** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.?

Two points for me, 1. The resurgence of Stoute, I have missed the last two seasons him hitting over 20% SR, Im hoping it is to my pockets benefit he strikes back with vengance, 1 or 2 under the radar:hope:hope. 2. Having to put up with watching second and third rate jockeys, on 5th rate horses day in day out(given the odd race from time to time), getting pulled every which way, and connections treating us who watch,, as fools. Bye Bye AW till November.:nana:nana

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.?

Two points for me, 1. The resurgence of Stoute, I have missed the last two seasons him hitting over 20% SR, Im hoping it is to my pockets benefit he strikes back with vengance, 1 or 2 under the radar:hope:hope. 2. Having to put up with watching second and third rate jockeys, on 5th rate horses day in day out(given the odd race from time to time), getting pulled every which way, and connections treating us who watch,, as fools. Bye Bye AW till November.:nana:nana
Being able to stand at the races in just a t shirt with the sun on your back while watching some top class flat horses. The weather for last flat season and nearly all this jumps season has been woeful so I'm hoping for some sun. I like the 3 day Dante meeting at York and then the Derby eeting, Royal Ascot and more recently the Ebor meeting and Leger meetings. Got myself an annual pass for racing in Yorkshire so will get to more fixtures than ever this season. I agree about Stoute, really like the fella and hope he has a few decent ones this season, deserves it.

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? I can't wait for the flat season to start next week. I don't think the weather has helped in regards to my enthusiasm for the jumps season. Cheltenham certainly lived upto expectations. I always look forward to the 2 year old maidens and feel there is plenty of money to be made from these. Also looking forward to Tommy Stack's customary quick start to the Irish flat season

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? not bothered really but enjoy it once it gets going. Trends wise the saturday handicaps are good to have a crack at. Will try to get to a few meetings if i can, last year i couldn't get to many, although took in an Ascot card and also the Derby which i will do again this year May use my tesco clubcard points for some entrance tickets also !! Betting wise i found it hard last year and need a new strategy this year to make it pay I love having a crack at Windsor on a monday night and was gutted when i missed Hughes' 7 timer there

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? Looking forward to Royal Ascot, planning on going to the first day this year. Began to feel pretty gutted about Folkestone closing down, love going there on a quiet midweek afternoon with nice weather and watching the racing. Barely anyone there, love the place. Looking forward to the Lincoln meeting now, cant wait.

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? who is that irish jockey Russ used to follow, i think the lad was about 17 and was knocking in loads of winners, being lazy as i cant think where to search, although i am sure his 1st name started with B? Was it ben curtis?

who is that irish jockey Russ used to follow' date=' i think the lad was about 17 and was knocking in loads of winners, being lazy as i cant think where to search, although i am sure his 1st name started with B? Was it ben curtis?[/quote'] Yes,

Looking forward to Royal Ascot, planning on going to the first day this year. Began to feel pretty gutted about Folkestone closing down, love going there on a quiet midweek afternoon with nice weather and watching the racing. Barely anyone there, love the place. Looking forward to the Lincoln meeting now, cant wait.
3 or 4 Cracking races on Friday,,:ok

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? Can't wait to be honest. Watching speedy flat horses running on turf is just beautiful for they eye. As a Curragh member I'm obviously very keen on the start of the Irish flat season. It's just always great to have a day out at the races, watching horses and enjoying the sun with a beer in your hand. Betting wise to have all the possibilities again, with all the tracks back, this will be a huge help after a dreary winter on the All-Weather with the same horses running on the same three tracks day in and day out. Also want to make it over for a few meetings myself again, British Champions day at the end of the season probably again, but also St Leger, Guineas and Eclipse are on the card for me this year.

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? don't go racing much at all as I don't drive, will this year now I have a share in a 4yo filly so looking forward to those days. Really enjoy the York meets so hopefully she may run there this season. I do enjoy the maiden races as in most races you can narrow it down to a few runners. I also like to find a strong handicap ran in a good time and follow those runners closely over the next few runs, often some nice bets to be found especially when a down the field runner turns up at one of the smaller venues in either same or dropped in class. don't enjoy the majority of small field group for a punting point of view as they're very often tactical affairs and the bookies have most things covered anyway. Most of all I'll enjoy the sun after what seems the longest winter for many years.

Can't wait to be honest. Watching speedy flat horses running on turf is just beautiful for they eye. As a Curragh member I'm obviously very keen on the start of the Irish flat season. It's just always great to have a day out at the races' date=' watching horses and enjoying the sun with a beer in your hand. Betting wise to have all the possibilities again, with all the tracks back, this will be a huge help after a dreary winter on the All-Weather with the same horses running on the same three tracks day in and day out. Also want to make it over for a few meetings myself again, British Champions day at the end of the season probably again, but also St Leger, Guineas and Eclipse are on the card for me this year.[/quote'] I see DANDY MAN's first 2yo runs at Donny on Friday, Interesting entry.:ok Progeny could do well.

Re: The 2013 Flat Season is Back..What are you most looking forward to.? Multiple Gr1 winning / former champion jockey Ryan Moore winning back his title, the past 3 seasons others have been fortunate because of Ryans injury. Would also like to see other up and coming younger jockeys make a sustained challenge too like SDS, Buick plus Atzeni hashad some media cover too.