** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series

kevshat

After their one sided three match test series South Africa now embark on a two match T20 mini series and a full five match ODI series which all begins on Friday. All the matches are on Sky and should give some indications for both sides ahead of the Champions Trophy later in the summer. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Mar 1 16:00 GMT | 18:00 local 16:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - South Africa v Pakistan Kingsmead, Durban [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 12.png 18 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 3 12:30 GMT | 14:30 local 12:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - South Africa v Pakistan SuperSport Park, Centurion [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 34.png 16 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Mar 6 12:30 GMT | 14:30 local 12:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 10 08:00 GMT | 10:00 local 08:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - South Africa v Pakistan Chevrolet Park, Bloemfontein [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Mar 15 12:30 GMT | 14:30 local 12:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - South Africa v Pakistan SuperSport Park, Centurion [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 17 08:00 GMT | 10:00 local 08:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - South Africa v Pakistan New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Mar 21 08:00 GMT | 10:00 local 08:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - South Africa v Pakistan Kingsmead, Durban [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 24 08:00 GMT | 10:00 local 08:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - South Africa v Pakistan Willowmoore Park, Benoni [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 1st T20 preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 1st T20 11/8 Bet365 I like Pakistan in this format of the game. Of course there’s always the worry about their unpredictable nature but their bowling attack is as good as there is going around in the current game and the likes of Ajmal, Afridi and even Hafeez can be very hard to get away. Pakistan’s batting line up looks a lot more secure than it has done in the past and with South Africa still experimenting with their line up I think the tourists look good value in a Durban ground where they should get plenty of support. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-1st-t20-betting-pakistan-can-impress-in-a-format-they-are-comfortable-in

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series

1st T20 preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 1st T20 11/8 Bet365 I like Pakistan in this format of the game. Of course there’s always the worry about their unpredictable nature but their bowling attack is as good as there is going around in the current game and the likes of Ajmal, Afridi and even Hafeez can be very hard to get away. Pakistan’s batting line up looks a lot more secure than it has done in the past and with South Africa still experimenting with their line up I think the tourists look good value in a Durban ground where they should get plenty of support. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-1st-t20-betting-pakistan-can-impress-in-a-format-they-are-comfortable-in
i completely agree Kev, tha Akmals are back too. Think these are good odds on Pakistan. They always seem to be able to tap into the Imran Khan cornered tiger mentality in the shorter forms. I'm taking: Pakistan to win 1st T20I 2.20 Ladbrokes

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd T20 preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 2nd T20 11/8 Paddy Power I liked Pakistan in the scheduled first game and I see no reason to change that school of thought. 1-11 they look the stronger side in this match and their mystery spinners really can set the game up for them. With the Akmal’s back in the squad and a good batting wicket at Centurion I think Pakistan can play with freedom and confidence and take some momentum into the ODI series with a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-2nd-t20-betting-pakistan-can-take-momentum-into-odi-series-with-win-in-t20

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series ODI series preview: 3pts Pakistan to win ODI series 11/5 Boylesports This has the makings of being a really high quality ODI series. It may be a low scoring one because there’s no doubt both sides have their strength in their bowling attacks. If Pakistan can find a way of putting consistent runs on the board then I think they have every chance in this series because they have a number of matchwinners with the ball who are hard to keep out let alone score off. This series looks a lot closer on paper than the odds suggest so I’ll take Pakistan as a value pick. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-odi-series-betting-pakistan-look-the-value-in-potentially-tight-series

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 1st ODI 6/4 Boylesports Pakistan were so dominant both in the T20 against South Africa last week and the ODI series in India over Christmas that I think they are the value here. The wicket at Bloemfontein is meant to be flat and good for batting so Pakistan should be able to put up runs with the bat and when they do that they are always dangerous because their bowling attack can bowl out any side. This should be a competitive game but Pakistan look the value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-1st-odi-betting-pakistan-look-the-value-to-open-the-series-with-a-win

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series Pakistan have to be the value in game one they have the better bowling attack and Steyn wont play untill the second odi to just back this up.The weather forcast is for a good day so the ball wont swing much and the pitch should be a good one for batting.So with all things considered Pakistan has to be the call in game one.

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts M.Hafeez's Performance Pts - 45&Over 5/6 Bet365 We saw in the T20 match on this ground earlier in the tour that Mohammed Hafeez has conditions which he likes and I expect him to have a good game here. He played a wonderful innings on this ground in the T20 but his bowling can come in handy too so I think the 45pt performance line he has priced up against his name is well within his range. Hafeez scores in all three facets of the game which should see him cover this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-2nd-odi-betting-mohammad-hafeez-can-enjoy-centurion-for-second-time-on-this-tour

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts Pakistan Most 6's 11/10 BetVictor Picking the winners of matches at the Bullring in Joburg is never easy because it isn’t an easy ground to defend on so rather than trying I’m going to go for the safer bet of Pakistan to hit the most 6’s. They have hit the most 6’s in both matches in the series so far including the match when they lost by 125 runs. In the second ODI South Africa didn’t hit a single six and Pakistan won the sixes match at a canter without Afridi getting a bat so the odds against on Pakistan most 6’s looks big here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-3rd-odi-betting-pakistan-can-clear-the-ropes-the-most-in-johannesburg

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 4th ODI preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 4th ODI 8/5 Boylesports Ironically Pakistan went into this series with their bowling attack expected to win them the series but their bowling attack has been flayed on two good batting tracks. Their batting has worked well though which will be a relief for Misbah and his side. Conditions here should suit Pakistan’s bowling attack much better. Nathan Hauritz has a 4 wicket ODI haul on this ground which shows it can favour spinners and Pakistan have three of the best in the game. They play spin well too and look overpriced to level the series to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-4th-odi-betting-pakistan-can-send-the-series-into-a-decider-with-durban-win-2013-03-20

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series Got some time before this ODI so been able to look into this match in full and come up with some more bets. 5pts Pakistan Most 6's (DNB) 10/11 Ladbrokes Pakistan have won the sixes match in all three ODI's so far including the first and third ODI's where they were outplayed so I see no reason why South Africa and Pakistan are the same price in this match. South Africa finally came to the six hitting party in Johannesburg last time out when they hit 7 6's but Faf du Plessis hit three of those and he misses this match with injury. Shahid Afridi went bonkers in JoBurg and while it's unlikely we'll see such pyrotechnics from him in this match it should be recorded that the last ODI he played on this ground he hit 77 off 35 balls with 6 6's. A repeat of that would be lovely here but with Du Plessis out and South Africa's top three not hitting many sixes I like Pakistan to win the 6's battle again here. 3pts M.Hafeez's Performance Pts - 46&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Mohammad Hafeez has had a good series so far with both the bat and the ball and I see no reason why he won't cover 46pts here. This wicket is said to be very dry which will bring his off spin into play, that's even more in play with either Miller or de Kock replacing Du Plessis and given the all rounder another edge to find. With the bat Hafeez has looked very fluent in the last couple of matches and he would have scored even more than he had but for a very iffy looking run out in Centurion. Hafeez looks set to contribute in all three scoring methods here and if he does 46pts shouldn't be a big enough target for him. 3pts G.Smith Under 28.5 runs 5/6 Ladbrokes Graeme Smith isn't having the best of times in this ODI series. He scraped along to 30 in the opening game and since then he hasn't gone past 10 and he looks very shaky against Pakistan's left arm seamers who are taking the ball away from him. His record here at Kingsmead isn't the greatest either. He has one ton in 16 innings in ODI's on this ground but that was against Zimbabwe. In the other 15 innings his highest score is 56. His average in ODI's including that ton on this ground is less than 30 which is way short of his ODI average of 38.71. This isn't a good ground for Smith and this attack look to have his number so this line looks too high to me. 1pt S.Afridi Man of the Match 12/1 Bet365 The last time Shahid Afridi played on this ground in an ODI he hit a rapid fire 77 off 35 balls and then followed it up with 3 for 25 when he had the ball in his hand. A repeat of that would give him every chance of landing the man of the match award as would a repeat of his sensational innings from the last ODI should Pakistan win this match like I expect them to. Until Johannesburg, Afridi was having a quiet series. He has now fired with the bat and it shouldn't be long before he does the same with the ball. If he fires with both then he'll be in the mix at 12/1.

Re: South Africa vs Pakistan - T20 Series & ODI Series 5th ODI preview: 5pts Pakistan Most 6's 10/11 Paddy Power So far in this series Pakistan have hit the most sixes in every match and on this smaller ground I see no reason why that run won’t continue. Given that South Africa don’t hit many sixes in this format anyway added to the fact Pakistan are 4 from 4 for most sixes in this series I’m surprised Pakistan are as big as 10/11 to hit the most sixes in this match but that is a perfectly acceptable price for a punt in the series decider. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-africa-vs-pakistan-5th-odi-betting-pakistan-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-the-series-decider-20130323