** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Cheers Batigol. You know your stuff on here! Domestic Success still the only priority for me. Watching Doyler and Nuttsy on Sky Sports now at Hampden. This will be Doylers fifth Cup final in a row - three with us two with Hibees! He'll not get that at Chesterfield! Betting wise - the League is too easy this year. Would be looking to oppose us and Derry if prices are right. We're not that far ahead of the rest!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Cheers Batigol. You know your stuff on here! Domestic Success still the only priority for me. Watching Doyler and Nuttsy on Sky Sports now at Hampden. This will be Doylers fifth Cup final in a row - three with us two with Hibees! He'll not get that at Chesterfield! Betting wise - the League is too easy this year. Would be looking to oppose us and Derry if prices are right. We're not that far ahead of the rest!
Well I personally think the Sligo team won't have any concerns winning the league this year, mainly because you've such a strong and settled squad, but also because you already have 24 points on the board! Clearly however, the next four league games are very important. I've been following Fenlon's work at Hibs ever since he went there 18 months ago, and he's done an incredible job in my opinion. Great to see him achieve a successive cup final for the club. However, they've even less chance this time against Celtic, than they did against Hearts, but you would expect them not to get destroyed like last year, even though it is Celtic. I didn't realise Doyle is signing for Chesterfield next season. Great signing for Paul Cook, but it's hardly a career progression move for Doyle. Unless they do make the playoffs and get promoted, but I doubt they will. There's plenty of surprises to come in the League of Ireland, but it definitely has been easy enough up until now.
Paddy power were top price Drogheda at 11/10 right up to kick off when they went into Evs with most bookies' date=' so they were bound to attract money then.[/quote'] Thing is though, the allegation came from an event that happened in the last minute. I assume there was an unusual high volume of money bet on either a penalty awarded or another goal near the end of the game, that has sparked this investigation. Who knows though.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 St. Patricks Athletic -v- Shelbourne St. Pats host Shels tonight in a Dublin derby at Richmond Park. Both teams played on Friday night, and this fixture represents a fixture that should have been played in March, but was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the time. I had actually tipped St. Pats to beat Shels that night with 3 units, on the simple line of 1x2. That day they were 1.60 odds. Today they're 1.35 odds. In my opinion there's no great difference in the respective teams, other than St. Pats having gone on a decent run, since losing to Shamrock Rovers, and other than the slip up at home to Dundalk. The day I tipped St. Pats do beat Shels, the away team were due to be without Graham Gartland in defence. That was part of the motivation for my pick then. Today Shels have no suspensions and are only without one player – Glen Cronin, who remains out due to injury. He is the club captain, but for once Shels have as close to a full squad to choose from. St. Pats have no selection worries either, except for the absence of Shane McFaul through injury, but realistically they can cover for him easily, since he probably isn't in their best XI as it is. Now, in my opinion the odds are offering great value on this line. St. Pats haven't looked too convincing this season yet, and just like last season are still suffering from the same problems – they simply lack a goalscorer. They struggled to a 1-0 win away at UCD on Friday, even though UCD had 10 men for most of the game. Shels for their part are playing terrible this season and are my favourite team to be relegated. But, as they continue to search for their first win, and because they only have a point, you would have to fancy their motivation to fight hard in this game. And furthermore it is a Dublin derby and therefore there is a lot of reasons for both teams to be motivated for this game. Therefore, to see this line available at such generous odds seems ridiculous in my opinion. Yes St. Pats could easily win tonight, but if Shels are able to score, I don't see St. Pats scoring three. And believe me, a striker like Philly Hughes is fully capable of scoring, especially against a defence like St. Pats' which have been making quite a lot of mistakes so far this season. Hughes has not had a great start to the season, and I'm sure the weight of expectation is clearly on his shoulders at this stage. So I'll take a low pick on Shels +1.5AH, more because the value is available, rather than me having a true belief in Shels' ability to win this line. That said, there is a good chance Shels can win the line, and since it's a Dublin derby, things don't necessarily have to pan out like they should on paper. Good luck. My pick: Shelbourne +1.5AH @ 1.869 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bohemians -v- Dundalk Bohemians host Dundalk tomorrow evening at Dalymount Park and will be looking to get back to winning ways. It's now been two defeats in a row for The Gypsies, after they were humbled at home 4-0 against Derry two weeks ago, and then allowed a lead to become a defeat against 10-man Limerick on Tuesday night. Bohs lost the game in the 92nd minute to a David O'Leary goal, and although Limerick were favourites before the game, it will have felt like a crushing blow to Callaghan's troops, considering how the game panned out. Therefore, and with only 2 full days of rest between that game and the game tomorrow for Bohs, you would expect Dundalk do have an advantage for this game. As it is, for me Dundalk are a better team and they've settled together quite well early this season. Stephen Kenny has basically built a team from scratch, and they have done quite well this season so far. They lost last week against Derry 3-1, and will have been frustrated not to have found a way back into the game with 20 minutes to go, when Derry were reduced to 10 men. They should carry that frustrating defeat at home (again having been 1-0 up in that game) into this game tomorrow, and with a full week's rest they should be prepared for this game. Dundalk should have a full first team to choose, whereas Bohs will most likely be without tallisman and captain Owen Heary and also with Chris Lyons. Bohs' pitch should also be improving, with there being much drier and warmer weather recently, and therefore this should allow for a more open game which could benefit Dundalk. Overall, I would defintely consider Dundalk slight favourites for this game, and with the 0AH line on Dundalk offering decent value, it's worth a small bet. My pick: Dundalk 0AH @ 1.87 odds with 188bet (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Derry City -v- Shamrock Rovers Derry City host Shamrock Rovers tomorrow at the Brandywell, and really are performing excellently so far this season. Any team playing away at the Brandywell at the best of times will find it hard to come home with a result, so tomorrow's test for Shamrock Rovers, given that Derry are on a run of five straight victories in the league, is one which is monumental. Shamrock Rovers did have an absolutely outstanding victory last Friday against Bray at home, when they won 7-0 and that certainly provides encouragement for them to kick on this season. However, they had a difficult and frustrating game at home against Cork on Tuesday night in the Setanta Cup semi final first leg, and drew that game 1-1. They must travel to Cork on Monday, where they will be gunning to win that game in order to make it through to the final of the Setanta Cup. There is no doubt that Trevor Croly and his team are taking that competition seriously, not just because there is good prize money, but also from Trevor's point of view, he'll want to win it to prove that he is a manager who has what it takes to win trophies and be in charge of a team as big as Shamrock Rovers. Therefore there is a chance Shamrock Rovers may even rest players tomorrow, but that is probably quite unlikely. Either way they are going to have tired legs in their squad, because they did put out their best team on Tuesday against Cork, and will have had only two full days of rest for this game tomorrow. Derry for their part will have had a full week of reset and will be completely focused on their test tomorrow, especially since they are actually mounting a realistic challenge to Sligo in the league this season, and will want to try and take advantage with Sligo travelling to St. Patricks Athletic, which could prove a tricky encounter. Derry will be without Shane McEleney through suspension, after he was sent off last week. They may also still be without Stewart Greacen, who is a very important centre half for the team and has been injured for some time now. Also there are doubts over whether Kevin Deery or Sean Houston will be available for this game too. Therefore it would be fair to say that Derry are likely to miss a few important players. Shamrock Rovers however are also likely to be missing Ken Oman in defence after he came off injured against Cork on Tuesday. They also are missing Jason McGuinness and David Elebert through injury and will again be looking to a makeshift defence for this game. And like I said earlier, there is a small chance Trevor Croly will choose to rest a few players in midfield and attack for this test with Derry tomorrow. With the way Derry are playing, with the likes of Barry McNamee, Paddy Kavanagh and Barry Molloy creating havoc from midfield, and with Michael Rafter and Rory Patterson really proving potent in front of goal thus far this season, Derry should be fancied for this home game. Shamrock Rovers are still a bit away from being a good team, and it remains to be seen if they can put in consistent performances game after game. And because they may have their eyes more focused upon the 2nd leg of their semi final on Monday, it is worthwhile choosing the very generous odds on Derry 0AH for this game, with a small bet. My pick: Derry 0AH @ 1.925 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Drogheda United -v- UCD Drogheda will host UCD tomorrow at Hunky Dorys Park in an interesting encounter for both teams. Drogheda have started the season quite well, and therefore should be confident that they can repeat last year's season where they finished second in some shape or form. The Drogs went and defeated Sligo Rovers 2-0 at home on Tuesday night in what was the first time Sligo have even failed to win a game this season. From what a I heard, Drogheada got 'stuck in' and made it difficult for Sligo to play. As Sligo were already showing signs of struggling performance-wise on Saturday against Cork, it doesn't come as a surprise that a team was able to take advantage. That said, the Drogs now hold a 2-0 advantage in the Setanta Cup semi final over Sligo, and with a difficult trip coming up after this game to the Showgrounds, but with an excellent chance to make it to the final, you would have to say Drogheda will be focused on ensuring that happens. UCD for their part have been extremely unlucky in recent games. They still only have one point on the board, and most people would be excused for thinking they deserve to be down there, given their horrible looking goal difference. But I know they are not that bad. Against Cork away, they should have at least drawn that game, while even last week against St. Pats where they were reduced to 10 men before half time, it took a goal just before half time to see St. Pats win the game 1-0. UCD fought hard in the second half, and although St. Pats really could have won by more, UCD weren't too far away from picking up a point. The players are performing for their manager Martin Russell, and he is one of the better managers and coaches in this league. I think they can get something from tomorrow's game and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off a draw, because performance-wise Russell is now getting consistency from the team. Furthermore, UCD have rested legs and will be fully focused on this tie tomorrow, while the Drogs will have tired legs having played on Tuesday and also may be concentrating on their game on Monday night too. It's possible Drogheda will rest players tomorrow. UCD will however be without James Kavanagh through suspension after his red card last week, but I think they can easily cover for him. They still are missing their captain Mick Leahy in defence and that is a more serious absence, but it hasn't stopped them away to Cork or playing St. Pats last week from almost upsetting the applecart, and I think they can do likewise tomorrow. Therefore, it is me being ultra-cautious picking a +1.25AH line on UCD, yet the value is there and I think it is worth a small bet. My pick: UCD +1.25AH @ 1.82 odds with 188bet (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Oh, finally back from vacation :) Well done Batigol :ok Bray Wanderers vs Limerick Away side won in last two visits at Carlisle Grounds (3:1 and 4:0 in Cup games in 2011 and 2012). Also, they are in better shape and the Super Blues are better side, IMO (you already know that the Seagulls are my favorites for relegation). Bray will have to wait on the fitness of 7 first team players including topscorer J. Byrne and captain D. O'Connor. On the other hand, Limerick will be only without P.Nzuzi due to suspension, but good news is that captain J. Gamble is back. I can see easy win for the visitors. Limerick @2.10 Marathon, Paddy Power medium stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Team news is discouraging for your bet unfortunately McNasara. Jason Byrne, captain Danny O'Connor, Kevin Knight and Daire Doyle all start. Furthermore, Shane Costelloe (17 years old) is making his debut in place of Nzuzi who is suspended. Stephen Bradley is oddly enough nowhere to be seen today, and that's a big blow for Limerick. Aaron Brown drops to the bench. I'm on Bray +0.5AH @ 1.99 odds with pinnacle. (1 unit)

Oh, finally back from vacation :) Well done Batigol :ok Bray Wanderers vs Limerick Away side won in last two visits at Carlisle Grounds (3:1 and 4:0 in Cup games in 2011 and 2012). Also, they are in better shape and the Super Blues are better side, IMO (you already know that the Seagulls are my favorites for relegation). Bray will have to wait on the fitness of 7 first team players including topscorer J. Byrne and captain D. O'Connor. On the other hand, Limerick will be only without P.Nzuzi due to suspension, but good news is that captain J. Gamble is back. I can see easy win for the visitors. Limerick @2.10 Marathon, Paddy Power medium stake
0:4 :ok

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 26 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v Cork City FC (19:35 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Derry City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 27 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Limerick FC v Shelbourne FC (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Drogheda United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Dundalk -v- Cork City Dundalk host Cork City at Oriel Park tomorrow evening, in a game which will be televised on RTE, and will be an interesting tie for the following reasons: Dundalk have yet to win a game at home this season in the league, while Cork have yet to win a game away this season in the league. Dundalk have started this season very strongly and will be confident going into tomorrow's game, where they will hope to pick up their first home win of the season. It should be noted, that of their four home games they've played this season, they've been up against four very tough teams. They lost 3-1 against the champions and league leaders Sligo Rovers, drew 2-2 against last year's runners up and their arch rivals Drogheda United, drew 2-2 against Limerick, who have started the season very brightly after promotion from the First Division last year, and they recently lost 3-1 to the Derry City, who are having an excellent start to the season, and only find themselves 2 points behind Sligo Rovers in second place. So, if one considers who Dundalk have played at home like above, it's not necessarily surprising they've not picked up a first home win. Now let's talk about Cork. Cork have not won a single away league game this season, while interestingly enough they only won three away league games in total last season. They simply do not have the winning mentality about them under manager Tommy Dunne, and what hampers them furthermore is that they really lack a goalscorer. Cork travel to Dundalk for tomorrow's game, knowing that they drew 1-1 away last season against the worst Dundalk team in a long, long time. They also know they are going to have a slight disadvantage playing on Oriel Park's all-weather pitch. However, the real problems for Cork lie in their absences and also in what happened last Monday. Cork will be without captain and centre half Kevin Murray, while they will also be without their other leader and centre half Dan Murray. They are therefore missing two very important leaders and defensive players. To make matters worse, Cork will also be without ex-Irish international Colin Healy, who is also a big leader in the team, and one of Cork's best midfielders. As for last Monday, Cork went crashing out of the Setanta Cup in crushing style. They conceded a 93rd minute equaliser against Shamrock Rovers, to draw the game 2-2 and go out of the Setanta Cup semi-finals on away goals. Only five minutes previously had they actually taken the lead again in the game, 2-1, and they were on course to make it to the final of this competition. The manager was visibly frustrated, annoyed and devastated after the match in his post-match interview, and all week there have been quotes from the players talking about the aftermath of the game. It's a real blow to the players' confidence, especially since there is a real pattern that Cork are unable to close out a game on many occasions this season and last season. Dundalk are missing John Dillon through suspension and also Chris Shields through injury. Both players are important absences for Dundalk too in midfield and so it shouldn't be underestimated. However, Dundalk still have plenty of options to make up for both players in my opinion, although they will miss John Dillon's goals from midfield. So, I've come to the conclusion that Dundalk should pick up their first home win of the season, due to having a small advantage with the pitch, an advantage with the fact they've had a full week to prepare for this game, given that Cork are going to be weak once again in defence, and without their captain also, and given that Cork's motivation and confidence will undoubtedly be dented. I would have ideally liked to pick a Dundalk 0AH line for this game, because then I'd be fully satisfied that this pick would be covered for worst possible scenario – a draw, but the value available on the -0.25AH line for Dundalk is extremely generous, and therefore I think even with a small hesitation it is still well wort My pick: Dundalk -0.25AH with 188bet @ 2.07 odds (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 UCD -v- Shamrock Rovers UCD host Shamrock Rovers tomorrow evening at the UCD Bowl in what will be a tough encounter for Shamrock Rovers. UCD are now bottom of the league after Shelbourne picked up a point away at Cork last week, and with Shamrock Rovers coming to visit the Students, it probably wouldn't just be the pessimists that would think another defeat is on the cards for UCD. In reality however, UCD have some advantages in their favour going into this game. First and foremost, they've had a full week to prepare for this game, whereas Shamrock Rovers having lost 2-1 away against Derry last week, also had to travel to the other end of the country and play Cork away on Monday. Shamrock Rovers did manage a 2-2 draw which will undoubtedly give them a huge morale and confidence boost, with the draw having been achieved through a last minute equaliser, and it meaning Shamrock Rovers will play in the Setanta Cup final in May. However, there can be no doubting Shamrock Rovers will be tired after these two tough away games in the space of four days, and now they must face a third consecutive away game. Furthermore, Shamrock Rovers picked up a few injuries in the Cork game on Monday night. Conor Powell went off injured and he is therefore out of tomorrow's game. Alongside his absence, Shamrock Rovers will also be without Jason McGuinness, Ken Oman and Mark Quigley through injury, while Pat Sullivan is suspended. Also, Ciaran Kilduff picked up a knock against Cork on Monday and he is a doubt, while Derek Foran also picked up a knock in the same game, but managed to pull through it and will be fit for tomorrow's game. So, all that means Shamrock Rovers will be without their first choice right back (Pat Sullivan) and first choice left back (Conor Powell), while they're also without their best centre half (Jason McGuinness) and their third choice centre half (Ken Oman). They're really stretched in defensive options as a result. Derek Foran will start at centre half, and Danny Ledwith will start at left back. Who will start at right back and centre half for Shamrock Rovers is anybody's guess. I assume Conor McCormack will play somewhere in defence, and most likely David Elebert too. But it's really going to be a weak defence, and therefore I feel UCD can take advantage of things, especially since they have some pacey attacking players. UCD remain without their captain and best centre half Mick Leahy, but with Shamrock Rovers definitely missing their best centre forward (Mark Quigley) and most likely missing their top scoring centre forward Ciaran Killduff, Shamrock Rovers are already going to be a bit nullified in taking advantage of UCD's own defensive frailties. Otherwise, UCD are at full strength for the tie tomorrow, and with a full week to prepare for this tie, they will be up for the game. If Shamrock Rovers are going to win this game comfortably, they're going to need an incredible set of performances from the likes of Ronan Finn, James Chambers, Sean O'Connor and Gary McCabe. I expect all those players to start, and unless they do all perform to their best abilities, UCD will make Shamrock Rovers struggle. UCD played very well against Drogheda United last Friday night, especially near the end of the game, and their manager Martin Russell is hoping his players bring that performance into tomorrow's game. The reality is, UCD have been performing extremely well over the past few weeks, and if they do again so tomorrow, there is every reason to believe they can pick up a draw. I don't think Shamrock Rovers will win this game by two clear goals, and as I have just said, it's quite possible a draw is on the cards tomorrow evening. Therefore there is huge value in the UCD +1.5AH line. It's a huge overreaction based upon UCD's place in the league table, and Shamrock Rovers' past reputation. Therefore it is a must pick with low stakes. My pick: UCD +1.5AH @ 1.75 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

hi mates please can you help me?my picks are:U.C.D. - Shamrock Rovers AW + Longford Town - Salthill Devon HW what do you think?
Shamrock Rovers away win is in no way, shape or form a banker tomorrow. The odds do not reflect the reality in my opinion. Instead, and for slightly better odds, you can get Limerick to beat Shelbourne at home on Saturday, which is pretty much a banker in my opinion.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 UCD vs Shamrock Rovers Absolutely agree with batigol, but I'm taking another bet. The Students are really poor with just one point from nine league games, with one scored goal in four games at home. Also, the Hoops aren't ideally placed because haven't won any of the five league games on the road so far. Shamrock won eight times in their last nine games at the UCD Bowl, and UCD with Martin Russsel won only 5 out of a possible 33 points against the city rival. However, they've scored 11 goals (and conceded 31) in those 11 matches, but tonight will have a nice chance to improve that record. In fact, Rovers are tired (played on Friday and Monday with four conceded goals in two games) and have some important absences in the defensive line now. J. McGuinness, K. Oman and C. Powell are injured, while P. Sullivan is banned. These are all defenders and it can be a problem for the guests. Another missings are striker M. Quigley in away, and defender M. Leahy in home side. This should be an interesting game, where we should see goals from both sides, I hope. Shamrock is a favorite, but with absences in defense - their odds are ridiculous, and I think that home team has a nice chance to score at least one goal. BTS & over 2,5 @2.60 at local (soccer) low stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 St Patricks-Derry. Derry 0 ball AH @ 2.25 B 365 Declan Devine welcomes back Shane Mc Eleney from suspension and Molloy and Crawley are expected to be fit. Two teams in hot form at the momment, so it will more than likely a tight encounter. I'm hoping that Derry with the available players will edge it. Their manager is not the type of guy to get complacent and knows what is at stake here. Derrys buoyant enthusiasm to carry the day.

UCD vs Shamrock Rovers Absolutely agree with batigol, but I'm taking another bet. The Students are really poor with just one point from nine league games, with one scored goal in four games at home. Also, the Hoops aren't ideally placed because haven't won any of the five league games on the road so far. Shamrock won eight times in their last nine games at the UCD Bowl, and UCD with Martin Russsel won only 5 out of a possible 33 points against the city rival. However, they've scored 11 goals (and conceded 31) in those 11 matches, but tonight will have a nice chance to improve that record. In fact, Rovers are tired (played on Friday and Monday with four conceded goals in two games) and have some important absences in the defensive line now. J. McGuinness, K. Oman and C. Powell are injured, while P. Sullivan is banned. These are all defenders and it can be a problem for the guests. Another missings are striker M. Quigley in away, and defender M. Leahy in home side. This should be an interesting game, where we should see goals from both sides, I hope. Shamrock is a favorite, but with absences in defense - their odds are ridiculous, and I think that home team has a nice chance to score at least one goal. BTS & over 2,5 @2.60 at local (soccer) low stake
The biggest favorite for the title lost 2:0 against the biggest favorite for relegation (pre-season). I was right that students should score at least one goal, but this is really a heavy blow for away coach Croly (who can be fired in the near future, IMO). I don't believe I was wrong with a bet which had great value, on the other hand - all praise for batigol. :ok

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 It certainly was a huge surprise that Shamrock Rovers didn't score tonight. They had 11 corners to UCD's 4, and at half time it was 7 corners - 0 corners. UCD only had one shot in all of the first half. The reality is Shamrock Rovers are having really tough times up front without Gary Twigg. Karl Sheppard never proved himself a goalscorer in the League of Ireland before he moved to England, and he's not settled into the role with Shamrock Rovers yet, or even settled back into the League of Ireland. Tommy Stewart is really an average striker. Ciaran Kilduff has the ability, but is too injury prone. Mark Quigley, the man who should be the star striker for Rovers, has had an unlucky injury plagued start to the season. With both Kilduff and Quigley struggling for fitness, it's going to remain tough for Rovers to score and ultimately win games this season - that's the reality until especially Quigley proves he can play a full 90 minutes, and until he finds form. I don't think Croly will be fired soon. Stephen Kenny was given a long time last season, before he was eventually fired, and his sacking was long overdue. Croly has managed to get Rovers to the Setanta Cup final, so that'll ease pressure on him. However, there was a lot of discontent from Shamrock Rovers fans at the game tonight, so if he loses the fans completely, then he'll be in danger for certain.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 29 April 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Cork City FC (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Bohemians (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray Wanderers -v- Cork City Bray Wanderers will host Cork City tomorrow night at the Carlisle Grounds, in a rearranged game, allowing both clubs to catch up with the rest of the league and play their tenth game of the season. Both teams played away games on Friday night, and both teams saw defeats. Bray lost against Bohemians 3-2, while Cork lost 2-0 against Dundalk. Both teams are also in poor form, with Bray having lost five games in a row, and having not won a league game since the first game of the season. Cork are three games without a win, and as I stated on Friday night's game, they are without an away win this season from four games. Of their three away wins last season, one of them came at their only trip to the Carlisle Grounds in 2012. So it is fair to say that both teams come into this game in bad shape, struggling to get any sort of momentum in the league. This is probably especially the case for Cork, considering they started the season very brightly and would have had expectations for a good year before the season began. Bray realistically knew they were in for another relegation battle this season. The difference however between these teams coming into this game is the fact that Cork put in probably their worst performance of the season on Friday, while Bray played very well against Bohemians, but through really poor defending and bad luck in front of goal lost the game. This is the important element to consider for tomorrow's game. Cork are on a downward curve at the moment, and there are lots of question marks over Tommy Dunne's tenure at the moment. He's on a long-term deal however and this therefore places some reluctance to remove him from his position for Cork. In my opinion, and it's shared among Cork fans too, the players simply aren't performing for him, nor is he getting them to perform. This is always a bad sign for any club, and having watched how poorly Cork played in Dundalk on Friday night I am convinced things will continue to slide this season for Dunne's Cork. Even though Bray got hammered against Limerick 4-0 last weekend, they actually were unlucky not to score a few goals, and they did up their performance against Bohemians on Friday. Against Shamrock Rovers and Limerick they clearly had a battered and bruised squad, and hopefully they've overcome those problems now since Friday. I do think the response from their team against Bohs shows that they're hungry and willing to fight for points, and with UCD picking up a win on Friday, and Shelbourne pulling off an unlikely draw away at Limerick yesterday, Bray know they need to stop the rot as soon as possible to keep ahead of the relegation posse. Coming into this game both teams have injury concerns. Cork will once again be without their captain and centre half Kevin Murray, as well as their other experienced centre half and leader Dan Murray. They are also likely to be without another important centre half Darren Dennehy and the young and impressive John Dunleavy. Daryl Kavanagh, one of Cork's bright sparks this season is a doubt for the game too. So once again Cork are likely to see a makeshift central defence. They started with Colin Healy and Gary Buckley on Friday, and they looked clearly vulnerable with that defence. The absence of Dunleavy in midfield will be a big blow too if he cannot play, and if Cork are forced to play Colin Healy in defence again, then their midfield really will struggle. With their inability to score goals, they really can ill afford to miss somebody like Daryl Kavanagh, even if they are playing a Bray team with a poor defensive record. Bray for their part are definitely missing Adam Mitchell, and quite probably missing the O'Connor brothers Shane and Kevin. Gary Dempsey and Conor Earley are doubts, although both are expected to play. Bray will need somebody like Dempsey in midfield to give them a chance tomorrow, while with Jason Byrne and Kieran Marty Waters in attack, they will be dangerous. So, considering that Cork are not good away from home under Tommy Dunne, and considering how poorly they are playing at the moment, as well as their injury problems, I think the line on Bray +0.5AH presents value. I think only a small bet is worth doing however, because Bray are missing some important players, and are the weaker team on paper. However, I think Bray can come out of tomorrow's game with a draw as I expect them to be more motivated for the game. My pick: Bray Wanderers +0.5AH @ 1.87 odds with 188bet (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray-Cork City. Cork City 11/10; Cork City 2/1 minus 1 AH B365 Don't mean to pour cold water on Batig's post but I see this game differently. Bray lost to a team on Friday that are only slightly worse than themselves (Bohs). Bray's treatment room is full at the momment, add another two to that list (Gary Dempsey, Conor Earley) after Friday's game. Before breaching the Bohs defence, Bray failed to register in their previous four games. Although Cork have not won in five games, they did manage two draws against Shamrock in that period. They have their own injury issues, but I believe they are the stronger outfit here. GL

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 You got it right jackierubberleg! Although I do feel as if Cork stole the victory in the end. I honestly cannot believe Bray couldn't hold on to at least a draw in the end of this game, but realistically they spurned too many opportunities to score a second goal in this game, and that's what cost them at least a draw.