Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
** Last Man Standing Result - Ivailobg/Cookro split 1st £125 / Larking22 1st Consolation Cup £50 **

USA > MLS - 2013

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Chicago Fire v DC United Chicago did us a favour at Real Salt Lake last week .... Fire are another team struggling, especially for goals, only one on the road all season, they have failed to score in 6 of ten starts, including their last three and in 4 of 5 match ups with Real, although they did score three on their last visit to Salt Lake, two years ago. Real now have a four game home stretch and with the other three much tougher fixtures on paper ( San Jose, LAG and Seattle), they will be anxious to start with a win. This is another match though which might not be quite so cut and dried as it looks on paper, last week aside, the goals have not exactly flowed for Real, especially at home, where they have scored just six in five and struggle to break teams down who sit back and for the hosts to make the running, which I am certain will be Fire's game plan. Chicago traded to get big central defender Bakary Soumaré from Philadelphia Union this week, ever since things never worked out for him in France of Germany, he has been angling for a return to his first club and love and is a very happy player, who is going to be a boost on and off the pitch. The front office has also done some good business in bringing in Mike Magee to the club from Galaxy yesterday, he is a Chicago native, so should slot right in, he will not join his team mates until Sunday, but again is another really positive boost for a club who desperately need it, all in all, a big midweek for Fire. I expect a low scoring close game and am going to opt for Chicago Fire +0.75 ball, although I was tempted by a rare "under" bet. They had to dodge a few bullets there as you might expect for their 1-1 draw, but did look more solid at the back with Soumaré ( see above) making his (second) debut and he will be stronger for the outing, Magee joined his teammates on Monday and hit the ground running, with a goal and assist on his debut in the midweek 2-0 US Open Cup win over Charlotte Eagles. It is impossible to over estimate the boost these results and trades have given the struggling club and they will fancy their chances against the only team below then in the Eastern standings, with United having scored just one goal in five road games. Magee and Chris Rolfe look to have developed an immediate understanding up front and are a very mobile pairing, that can do well against a porous visiting backline which "boasts" a -16 goal difference after just 12 games. United needed 120 minutes and penalty kicks to beat USL team Richmond Kickers in midweek and several starters saw out the whole two hours. The mood at the club is not good, with coach Ben Olsen being heavily criticised by big name player Dwayne De Rosario, who might fancy the job himself and if Olsen was not a former DC playing great, I think he would already be out of a job.... it might not be too long. Chicago Fire -0.5 ball

• 2 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Looking at the odds for tomorrow June 15th, Montreal over Columbus jumps out at me. I guess it's because they are at home, but I don't know how Columbus are the favourites. They got pumped 3-0 by Philly (whom I think are average) and then they lost Thursday night in US Open Cup vs. Chicago. They did rest some starters but most played and their starting centre back tore his ACL. Demoralized, disorganized and tired is how imagine they will compete. Montreal on the other hand... Top of the East, coming off two weeks rest (although that could backfire), 12 goals in their last 5 games, 3 MLS wins and 2 tough Canadian Championship draws (and win on away goals). Is home advantage really that good? MLS.com's editors all picked Montreal to win and that's what it certainly looks like to me. The straight 3.10 (b365) to win looks juicy, but I'm going to be greedy and go for the -1 AH @ 5.75. Was up at 6 earlier in the day and I'm upset for not pulling the trigger earlier. For the smarter gamblers out there, 2.25 for the Draw No Bet looks the wisest option. MLS is definitely an "anything can happen" league and it's probably wise to go for a little insurance. good luck if you play.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Montreal at Toronto First post. 4th meeting between the clubs this year. Montreal won 2-1 in MLS play. And in a two-leg Canadian Championship tie Toronto won the first game at home 2-0 only to lose in Montreal 0-6. Toronto is missing 2 starters for this game defender Doniel Henry and attacker Jonathan Osorio. Montreal has a healthy full squad. Simply put, Montreal is too much the better team. They play cohesively with a strong defense, despite having given up 4 last week in a strange 3-4 loss at home. They will want to reestablish their good defensive form. Toronto has the fewest goals scored in the league. Toronto is at home so I'll hedge with Montreal on the draw/no bet line at +100 on Bovada.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Well, my first tip didn't go quite as expected, but with the DNB at least I didn't lose. With so much parity in this league I use DNB a lot on the away team bets. Doing it again twice this week. Seattle at San Jose Osvalso Alonso is a hugely influential player for Seattle and is almost certainly returning from injury for this match. Seattle is 5-2-2 with him starting, 2-3-4 without him, and have allowed just five goals in his 682 minutes, as opposed to 14 goals in 758 minutes without him. Both teams will be missing a few players. Roughly even there. Another stat that struck me, San Jose has only 1 clean sheet in 21 matches this season. Seattle DNB +110 PaddyPower Los Angeles at Portland Both teams in good form right now with LA winning 3 of their last 4 and looking strong in attack. Portland just had a 13 match unbeaten run snapped last week when an early red card helped them to a 1-0 defeat. I'm going with LA in this match. Portland is deep into the bench for central defenders after injuries and the red card. Keane should be too much for them. Should be an excellent match and potentially high scoring. Los Angeles DNB +110 at Ladbrokes Still considering the over

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Toronto FC vs. New York Red Bulls (July 20th): As a TFC fan, we've hit rock bottom (again). Got rid of one of our better attacking players (Luis) and one of our better defenders (O'dea) with no real meaningful signings other than some depth bench players. We lost mid week to a terrible Chivas team even though we were playing a man up for nearly 3/4 of the game. Our top scorer (Earnshaw) was subbed at half with a hamstring injury and he's been confirmed as out for tomorrow. Without him, our attacking options are pretty dire. Our defence is also pretty poor with a lot of young unpolished, error prone players. NYRB is a solid team and especially when Henry is on. He seems to score every time at BMO and I have a feeling they are going to run riot tomorrow. Their away record isn't very encouraging but 2.30 for the win (Bet 365) is very appealing. Personally, I'm going -1 AH @ 3.55 because I think they'll bag a few and TFC's offence will stutter as usual. However, since this is the MLS and anything can happen, the -0.25 @ 2.00 is likely a safe bet with decent pay. Good luck if you play.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 Not going to spend much time on this one but here's my half baked tip for tomorrow, Aug. 10th: my money is on a Seattle -1 ah and NY -1 parlayed. Came out to a little over 13 on b365. Seattle is playing away at Toronto. Toronto is coming off of a 2 game winning streak but as a fan I've seen they could have also easily lost those games. They are still rebuilding a new squad and they are getting better but they lack goals and attacking talent. Seattle on the other hand have a a very potent attack and they just splashed a lot of money on Clint Dempsey who might make his debut as a substitute. Seattle have started the season slow but they've picked up more points lately and look to be gaining some momentum. They are the better team on paper and I think their offense will be too much for TFC. NYRB are one of the more elite teams in the league and they appear to be coming into this game with good form. Columbus on the other hand have dropped a lot of points including a recent defeat to my poor TFC. NYRB haven't lost to Columbus in 3 years and I think there's a really good chance that streak will continue.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 MLS league: LA Galaxy - Colorado Rapids Los Angeles will miss their two best strikers Donovan and Keane who scored 12 out of last 13 Galaxy's goals. Instead young Villareal and McBean will step up. They are also without first goalkeeper Penedo, and chief in defense Gonzalez. Colorado lost only once in last 10 outings and they could surprise here as they dont have much problems with absences except for Torres. handicap +1 on away team..or X2 is also equivalent ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 LA Galaxy - Chivas LA is in the run for top of the table and play off spot. In attack they have great strikers like Keane and Donovan who can easily score. Chivas is last on the table and in not very good form. In last 13 matches betwen this 2 teams LA have 10 wins. I am expecting easy win of LA in this match. LA to win @ 1.30 LA to win to nill @ 1.90

Re: USA > MLS - 2013

LA Galaxy - Chivas LA is in the run for top of the table and play off spot. In attack they have great strikers like Keane and Donovan who can easily score. Chivas is last on the table and in not very good form. In last 13 matches betwen this 2 teams LA have 10 wins. I am expecting easy win of LA in this match. LA to win @ 1.30 LA to win to nill @ 1.90
This was easy 5-0 .... and in some moments LA looks like they play with 50%

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 MLS Houston Dynamo - Kansas City Kansas won against Columbus with referee help and luck, but they did not look as good as in their previous few matches. Their front line is obviously shaken after they sold Kamara and coach Vermes is rotating a lot and trying different trios, but he still has not found a solution. Their defense and midfield are without best players Zusi and Besler (players that take all set pieces) so I do not see a phase of this match in which they could be better than their hosts who started playing better, are rested and have more players at their disposal. Home team win is a good option, as is that Kansas will not score a goal. But since the visiting team will not take any risk until they find themselves chasing the score, I recommend higher stake on a match without a draw. I think that the visiting team win, if there is no red cards and if some crazy situations do not develop during the match, is highly unlikely. Bet: Draw no bet Tip: 1 Odds: 1.70 BOL ;)

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 DC United - Philadelphia Union DC is worst team in MLS. They have only 15 points from 31 game with -35 goal difference. In last 9 matches in league they have score 0 2 7 and their last match they lost 0-3 vs Chicago. For this game they will be without top goalscorer Dwayne De Rosario. Philadelphia is on 5th place at Eastern conference and they are fighting with Chicago,New England and Montreal for spot for play off. They have 41 points with 0 goal difference. Last 10 matches they have 4 2 4. Phily have great defence and they managed to have 12 games this season with clean sheet. This 2 teams played 2 times this season and both games Phily won. IMO this should be Philadelphia win and price is great. Philadelphia to win @ 2.20 at local bookies.

Re: USA > MLS - 2013

DC United - Philadelphia Union DC is worst team in MLS. They have only 15 points from 31 game with -35 goal difference. In last 9 matches in league they have score 0 2 7 and their last match they lost 0-3 vs Chicago. For this game they will be without top goalscorer Dwayne De Rosario. Philadelphia is on 5th place at Eastern conference and they are fighting with Chicago,New England and Montreal for spot for play off. They have 41 points with 0 goal difference. Last 10 matches they have 4 2 4. Phily have great defence and they managed to have 12 games this season with clean sheet. This 2 teams played 2 times this season and both games Phily won. IMO this should be Philadelphia win and price is great. Philadelphia to win @ 2.20 at local bookies.
I don't know about it.The Union seem to be struggling for goals,especially away from home.DC on the other hand are without De Rosario,who is their best offensive player.Under 2.5 is the way to go in this one.
  • 2 weeks later...

MLS - Toronto vs Montreal Oct. 26th Toronto vs Montreal This is the last game of the season. Toronto are out and Montreal can qualify with a win. If the draw or lose, then they must cross their fingers hoping the other games turn out the right way for them to get through, which is not what they want... They will try to go out for the win. Toronto has not been in great form all year long. They are 1W-1D-4L in their last 6 matchs and tend to give up goals easily. Montreal had a great beginning of season but as of lately, they've had a lot of problems to collect points. They have the same record as Toronto in their last 6 games and they also ten to give up goals way to easily. Last week, Montreal had to win to keep their playoffs hopes alive. They were losing 1-0 after the 1st half and in the second half, they were all offense to get the win. Their main striker, Di Vaio, had tons of chances and they managed to get the win 2-1. I expect Montreal to be all offense against Toronto to try to get the win and get into the playoffs. However, this could expose them in the back and tend to give up a goal. This is the 5th meeting between those teams. Previous results were: TOR 3 MTL 3 MTL 6 TOR 0 TOR 2 MTL 0 MTL 2 TOR 1 I think that MTL will win this game to get into the playoffs because of all the pressure they get from the fans and the media. However, I think they might give up a goal so imo, I would expect the following: MTL to win Both teams to score Over 2.5

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 26 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Philadelphia Union v Sporting Kansas City (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Toronto FC v Montreal Impact (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] San Jose Earthquakes v FC Dallas (22:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 27 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chivas USA v Portland Timbers (02:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] DC United v Houston Dynamo (17:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Columbus Crew v New England Revolution (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Red Bull New York v Chicago Fire (21:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 28 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Vancouver Whitecaps v Colorado Rapids (00:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.92 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Seattle Sounders v Los Angeles Galaxy (01:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 As a Toronto Supporter I think we'll lose but my hearts telling me not to bet this one. Nesta didn't travel with Montreal and their back line is already a bit suspect at times. We're out of the play offs but we also get the chance to ruin that dream for our biggest rivals. Some players will be trying to win a spot for next season so there is some motivation. It's also going to be pretty cold and windy tomorrow with a chance of rain which might affect the quality of play. On the other hand, TFC's beat reporter's projected line up (based on what he saw in training the other day) suggests our first round draft pick, Bekker, is going to get the start in midfield. I haven't been very impressed with how he's been adapting to the league . He will be paired in the centre with our other rookie and this will likely be a weak link for Montreal to exploit. We will also feature three young defenders who are inconsistent so far. Im going to wait for the line ups and hope that toronto maybe nick a first half goal. If they do and Montreal don't look too out of sorts, I'm going to go heavy on the dnb comeback.

• 6 months later...

Re: USA > MLS - 2013 DC United v FC Dallas DC United: Chris Pontius (0/0 m), Michael Seaton (0/0 f) FC Dallas: George John (0/0 d), Andres Escobar (2/0 f) (both doubtful) Columbus Crew v New York Red Bulls Columbus Crew: Wil Trapp (6/0 m), Dominic Oduro (5/0 f) (both doubtful), Bernardo Añor (6/2 m) New York Red Bulls: Andre Akpan (0/0 f), Tim Cahill (5/0 m) (both doubtful), Bobby Convey (5/0 f), Marius Obekop (0/0 m), Richard Eckersley (4/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com