** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 8 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Limerick FC (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Dundalk (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Bohemians (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Derry City (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 9 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Shamrock Rovers (15:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 1st post in this part of the forum but I do follow Irish football closely. Good work so far this season everyone, some excellent picks in here. 2.1 is currently widely available on over 2.5 goals in the St. Pats v Limerick match, appears to be excellent value in light of both sides recent games. St Pats, apart from just fresh from hammering poor UCD 9-0 in total over the course of the last few days, have also put in strong attacking performances in the home games before that- they were extremely unlucky to only come away with draws against Derry & Bohemians, whilst in fairness the 0-0 against Shamrock was a rather more tame affair. Limerick on the other hand have been putting in some decent displays on the road. They were very unlucky to come away with only a draw at UCD, where they created a lot of good chances, whilst they bagged 8 goals in total in the previous 3 away fixtures at Cork, Derry and Bray. I would be very surprised not to see goals in this one.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Following on from my UCD comments above, its likewise hard to resist +2.5 goals in their match at home to Bray this weekend. Even ignoring their recent humblings by St. Pats, the Students have generally defended worse than a blindfolded pub side in recent weeks, and its hard to see them keeping out an improving Bray side. Recent clean sheets at home against Shamrock & Bohemians should be viewed with caution- the Shamrock game was a highly fortunate result, totally dominated by Rovers, with the away side carving open the Students on many occasions. The Bohemians game saw a better defensive performance but the following 1-1 draw against Limerick was a very open game which deserved more goals. The improving Bray meanwhile have put in three good recent attacking perfomances on the road, at Cork, Shelbourne and Bohemians, resulting in 7 goals. The 7-0 thrashing at the hands of Shamrock however is still recent enough to suggest that The Seagulls will have their own worries defensively against a UCD side more than capable of finding the net themselves. All in all, another game that should see plenty of goalmouth action. UCD v Bray Wanderers +2.5 goals- 1.91 with William Hill

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 I'm choosing a combo today folks: St. Pats are very likely to win this game this afternoon. Limerick have many absences and St Pats are in great form, and will look to take advantage of the opportunity to extend their league lead to eight points. Sligo shouldn't score many goals today as they're missing Anthony Elding through suspension, while Raf Cretaro is injured. That's two of their three attacking players unavailable today. Furthermore Bohs will be much more organised for today's game, with Owen Heary available to play and I expect them to really make it difficult for Sligo. UCD will play Bray, and that game should see both teams looking to attack and trying to win. Both teams have defences which are not very reliable, whille both teams also have good attacks. UCD have up until they played St. Pats been finding goals easy to come by, through the likes of David McMillan, while Bray also have been scoring a lot of goals recently through the evergreen Jason Byrne. The odds are low for both teams to score, but it's quite likely, and therefore I'm including it in the combo. Therefore my bet is as follows: St Pats to win against Limerick (1.50 odds with bet365) Under 3.5 goals between Sligo and Bohemians (1.32 odds with bet365) Both teams to score between UCD and Bray (1.57 odds with bet365) Total combo is equal to 3.11 odds with bet365 (1 unit stake) I'd even recommend under 2.5 goals in the Sligo Rovers game as a 0.5 units stake if you can get close to evens on this game.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 10 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Drogheda United v Dundalk (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.99[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bohemians v Shelbourne FC (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bray Wanderers v Derry City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cork City FC v Drogheda United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dundalk v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shamrock Rovers v Limerick FC (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sligo Rovers v UCD (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Drogheda -v- Dundalk Drogheda host their neighbours and rivals Dundalk at Hunkey Doreys Park this evening, in what promises to be a very interesting derby match. Drogheda -v- Dundalk is a Louth derby and therefore will be a feisty affair. Last season Drogheda beat Dundalk twice, and drew twice (but won one of those drawn games on penalties, as it was a cup game). They played each other earlier this season at Dundalk's home Oriel Park, where Drogheda took a 2-0 lead, only for them to be pegged back to 2-2 late in the game. Dundalk are a stronger team this season, in drastic comparison to last season (where they were ****). Drogheda are waning slightly in comparison to last season. There's definitely a feeling that Dundalk are hungrier for this tie, but it really is too difficult to call a winner in this tie, even with the 0AH lines being more or less even. What is more likely is both teams scoring tonight. Both teams have important absences, which will likely disrupt either team's ability to perform as strong and organised as usual. Drogheda are without their regular goalkeeper (Gabriel Sava) through suspension, as well as their regular midfielder (David Cassidy) through suspension. Elsewhere they are likely to be without defender Derek Prendergast and midfielder Eric Foley through injury. Therefore Drogheda will be weakened in defence and midfield. Dundalk are missing three players through suspension. Captain and midfielder Stephen O'Donnell, and fellow midfielders John Sullivan and Darren Meenan are all out. Chris Shields remains out through injury. These are all important absences for Dundalk in midfield, especially Stephen O'Donnell. He has been excellent this season for Dundalk playing as a defensive midfielder, and I really do feel they'll miss the protection he gives his back four, which is not a very reliable back four at all in my opinion. On the other side of things, Drogheda are scoring a lot of goals at the moment. Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien is having another excellent season, while Peter Hynes will be pushing for more regular football after a good performance last week against Bohs in the FAI Cup. They also have Gary O'Neil and Graham Rusk who can score goals, so they have plenty of options. Dundalk have some good attacking players too. Richie Towell has been one of the more exciting players in the League of Ireland this season from midfield and has deserved a few more goals, while elsewhere Dundalk have found goals from John Dillon, Pat Hoban and Tiarnan Mulvenna. Also in the case of Mulvenna, he is an ex-Drogheda man and he'll be even hungrier to score against his old club perhaps than the rest of his players, as a point to prove. So in summary, it should be an interesting local derby, where I expect goals from either side. I can't say for sure whether there will be more than 2 goals, as these teams are quite even this season, therefore both teams to score is the safest bet in my opinion. It's only worth one stake to bet on though, and 1.70 odds are the lowest I'd look to take for this line too. Finally, the game will be live on Setanta Sports Ireland, and therefore available for streaming, if anybody wishes to watch! Good luck! My pick: Both teams to score = yes with Ladbrokes @ 1.70 odds (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 It was certainly very frustrating. I think Dundalk deserved their victory though. I can only suppose, but if the match official on the sideline had given the legitimate goal Dundalk scored just before half time, it's possible Drogheda would have come out all guns blazing in the second half and scored. Alas, it wasn't to be, and quite frankly Drogheda were very poor on the night, other than a 20 minute spell just half time when they played better. Anyway for tonight's games I'm going for another accumulator/combo approach. Sligo face UCD tomorrow evening and really should be able to keep a clean sheet. It's true that UCD have been rather free scoring in most of their games this season, but at the same time, they struggle to score against the bigger teams, and Sligo have the joint best defensive record in the league. The odds are high on this line, and therefore well worth taking. If Sligo don't score it'll be a huge shock, whereas if UCD do score, it'll be a huge shock too. If you're feeling more ambitious then it would be worth doing the Sligo to win to nil option for this combo instead. Shamrock Rovers host Limerick this evening and are definitely the team fancied to win. However, it won't be easy for them since they have a few defensive worries going into this game. Their first choice goalkeeper (Barry Murphy) is a doubt, while their best centre half Jason McGuinness also is a doubt. Limerick were convincingly beaten by St. Pats last week 3-0, however this evening's game will be completely different because Limerick will not have the same team issues they had last week. It should be a very tight encounter and this handicap line should be covered even if Shamrock Rovers win. Dundalk host St. Pats tonight, and I anticipate it being a tight contest. St. Pats don't concede many goals, while Dundalk aren't full of goal-scoring talent either. There should definitely be less than 3 goals in this game, and therefore this is a filler for the combo, to boost the odds further. Sligo -v- UCD: Both teams not to score (1.80 odds) Shamrock Rovers -v- Limerick: Limerick +1.5AH (1.52 odds) Dundalk -v- St. Pats: Under 3.5 goals (1.27 odds) Total Combo odds: 3.47 with bet365 Total stake: 1 unit

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

What are your local guys thoughts about X2 on DUNDALK. I have been following this league slightly and i would appreciate if you could help me with this selection.
Apologies for not seeing your post before the game. I'd probably have slightly recommended it. I was a bit wary of Dundalk's chances simply because they were missing their captain Stephen O'Donnell. As it turned out, they were the better team throughout the game.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray Wanderers v Derry City Bray have won four of their last ten starts, despite conceding a whopping 25 goals in the process, which is pretty hard to do, they have actually won four from five which sounds pretty good until you realise that they came against four of the other bottom six clubs and they still conceded eight times against that quartet. Those hard earned points against fellow relegation rivals have been hugely valuable and earned Bray a bit of a buffer over the drop zone, but points will be far harder to earn today against a Derry side who are looking to hold on to the coattails of leaders St Paddy's ahead of the mini (fortnight) break. The visitors have already won six times on the road and only conceded seven times in eight starts away from the Brandywell and have an awesome record against Wanderers in the IPL, unbeaten in six league visits to the Carlisle Grounds ( winning four). They are also 7-3-0 in ten reverse meetings and have a combined 30-7 goal difference across the 16 fixtures. Three points for City will ensure they remain in second place and a maximum six points off the lead with a game in hand, they have three of their next four starts at home, including a visit from the leaders, so the win today would be hugely valuable. They will once again be without both left back Thomas Crawley (10-1-0) and his back up Dermott McCaffrey ( 7-0-0), Crawley is a loss, he has missed the last six and Derry are 3-1-2 in his absence, conceding at the rate of 1.83 goals per game, just 0.5 when he plays and the situation is compounded with his back up also out today. However, the two wins without Crawley did actually come when McCaffrey was out too, both times they had to use a left sided midfielder as stand in, Sean Houston played in the first and his return from injury today to face his former club is very timely and at least gives them options for this key position. Holding player Barry Molloy ( 15-0-0) who sat out the 1-0 win at Shelborne last time out has not trained all week and seems highly unlikely to play any part. Veteran Bray striker Jason Byrne (16-10-0) could hardly be in better form with seven goals in his last two starts, but he has not scored in seven outings against City and the hosts are running out of options to play alongside him. Shane O'Neill ( 8-0-0) is out and young striker Ismahil Akinade (15-1-0) will be a last minute decision. Central defender Eoin Hyland (10-0-0) is again sidelined and this could be a major area of concern if captain and fellow centre back Danny O'Connor (7-0-0) also fails a late test. The threat of Byrne has already been highlighted by visiting coach Declan Devine, he will surely come in for special attention, but at 35 yo it will not be easy for him after starting all 16 games, especially if he is without his usual partner up front, the break will probably be very welcome for him. Defensively Bray look very vulnerable and I favour Derry to record that seventh away win. Derry City -0.75 ball There is a very good chance you could do much better "in running". City have scored 15 goals in their last 9 starts, only three came before the break and all after the 32nd minute, they like to ease their way into games and given the recent offensive threat of Bray and Byrne, they will surely be looking to keep the hosts quiet early, with a focus on the defensive side of things. You should be able to get much better odds after 20 minutes or so, if we are all square, or even better in terms of betting then, should Bray be ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 I'm going with a combo pick today with two games. Good luck if you choose to follow! Shelbourne -v- Sligo Rovers Shelbourne will host Sligo Rovers this evening at Tolka Park in a game the away side will be expected to win. The mid-season break will have been welcome for both sides, even though both clubs did record big and very important victories right before the break. In the case of Shelbourne, they recorded a big north-Dublin derby victory over Bohemians, when they won 3-0 away at Dalymount Park, while in the case of Sligo they halted a four game run without a win by defeating UCD 5-2. Today, both clubs have injury and suspension concerns ahead of this fixture. Shelbourne will be without their leading goalscorer Dean Kelly through injury as well as midfielder Paul Crowley. Defender Jack Memery and midfielder Stephen Hurley are also out, but through suspension. Such absences for Shelbourne provide a big selection headache for new manager Johnny McDonnell, especially when against Sligo. Sligo also have quite a number of absences too. Top goalscorer Anthony Elding remains suspended, Raff Cretaro, Evan McMillan and Danny Ventre are all out injured while Pascal Millien is away on international duty. Lee Lynch should be available from the bench for Sligo today in what will be a welcome boost, while Danny North is expected to start the game up front for the Bit O'Red. Therefore, I expect Sligo to have too much quality for today's fixture and I expect them to come away with a victory, albeit it may be a hard fought one. Drogheda United -v- Shamrock Rovers Drogheda United host Shamrock Rovers at Hunky Dorys Park this evening, in a repeat of the fixture that saw Shamrock Rovers absolutely destroy Drogheda 7-1 in the Setanta Cup final back in May. Drogheda will of course be very conscious of that particular humiliation on that afternoon as they take on Rovers this evening, but it could prove to be too difficult for them to actually go about seeking revenge. This is because Drogheda have a lot of absences tonight. They shall be missing six important first team players for this fixture; Philip Hand and Eric Foley through injury, while Ryan Brennan, Alan Byrne, David Cassidy and Alan McNally all must serve a suspension. It will be difficult for Drogheda to cope with these absences tonight, especially considering they are not performing well this season in comparison to last season, and also because they're up against a resurgent Shamrock Rovers. Under Trevor Croly, Shamrock Rovers have been making slow and steady progress as they continue through a transition period which is bringing with it positive signs. Rovers will be able to fully concentrate on this tie this evening because their League Cup game against St. Pat's due for Monday has been postponed due to St. Pat's European aspirations. Furthermore, Rovers only have one definite absence, defender David Elebert, and he isn't even a regular starter for Rovers either. Jason McGuinness is a doubt and if he doesn't play that certainly does weaken Rovers in defence. They should be too strong for Drogheda however, and they've been building confidence again under Trevor Croly and with their superior midfield and attack, should be able to win tonight. However, choosing the 0AH line offers security. My picks: Sligo Rovers -0.5AH (available at 1.53 odds with bet365) Shamrock Rovers 0AH (available at 1.30 odds with bet365) Total combo odds are 1.99 and I recommend 1/10 stakes All in all, a small and simple combo with Sligo -0.5AH and Shamrock Rovers 0AH should offer between 1.85-1.95 odds, and is a good option as a combo for the games this evening. I expect both teams to win their games, and am exercising slightly more caution with Rovers simply because their away fixture is trickier. Good luck if you choose to follow!

Not got much time but I would like to echo the thoughts above, as I also think the Shelbourne v Sligo fixture will prove tight. Along with the injuries and suspensions that Batigol alluded to, both sides have generally struggled for goals recently, the home side all season in fact. Elding's absence has been a big problem for Sligo but their 5-2 win over UCD showed that they can still cause damage against the weaker sides in the division, and they should come away from Shels with a narrow win. Sligo to win to nil- 6/4 with Coral.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 9 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Limerick FC v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 12 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dundalk v Bohemians (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shamrock Rovers v Derry City (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.08[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shelbourne FC v Cork City FC (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.06[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 14 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sligo Rovers v St. Patrick's Athletic (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]UCD v Drogheda United (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Combo Pick: Dundalk -v- Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers -v- Drogheda Dundalk -v- Bohemians Dundalk host Bohemians tomorrow at Oriel Park in a game which could send Dundalk to within three points of St. Pats at the top of the table. Dundalk recorded an excellent away victory last Friday in Derry, to add to the scalps of Sligo and St. Pat's in terms of away wins they've achieved this season. They must do battle with a completely out of form Bohemians team tomorrow, who will be missing their manager Aaron Callaghan through suspension, after he was sent off last Friday in the game against Limerick. Dundalk will welcome back captain Stephen O'Donnell from suspension, as well as Mark Rossiter and Chris Shields into their available team. They also have new centrald defender signing Brian Gartland available for selection. On their artificial surface, it would be expected that Dundalk will beat Bohemians, although it is always a difficult task to dispose of a team like Bohs, who are always setup to fight for a point. However, tomorrow offers Dundalk a really great chance to stamp their name as a genuine title contender, and I expect them to win, but perhaps only narrowly. My pick: Dundalk -0.5AH @ 1.48 odds with Bet365 Shamrock Rovers -v- Derry City Shamrock Rovers host Derry City tomorrow, and will be confident of winning this game. They're unbeaten in 9 league games, and they will at the very least extend that to 10 unbeaten games tomorrow. Derry are suffering from a mini-injury crisis at the moment, and are very weak in midfield for tomorrow's game. This is an area which Shamrock Rovers really should be able to capitalise upon as a result. Rovers have welcomed new signing and Libyan International Eamon Zayed into their attacking options, and he will be ready to score against his former team tomorrow. Therefore, and because they have home advantage too, I expect Rovers to at least draw this game tomorrow, but I think they can win this game. Therefore both Dundalk -0.5AH and Shamrock Rovers 0AH as a combo is a good option for a small bet tomorrow. Good luck! My pick: Shamrock Rovers 0AH @ 1.43 odds with Bet365 Total combo odds: 2.12 with Bet365 (1 unit stake)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Injuries and suspensions Shamrock Rovers v Derry City Shamrock Rovers: Barry Murphy (14/0 first goalkeeper), David Elbert (4/0 d) Derry City: Patrick McEleney (15/3 f), Ruaidhri Higgins (16/0 m), Barry Molloy (17/0 m), Kevin Deery (8/0 m), Thomas Crawley (10/1 f), Dean Jarvis (0/0 d), Sean Houston (11/0 f), Rory Patterson (16/14 f, top scorer, doubtful) Shelbourne FC v Cork City Shelbourne FC: Robert Bayly (14/0 m), Garreth O’Connor (2/0 m) (both doubtful), Paul Crowley (9/0 m), Dean Kelly (14/3 f) Cork City: Danny Furlong (12/1 f), Gearóid Morrissey (19/1 m) (both doubtful), Kevin Murray (5/0 d), Darren Dennehy (10/0 d), Colin Healy (15/1 m), Brian Lenihan (0/0 m), Danny Morrissey (12/1 f), Danny Murphy (19/1 d)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Shamrock Rovers -v- UCD Shamrock Rovers take on UCD this evening at Tallaght Stadium, in a game which Rovers will be fully expected to win. It'll be a game where no excuses will be accepted by the home fans, as Rovers continue to push on to be a realistic player in the title challenge. Shamrock Rovers are on a super run of late. They've gone 10 games without losing in the league, having won 6 of those games, drawing the other 4. They've yet to lose at home in the league this season, and have actually only lost twice all season in the league. As it happens one of those losses came away at UCD, in what was a surprise result. The difference in the Shamrock Rovers team now and then is great. There was real pressure on the Rovers team then because they had drawn too many games, and were well off the pace of the title chasers. They simply hadn't won enough games in the league, and the transition period of Trevor Croly was coming under scrutiny. Since then however, Rovers have gone from strength to strength and are beginning to look like they can free-score their way through games. A home game against UCD is the ideal opportunity for the Rovers players to give their fans a goal-fest. On Monday Rovers were able to give their strikers some target practice too, when they defeated a much weakened Dundalk team 4-1 in the Leinster Senior Cup. All four Rovers strikers on the night scored – Sheppard, Quigley, Zayed and Stewart. Rovers also were able to rest most of their first choice defenders and midfielders, and in fact Ronan Finn, Sean O'Connor, Billy Dennehy, Stephen Rice and James Chambers played no part in this game. It just goes to show the potential strength of this Rovers team, that they can still win games easily without their regular starters. Tonight Rovers do have some injury concerns. Their regular goalkeeper Barry Murphy remains out with a rib injury. David Elebert is also out, while both Pat Sullivan and Conor McCormack are doubts. Richard Brush is an able replacement for Barry Murphy, but at right back Rovers may be slightly short-numbered if Pat Sullivan does not play, because it's usually Conor McCormack who slots in there if Sullivan is out. Sullivan played the full match against Derry, and was not risked against Dundalk on Monday, so hopefully he will start. UCD pulled off a good draw at home against Drogheda last Sunday, but in the end they were quite lucky to do so. Drogheda were much weakened through defensive absences and tired legs, but yet were still able to really test UCD in their own home. An away trip to Tallaght is always a formidable challenge for any club, and for UCD it really may be too much. It should be remembered that UCD were absolutely hammered twice in one week against St. Pat's when they visited Richmond Park back in June, and Rovers will be of similar ilk. UCD are without their captain Mick Leahy who has picked up a groin injury and therefore had a minor setback following his return to training and matches (he's played a few friendlies). He played with UCD on Tuesday night, when they lost 4-0 to Aberdeen in a friendly, and indeed that defeat will have dented UCD's confidence somewhat. They also will miss Tomas Boyle through injury, while Cillian Morrison is a doubt having returned from the University Games with the Irish University team. UCD will really struggle to score this evening against a well drilled Rovers defence, and also because they've lost their top goalscorer. That said, UCD have shown their ability all through the season to score goals even up against much superior teams, and it shouldn't be forgotten they did beat Rovers 2-0. Rovers will be anxious to seek vengeance for that upset, and will be completely focused on this game because if they win they can go within six points of St. Pat's who do not play this weekend. It's a great opportunity for Rovers and I believe they're going to really make UCD suffer. Therefore the Shamrock Rovers -1.75AH line is a good line to chose, and as it happens the odds have been rising this morning on the line. I was hoping to get on the Rovers-1.5AH line, but the value is too low on that line right now. If the odds keep rising though, maybe that'll change. I'm playing a small stake on this line because it's still worth caution. Shamrock Rovers should win by at least two goals, and I am confident in their attack, but it's still worth remembering they've drawn 10 league games this season. They won't draw this, and they should win this relatively easy, but in previous games this season scoring goals has been a problem, so I must remember this fact. All that said, Mark Quigley is fit again and Eamon Zayed also scored his first goal for Rovers, so there is plenty of reasons to be confident about Rovers this evening. Good luck! My pick: Shamrock Rovers -1.75AH @ 1.86 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Going with a combo for this evening's league games, as follows: Dundalk -v- Shamrock Rovers Dundalk host Shamrock Rovers this evening at Oriel Park, in a game which is very important for both teams with regard to their title ambitions. This tie will likely be very tight and be a really close contest. In both league games between these two clubs this season, the games ended 0-0 and 1-0. Shamrock Rovers have especially struggled to score goals this season, and today's fixture won't be any easier since they will be missing their most creative midfielder Ronan Finn. Dundalk are likely to play a more cautious game than Shamrock Rovers, and therefore their defence and midfield play this evening should help prevent Shamrock Rovers from finding many goal chances. At the other end of the pitch, Shamrock Rovers' defence should be able to deal with Dundalk's attack quite well too. There is very unlikely to be many goals in this game, and with a lot at stake for each team's league credentials, a very edgy game is expected. St. Patrick's Athletic -v- Drogheda United St. Patrick's Athletic host Drogheda United this evening at Richmond Park, in a game where they'll be expected to win. The odds certainly reflect the likelihood of that outcome, but it certainly won't be an easy outing for the Saints. Drogheda United showed during the month of July that they have improved their defence an awful lot, and I believe their manager Mick Cooke will use this as a platform to get Drogheda performing for the rest of the season. The other reality for the Drogs now is that they are being reeled into a relegation battle, and so they must begin picking up points very soon, because all the teams below them are catching at their heels. St. Pat's are the best team in this league at the moment, but they struggle to score goals when they are in control of affairs. They are quite good in defence and usually at home can keep clean sheets, and today shouldn't be any different. That said, Drogheda have a good attack, and Cork City showed last week that even a mid table team can find mistakes in the Saints' defence. There shouldn't be more than three goals in this game though, and with St. Pat's superior midfield, I expect them to control large sections of this game, leaving Drogheda with limited opportunities to score. Again, there shouldn't be too many goals in this game. If Drogheda score, then I expect there should only be 3 goals, but the likelihood is that it will be a 1-0 or 2-0 home win. Good luck if you follow this combo today! My picks: Dundalk -v- Shamrock Rovers under 3 goals (available at 1.35 odds with >Bet365) St. Patrick's Athletic -v- Drogehda United under 3.5 goals (available at 1.35 odds with >Bet365) Total combo odds are 1.82 and I recommend 1/10 unit stakes. If you're looking for a single, St. Pat's to win to nil @ 2.40 odds with Bet365 is worth a bet.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 There's not really any other thread to put this tip in, so I'm writing it here. Cork City -v- Kilbarrack United Cork City take on Kilbarrack United this evening in the final match of the 2nd round of the FAI Cup. The reason this game takes place today, and not back in June is because Kilbarrack United were playing in the FAI Junior Cup final (the non-league cup) and so this fixture has been rescheduled to today's date. Kilbarrack United are a non-league club from Dublin and their new season is beginning again, since they play a winter league system, in contrast to the summer system the League of Ireland adopts. This therefore provides an advantage for Cork, since Kilbarrack United won't be as match fit as their hosts and opponents. That said, there's many reasons to go against Cork in this game. First and foremost, they've sacked their manager on Saturday, and new caretaker manager Stuart Ashton takes charge for this game. I don't think the players are going to react positively just yet, simply because only a new appointment will have that effect. Another big reason to oppose Cork today is with regard to their transfer activity during the close of transfer window. That window closed on 31st July, and Cork let go of quite a few of their attacking options. Denis Behan was released from his contract, as was Adam Rundle. Danny Furlong went on loan to Waterford United, while Daryl Kavanagh signed for St. Patrick's Athletic. So Cork City let go of four of their senior strikers, which leaves them with only two senior strikers – Ciaran Kilduff and Danny Morrissey. And to make matters even worse for today's fixture, Ciaran Kilduff is unavailable because he is cup-tied. So for today's fixture Cork will rely upon Danny Morrissey as their focal point up front. Elsewhere Cork will miss the following players today through injury – second goalkeeping choice Kalen Burns, club captain and centre half Kevin Murray, other centre half Darren Dennehy, Irish international midfielder Colin Healy, midfielder John Dunleavy and young striker Stephen Kenny. Centre half Kalen Spillane is also out of this game through suspension. So Cork are going to be quite light on bodies for this game, and are coming into this game following a 2-1 defeat to Limerick in the Munster derby of the Premier Division. They also have quite a big, money-spinning fixture tomorrow evening against West Bromwich Albion of the English Premier League, and all the senior players will be interested in playing in this game, because West Brom are bringing their first team squad for the tie. Therefore, there are lots of reasons to oppose Cork City this evening against Kilbarrack United. The asian handicap line is definitely fair given the contrast between the teams on paper, the fact that they are leagues apart. But a closer look suggests there is value on Kilbarrack's side. And I do admit I'm only looking at this tie from Cork's side, and looking at their weaknesses. They still have Daryl Horgan and Shane Duggan in midfield who can cause Kilbarrack United a lot of problems. But Kilbarrack will set themselves up to defend in this tie and they'll give Cork limited amounts of space. Kilbarrack aren't a bad team either. They got to the FAI Junior Cup final two years in a row, and back on June 2nd, drew 0-0 in the final and lost on penalties to Sheriff YC. Ideally I'd liked to have chosen the Kilbarrack +2.5AH line, but at the moment the best value line is the +2.25AH line with Bet365. In fact, no other reputable bookies are offering asian handicap lines for this match, which is quite frustrating. Still 2.05 odds for this line is good value. I'd recommend it as a bet for sure. Instead however, I'm going to bet on there being a lack of goals this afternoon. I doubt Kilbarrack will go out and attack in this tie, and I have already presented reasons above to believe Cork will struggle to score today. This is a huge game for Kilbarrack United, and they will treat this game very responsibly and will really give Cork a good test. Under 3.5 goals is available with Bet365 at 1.90 odds, and that's really good value, given that all other bookies (that offer the game) are offering odds on this line at ~1.70 odds. Bet365 only opened this market an hour ago, so it's a good time to get on the line. It's only worth a small bet however. Good luck! My pick: Under 3.5 goals at 1.90 odds with Bet365 (1 unit stake)

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Drogheda to win at 3.5 vs Sligo. Drogheda has played very well recently. It won its last 3 matches by 2 goals or more with clean sheets. In fact, it only allowed ONE goal in its last five matches. In its last 5 matches at 3-2-0 with one of the draws at St. Patrick. In its last 2 matches with Sligo earlier this year, Drogheda has tied 2-2 away and won 2-0 home.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Derry City - St. Patricks Derry City will be hoping to bring an awful run of home form in the league to an end as they face title favourites St Patrick's Athletic in a re-arranged fixture at the Brandywell on Tuesday evening. The Candystripes faint hopes of a title challenge seemed to come to an end on Friday as they were soundly beaten by a rejuvenated Cork City at Turner's Cross. City boss Declan Devine remains defiant however. Derry will be without Kevin Deery(mid 9/0) and Stewart Greacen(def 6/0) for the rest of the campaign whilst Sean Houston(15/1) and Thomas Crawley(f 10/1) are doubtful for the game. Rory Patterson will once again shoulder the hopes of the Derry faithful as he continues to score for fun even during this run of form. St Pats will be looking to bounce back from the disappointing draw against Bohemians on Friday and reclaim their place at the top of the table when they travel north to meet Derry City. St Pats who have had a stunning season so far are considered by many to be the favourites to lift the league crown with just eight games remaining. Saints travel to Foyleside with a full panel to select from with no injuries or suspensions to concern them. First game between this two teams earlier in the season ended 1:1. Derry plays better when they are far from home(they win 28 points on the road and only 17 home). While St. Patricks are one of the best travellers and they have best deffence in their away games(allowed only 7 goals in 10 matcehs on the road this season). Patricks have big motivation to turn back on the 1st place and i think that they have all the quality to make it. Tip: St. Patricks Odds: 2.10 bet365 Stake: 5/10 Drogheda United - Sligo Rovers Drogheda United will be aiming to make it eight games unbeaten in the Airtricity League when they welcome Sligo Rovers to Hunky Dory’s Park on Tuesday evening. United’s unbeaten record in the Premier Division stretches back to a scoreless draw with Shelbourne on July 7th and they go into this game with the champions following three consecutive victories in their last three fixtures. The home side welcome Declan ‘Fabio’ O’Brien back from suspension but will be without another striker, Mick Daly, who suffered a hamstring injury on Friday against Bray Wanderers. This game may also come too soon for Graham Rusk who is expected to be available again in the next week following a long-term calf injury. Drogheda manager Mick Cooke expressed his confidence in his side breaking into the top –half of the table ahead of the game Sligo Rovers travel to Drogheda United on Tuesday knowing victory guarantee’s them to close the gap at the top of the table. The Bit O’Red can move to within three points of League leaders Dundalk, who have played a game more. St. Patrick’s Athletic also play their game in hand tomorrow, and the best case scenario for Rovers will see a two point gap open between themselves and The Saints who are directly above them in second place. Iarfhlaith Davoren, Ross Gaynor and Evan McMillan are still out through injury while Pascal Millien is on Internationa duty with Haiti who play South Korea later this week. Sligo Rovers have failed to beat Drogheda United since August last year. They have met five times in all competitions since, losing three, drawing one and winning one. Since their 3-0 defeat to Shamrock Rovers on June 28th, Drogheda United have kept five clean sheets in their seven League games, conceding just three goals. This game is between two in form teams. Drogheda have 11 draws in 25 league matches this season, only Shamrock with 12 have more and i think most logical result from this game will be another draw. Tip: Draw Odds: 3,50 bet365 Stake: 3/10. part of the info is quote from extratime.ie. GL.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Ireland First Divivsion Finn Harps - Mervue Utd Finn Harps are on 6th place with 27 points. Harps are team who have no real aim to play for untill the end of season. They have lost quaterfinal replay in FAI Cup on Monday against Drogheda 2:0 and that was their last chance to make something important in this season. While Mervue are in battle for 3th place who give them playoff for the Premier League. They enter in this game after 2 consecotive wins and haven't play in the cup. In the next round they will be host against their rivals for 3th place Longford and they must win this game against Harps to keep the pressure. Mervue are more motivated team and have 2 weeks rest thats why i think they will win this fixture Tip: Mervue Utd Odds: 2.50 bet365 Stake: 4/10.