better player in the rally and lastly because of Llodra's withdrawal at Indian Wells. However I think over is the best play here. Llodra's serve and volley game should still get him a lot of cheap points as it is still hardcourt. Also Llodra's aggressiveness could frustrate Paire into making errors. Paire is a talented player but he's such a nut job at times. His mental instabilities lead to him being very erratic at times and makes him play a reasonable amount of unneeded three set matches. Over three recent tournaments he lost to Lorenzi, Devvarman and Baghdatis. In Rotterdam, against Baghdatis, he tanked his way to lose the first set with a bagel. During that set he was whining about everything. He lead on to win a quite good second set in the tiebreak. In the third after things weren't going his way he gave up with a so called injury. This is just to illustrate what kind of personality this guy has. Their last encounter was in Montpellier last month where Paire won the match 4-6 6-3 6-4. Despite the conditions being a lot faster there, I can see the match ending in a similar fashion. Berankis to beat Melzer. Odds 2.07 @ Pinnacle (7/10 stake) I'm very confident that the young and talented Berankis will win this match today. I was always a fan of Berankis when he was younger and thought he would breakthrough in the top 50 quite swiftly. Unfortunately due to some injuries and stagnation of progression this has yet to happen. Despite his erratic results also in 2013, he did show how good he can be at the Aussie Open when he beat Florian Mayer in a really distinct fashion and played a decent match against Murray. More importantly is the situation Melzer is in. Surely he's very confident at the moment, but I believe he's not up for the task at the moment. Don't forget that in Dallas, he has had to play 5 matches, of which 4 were 3-setters and he has also had to add 3 double matches to lift both crowns in Dallas. Also during the match I thought Kudla could beat Melzer, but it was clear that the 7 matches the American had to play to reach the final caught up to him. The Austrian himself is also a very erratic player and has the tendency to slack at times. This year, although he has won at Dallas and reached the Zagreb final, he has also lost to players like Sousa, Zverev, Korolev, Golubev and Jones. All players he could normally beat with his eyes closed.

Re: March 18 - March 31 Blake to beat Harrison 1.97 @ Pinnacle (8/10 stake) Not a great start to the tournament, but atleast I'm still happy with the picks I made. Time for another winner: I think odds are way too high on this one. Harrison isn't having a good year up till now and I think this isn't the match for him to turn the tide around. Blake is a bad match up for him at the moment because he has trouble with being a solid player in rallies. That's an advantage because the raw aggressive hit or miss style Blake uses should be very effective against the youngster. Blake should win this one if you ask me.

Re: March 18 - March 31

Blake to beat Harrison 1.97 @ Pinnacle (8/10 stake) Not a great start to the tournament, but atleast I'm still happy with the picks I made.
To be honest with you Regnavetto, I would've picked more or less the same matches. The Donskoy match is probably the biggest surprise to me but these sort of results are almost impossible to predict. Keep up the good work Cheers, Mark

Re: March 18 - March 31 Hello everybody Anyone see an value on C.Harrison vs Bellucci ? when i see the stats Harrison has a pretty good stats and Belucci has bad stats in this surface . @3.80 for Harrison on marathon i think its very big ..? do you have an idea for this odds ?

Re: March 18 - March 31 1 PICK FOR WTA MIAMI: CIBULKOVA-3 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT MLADENOVIC @ 1.75 on pinnaclesports Cibulkova seems to be healthy now and in good form. Otherwise, Mladenovic who is very talented and hits the ball very hard but is very erratic is still a level below her.