** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 4 - March 17

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Tomas Berdych (-4) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 2/10 stake at 2.00 with Pinnacle There is no doubt who is the favourite in this match - after all, Berdych leads the H2H record between the two by five wins to none. And, since he has been playing really well so far this week, it is really hard to see past him here. The handicap might look quite high, but there is a decent gap between the two at the moment and I expect Berdych to cover it today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-anderson-betting-tomas-berdych-to-demolish-kevin-anderson-in-indian-wells Back Rafael Nadal to beat Roger Federer for a 1/10 stake at 2.20 with Ladbrokes Not a match to take with higher stakes, but I feel that there is some value in Nadal at this price. Both guys have been pretty average so far in Indian Wells, but Federer is the man who has been struggling more in recent weeks and I certainly would not be surprised by seeing him lose today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-federer-betting-rafael-nadal-can-build-on-his-yesterday-s-performance-against-gulbis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: March 4 - March 17 I've gone back into one of the Indian Wells outright markets, as this price seems out of line to me. Back Caroline Wozniacki to win WTA BNP Paribas Open @ 34.00 Betfair I considered backing Wozniacki prior to the start of this tournament, but was put off by her early exit in Kuala Lumpur. Apparently she was suffering from some sort of illness, but whatever it was she seems to be over it now. Her form so far in Indian Wells has been good, and after a three set win against Cornet she has seen off Vesnina and Petrova in straight sets. She will now play Azarenka in the quarter-finals, a player that she has a good record against. Although Azarenka is the favourite to win this tournament, she has said that her ankle has been causing her some problems. If that continues to be the case, then I think Wozniacki is in good enough form to progress to the semi-final where she would play either Kerber or Stosur. Stosur hasn't looked convincing to me so far in this tournament, and Kerber's recent form has been patchy. If Wozniacki can find a way into the final, she would play Sharapova or Kirilenko. She has a great record against Kirilenko, and although she hasn't done so well in the past against Sharapova, the fact that Wozniacki has plenty of experience of playing and winning finals gives me some confidence that she could cause an upset if they met in the title match.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Juan Martin del Potro to beat Andy Murray for a 2/10 stake at 2.94 with Pinnacle I certainly do fancy del Potro at this price, as he has been playing the better tennis of the two so far in this event. Murray is obviously the classier guy when he is on the top of his game, but his recent performances are nothing he should be happy about and you would expect the Argentinian to win unless Murray takes his game to another level today (which is obviously something that he is fully capable of). Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/del-potro-vs-murray-betting-juan-martin-del-potro-to-defeat-the-struggling-scot Back Novak Djokovic (-4.5) to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 2/10 stake at 1.90 with Ladbrokes Neither guy has been particularly impressive so far, but I can see Novak Djokovic upping his game today, while I cannot see Tsonga doing the same. The conditions won't allow him to just go out and hit big, so he will have to build points carefully and that simply is not his style. The games handicap therefore looks like the right choice here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-tsonga-betting-novak-djokovic-can-bounce-back-to-form-with-a-nice-win-over-the-frenchman

Re: March 4 - March 17 Djokovic (-5 games) to beat Tsonga. 2.36 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Looking forward to this one. I really think Djokovic is going to win this match quite comfortably. Nole is growing in the tournament and is showing some great tennis at times. If you compare his three matches, the amount of average tennis is getting limited more and more as the tournament proceeds. With Tsonga I've highly doubted all week if he would progress to this stage of the tournament. He was lucky to beat Fish and wasn't impressing either against Raonic. Djokovic' tennis is far too solid at the moment for the Frenchman. I believe he can maybe keep one set tight but surely not two, especially because the surface suits Djokovic much more than Tsonga. As the match progresses I believe Tsonga will get more and more frustrated leading to more unforced errors.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back C.Wozniacki/A.Kerber - Over 21.5 games for a 2/10 stake at 1.95 with Pinnacle One more for me, as I really cannot pick between the two and like the overs. Kerber should be able to dictate play when on fire, but her forehand will be up against Wozniacki's consistent backhand and she is going to lose quite a few games due to unforced errors, so this should really have some distance. On the top of that, nerves might also play a small role given that this is a semi-final. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-kerber-betting-caroline-wozniacki-and-angelique-kerber-might-be-in-for-a-tense-match

Re: March 4 - March 17 Del Potro to beat Murray and over 25.5 games. 2.90/2.34 (5/10;7/10) Pinnacle Should be a cracker tonight. Murray has been showing some good stuff at times but in general he's been average at best. Delpo will also be his first real test this tournament. Del Potro however, has shown some good and aggressive play and I expect him to come out blazing tonight. I think he has a real shot against Murray aslong as he keeps Murray behind the baseline with deep shots. The odds are quite ridiculous, Andy isn't showing top notch tennis and Del Potro is playing with real confidence. Murray however, has a mental issue with this tournament, not really achieving results in the past few years and his erraticness could be a result from that. I expect this to be a match that surely won't be decided in straight sets and 2.90 is just too much value to not take.

Re: March 4 - March 17 What do you think of today's match between Rafa and Berdych? Should Nadal really be such s favourite? I do understand that he won against Federer and his comeback has been quite impressive but he hasn't played anyone special up to now (Federer seems to be out of form and far from being his best so the win cannot count as a real reflection of Rafa's momentum). I do not feel that Berdych has been at his best neither but he's been quite consistent in recent weeks so anything around 3.00 and over would be a reasonable bet on the Czech, don't you think? Cheers, Mark

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Tomas Berdych to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 2.83 with Pinnacle The H2H record might be horrible, but the circumstances are all in Berdych's favour this time around and I fancy his chances to get a win over the Spaniard today. After all, his serve and his big shots are working well and Gulbis showed that it is possible to trouble Nadal with those weapons. Good price I would say. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-nadal-betting-tomas-berdych-to-improve-his-h2h-record-against-rafael-nadal Back Juan Martin del Potro (+4.5) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 2/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Djokovic was awesome yesterday, but the main reason for that was that Tsonga simply opened the floodgates early on and then self-destructed completely. I don't believe that the same is going to happen with the Argentinian, who will be full of confidence after that brilliant comeback against Murray, so the handicap line looks like a good option to me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-del-potro-betting-the-argentinian-can-cover-the-handicap-line-against-djokovic-this-time-around

Re: March 4 - March 17 nadal (-2.5) to bt berdych 1.87 at Pinnacle (7/10) Short analysis because I'm on the road and typing on my phone. Nadal looks to be back and played quite well against unfit Fed that was clearly not at his best. Although Tbird is in form I still think his game atm lacks depth to blow Rafa away. Rafa still being underrated iyam.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Indian Wells, BNP Paribas - March 16th, 2013 Tomas Berdych vs.Raffael Nadal Pick: Tomas Berdych to win match. odds 2.75 at Bet365.com The odds are against Berdych. In the sixteen meetings, it has been lopsided with Nadal winning 13 and Berdych only coming out on top 3 times. Berdych has not lost a set in this tournament while Nadal did give one up to Ernests Gulbis. One interesting note is that all three times that Berdych beat Nadal was on hard court surfaces. Despite the fact that Nadal historicaly has come out on top in these match ups I'm going to say that Berdych may just pull this one out. He has done well in this tournament so far and he meets Nadal on the hard court. Look for Berdych to pull out an upset over Nadal.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Djokovic - Del Potro. Under 20.5 games @ 2.22 Pinnacle. (5/10) ​Impossible to let this one slide. Although I'm really enjoying the way Delpo is playing, he won't be able to prevail against Nole. Especially in the match against Murray, Del Potro played his backhand shot so poorly. Every backhand went cross or he tried to play it inside out. Murray tried to hit some backhands down the line, but because the Scot wasn't on his game, this never succeeded and he practically lost against himself. Nole will anticipate more on those backhand crosses and can pull the backhand down the line trigger a lot easier than Murray could yesterday. Also, Djokovic' game is much more on the money than Murray's at the moment and I do believe that when the first break of serve falls, all the confidence Delpo is carrying falls with it. Nole is also playing more solid with each match and this was also displayed against Tsonga when he frustrated the Frenchman into imploding. After that Nole just had to hit the ball in the field and Jo would hit it out. Delpo has the capacities to danger Nole, but the odds are far too high to ignore for me. GL

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Caroline Wozniacki to beat Maria Sharapova for a 1/10 stake at 5.00 with Bet365 Going with the underdogs today. Caroline Wozniacki deserves to be a big underdog against Sharapova, but not such a huge one I would say. The conditions in Indian Wells suit her game and she managed to win against Sharapova here two years ago, so we might easily be in for an upset here. The odds for Wozniacki's victory are definitely a touch higher than I would have them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wozniacki-vs-sharapova-betting-maria-sharapova-might-have-a-few-problems-against-caroline-wozniacki Back Juan Martin del Potro to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 2.62 with Pinnacle There is only one thing that I am worried about here - the fatigue that could be troubling the Argentinian after those two comebacks against Djokovic and Murray. Apart from that, however, I feel that he has been playing the better tennis of the two so far in Indian Wells and I certainly would not be surprised by seeing him taking the trophy at the end of the day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/del-potro-vs-nadal-betting-juan-martin-del-potro-can-stop-rafael-nadal-s-comeback-run