** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March.

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March. Sandown 3.15 Imperial cup Key trends 15/16 SP 16/1 or under 15/16 weight iunder 11st 6lb 13/16 2 career wins or less 15/16 2 or more runs that season 13/16 LTO Jan / Feb 13/16 2-4 runs that season 11/16 Placed or better LTO 12/16 under 10st 7lb 7/16 5yo 7/16 Fav 7/16 LTO 1st SP, weight, LTO in Jan/Feb, and 2 or more runs seem to be the key although last years winner ran LTO in December and came back to form. Back on Friday with selections

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March. As the field stands, MR MOLE stands out, He really does. But i would not back him until Saturday morning. He is also in the County hurdle. 7/2 best price at the moment, But 1 or 2 firms may go first 5..and if he goes 4/1, first 5, only a fall will stop him being in the frame. However, I reckon he could be thrown in, against alot of in and out performers, or some that would have to improve a stone to win. Since his last win, 2 horses he demolished..1 has won 2 easily, and 1 has won one very easy, and 1 looking like a winner, but unseating 2 out. I beleive that this has always been the plan...and will oblige. Its due to only get softer at Sandown, and This horse has to be taken advantage of. You have to back him for the county hurdle, if you back him here...7/1 ish at the moment, down to 3/1 if he bolts up here, Arb out,,green all the way.

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March. Sandown 3.15 Imperial cup Key trends 15/16 SP 16/1 or under 15/16 weight iunder 11st 6lb 13/16 2 career wins or less 15/16 2 or more runs that season 13/16 LTO Jan / Feb 13/16 2-4 runs that season 11/16 Placed or better LTO 12/16 under 10st 7lb 7/16 5yo 7/16 Fav 7/16 LTO 1st SP, weight, LTO in Jan/Feb, and 2 or more runs seem to be the key Remove those above 11st 6lb Tanerko Emery, Mr Mole, General Miller. 2 or more runs this season removes nothing else ignore those with a high price removes Lyvius First in the queue, stormy weather Solaras exhibiton 40/1 Changing the guard, first avenue, sporting bouy, rockawango 33/1 MOre than 2 wins removes Valdez, Claret cloak, Shammick boy, Le Bacardy, PAintball, Leaves a final shortlist of Arnaud, Kazilian, Minella Definitely, PIne Creek, Tominator, Whitby Jack, CAyman Islands The weights this year start from 10st 10lb making this more competitive than in recent years. 2-4 runs removes CAyman Islands The 5yo's in the shortlist are Arnaud, KAzilian, Pine Creek Those LTO 1st are MInella definitely, Pine Creek, Tominator THose who ran LTO JAn/Feb are removes Kazlian The final 5 all have winning form on soft ground The SAndown hill often takes some getting and i'm looking for a horse that stays further than the bare 2 miles so: remove Arnaud, Pine Creek leaves 3 as final list as follows: Minella Definitely, Tominator, Whitby JAck. Will have a bit of these 3, prices to follow...

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March.

Sandown 3.15 Imperial cup Key trends 15/16 SP 16/1 or under 15/16 weight iunder 11st 6lb 13/16 2 career wins or less 15/16 2 or more runs that season 13/16 LTO Jan / Feb 13/16 2-4 runs that season 11/16 Placed or better LTO 12/16 under 10st 7lb 7/16 5yo 7/16 Fav 7/16 LTO 1st SP, weight, LTO in Jan/Feb, and 2 or more runs seem to be the key Remove those above 11st 6lb Tanerko Emery, Mr Mole, General Miller. 2 or more runs this season removes nothing else ignore those with a high price removes Lyvius First in the queue, stormy weather Solaras exhibiton 40/1 Changing the guard, first avenue, sporting bouy, rockawango 33/1 MOre than 2 wins removes Valdez, Claret cloak, Shammick boy, Le Bacardy, PAintball, Leaves a final shortlist of Arnaud, Kazilian, Minella Definitely, PIne Creek, Tominator, Whitby Jack, CAyman Islands The weights this year start from 10st 10lb making this more competitive than in recent years. 2-4 runs removes CAyman Islands The 5yo's in the shortlist are Arnaud, KAzilian, Pine Creek Those LTO 1st are MInella definitely, Pine Creek, Tominator THose who ran LTO JAn/Feb are removes Kazlian The final 5 all have winning form on soft ground The SAndown hill often takes some getting and i'm looking for a horse that stays further than the bare 2 miles so: remove Arnaud, Pine Creek leaves 3 as final list as follows: Minella Definitely, Tominator, Whitby JAck. Will have a bit of these 3, prices to follow...
Great analysis..Thank you. Only for the top weight coming out two days ago. MR MOLE...would have been the plum selection..Its only the above 11-6 that throws him out.. He could be the odd one to improve that factor.

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March. John Ferguson (‏@FergusonJP) is in a very tweety mood this morning. His latest nugget is an update on one of his Imperial Cup contenders: "Pine Creek cantered this morning. Looks great. If he wins all options are open to us."

John Ferguson (‏@FergusonJP) is in a very tweety mood this morning. His latest nugget is an update on one of his Imperial Cup contenders: "Pine Creek cantered this morning. Looks great. If he wins all options are open to us."
Yeah i saw that, I thought his tweet about Cotton Mill didn't seem to suggest much confidence in him did it! (for the County)

Great analysis..Thank you. Only for the top weight coming out two days ago. MR MOLE...would have been the plum selection..Its only the above 11-6 that throws him out.. He could be the odd one to improve that factor.
yes always difficult to throw out horses on weight alone, the bottom weight only has 10st 10lb do the handicap is very competitive this year, i think a few may just struggle on the worsening ground to be honest and not get home. It will be messy, i am happy with my 3.

Yeah i saw that' date=' I thought his tweet about Cotton Mill didn't seem to suggest much confidence in him did it! (for the County)[/quote'] Yeah i think he will be worried about the ground...I will say HEAVY tomorrow afternoon, loads of rain coming

Re: RACE IN FOCUS..Paddy Power IMPERIAL CUP. Sandown 9th March. My worry with Mr Mole is whether he will really relish the hustle and bustle of a big handicap like this. The way he showed signs of temperament behind Kings Lad and the way McCoy had to nurse him to win last time gives me doubts at his current price. Having said that I though the same about MTOY and look what happened there! :)