** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Ireland First Divivsion Finn Harps - Mervue Utd Finn Harps are on 6th place with 27 points. Harps are team who have no real aim to play for untill the end of season. They have lost quaterfinal replay in FAI Cup on Monday against Drogheda 2:0 and that was their last chance to make something important in this season. While Mervue are in battle for 3th place who give them playoff for the Premier League. They enter in this game after 2 consecotive wins and haven't play in the cup. In the next round they will be host against their rivals for 3th place Longford and they must win this game against Harps to keep the pressure. Mervue are more motivated team and have 2 weeks rest thats why i think they will win this fixture Tip: Mervue Utd Odds: 2.50 bet365 Stake: 4/10.
[TABLE=class: stat stat2] [TR=class: trh team696 team6384 status5] [TD=class: team3]Finn Harps - Mervue Utd 0:2. Bet Won. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray v Limerick 15.00 Limerick are in better form than bottom side Bray and I think their odds look attractive here. In their last four games, Limerick have drawn with leaders St Patrick's and beaten top sides Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk. Bray are without a win since June and they've failed to beat any of their relegation rivals recently ... http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/13/ireland-republic/premier-league/bray-wanderers-fc/limerick-37/1426079/ You could say Bray have more motivation to get points from this game, as Limerick are safe in mid-table, where Bray are desparate for points to escape relegation. Perhaps this is why Bray's odds are so short for this game. Bray are currently 3.0 and Limerick 2.57 - and I really think the gap should be bigger looking at current form. I would say Limerick should be more like 1.8. Is most of the market saying 'Bray are desparate for points, Limerick don't need any, so Bray are a good bet to win here'? But Limerick's recent results don't suggest any late season mid-table complacency. The generally authoritative 'extratime' Irish football website predicts a 3-1 win for Limerick, and that sounds about right to me ... http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/19158/0/ Limerick AH0 1.86 Pinnacle

Bray v Limerick 15.00 Limerick are in better form than bottom side Bray and I think their odds look attractive here. In their last four games, Limerick have drawn with leaders St Patrick's and beaten top sides Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk. Bray are without a win since June and they've failed to beat any of their relegation rivals recently ... http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2013/10/13/ireland-republic/premier-league/bray-wanderers-fc/limerick-37/1426079/ You could say Bray have more motivation to get points from this game, as Limerick are safe in mid-table, where Bray are desparate for points to escape relegation. Perhaps this is why Bray's odds are so short for this game. Bray are currently 3.0 and Limerick 2.57 - and I really think the gap should be bigger looking at current form. I would say Limerick should be more like 1.8. Is most of the market saying 'Bray are desparate for points, Limerick don't need any, so Bray are a good bet to win here'? But Limerick's recent results don't suggest any late season mid-table complacency. The generally authoritative 'extratime' Irish football website predicts a 3-1 win for Limerick, and that sounds about right to me ... http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/19158/0/ Limerick AH0 1.86 Pinnacle
Result: Bray 1 Limerick 0 Bet lost The joke's on Limerick as Bray give their survival hopes a big lift with their first win since June. According to 'extratime', it was the worst that Limerick have played for a while. It sounds as though Bray deserved the win ... http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/19158/1/

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Limerick - Shelbourne Pick: 3.35 @Pinnacle After spending years in the division 1, Limerick won the division last season posing a (9-1-4) home performance and gained promotion to the Premier League where they've given a good account of themselves as they are currently at the 7th position and have no scare of going back to the league 1. Prior last match, their ability to amass 10 out of the last available 12 points soar the team high including a 2-0 home win over Shamrock and a 1-2 away win over Dundalk. Due to injury and suspension, coupled with an already comfortable spot, team however will have to do without many starters and younger players will be given opportunities to impress today: Shane Tracy (Mf 22/6), Danny Galbraith (Mf 27/0) and Stephen McGann (Mf 3/0) remain out while Stephen Folan (Df 30/1) and Samuel Oji (Df 6/0) are suspended, but Stephen Bradley (Mf 24/0) returns. The line-up today will see 19-year-old Barry Sheedy (Att 7/0) who has played around 90 minutes over the last two games and 17-year-old centre-half Tony Whitehead (Mf 1/0) – who made his competitive first- team debut from the bench in Sunday’s 1-0 defeat at Bray Wanderers amidst some other young lads. Cork City weren't any way easy for the struggling guests (Shelbourne) last match and despite Shelbourne could repeat their highest no. of goals so far in the season, they could not match the firepowers of Cork City who were 5 goals better spearheaded by their in-form Ciaran Kilduff. Prior that match, Cork's coach in a respect tone wouldn't see Shelbourne been relegated, quoting the wealth of experience their managers (Mick Byrne was appointed as Assistant manager to Johnny McDonnell in early June 2013) have as they know the league in-and out. Shelbourne still have five on the long term absentee list due to injury - Glenn Cronin (Mf 12/0), Brian Shortall (Df 20/1), Mark Leech (Att 17/1) and Jack Memery (Df 15/0), though Crowley (Mf 9/0) has now returned to training but not fully match fit. Suspended are Robert Bayly (Mf 17/0) who is serving the second of a two week suspension having been red-carded against Derry City and Sean Brennan (Mf 28/2), due to accumulation of yellow cards. Limerick are beginning to play relaxed and lost last match on travel to Bray (1-0) who are another relegation struggler while Shelbourne are fighting for their lives and anything other than a win will see them stay in the league and are expected to have at least easier task against young lads.

Limerick - Shelbourne Pick: 3.35 @Pinnacle ... Limerick are beginning to play relaxed and lost last match on travel to Bray (1-0) who are another relegation struggler while Shelbourne are fighting for their lives and anything other than a win will see them stay in the league and are expected to have at least easier task against young lads.
It's not quite clear, but I guess you are tipping Shelbourne? :unsure

oops...imeant to say anything other than a win will see them relegated :-)
I don't think that's right though. They are 3 points behind Bray and 6 points behind UCD. All have 2 games left. Only the bottom side goes down automatically, the second from bottom side goes into a relegation playoff. So even if Shelbourne lose this game, they could still win their last game and overtake Bray and end up in the relegation playoff instead of going down automatically. But obviously a win tonight gives Shelbourne the best chance of survival.