** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Round 2

Brisbane Broncos 1-12 @ 3.30 Sportingbet (Dragons v Broncos) Brisbane have a good recent history against the Dragons and I think the style of both teams is conducive to a lowish scoring game. Griffin has the Broncos as a defense first unit that still struggles in attack and rarely beats oppositions by big margins. By the same token, the Dragons lack attacking quality and rely heavily on Morris and Soward. Brisbane have the better quality players but as both teams have troubles putting a lot of points on I think the best value here is Brisbane to win by 1-12.

South Sydney vs Cronulla Both teams coming off excellent wins in round 1 and both teams they subsequently beat both won on the weekend albeit against average sides. There's no doubting the rabbitohs are the superior team and Cronulla must be mentally exhausted but I expect Cronulla to keep the bunnies at bay for at least the first 20-30 minutes and try and turn it into an arm wrestle. The bet I like requires a certain amount of luck but I expect the first half to be a grind tonight with Cronulla trying to hold firm. First try 8:00 minutes or later @ $1.90 First half under 19.5 points @ $1.90 Both with tab sportsbet.