Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

March 4 - March 17

Re: March 4 - March 17 Three matches from IW qualies that I'm confident about today. Anastasija Sevastova to beat Anastasia Rodionova. 1.68 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Sevastova holds a 3-0 H2H record against Rodionova. All of their matches have been close, including couple 3-setters, yet Sevastova has always come out on top. Although her favorite surface is clay, she has done nothing on the dirt this year but reached quarter finals on hard in Pattaya. Rodionova is average player who has no outstanding skills and basically this match will be tough for her to win mentally having not beaten Sevastova in 3 previous attempts. Before her injuries, Sevastova has reached 3rd round in IW, including beating Ana Ivanovic few years ago. As for the match-up, I think Sevastova has an advantage in better baseline game. This match most likely will be very ugly and I'm not ruling out 3 sets (overs are good option, too) but expect the Latvian to win. Misaki Doi to beat Michelle Larcher De Brito. 1.82 @ Unibet (8/10) Neither of these two has ever won MD match at IW and I don't think either will achieve that target this year. The winner of this match might not get out of the qualies. I am not a fan of the very loud De Brito. She is very capable is screwing a lot of matches, especially after winning the first set. That has been the way she has lost both matches against Doi. Neither player is in particularly good form but Doi has played better opponents lately whereas Michelle is still stuck on ITF tour. Again, this might take few hours and 3 sets to complete but I fancy the Japanese to advance to the next round. She's just a little bit more solid and doesn't choke that much. Eugenie Bouchard to beat Elina Svitolina. 2.14 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Fancy Bouchard in this one as an underdog. In my opinion, she has more to offer on hard courts. Genie has very powerful game, including serve, she goes for her shots. Sadly, tends to miss a lot, too. She can choke big time as well and lack of experience has destroyed her on a few occasions lately but her results have improved lately. She had a very good match against Errani in Acapulco last week, lots of confidence to take from that. Bouchard and Svitolina have not played on WTA tour before but have couple matches between then in juniors. Bouchard destroyed Svitolina 6-2, 6-2 in last year's Wimbledon final and has another win over the Ukraine young star having defeated her in the prestigious Orange Bowl tournament in 2010. The result back then was 7-5, 6-2.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Indian Wells Qualies... Mallory Burdette to beat Jana Cepelova @ 5/6 BET 365 Strength (7/10) Good bet for a number of reasons. Burdette is a very capable player who posted some good results last year, however she's had a poor start to the season. Class is permanent and all that though so she will look at this as a good opportunity to kick start our season. She's had a few weeks off as well since Memphis so she'll be fresh. She's coming up against Cepelova, a very good player but someone who's had to endure a 30 hour flight from Florianopolis(she arrived in Indian Wells yesterday) and she also lost her luggage, so you have to wonder about her physical and mental preparation for this match. Burdette favourite for me. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 We'll have some qualifiers for Indian Wells tonight. Any ideas? Really tough matches. I would throw some spare change on Ryan Harrison's little brother to beat Gulbis, confidence 1/10 priced at 11 by 365. Ernie is in great shape, won Delray Beach but still has to play qualies here because his ranking really slipped last year. He's of course a huge favourit but i wouldn't price him so low no matter who he plays, let's not forget he managed to lose to Michal Przysiezny not so long ago. Christian Harrison is a talented lad, still too eratic for the big league as he can lose to almost anyone even on the futures tour. But i think he'll have a big suport here (family, friends, coaches etc.) and give his best. Of course for him to win Gulbis will have to be his old crazy self again but then again Ernie is no fan of playing qualifiers especially after winning a trophy last week.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Denis Novikov to beat Guillaume Rufin @ 9/4 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Good chance for the wildcard Novikov to post a scalp here. He showed in the US Open that he's capable of big things, beating Janowicz and losing a tight match to Benneteau. He hit a tonne of aces in both matches so his game works well on the surface. Rufin more of a clay courter and he retired with an abdominal injury in his last match so his fitness is in question. Novikov worth a shot here. :hope

Re: March 4 - March 17 Back Agnieszka Radwanska to win WTA BNP Paribas Open @ 9.00 >Betfair I'm sticking with Agnieszka Radwanska during this tournament, despite striking out both times that I've backed her so far this season. She made the semi-finals in Doha, and then the quarter-finals in Dubai where she was knocked out by eventual champion Kvitova. Her game seems a little off to me at the moment, and I don't think she is playing to the same standard that she was at the start of the season. However, she is such a consistent player that I think a return to form should be just around the corner. I don't think her draw is too bad here, despite being in the same half as Kvitova and Sharapova. Although she doesn't have the best record against either player, Kvitova is still unreliable in my opinion and so may not make their scheduled quarter-final meeting, and Sharapova has had far less match practice than Radwanska since the Australian Open which might count against her if they play each other at the semi-final stage. If Radwanska manages to reach the final, most likely she would play Azarenka, but as Azarenka withdrew from her last tournament she may not be completely fit this week. I think Radwanska will win a title again soon, and I'm hoping it will be at this tournament.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Delbonis to beat Riba 2-0 in sets. 1.8 @ Interwetten (5/10 stake) Delbonis is a player that I rated in the past as quite talented, but he didn't develop the way I thought he would have. Apart from that, he's been playing quite well this year. Beating Sousa and Montanes in straight sets at Buenos Aires is quite decent and he actually played well in the 36 26 match against Rafa a few weeks ago in Vina Del Mar. Pere Riba is back after not having played since April 2012. His return featured a loss against Aguilar and Robredo. Against Robredo he was really dreadful, but ofcourse that's because of his first match back on the tour. Despite winning yesterday, he had trouble coming through against a player that I've never heard of, Kovalik. This should be a match that Delbonis could win quite easily also because of the fact he's a lefty and that's a bad match up for Riba. On a side note Delbo won in straight sets when he was just a youngster back in 2009.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Munoz De La Nava to beat Ignatik. Odds 1.58 @ Pinnacle (6/10 stake) Odds are just a tad too high on this one. I would have them around 1.45 or something. Ignatik is a very average player that hasn't played a decent match at all this season. Mannarino thrashed him 64 62 in Cherbourg. Winning against Bachinger isn't that impressive at all, who lost against Viola after a decent upswing at Rotterdam. Ignatik is certainly the lesser in the rally and has to hope that his serve will back him up a bit. Munoz-De la Nava however has had a wonderful tournament at Delray Beach, surprisingly beating both Harrison and Malisse. In this match up I'm quite certain the better player in the rally should prevail. In this case Munoz-De La Nava. GL

Re: March 4 - March 17 Marina Erakovic vs Shahar Peer From a value perspective it’s difficult to not take something on Peer, at what is in my opinion a stand out price. The Israeli Peer had a difficult year in 2012, with a number of injuries and some issues with her coach. She’s now as far as I’m aware working under a new coach and whilst results haven’t quite been there yet she seems to be a lot happier and should be able to work her way back up the rankings and into better form as the year goes on. When she does that she can be a handful on hard courts and let’s not forget she was a quarter finalists here just two years ago. Erakovic despite a decent start to the season has no real pedigree on outdoor hard courts and if she’s motivated enough for this one then Peer can certainly cause Erakovic plenty of headaches. Slightly lower stake than I would normally put on due to the question marks over Peer still. Peer +1.5 sets 2.66 at 188bet (3 units) Peer to win 5.5 at bet365 (1.5 units) :hope There seems to be slim pickings for the rest of the first round action in the womens event, although I’m keeping an eye of the price of Jovanovski vs Muguruzu, at 2.26 the Serb looks decent value.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Bonjour Everybody For the match between ERAKOVIC v PEER ,we have the over 18.5 @2.14 on Marathonbet , do you think its a more secure value ? If the match end to 6-3 6-4 ? Im a little bit afraid when i look the stats of Peer , she can play much better this year, of course, but vs ERAKOVIC :/ who had a very good stat on this surface i think is a very difficult bet PEER win or +1.5sets ... Good Luck at you anyway and sorry for my bad english ;) Im gone take the over @ 2.14 on marathon and i hope she gone take a set in minimum Bye

Re: March 4 - March 17

Bonjour Everybody For the match between ERAKOVIC v PEER ,we have the over 18.5 @2.14 on Marathonbet , do you think its a more secure value ? If the match end to 6-3 6-4 ? Im a little bit afraid when i look the stats of Peer , she can play much better this year, of course, but vs ERAKOVIC :/ who had a very good stat on this surface i think is a very difficult bet PEER win or +1.5sets ... Good Luck at you anyway and sorry for my bad english ;) Im gone take the over @ 2.14 on marathon and i hope she gone take a set in minimum Bye
I'm always wary about handicap lines, as sometimes it can come down to nothing more than who the first server is in a set, or at what point in a set a break occurs. I can understand that you are worried about Pe'er, as I think everyone would agree she is in a pretty severe funk right now. At the same time though, I agree with Dylan that this could be the match where she rediscovers some form, either by taking a set or even winning the match. Another reason why I think Erakovic might be worth opposing is her good run last time out in Memphis - it's hard to keep playing to a consistently high level and if Erakovic is feeling jaded then that could certainly be a leveller. Good luck with your bet.

Re: March 4 - March 17 ​I'm taking two in Indian Wells, one from each half of the draw. Back Roger Federer to win ATP BNP Paribas Open @ 8.00 >Betfair I'm going to keep faith with Federer, despite his loss to Berdych last week in the Dubai semi-final. He probably should have made the final, but he squandered match points and Berdych was able to edge the win. On another day Federer would have won, and I think he would have given Djokovic a harder game in the final than Berdych did. During this tournament I expect Federer to swing freely and really go for his shots, as he knows that he will be taking a break afterwards. I also think he will want to go out with a bang, and will be keen to successfully defend this title having failed to defend his title last week. He is in the bottom half of the draw, and although there are some good players there, I think he could have the measure of all of them in this tournament. Federer might play Benneteau in the third round, and if he does I'm sure he will want to avenge the loss he suffered against him in Rotterdam a few weeks ago. In the fourth round it could be a match against Isner or Wawrinka, but Isner still doesn't look right to me at the moment and Wawrinka has a poor record against Federer. Nadal should provide the opposition if Federer reaches the quarter-final, but this is his first hard court tournament of the season and it's possible that his knees will find it difficult to stand up to the surface. Ferrer or Berdych could be waiting for Federer in the semi-final, but like Nadal, Ferrer is coming off the clay, and Berdych might struggle to keep going having made the final of tournaments in each of the last two weeks. One of Murray or Djokovic should make the final from the top half of the draw, but Murray has not played since the Australian Open, and although Djokovic's form has to be respected I think Federer could beat him if his game clicks into gear. It's the last chance saloon for Federer as far as this part of the season is concerned, and that could be a decisive factor in determining if he is able to emerge victorious in Indian Wells. Back Juan Martin Del Potro to win ATP BNP Paribas Open @ 18.50 >Betfair I think Del Potro has the potential to do well in this tournament, and as Djokovic is so short and Murray might be rusty after a period of inactivity, he looks a viable alternative. He has recovered well from his early exit at the Australian Open, winning the title in Rotterdam and making the semi-final last week in Dubai. Like Federer, revenge could be on his mind in the third round here, as he might play Chardy, the player responsible for his early Australian Open exit. After that, he could play either Almagro or Haas in the forth round, but Almagro has been playing on clay courts recently and Haas had a good run in Delray Beach last week which he might struggle to repeat due to his veteran status. Murray might be Del Potro's quarter-final opponent, but he has made early exits during this part of season before and even if he does reach the quarter-final Del Potro has the game to beat him if he isn't in top form. Djokovic would be a formidable opponent for Del Potro in the semi-final, but Del Potro has troubled him in the past and has the talent to beat him. Federer is seeded to make the final from the bottom half of the draw, but as Del Potro is capable of hitting through him and has beaten him before in big matches, he should feel that he could win against him. I don't like the look of anyone else in the top half, and if Djokovic and Murray stumble then I think Del Potro is most likely to be the beneficiary.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Good job Dylan ! ;) I have take the over after i have read your post , so thanks a lot :ok Ok it's not finish for me :D , you too for the PEER win , but i think it was really good bet EDIT: OUCH! my bet was the more bad for the heart than you ! :o Congratulations , great tips dylan

Re: March 4 - March 17 Hi everyone, Sorry for an off-topic but as you are aware we have around 4 weeks of some good tennis coming up. First Indian Wells then Miami. My question is, where do you normally watch your matches or highlights? I'm based in the UK but there aren't too many options for me to watch tennis on the tele. What would you recommend? Have you ever used tennistv? Is it any good or is it better to stick with the free streaming? I've tried bet365 as well but to be honest with you the quality of the picture does not allow to watch the matches at any higher resolution and what follows it's not a pleasure at all to follow where the ball landed. I'd appreciate your help. Cheers, Mark

Hi everyone, Sorry for an off-topic but as you are aware we have around 4 weeks of some good tennis coming up. First Indian Wells then Miami. My question is, where do you normally watch your matches or highlights? I'm based in the UK but there aren't too many options for me to watch tennis on the tele. What would you recommend? Have you ever used tennistv? Is it any good or is it better to stick with the free streaming? I've tried bet365 as well but to be honest with you the quality of the picture does not allow to watch the matches at any higher resolution and what follows it's not a pleasure at all to follow where the ball landed. I'd appreciate your help. Cheers, Mark
TV coverage for Indian Wells never starts until the first weekend, and I believe its the same with Miami as well. TennisTV is probably the best option for you, the quality of the streams is pretty high, and coverage is comprehensive with plenty of highlights and replays packages to help catch up on matches you may have missed. The contract is a monthly one (£15) so you can cancel at the end of Miami. There are a couple of other options that may be useful as well. British Eurosport have decent coverage of the womens event, around 6 hours a day for the earlier rounds normally & you can subscribe to their online Eurosport player for mimimal cost (£3)and no set contract. The mens draw is covered by Sky, and although more expensive you can subscribe to skygo for about £30 a month, and get live access to all the sports channels for tennis plus everything else they offer, again I don't believe there is any set contract.

Marina Erakovic vs Shahar Peer From a value perspective it’s difficult to not take something on Peer, at what is in my opinion a stand out price. The Israeli Peer had a difficult year in 2012, with a number of injuries and some issues with her coach. She’s now as far as I’m aware working under a new coach and whilst results haven’t quite been there yet she seems to be a lot happier and should be able to work her way back up the rankings and into better form as the year goes on. When she does that she can be a handful on hard courts and let’s not forget she was a quarter finalists here just two years ago. Erakovic despite a decent start to the season has no real pedigree on outdoor hard courts and if she’s motivated enough for this one then Peer can certainly cause Erakovic plenty of headaches. Slightly lower stake than I would normally put on due to the question marks over Peer still. Peer +1.5 sets 2.66 at 188bet (3 units) :ok Peer to win 5.5 at bet365 (1.5 units) :ok
Great start to the tournament for me here, +11.73 units. What do people make of Oudin vs Keys tonight? At 5.0 the price on Oudin seems a little too high given that she beat her younger opponent on American hard courts in an ITF tournmanent just a couple of months ago. However Oudin's form since then has been poor whilst Keys started the season brilliantly on the Austrailian hard court swing. However youngsters like Keys can still be gloriously inconsistent and she maybe focused more on Miami given her run to the last 64 their last year. Has anyone seen Oudin in action recently?

Re: March 4 - March 17 For the first time, I’ll be writing a preview to a tournament. Please let me know if you found it useful, so I know if I should make more in the future for similar tournaments. Comments and questions are obviously always welcome. Favorites The ones rated favorite to win Indian Wells are quite clear: Djokovic Biggest favorite for me is Nole. He’s already shown great strength throughout the year, winning the Australian Open and Dubai recently. He should have quite the breather reaching the quarter final with Fognini, Dimitrov, Querrey possibly en route. The latter two talented players could harm Nole a bit, but I don’t expect a plausible chance for either of them. His first real hurdle will be Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Despite him winning Marseille, he hasn’t impressed me that much in February and with a 7-0 h2h since 2011, I can’t see the Frenchman harming Djokovic. Murray The second favorite must be Andy Murray. Not sure what he’s capable of at the moment as he hasn’t played since the Australian Open final in which he lost against Djokovic. Murray has an easier route to the quarter final with possibly Donskoy, Klizan and Nishikori. The first two are great matches for Murray to grow into the tournament and catch form and rhythm. Nishikori will be his first test and although I really fancy Nishikori, for me he doesn’t stand a chance whatsoever in beating the Brit. His biggest hurdle before reaching another encounter with Novak Djokovic will be against Del Potro. However I don’t expect this to bring any problems as well. Delpo has played a lot of tennis in February and was complaining a lot about his wrist at Marseille and Dubai where didn’t play really well. For me the winner of the semi final will be crowned winner of Indian wells. But I fancy Nole slightly in that match up at the moment. Federer Federer as defending champion can obviously not be ignored and should be the third biggest favorite. But I’m not that convinced of him reaching the final but Federer is obviously still a force to be reckoned with. After a warm up game against Istomin, he has to face Frenchman Benneteau that has beaten him earlier this year at Rotterdam. If he gets through that, he’ll face another bigger task in Wawrinka and although he leads the H2H 14-1, I think this time Wawrinka might have a chance in taking Federer to the limit. If he overcomes his countryman he’ll be facing Nadal/Youzhny/Baghdatis/Lopez, which might be the easiest match he’s had, that’s if Nadal’s body doesn’t decide to feel like 22 years old and the Spaniard starts blazing. Should he overcome these matches he’ll probably have to face either Berdych or Ferrer. For Fed’s sake let’s hope Ferrer, because I can see Berdych beating Federer for a third consecutive time. Ones to fade Gulbis I’m a big fan of Gulbis and I’m sure that after his epiphany at the beginning of the year he’ll be top 25 at the end of it. But Gulbis won Delray Beach after having to play 3 qualifiers and has also had two 3-set qualifier matches at Indian Wells with almost no rest after winning the title. The guy is exhausted and should rest and prepare for Miami. I’m fading him already against Lopez in his first match. Tipsarevic Janko has been really dreadful this year, surely due to some of the minor injuries he’s been complaining about. Three consecutive first round exits in February. Will be looking to fade him in his first encounter against possibly Lopez (interesting if Gulbis wins his match and doesn’t look exhausted) and otherwise against Baghdatis. Fish Watch out in backing Fish in his first encounter, the guy is back from a heart condition and hasn’t played since he had to withdraw against Federer at the US open. He’s already said to feel winded after a very short exhibition match earlier this week. Becker/Reynolds could pull an upset. Ones to watch Wawrinka I’m really hoping that Wawrinka will deliver this tournament. He already shown what he’s made of against Djokovic at the Australian Open and I’m positive he’ll beat Isner to reach Federer in R16. Like I described before, he has a chance. If he wins it, who knows what can happen after that… Baghdatis Same goes for Baghdatis. Although he didn’t really achieve anything in February he did show some good stuff at Rotterdam and Dubai. Depending on the match ups there is a slight chance as well of having Baghdatis battling for a half final spot. Biggest question mark Nadal I really, really hope Nadal’s body holds up as I’m a big fan of Rafa. Initially he wouldn’t play Indian Wells and Miami, but he’s decided to show up anyway. Since his comeback Rafa hasn’t really shown what he’s made off. That’s until the Acapulco final against Ferrer, we saw a lot of glimpses of the old Rafa and if he adapts to the surface well and his body holds up, who knows what can happen for him… I’m curious about your opinion! Let me know.

For the first time, I’ll be writing a preview to a tournament. Please let me know if you found it useful, so I know if I should make more in the future for similar tournaments. Comments and questions are obviously always welcome.
Good stuff mate. This is what I'm looking for. Good analysis, not just bare picks. I do love your match analysis but the tour preview could come out handy as well. Cheers for that, Mark

Re: March 4 - March 17 Thanks mark, appreciate it! Lopez to beat Gulbis. 2.5 @ Pinnacle (6/10) If you read my preview on Indian Wells, you already know I was going to pick this one. Gulbis has played 8 matches at Delray Beach with only 1 day of rest. After winning it he already said feel exhausted. With only a few days rest he already had to play qualifiers and unfortunately played erratically and had to play two 3 setters. I can't believe this guy to play anything near his A-game after all these matches. It is going to be good for him to have some rest and prepare for Miami. Normally I would blindly pick Gulbis as I think the match up is in his favor, but Lopez isn't the biggest mug around and is a harsh match up for a first round encounter, especially in this situation. Troicki (-2.5 games) to beat Goffin 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Good value on this one. Goffin has really been embarrassing himself hasn't won a decent match this year and also gave away a 2-0 lead away against Troicki on home soil during the Davis Cup encounter. Because Troicki can be an erratic prick himself, amount of units are mid stakes.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Nieminen (-2.5 games) to beat Sijsling 1.82 @ Pinnacle (7/10) I don't believe Sijsling is fully prepared for his match against Nieminen. Sijsling was playing quite well, winning against Tsonga and Melzer. He also had the golden opportunity to beat Cilic in Memphis and at Delray Beach he was the better player and was a set up against Tommy Haas. Unfortunately he had to retire at 4-4 with an ankle injury. The Dutchmen could resume playing rallies last Monday but is still working to get fully fit. His condition is therefore not entirely clear. But it's sure he's not 100% fit to play Nieminen. He should be rusty and lacking rhythm going into his first encounter. On the other hand Nieminen has fully rested and has enough time to prepare for his match. Nieminen will be looking to push Sijsling around the court hitting crafty angles. One advantage for Nieminen is that he can play a lot of cross court balls on Sijsling's backhand, which is easily his weaker side. Certainly in this form he can't play counter-aggressive enough to force Nieminen back himself, that is without making a lot of errors. Nieminen is certainly somebody who can capitalize in such a situation and frustrate the Dutchman. Value is fully on Nieminen in this one.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Taken one so far this evening, again where the price seem a bit too long. Victor Hanescu vs Kevin Anderson To me Hanescu is too decent a player to be at such long odds against the big serving Anderson, particularly with the South African still trying to find his momentum again after surgery a month or so ago. He played in Delray Beach last week and didn’t look at his best, conceding a set to Lu and then falling in straight sets to Isner. If he is a little bit rusty then Hanescu is the type of aggressive player that will try and not let him settle early on and has a good enough array of shots to keep Anderson ,who can be a little flat footed at times, on the move. It will of course be tough for Hanescu to overcome Andersons power, but he’s beaten him twice before on clay and took a set off him a couple of years ago on Auckland hard courts so it’s feasible that he can snatch something here. Certainly if he plays as well as he can then the Romanian should be taking Anderson to a tiebreak or two (as he did in Auckland)and these situations can often swing on luck rather than overall quality. Hanescu to win a set 2.50 at William Hills (3 units) Hanescu to win 5.0 at bet365 (1.5 units) :hope

Victor Hanescu vs Kevin Anderson To me Hanescu is too decent a player to be at such long odds against the big serving Anderson, particularly with the South African still trying to find his momentum again after surgery a month or so ago. He played in Delray Beach last week and didn’t look at his best, conceding a set to Lu and then falling in straight sets to Isner. If he is a little bit rusty then Hanescu is the type of aggressive player that will try and not let him settle early on and has a good enough array of shots to keep Anderson ,who can be a little flat footed at times, on the move. It will of course be tough for Hanescu to overcome Andersons power, but he’s beaten him twice before on clay and took a set off him a couple of years ago on Auckland hard courts so it’s feasible that he can snatch something here. Certainly if he plays as well as he can then the Romanian should be taking Anderson to a tiebreak or two (as he did in Auckland)and these situations can often swing on luck rather than overall quality. Hanescu to win a set 2.50 at William Hills (3 units) Hanescu to win 5.0 at bet365 (1.5 units)
Hanescu was unable to capitilise on an early break and eventually went down in straight sets 7-6 6-3. Down to +7.23 for the tournament.

Re: March 4 - March 17 Robredo to beat Matosevic 1.95 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Quite a tricky one in this encounter, but I would have rated Robredo a tad lower on this one. Matosevic was starting to gain some momentum during Memphis but had to retire against Nishikori. He kinda lost his mojo and couldn't bounce back in Delray Beach squandering multiple match points against Go Soeda who he had beaten just a week before the match. Matosevic isn't a bad player and has a good serve and decent forehand. His backhand isn't dreadful as well but I he just lacks a bit of skill on a lot of areas. He can become an unforced error machine when put under pressure and in the same situation he is capable of a lot of dumb approaches to the net resulting in an easy passing shot by his opponent. I think this match up is a good one in favor for Tommy Robredo. All though he isn't the player he used to be, he still has skills and good court coverage. He is definitely a player that can frustrate Matosevic into faults by being solid in the rally. My only issue is that Robredo is coming off a clay swing, but he has had over a week to adjust and prepare, so although he doesn't have any match rhythm he still has had time to face Matosevic well prepared. But because of that, just mid stakes on this one.