** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 4 - March 17

Re: March 4 - March 17 Thanks steway

Jelena Jankovic vs Svetlana Kuznetsova Jankovic to win a set 1.73 at skybet (4 units):ok Jankovic to win 2.75 at bet365 (2 units) :\ Sara Errani vs Lourdes Dominguez Lino Lino to win a set 3.75 at skybet (2 units) :ok Lino to win 9.0 at bet365 (1 unit) :\
It's a shame neither of Jankovic or Lino could take the decisive third set, but still +5.42 for the night, taking me back up to +12.65 for the tournament.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: March 4 - March 17 March 9th, 2013 Copa Cachantun - Santiago Chile Antonio Veic Vs. Thiemo De Bakker Pick: Antonio Veic to Win Match. Odds 2.20 @ Bet365.com This should be a really good match up. Both players have done well in their last 3 matches. Antonio Veic is currently ranked 127 which is near his career high of 119. He has had a steady and consistant rise in the rankings since 2008. Year to date he has won slightly more than he has won at 89 and 80. Thiemo De Bakker is currently climbing back up to his careeer high of 40 but still has a ways to go at 111th. Looking at the year to date matches won, Bakker has the advantage having won 80 and lost only 42. Bakker also has the advantage in the odds department with current odds of 1,61. He is definately the favorite. However the one time that these two have gone head to head professionaly, it wasn't Bakker who came out on top, it was Veic. Given the fact the Veic is one up on Bakker in head to head and the current slow but consistent rise of Veic I am going to give the edge to Veic on this one. All the Best, Bloke

Re: March 4 - March 17 ^^ If you check the stats De Bakker has a superior record on Clay at all levels (ATP, Challenger and Futures), hence favouritism. However I thought he made hard work of a weak opponent yesterday, making quite a few unforced errors, whereas Veic was more solid. Probably one to watch before taking an opinion!

Re: March 4 - March 17 Some great calls by Dylan in recent weeks :ok Taking one for today in Indian Wells... Leonardo Mayer to beat Mikhail Youzhny @ 9/4 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Until I see something from Youzhny that indicates he might someday wake up from his malaise, then I'll continue to fade him against hungry up and comers like Leo Mayer. There only seems to be a couple of tournaments a year that you can guarantee Youzhny turning up in these days and those are Zagreb and a couple of clay court tournaments in in Europe around Spring. He especially doesn't seem to be particularly enamoured by this mini-American swing and didn't even play here or Miami last year and his results in Indian Wells over the years are unspectacular to the say the least. Couple that with the aforementioned malaise and fog he seems to be meandering through then Mayer looks a good bet. He's a clay courter but trying to make an impression on hard court, and has posted some decent results on the surface over the last year (we won't mention Donald Young). He's got a pretty big all round game and I think the slow conditions and high bounce suit his game, whereas I don't think they mesh well with Youzhny's game. I wouldn't trust his backhand if he tries to come over the backhand(which he usually does) with alot of bounce, so we could well see errors on that wing. Overall Mayer with a match under his belt here and not having expended much energy on the recent clay swing, should go well. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Hmmm, I'm considering Mayer here myself Slider, he hasn't a great record on hard courts but with Youznhy all over the shop in his matches this season he might not need to put that much pressure on the Russian to snatch at least a set here . Anyway one taken for the first matches of the day; Shuai Peng vs Alex Dulgheru It’s great to have Dulgheru back and I believe unlike many players that return too earlier that she and her team have been managing her return to action well. This has meant she’s fresh and raring to go at Indian Wells. I wanted to take a punt on her in round one against de Brito but felt it was advisable to wait and see how she held up and by all accounts she put in a good performance, no concerns about her knee or her general game taking a convincing win against the Portuguese qualifier. If she continues that form into this one then she stands half a chance against a player struggling for consistency over the last year (particulary in events outside of Asia) and one she leads 1-0 in the H2H thanks to a comprehensive win on the Miami hard courts back in 2011. Dulgheru to win a set 1.83 at bwin (4 units) Dulgheru to win 3.25 at Stan James (2 units) :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Good to see sliders Mayer pick come through.

Shuai Peng vs Alex Dulgheru It’s great to have Dulgheru back and I believe unlike many players that return too earlier that she and her team have been managing her return to action well. This has meant she’s fresh and raring to go at Indian Wells. I wanted to take a punt on her in round one against de Brito but felt it was advisable to wait and see how she held up and by all accounts she put in a good performance, no concerns about her knee or her general game taking a convincing win against the Portuguese qualifier. If she continues that form into this one then she stands half a chance against a player struggling for consistency over the last year (particulary in events outside of Asia) and one she leads 1-0 in the H2H thanks to a comprehensive win on the Miami hard courts back in 2011. Dulgheru to win a set 1.83 at bwin (4 units) :ok Dulgheru to win 3.25 at Stan James (2 units):\
Well this one was closer that I thought after Dulgheru was bageled in the first set. Still she didn't quite have the legs to complete the turnaround with Peng winning 60 46 63. +1.18 units profits

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Philipp Petzschner (+1.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori for a 3/10 stake at 2.40 with Pinnacle Back Philipp Petzschner to beat Kei Nishikori for a 1/10 stake at 4.84 with Pinnacle Nishikori has apparently never done much in Indian Wells and it remains to be seen whether he will be able to negotiate things with this surface this time around or not. At the prices on offer, however, I am willing to bet on him not being able to do that, especially after seeing Petzschner outplaying Dmitry Tursunov in straight sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/petzschner-vs-nishikori-betting-the-german-can-be-a-tough-opponent-for-kei-nishikori Back E.Donskoy/A.Murray - Over 18.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 2.10 with with Paddy Power Back Evgeny Donskoy (+1.5 sets) to beat Andy Murray for a 1/10 stake at 5.00 with Paddy Power Murray has not played since the Australian Open and has a rather poor record in Indian Wells, so not sure whether he really deserves this favoritism. Donskoy is a solid player that has been rising through the ranks for quite some time now, so I fancy him to be able to build on his easy win against Ito and trouble the Scot today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/donskoy-vs-murray-betting-andy-murray-might-be-in-for-a-surprisingly-tough-encounter-in-indian-wells-

Re: March 4 - March 17 Facundo Bagnis - Thiemo de Bakker: 2 (HC -2,5 games); @ 1,90 with bet365 Between all this master tennis here´s one chellenger pick. It´s the Santiago final, and I see Thiemo de Bakker win this quite easy. He´s by far the better player, good serve, straight wins in the tournament so far. He is playing challenger to get back on track, and he seems to be successfull in that. Facundo Bagnis is neither a good nor a bad player, just nothing special at all. He has been quite struggling to get to the final, but in my opinion he won´t win that.

Re: March 4 - March 17 One already taken for the WTA today. Maria Kirilenko vs Mallory Burdette I’m keen to get on the American Burdette here as she’s got plenty of momentum under her belt and is playing well on these Californian hard courts which are suiting her big hitting style. With Kirilenko still on the mend following her shoulder operation after the Doha event, Burdette does have the attributes that could unsettle and really test the Russian here. By all accounts Kirilenko didn’t look comfortable for much of her second round match up against McHale and it seems a case that the McHale lost her head at a set and a break up. I don’t know enough about Burdette to rule out the possibility of that happening here, but unlike her American compatriot on Friday, she’ll be on an outside court with no TV coverage scheduled so the pressure and expectation should be a little bit less. Burdette +1.5 sets 2.08 at Sporting Bet (3 units) Burdette to win 3.75 at Ladbrokes (1.5 units) :hope I also think there a little bit of value on Jo Larrson today up against Sara Errani, for similar reasons to those which I wrote about in Errani's previous match against Lino. Errani (as well as her Spanish opponent) played terribly in that match, both struggled to hold serve for large periods of the match, so if Larsson can get her serve going then she may be able to get a foothold. At odds of 6.0 for the win its worth some consideration, although the H2H is massively in Errani's favour (5-0)

Re: March 4 - March 17

Facundo Bagnis - Thiemo de Bakker: 2 (HC -2' date=5 games); @ 1,90 with bet365 Between all this master tennis here´s one chellenger pick. It´s the Santiago final, and I see Thiemo de Bakker win this quite easy. He´s by far the better player, good serve, straight wins in the tournament so far. He is playing challenger to get back on track, and he seems to be successfull in that. Facundo Bagnis is neither a good nor a bad player, just nothing special at all. He has been quite struggling to get to the final, but in my opinion he won´t win that.
Don't know if you saw De Bakker against Lama but he was really erratic on return. Yes, on serve De Bakkers looks good, powerful. But Bagnis could frustrate him with powerful shots and Bagnis has a decent serve himself. I hope however for De Bakker to finish Bagnis as I do not like him at all.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Pablo Andujar to beat Tommy Haas @ 6/1 BET 365 Strength (4/10) Smaller stakes here but feel Andujar is being underestimated a bit. He's touted as a clay courter but apart from Casablanca(which he's won two years in a row) he's actually better on hard court than the dirt. He played well here last year taking a set off Djokovic and over the last couple of years he pushed quite a few top guys pretty close in these sort of tournaments. He seems to be enjoy playing in America that's for sure. Haas is a class player despite his age and he also doesn't make a habit of losing too often in these types of matches but he was quite close to losing against Sijsling in Delray and ended up losing a tough match against Gulbis in the semi-finals so he could still be suffering a bit of a hangover from that. He's 34 as well and has had a pretty tough schedule, and although he's always been consistent I think he could be vulnerable here against a player he's expected to beat easily and especially in conditions that are an acquired taste. He lost to Granollers here last year and if Andujar plays as well as he can he's capable of pulling off the upset. :hope

Pablo Andujar to beat Tommy Haas @ 6/1 BET 365 Strength (4/10) Smaller stakes here but feel Andujar is being underestimated a bit. He's touted as a clay courter but apart from Casablanca(which he's won two years in a row) he's actually better on hard court than the dirt. He played well here last year taking a set off Djokovic and over the last couple of years he pushed quite a few top guys pretty close in these sort of tournaments. He seems to be enjoy playing in America that's for sure. Haas is a class player despite his age and he also doesn't make a habit of losing too often in these types of matches but he was quite close to losing against Sijsling in Delray and ended up losing a tough match against Gulbis in the semi-finals so he could still be suffering a bit of a hangover from that. He's 34 as well and has had a pretty tough schedule, and although he's always been consistent I think he could be vulnerable here against a player he's expected to beat easily and especially in conditions that are an acquired taste. He lost to Granollers here last year and if Andujar plays as well as he can he's capable of pulling off the upset. :hope
This is a really intriguing one. While I think Haas should have enough to win this, Andujar seems a ridiculous price. You can get above 3.00 for him to win a set, which also appears generous. His form recently has been ropey, but the slower hard-court conditions in Indian Wells suit him no end, plus he's got a lot of ranking points to defend. Interesting one to watch. Hopefully you've spotted a gem.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Nice pick by Czech on Donskoy to take a set. Lets hope that a few other picks can come in tonight.

Maria Kirilenko vs Mallory Burdette Burdette +1.5 sets 2.08 at Sporting Bet (3 units) :ok Burdette to win 3.75 at Ladbrokes (1.5 units) :\
Well I turned a profit here, but again frustrated that the third set didn’t go the way I was hoping for. Still up to +15.57 for the first week of this tournament. There isn’t much catching my eye tomorrow, with only Georges in my thinking at the moment. I will however take a double on two normally pretty reliable performers. Stosur to beat Peng and Anderson to beat Nieminen 2.08 at Stan James (3 units) I was a bit wary that Anderson may struggle coming back into such a big event so soon after surgery but he’s proved his fitness with 2 excellent performances. His serving was incredible against Hanescu, just conceding one break point in the first service game, but after that the Romanian wasn’t able to get anywhere near the big serving Anderson. Then to come through a match against Ferrer must give even more of a confidence boost going into this one against Nieminen who he has a 3-0 H2H record against. Whilst the Finn has done well in recent weeks I always get the feeling that he knows his level and he’s unlikely to really upset the odds that much. Both he and Anderson are somewhat similar players but there is no doubt that Anderson possesses the better game and form at the moment. I wouldn’t read too much into the victory over Verdasco, by all accounts the Spaniard was probably less than 50% fit, still struggling with his neck and Nieminen is the type of guy who generally crushes weak opponents, so I’m not expecting another performance like from the Finn anytime soon. After the nightmare of the Aussie Open / Fed cup performances Sam Stosur has come back with stronger showings in the Middle East and followed it up with a good win in her opening match here against the lively Keys. That I feel was a good match for Stosur, a real test to make sure she was fully prepared for Indian Wells where she needs a good run to properly kick start her season. With Peng up next there is a great chance to reach the last 16 as her Chinese opponent will probably offer less resistance than Keys did, and has been comprehensively beaten by the Australian in their last 2 meetings and has a head to head deficit of 0-4. Peng doesn’t have a great record in recent seasons on hard courts outside Asia and didn’t look comfortable in her opening game almost throwing away the game after bageling Dulgerhu in the opening set. If her first match is anything to go by Stosur will also get great support out in Indian Wells as following the match with Keys, the American’s agent has complained that the crowd were too supportive of the Aussie rather than his client. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Benoit Paire to beat Gilles Simon for a 2/10 stake at 2.20 with Pinnacle Benoit Paire leads the H2H record 2-0 (with the most recent victory coming just a few weeks ago) and has been playing the better tennis of the two so far in this tournament, so I would probably have the odds the other way around here. Gilles Simon was pretty lucky in the match against Lorenzi, so he will need to raise his game by a lot in order to defeat Paire - and that goal might easily be out of his reach right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paire-vs-simon-betting-benoit-paire-to-get-his-third-win-over-gilles-simon-today Back Yanina Wickmayer (+1.5 sets) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 2/10 stake at 1.98 with Pinnacle I can see Wickmayer taking a set off the German today, that is for sure. There is not that much between the two in terms of overall quality, so we should be in for a good contest and, with the H2H standing at 1-1 (with both matches going to three sets), I am more than happy to back the talented Belgian at the prices that are on offer right now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wickmayer-vs-kerber-betting-the-talented-belgian-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-angelique-kerber

Re: March 4 - March 17 [h=1]Janowicz to beat Gasquet 3.25 at Bet365 2/10[/h] Duel between two talented players but mentally week, which is absolutely in favor of Janowicz. He likes to press opponents near the baseline, and when you use this kind of game against Gasquet, hes kicks are poor and he start to lose nerves, he react bad on aggressive players which is Janowicz. If he continues with this tennis, Pole will become synonym for aggressive game, madness serve and forehand and dropshot which ideally breaks the rhythm in which the opponents gets used. In this match he need only psychologically survive and victory is there

This is a really intriguing one. While I think Haas should have enough to win this, Andujar seems a ridiculous price. You can get above 3.00 for him to win a set, which also appears generous. His form recently has been ropey, but the slower hard-court conditions in Indian Wells suit him no end, plus he's got a lot of ranking points to defend. Interesting one to watch. Hopefully you've spotted a gem.
Andujar should've won that second set really. Better player and was in most of Haas's service games until the tie-break when he just capitulated. Haas is just so annoyingly consistent, you would think at his age he would throw these guys a bone once in a while!

Re: March 4 - March 17 Challenger Sarajevo - Pierre-Hughes Herbert to beat Cedric-Marcel Stebe @ 2/1 BET 365 Strength (6/10) In the battle of the triple-barrelled I think Herbert has a real chance to emerge victorious. Stebe is the better player without doubt but he's been out for around six weeks with an injury despite initially saying he would be out for only a couple of weeks - so it must have been pretty serious. He's coming back to a pretty to tough task ; facing a huge serving Frenchman in the fastest indoor court out there. Sarajevo is like an ice rink and really suits the big servers and Herbert has a big one. The rest of his game leaves a bit to be desired and he's been a bit dodgy recently but he plays better in Europe (won a futures event in France in January) and if he serves like he can he'll be very hard to break, especially with Stebe being rusty and possibly not fully fit. The Frenchman is definately value. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Dallas Challenger - Andre Begemann to beat Matteo Viola @ 4/1 BET 365 Strength (4/10) Definitely feel Viola is due a tank. He's had a pretty strenuous schedule in recent months, trying and in part succeeding in making an impression on the main tour. He was unlucky against Odesnik in Indian Wells qualies and he's also pencilled in to play Miami qualies next week. You have to wonder whether he might look to conserve energy here. He doesn't have any points to defend and he's not a stranger to not putting up much a fight in first round matches if he's not motivated(check out some of his results last year) and Begemann, although a mediocre journeyman, can be a pretty decent player and should enjoy the conditions here in Dallas. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Yeah two great picks there Slider, wish I'd seen them earlier!

Stosur to beat Peng and Anderson to beat Nieminen 2.08 at Stan James (3 units) :ok
The double came in after a little scare from Stosur. Up to +18.81 units. One more taken for the evening Leyton Hewitt vs Stan Wawrinka Just a quick one before I grab some shut eye. Wawrinka is someone who never makes things easy for himself so often he loses focus in a match and when he does it can be quite easy for any half decent opponent to force their way back into things. We saw that with Odesnik in Stan’s opening game where a slow start soon saw him drop the opening set and Hewitt fresh from two good victories will be keen to oppose himself early one. The Aussie seems to be fit and healthy at the moment and when he’s in good condition he still has the game and the belief to test someone like Wawrinka. Their most recent match up in a Davies Cup tie at the back end of 2011 went to 5 sets, and I can see a similarly tough match for Wawrinka if he is to progress here. Hewitt +1.5 sets 1.92 at 188bet (3 units) Hewitt to win 3.4 at bet365 (1.5 units)

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Carlos Berlocq (+1.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori for a 2/10 stake at 3.18 with Pinnacle Well, I am still not convinced about Nishikori. Petzschner was playing rather poorly and still had plenty of chances against him, so one has to wonder whether the Japanese number one really deserves to be such a massive favourite here. For me, he does not - and the set handicap looks like a really good selection to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berlocq-vs-nishikori-betting-the-consistent-argentinian-might-be-able-to-take-a-set-off-kei-nishikori Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Tommy Haas for a 2/10 stake at 1.72 with Ladbrokes Fancy Almagro to finally defeat the German (the H2H currently stands at 0-2), as he has been playing really well in recent weeks and has more quality overall. Haas is on a good run results-wise, but his performances have not been that special in all fairness and I can't see him handling such a tough opponent today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-haas-betting-nicolas-almagro-should-enjoy-a-nice-edge-against-the-german

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Klara Zakopalova to bt Kvitova @4.35 Pinnacle (3/10) First - these two met twice on challenger level in 2007 (in Czech Rep), and Klara won both matches. Second - Klara is a streaky player, did defend round 4 here in IW, and certainly would be pleased to go further. On the road, she defeated quality opponents Cibulkova and Peer. Third - Kvitova is known to never play well on US hard courts. She has problems with asthma, and Florida/Miami hot conditions do not suit her. Her past results in IW: 2010 - Lost to Pennetta in R2, 2011 - Lost to Zahlavova-Strycova in R1, 2012: Lost to McHale in R3. This year is exceptional in that she got to R4, but she made it by beating two low-rated opponents Govortsova and Tsurenko, and she had big troubles with both. Today's match is scheduled shortly after noon (second match on court 7), and it should be a hot day today - near 30 degrees centigrade, no wind. IMO Klara should capitalize. I have been considering overs, too, but chances are good Petra is going to collapse and I would hate going for O20.5 with Petra losing 3-6 4-6.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Angelique Kerber vs Garbine Mugurzu After her run at Miami last year I had hoped that the young Spaniard would really kick on but she sort of fell off the scene until last month In Brazil where she popped up again to take a set off Venus Williams. She’s now followed that up with a great run from the qualifiers here to tonights last 16 match. She’s beaten some strong opponents in this run and whilst she still has improvements to make in her game she already possess a couple of great strengths most particularly her serve (particular confident on the second serve), which allows here to normally get a decent foothold within a match and games on the board. She also has a decent array of shots from both sides which should keep Kerber more on the defensive than the German would probably like. This allied with the slower surfaces at Indian Wells may play more into Muguruzu’s hands than Kerbers . As with Burdette the other night, there is an unknown about Mugurzu’s temperament in these big occasions but they are only on court 3 with again no tv coverage so pressure may be lifted a little and she certainly showed no sign of nerves in her last round. Mugurzu to win a set 2.10 at Paddy Power (3 units) Mugurzu to win 4.0 at bet465 (1.5 units) :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Some good calls guys. Big thanks to Dylan, CzechPunter and slider24 for great analysis. Regardless of the results I love to read valuable information. I wonder where Regnavetto is, he's got some good insight in the sport as well. I've watched some of the matches involving Sharapova, Djokovic and Azarenka. Sharapova looked a bit lost in the first set but after a few games she gained her momentum and trashed the Spaniard in the second set. Djoko has some minor issues in the first set as well but from 1-4 to Dimitrov he showed a lot of quality and proven that he'll be capable of winning the whole tournament. In terms of Azarenka I have to admit that she has been very consistent. Regardless of whether I like her or not I have to admit that she was playing very well without any major errors the only concern I have is that she seemed to be in some pain at the end of the first set but still managed to take advantage of the younger of the Radwanska sisters. I think that if she manages to get over the pain or the injury she seemed to pick up, she could trash Wozniacki easily but if she is struggling a bit with her health the Pole/Dane could take the full advantage of the situation and may win against the Belarusian. Cheers, Mark

Re: March 4 - March 17 2 PICKS FOR INDIAN WELLS: SHARAPOVA TO DEFEAT ERRANI BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.57 on pinnaclesports QUERREY+6 GAMES HANDICAP TO DEFEAT DJOKOVIC @ 1.79 on pinnaclesports Should be an easy match from Sharapova as she loves playing those defensive players. Should just hit winner after winner. Surely Djokovic is a clear favorite but he has not been at his best and Querrey has a big game. Should be able to hold such a big handicap.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Maria Kirilenko to beat Petra Kvitova for a 2/10 stake at 3.25 with Pinnacle Kirilenko knows how to play against Kvitova (the H2H stands at 3-3) and will be full of confidence, so I fancy her chances to get yet another massive victory here. The Czech has not played against anyone strong so far in Indian Wells, so it might be hard for her to adapt to the quality the Russian will bring to the table today and I wouldn't be surprised by seeing her struggle throughout the entire match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kirilenko-vs-kvitova-betting-petra-kvitova-might-be-set-to-struggle-against-the-russian- Back Ernests Gulbis to beat Rafael Nadal for a 2/10 stake at 3.62 with Pinnacle Well, this should be the highlight of the day, right? And I do indeed think that we will be in for an exciting clash - and one that might easily have a surprising winner. Nadal has only played one match here so far, so we don't know much about where he is at and Gulbis has a playing style that will put the Spaniard under plenty of pressure, which is something that he simply isn't going to like today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gulbis-vs-nadal-betting-ernests-gulbis-looks-value-against-rafael-nadal-in-indian-wells

Re: March 4 - March 17 Strange match between Kvitova and Zako yesterday. Played on non-televised court, Kvitova billion times 0-30 down, then won the game by 4 straight points. Zako was due to bagel in the 2nd set, but won 3 love (at least I think they all were love) games in a row from 0-5... That smels big time. I second Czech in Makiri to bt Kvitova

Re: March 4 - March 17 Dallas Challenger - Tatsumo Ito to beat Bobby Reynolds @ 13/8 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Good time to fade Reynolds here. He's had a pretty gruelling couple of weeks in Delray Beach and Indian Wells where he won alot of close matches and was on the verge of knocking out Mardy Fish but choked a bit in the third set. He would have expended alot of energy and intensity over the last couple of weeks so we might see a little dip from him here. He's not defending any ranking points in Dallas(after losing heavily to Lacko in the first round last year) and he's schedule to play in Canada next week so he might look at this as an opportunity to rest up for that. Reynolds is a grinder though and attitude is his strong point so we won't see a blatant tank but his game relies on hussle and if he's not 100% then he's beatable, especially if Ito turns up. The Japanese lost heavily to a hot Donskoy last week but he's good player on his day, not a big server but very good off the ground and I think he's got good chance of knocking off the American. He's also not scheduled to play anywhere next week so his full focus should be on this tournament. :hope