** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 8 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v UCD (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Shelbourne FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Sligo Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 10 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Limerick FC v Cork City FC (17:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bohemians -v- UCD UCD travel to Dalymount Park for their second of three fixtures against Bohemians in the first few weeks of the season this Friday. The clubs already faced each other in the Leinster Senior Cup a week ago, where UCD beat Bohs 2-1 after extra-time. They will face each other again next Monday in the EA Sports Cup first round. But the league kick-off fixture this Friday is undoubtedly the most important game for both managers. Bohs finished five points ahead of UCD last season, and are definitely the stronger of the two clubs, but in reality the two clubs aren't worlds apart. Bohs have lost some very important defenders in the pre-season in Evan McMillan and Kevin Feely, while they've also seen some other good players leave the club too, including their main striker last season Dinny Corcoran who has joined UCD, and scored against Bohs in the Leinster Senior Cup last week. Bohs have strenghened their team with two of UCD's better players last season – Ciaran Nangle and Chris Lyons. They've also brought in Dean Delany in goals and Stephen Paisley in defence, both from Shelbourne, among other young players. Their team this year is therefore quite changed from last season, and many of their new players will be winning debuts on Friday night. The pressure will be on Bohs for this game, and therefore there will be pressure on the new players to perform in their very first game. Meanwhile, UCD have lost the two players already mentioned, as well as Graham Rusk, Paul O'Connor and Danny Ledwith. All these players were important players last season. However, the sum of UCD's parts remains intact. They are a strong, organised team under Martin Russell and will have no fear taking on Bohs in Dalymount Park, especially after beating them there last week. Their new players Dinny Corcoran, Craig Walsh and Gareth Matthews may all feature, but otherwise UCD have a full host of players who have remained at the club from last season. Crucially they held onto Mick Leahy, Hugh Douglas and David O'Connor during the pre-season and therefore their defence is quite settled going into the new season. Furthmore, Robbie Creevy returns to the club after a year's hiatus. His ability in midfield will be welcomed. It's going to be an interesting battle between these two teams. Aaron Callaghan will be anxious to get off to a good start this season, especially since it is a game that Bohs are expected to win. But with the defensive changes in his team, they will be somewhat fragile to begin with, and UCD will no doubt look to find the weaknesses in this defence on the counter attack on Friday, and they have the youth and pace to do so. I think therefore that a UCD +0.5AH pick is great value, and a must pick for the opening game of the season. UCD can definitely draw this game, and hopefully they will. My bet: UCD +0.5AH @ 1.88 odds with Pinnacle (3 units) St. Pats Athletic -v- Drogheda United Drogheda United travel to Richmond Park on Friday for the opening day of the League of Ireland season. Drogheda United had a very satisfying draw and second half performance last night against Derry City in the Brandywell, in the quarter finals of the Setanta Cup and will now be focusing upon another tough away trip this Friday. St. Pats were shocked by Glentoran in the first round of the Setanta Cup and were knocked out over the two legs, in what was a very tight affair. St. Pats failed to score in both ties, and this could be their undoing once again this Friday. There is no doubting that St. Pats under Liam Buckley are a very good team. They have lost some good players in the pre-season (James Chambers, Sean O'Connor) but have definitely brought in adequate replacements (Conan Byrne, Killian Brennan & Shane McFaul). Therefore they probably aren't any weaker in midfield, which is where they excel under Buckley. The problem for St. Pats is scoring goals. Due to their formation, they only play one striker up front and this often creates a problem when playing against teams who defend well and work hard in midfield. If Pats cannot create space, then they often struggle to score and win games. Last season St. Pats played Drogheda five times and on each occasion failed to win. In fact they only scored one goal in those five games. Mick Cooke will be ensuring that his Drogheda team put out a similar hard working performance to that of his team last season and last night in the second half against Derry when they face St. Pats this Friday – there is no doubt about that. Unless Craig Fagan takes his chances, it'll be a very hard game for Pats to win. Drogheda are looking as strong as last season and have brought in some very good players during the pre-season to bolster their squad. They've signed Gary O'Neill and Graham Rusk to improve their attacking options, while they've also brought in two very good midfielders in David Cassidy and Paul O'Connor. They will however be missing Alan McNally this Friday, who was a key defender for the club last season, but they can probably negate his loss if they play defensively which they no doubt will do. It'll be a very tight game. Under 2.5 goals is also a very likely scenario in this game too. In the five games they played last season, only four goals were scored. Therefore it's quite probably it'll be a low scoring game once again. But the best value is available on Drogheda not to lose, and I believe it's worth a small bet. My bet: Drogheda United +0.5AH @ 1.86 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Start league is very difficult to predict and therefore I'll be careful, with only good worth (in my eyes) bets. St Patricks Athletic vs Drogheda United Very interesting match is expected at Richmond Park. The Saints have to go offensive and go for the win, especially at the start of the season and at home, considering the large number of draws last season. But Drogs played very well in the pre season games and have a good tradition against today's opponent. To make it clear, I absolutely agree with @batigol, but can see any outcome tonight so I'm not taking odds around @1.80 (for X2 or under) in the first round (honestly I thought about away DNB option but gave up in the end). ------------------------------- Bohemians vs UCD Both teams have lost several key players, but Gypsies though looks like better collective. It's true that the Students beat them a few days ago, but Bohs were very good in other friendlies. Also Bohemians was the winner in the last four matches against the city rival at Dalymount Park. On the other hand, away coach Martin Russell has a very bad experience when his team played against Bohs with eight defeats in eleven meetings. Home side is without major absences, while guests arrive without captain Leahy and another defender Matthews through suspension. Unlike the previous game where Drogs odds are declining, here starting odds were around @1.80 so I guess I found the first value this season. After all someone will earn from this game. ;) Bohemians @2.09 Pinnacle low stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray Wanderers vs Shelbourne Home team is my favorite for relegation, while away side is most weakened team in the league compared to last season. Actually there is not much difference between them in quality, maybe only as the Seagulls have a greater potential and Shels have more experience. Yet the fact that Shels have not lost against Bray in the last 19 meetings seems rather surprising. However, Wanderers looked good in pre-season and have no absences. Perhaps they're a little closer to victory, but this is a six points match and could be anything there. ------------------------------- Derry City vs Sligo Rovers FAI Cup winners against the league champions. Both teams are offensively weak at the moment compared to last season. Also captain Deery and defender McCaffrey are suspended and new midfielders P. Kavanagh and Houston are injured in home team. Away strikers north and Green are injured, while midfielder Ventre is suspended. More or less, all suggest that Rovers going to win in tonight's game without a lot of goals. Though odds are not attractive to me, Brandywell is a place which is not easy to take away points. ------------------------------- Dundalk vs Shamrock Rovers Both sides are much stronger than last season. Interestingly, the new coach of Dundalk is Stephen Kenny, who was the coach of Shamrock last year. Since both teams had a season to forget, I believe that both of them will go very offensive. No doubt the Hoops are a much better team, but keep in mind that the Lilywhites have scored 12 goals in last 7 games against them on the artificial surface of the Oriel Park. Away side will be without two newcomers (Quigley is 50/50 and Sean O’Connor), and defender Oman. The hosts are without missings. I thought about BTS but odds are unattractive.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bad start to the season for me. :wall The early red card ended The Students chances of getting anything from the game, but they still gave one hell of an effort. Bohs should have won by more in the end though, as they hit the woodwork a couple of times. A scrappy goal from a poorly cleared corner gave St. Pats a slender 1-0 lead, but they were the better team on the night. Only for my small under 2.5 goals bet in the St. Pats and Drogheda game and for an in-play bet on Bray, did I come out with any sort of smile on my face. Oh well... onwards and upwards. Well done McNasara with your Bohs bet.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013

Bohemians vs UCD Both teams have lost several key players, but Gypsies though looks like better collective. It's true that the Students beat them a few days ago, but Bohs were very good in other friendlies. Also Bohemians was the winner in the last four matches against the city rival at Dalymount Park. On the other hand, away coach Martin Russell has a very bad experience when his team played against Bohs with eight defeats in eleven meetings. Home side is without major absences, while guests arrive without captain Leahy and another defender Matthews through suspension. Unlike the previous game where Drogs odds are declining, here starting odds were around @1.80 so I guess I found the first value this season. After all someone will earn from this game. ;) Bohemians @2.09 Pinnacle low stake
2:1 :ok

I already took Cork at local bookie for good value' date=' odds are likely to fall. More later...[/quote'] Limerick vs Cork City This is a tough game to predict given that it is a local derby, that home team is playing in the largest stadium in the League of Ireland (for the first time after 19 years). The Super Blues have a new coach and some new players who are a little familiar with this competition and obviously it takes time for their adaptation (to the average pre-season results). Captain Purcell and defender Shaun Kelly are suspended. On the other hand, the Rebel Army look very well so far, as they already had several impressive results in the Setanta Cup this year. They've lost two top goalscorers from last year but their absence is not noticed at all, after 10 scored goals in four games against the two best placed teams of Northern Ireland. Dunleavy (df) is injured and he is only absence for City. I still see Cork is close to winning and I'd to take a very good value at local, although it is only the first round. Bookies agree with me on this one (initial average odds 2.60, now 2.30). Cork City @2.80 low stake

Limerick vs Cork City This is a tough game to predict given that it is a local derby, that home team is playing in the largest stadium in the League of Ireland (for the first time after 19 years). The Super Blues have a new coach and some new players who are a little familiar with this competition and obviously it takes time for their adaptation (to the average pre-season results). Captain Purcell and defender Shaun Kelly are suspended. On the other hand, the Rebel Army look very well so far, as they already had several impressive results in the Setanta Cup this year. They've lost two top goalscorers from last year but their absence is not noticed at all, after 10 scored goals in four games against the two best placed teams of Northern Ireland. Dunleavy (df) is injured and he is only absence for City. I still see Cork is close to winning and I'd to take a very good value at local, although it is only the first round. Bookies agree with me on this one (initial average odds 2.60, now 2.30). Cork City @2.80 low stake
Goalless, but I still think it was worth a try with my odds.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:35 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Bohemians (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Limerick FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Derry City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Dundalk (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Bray Wanderers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Cork City -v- Bohemians Cork host Bohemians this Friday in Turner's Cross for their first home league game of the season. Bohs started the season with a good win at home last Friday against UCD, albeit with the help of a sending off early in the first half. Nevertheless a win is a win and it has put Bohs to the top of the table after the first weekend of games. Cork had a difficult away fixture against newly promoted Limerick on Sunday evening, in a Munster derby at Thomond Park. A 0-0 draw however was a good result, and now Cork will be focused on picking up their first victory in a season where they can look to push on from last year. Cork's injury woes seem to have subsided, after they had a few players missing from the Setanta Cup games they've played already this season (four games in total) and it was a welcome sight for the club to see John Dunleavy on the bench agianst Limerick. He should be in the running to return to the first XI this Friday against Bohemians. Otherwise, Cork have little to no absentees for this fixture. Brian Lenihan is the only injury absence, but he is not a first team player. Likewise, there are no injury or suspension concerns for Bohemians. Bohemians did however play UCD again on Monday in the EA Sports Cup, and the tie needed 120 minutes for a winner to be found. After 2-2 in normal time, Chris Lyons came off the bench to win the tie for Bohs 3-2. There may be tired legs in the Bohs squad ahead of the trip to Cork, but it should be noted that they did rest quite a lot of players for the game on Monday. These teams played each other three times last season. Bohs won the first tie 1-0, in Dalymount Park. A late Keith Ward penalty gave Bohs an undeserved 1-1 draw in Turners Cross, while the sides also played out a 1-1 draw in the final tie at Dalymount Park last season. With all this mentioned, I believe Cork are the stronger team this season. They have a much stronger team than Bohs and if they can dominate the game on Friday evening, they have a good chance of winning the game. Scoring goals could be a problem, but Bohs' defence is still quite fragile at the moment, and so they should find plenty of opportunities. The first home game for Cork will be a big one, and a big crowd will be expected. The two Setanta Cup home games for Cork have been very encouraging so far this season, and with Danny Morrissey, Daryl Kavanagh and Danny Furlong all having found the net already this season, they definitely have good goal sources for this game. Therefore I believe Cork will win this game and get their campaign moving. My pick: Cork City -0.5AH @ 1.943 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Sligo Rovers -v- Bray Wanderers Sligo host Bray Wanderers on Saturday evening at the Showgrounds for their first league game of the season. After a momentous season last year, Sligo will begin their home campaign to defend their title and will be full of confidence already. They've already played three competitive games (two Setanta Cup games) and have won all three games, without having conceded a goal. Sligo won last Friday away at Derry 1-0, and that three points could be very valuable at the end of the season, especially since an away win at the Brandywell is no easy feat. Bray won their first competitive game of the season last Friday with a good 1-0 victory over Shelbourne. Granted, Shelbourne had a man sent off and lost their captain Glen Cronin to injury, but regardless Bray had the quality up front to get the job done (Jason Byrne scored from Kieran Marty Waters' cross). However, this Saturday Bray will have a lot to do. This Sligo team are arguably stronger than last season. Lots of good players have joined the club, and some of the younger players are beginning to display their talents. Evan McMillan has come in to replace Jason McGuinness in defence, and is already shining, while Anthony Elding has come in up front to replace Mark Quigley and scored last Friday in the 1-0 win at Derry. Lee Lynch, the young promising midfielder was missing against Derry, yet he has scored 3 goals in 2 games in the Setanta Cup. David Cawley put in a marvellous performance in midfield against Derry, while everywhere else on the pitch Sligo are full of quality. Therefore it will be a real test for Bray in only their second competitive game of the season. Bray will be confident of an upset after their win last Friday, but realistically the quality on display should be too much for them. However, they will know that last season they managed to upset Sligo at the Showgrounds with a 1-1 draw. That game came at the wrong time for Sligo as they were preparing for their Europa League campaign, and it was a period which also saw the club go on a sort of mid-season slump. They dominated the game that day, but could not score more than once. This Saturday I expect Sligo to score more than once – in fact I can see them scoring three. They should keep a clean sheet, but even if they don't they should be able to cover this handicap. Bray will work hard and fight but will more than likely fall victim to a superior team and it's going to take some doing to knock the wind out of the sails of Sligo early this season. My pick: Sligo -1.5AH @ 1.96 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Shelbourne -v- Dundalk Value is quickly dying on this line, but Dundalk should definitely have a good chance against Shelbourne tomorrow evening. Shels will be without the suspended Paul Crowley, while Glen Cronin will more than likely be out injured.There are other injury concerns for Shelbourne after their EA Sports Cup game with Dundalk on Monday. That game saw Dundalk seal a 1-0 victory over Shels, and they will be confident of doing the same this Friday. Dane Massey will be suspended for Dundalk for this game, but they have plenty of options from their squad. After their encouraging 0-0 draw at home to Shamrock Rovers and their 1-0 win over Shels in the EA Sports Cup, things are looking bright again for Dundalk this season with their new manager Stephen Kenny and almost completley overhauled squad. Shels have a very small squad and cannot do without Paul Crowley or Glen Cronin. These two midfielders are crucial. Shels did rest Stephen Hurley and Phil Hughes for the EA Sports Cup game, and therefore both players will be fresh and dangerous, but as a team this Shels XI is much weaker than last season. It could easily be a draw, but I would definitely give a slight advantage to Dundalk, and therefore it is worth backing them on the 0AH line. My pick: Dundalk 0AH @ 1.99 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Cork City vs Bohemians I've to agree that Cork is a better team than Bohs, but this is just the start of the season and the most difficult time for a good prediction. It is true that the Rebel Army has no important missings in front of their fans and everyone expects their first three points. In addition, several away players (Paisley, Devaney, Scully) are doubtful for this encounter. But Bohs are in great mood considering the pre-season games, although the Leesiders also had excellent results in the Setanta Cup. However, I see that home team is under higher pressure and the guests are more confident team at the moment. Also Cork City have lost four and drawn one of their last five league encounters with Bohemians at Turner’s Cross. Aaron Callaghan will highly motivate its players for good performance in Cork, just because they stole their ticket to the Setanta Cup last season. Yep home odds are falling and I sincerely hope that @batigol will be right, but I don't take part here (potential public bet). No bet ------------------------------- Shelbourne vs Dundalk And here I just confirm that the Lilywhites (batigol's pick) are in a much better mood and that their odds look pretty good. New coach Stephen Kenny will be of great help for them this season, and he already has an impressive performance against Shels with five wins and one a draw, without a loss. But keep in mind that both opponents have earned a red card in the first round. Obviously, Alan Mathews failure to improve team discipline from last year, and his next task is to improve team performance at Tolka Park. Maybe will make it already in this game, maybe won't, I really don't know... No bet

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Drogheda Utd vs Limerick Home team is better and will be very motivated for the first points of the season. Their mood is good after winning the Setanta Cup semi-finals last Monday. On the other hand, Limerick played quite well in their first LoI match in the last 20 years although there were no goals. But they're an ambitious team and we should expect them to play to win and away from home (scored an average of two goals in the First division last season). Home side will be without two important defenders (McNally and Prendergast) due to injury as well striker O'Neill. One of the best goalkeepers in the league, Gabriel Sava is in doubt. The Super Blues can't count on two suspended defenders (Purcell and Shaun Kelly), while midfielder Gaffney is injured. Away coach Stuart Taylor will be facing his former club, while Mick Cooke has agreed to extend his stay with Drogs, so I expect offensive play from both sides. Even when both defense won't be complete, goals are on the horizon. over 2 @1.76 Pinnacle medium stake BTS @2.05 William Hill low stake

Drogheda Utd vs Limerick Home team is better and will be very motivated for the first points of the season. Their mood is good after winning the Setanta Cup semi-finals last Monday. On the other hand, Limerick played quite well in their first LoI match in the last 20 years although there were no goals. But they're an ambitious team and we should expect them to play to win and away from home (scored an average of two goals in the First division last season). Home side will be without two important defenders (McNally and Prendergast) due to injury as well striker O'Neill. One of the best goalkeepers in the league, Gabriel Sava is in doubt. The Super Blues can't count on two suspended defenders (Purcell and Shaun Kelly), while midfielder Gaffney is injured. Away coach Stuart Taylor will be facing his former club, while Mick Cooke has agreed to extend his stay with Drogs, so I expect offensive play from both sides. Even when both defense won't be complete, goals are on the horizon. over 2 @1.76 Pinnacle medium stake BTS @2.05 William Hill low stake
Bet365 offers 2.3 for over 2.5 which is quite better than what Pinnacle offers.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 69855797.png this ih pure mathematical results acording to results from last year and the firs round this year Of course, dont take this searious. It is the begining of the championsip so it take a wile for some serious predict. Maybe 5 rounds

Drogheda Utd vs Limerick Home team is better and will be very motivated for the first points of the season. Their mood is good after winning the Setanta Cup semi-finals last Monday. On the other hand, Limerick played quite well in their first LoI match in the last 20 years although there were no goals. But they're an ambitious team and we should expect them to play to win and away from home (scored an average of two goals in the First division last season). Home side will be without two important defenders (McNally and Prendergast) due to injury as well striker O'Neill. One of the best goalkeepers in the league, Gabriel Sava is in doubt. The Super Blues can't count on two suspended defenders (Purcell and Shaun Kelly), while midfielder Gaffney is injured. Away coach Stuart Taylor will be facing his former club, while Mick Cooke has agreed to extend his stay with Drogs, so I expect offensive play from both sides. Even when both defense won't be complete, goals are on the horizon. over 2 @1.76 Pinnacle medium stake BTS @2.05 William Hill low stake
Well done sir. Easy win in the end. :clap Edit: and a perfect night for my picks tonight! :cow

69855797.png this ih pure mathematical results acording to results from last year and the firs round this year Of course, dont take this searious. It is the begining of the championsip so it take a wile for some serious predict. Maybe 5 rounds
So were you predicting 2 or 3 goals in the Shamrock Rovers, Cork, Drogheda and UCD games? And then over 2.5 goals in the other games? You made a good bit of profit if that is the case!

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Without a miss here, well done fellas :ok [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 18 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 19 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Cork City FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v Sligo Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Limerick FC v UCD (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Shelbourne FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! :D Here's a pick I have for one of the Tuesday games: Limerick FC -v- UCD Limerick will host UCD on Tuesday evening in the third week of the League of Ireland season, and will be looking to get their first win of the season. Limerick had a very eventful away draw with Drogheda on Friday night. Included in a 2-2 draw were four penalties, one of which was missed by Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien, two of which he scored and one which was scored by Shane Tracey of Limerick. There were also three sendings off, two for Limerick players and one for their manager. Aaron Brown, making his debut at centre back for Limerick scored and then was sent off, while Alex Bossekota saw red for a questionable contact when he and David Cassidy had a coming together. All this means that both Aaron Brown, Alex Boussekota and manager Stuart Taylor will be missing for the game on Tuesday night. UCD had a dreadful night on Friday, losing 6-0 at home to Derry City, and they will now be looking to lift themselves from this morale sapping drubbing with a tough away trip to Limerick. But it won't be easy at all and to make matters worse UCD will definitely be missing David O'Connor after he picked up a red card against Derry City, and they'll most likely be missing Mick Leahy too, as he is yet to have recovered from injury. These missings for UCD are crucial. Mick Leahy and David O'Connor are the first choice centre halves for UCD, as well as the two leaders of the team (captain and vice captain respectively). Therefore without either in the team (and it's not 100% confirmed that Leahy will be missing by the way), they will suffer. Limerick have a big enough squad to do without their missings, although I would be somewhat concerned that their manager will be suspended on the field. However, I do believe they are a lot stronger than UCD all over the park – from defence to attack, and most probably especially in midfield. I'm surprised Stephen Bradley hasn't been involved in either of Limerick's games yet this season, but even without him Joe Gamble is an excellent midfielder. And good news for Limerick will be the return of Pat Purcell and Shaun Kelly from suspension. Purcell was captain of Limerick last season and his leadership will be key for this fixture, especially as they'll be without their manager, while Shaun Kelly is an important defender. Therefore, I think Limerick should be strong favourites for this fixture on Tuesday night, and should be able to get their first win under their belt. My pick: Limerick FC -0.5AH @ 1.99 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Last pick for the midweek games: St. Patricks Athletic -v- Shelbourne St. Pats will host Shels in a Dublin derby on Tuesday evening, and it will be a chance for Pats to return to winning ways after their comprehensive defeat to Shamrock Rovers on Friday night. St. Pats looked very poor against Rovers in Tallaght on Friday and once again, a situation which was often present last season, they didn't look like scoring, although it must be said Barry Murphy in goal for Rovers pulled off some excellent saves. In truth, their ex assistant manager Trevor Croly, who is now Rovers manager, was able to better his former boss Liam Buckley on the night, and his tactics were successful. St. Pats will now be determined to keep pace with the title challengers with a win at home to a poor Shelbourne team, and there is no reason why they shouldn't win on Tuesday. St. Pats shouldn't have any injury or suspension concerns on Tuesday, and with a full squad to choose from they'll be at full strength to beat Shelbourne. If they can get going with the system Buckley has them employed to do, they can find at least a goal against Shelbourne. Shels on their part are in a lot of trouble. I'm choosing to bet against them once again, because they still do not convince me that they can avoid defeat. They have too small a squad, too weak a squad, ill discipline problems and suspension and injury problems for this match. They will welcome Paul Crowley back from suspension for this game, but will be without Graham Gartland after he was sent off against Dundalk on Friday. Furthermore, there is quite a chance their captain Glen Cronin will remain out with injury for this game. Again there's no confirmation as yet, but I would think he'll be missing. Shels simply cannot do without either of these two players. Shels will struggle against St. Pats, if St. Pats get into the flow of their usual game. St. Pats were excellent last season with their flowing and passing game, and they will dominate in midfield against Shels. It really will come down to a question of whether they can score, but I believe they will against a poor Shels team. If I was more confident in St. Pats, I'd pick a higher handicap, but I'm not, and it's very probable they'll only win by a goal. However, I am confident they'll win, so even for poor odds, I'll take medium stakes on this pick. My pick: St. Pats to win @ 1.60 odds with bet365 (3 units)

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 23 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Bohemians (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Limerick FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Dundalk (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 24 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Bray Wanderers (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Derry City (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Shamrock Rovers (15:55 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 UCD -v- Dundalk UCD host Dundalk this evening for both club's fourth league game of the season. On a week which has seen an awful lot of rain, and a few games cancelled, the UCD Bowl has passed the test to host tonight's game. However, the pitch could be heavy and as a result reduce the standard of football on display. UCD have started badly this season. After losing their first game of the season as a result of a red card, they were absolutely hammered 6-0 in their first home game of the season, and then followed that up with a 3-1 defeat to Limerick on Tuesday this week. There's a big test ahead for Martin Russell's young side and they need to start picking up points soon. Tonight will be difficult for them, as Dundalk have started the season confidently. Captain Mick Leahy remains on the injury table and so once again UCD will have to do without him. However they do welcome back their vice captain and central defender David O'Connor and so this will be a boost. Their second half performance against Limerick was encouraging however, and they will look to build upon this tonight. If they can score goals, which they are more than capable of doing, then they give themselves a chance – therefore they'll be looking to David McMillan especially for this task. Dundalk come into this game with lots of confidence and will be aiming to win this game to continue their good start to the season. However they'll have to do so without their captain too. Stephen O'Donnell is injured and out of this game tonight. They do have plenty of options in their squad and so can replace him, but the question remains about whether this Dundalk squad are potent enough in front of goal. I think UCD will get themselves off the mark tonight, and therefore will choose the +0.5AH line. It's only worth a low stakes bet though, because UCD have had such a bad start to the season. My pick: UCD +0.5AH @ 1.813 odds with pinnacle (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Combination bet of: Cork -v- Derry and Shelbourne -v- Shamrock Rovers Picking a small combo for the games tomorrow, mainly because I'm not too happy with the lines the bookies are offering. I think they've got the lines spot on this weekend. Cork are worth a 0AH bet perhaps as a single. They didn't have to play on Tuesday due to their game being called off, but they did have to travel all the same, as the game was cancelled late before kick-off. They'll be looking to get their second win of the season in front of their own fans and if their attacking players play like they did against Bohs in their previous league game, they can certainly win. Derry probably flattered to deceive with their 6-0 defeat of UCD, and they were brought back down to earth with a 1-1 draw at home to Drogheda. This is the longest journey of the season for Derry, as it takes probably 5 hours to drive to Cork from Derry. Given this fact, and also that they are most likely disappointed by failing to win at home against Drogheda this week, I think they may struggle against Cork. In the other tie, Shels will be without Paul Crowley and Graham Gartland. Their captain Glen Cronin should be back, but given that they're missing two other important players they will struggle at home to Shamrock Rovers. Rovers will be without suspended Derek Foran, but should have all their big players back for this game, having rested them on the bench last Monday in the Dublin derby against Bohs. They'll be looking for a win tomorrow to keep the pace with Sligo. This is simply a bet against Shelbourne, who I still believe are looking very poor, and therefore it is worth doubling this bet up with the Cork bet as a combination. My combo pick: Cork 0AH (1.781 odds with Pinnacle) and Shamrock Rovers -0.5AH (1.515 odds with Pinnacle) @ 2.70 odds (1 unit)

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 28 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.96 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 29 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Sligo Rovers (19:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v UCD (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.78 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Shelbourne FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Cork City FC (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 30 March 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Limerick FC v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Bray Wanderers -v- UCD Bray welcome UCD to the Carlisle Grounds this Friday evening in what will be a very important game for both clubs in terms of the early league table. Although it is certainly too early in the season to be thinking about relegation, this is a game which must be considered a '6 pointer', simply because this is the reality for both clubs. Both Bray and UCD know they will be in a fight to remain in the Premier Division this season. This year UCD must travel twice to the Carlisle Grounds in the three league meetings they have with Bray during the season, and so they are at a slight disadvantage in this sense. Furthermore, UCD currently have zero points from four games, and alarm bells may soon start ringing if they don't start picking up points. It should be noted that there are double fixtures for each of the Irish clubs over the course of this long Easter weekend. After both these clubs face each other, UCD will host Sligo Rovers at home, while Bray must travel north to Derry on Easter Monday. Therefore, I expect both UCD and Bray will be targeting this game on Friday as their realistic chance of picking up points over the long weekend. The odds for this tie are a bit skewed. There's no way that Bray are clear favourites for this game. UCD are on much the same level as Bray and therefore there is value available for this pick. Bray have more experience in their side for certain and with Jason Byrne up front have a proven goalscorer, and therefore they have both of these factors as advantages. However, UCD performed very well in their last game against Dundalk and were unlucky not to hold out for a draw. Their manager Martin Russell is remaining confident in his squad and their abilities and he will be trying to instill confidence in them again this Friday. Neither Dinny Corcoran or David McMillan were able to score on Saturday, and so they'll be hungry to do their team and manager a favour this Friday. In summary, this game is going to be a very tight affair. It could swing either way, and it could be a draw. But considering the odds on UCD +0.5AH, one has to take the chance on UCD not to lose this game. The value is simply too good to turn down. They may have zero points from four games, but they've been very unlucky thus far this season and that luck must change sooner or later. My pick: UCD +0.5AH @ 2.25 odds with Pinnacle (2 units)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2013 Dundalk vs Drogheda 150th Louth derby is scheduled for tonight. The match where both sides can easily be winning, but it's also a game where there's a lot of goals as usual. The Lilywhites look much better with a new coach S. Kenny (who btw has 10 wins from 14 meetings against Drogheda) than last year. Defender S. Donnell is injured for home side, while the guests coming without two defenders A. McNally and D. Prendergast. Both rivals have won in the last round, and will have tough opponents on Monday/Tuesday so I expect both coaches will join the offensive tactics tonight. It will be played on the artificial surface, in cold weather but without rain or snow. I hope the pitch will be in good condition and would be a couple of goals at Oriel Park. BTS @1.90 Coral low stake