** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March

McNasara

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March Anzhi to win @1.75 So far in EL Anzhi have all 7 wins at home and for this match they will not have any important players missing.They signed Spahic from Sevilla on loan and he is one more player with experience playing in europe.Their coach is Guss Hiddink who knows how to win this competition (Cup Uefa with PSV) On the other side Newcastle biggest problem is goalkeeper,first choice Krul is injured and probably second gk Harper will also miss the match so 3rd gk will start (Elliot)who was on the goal against Southampton (4-2).

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March 4pts Anzhi to beat Newcastle 8/11 Coral I think this will be a hard test for Newcastle but they showed in the last round that they are capable of winning on the road so they will go into the game full of belief. I think the Russians will be too good for Newcastle over 90 minutes though and I would expect them to get some kind of lead to go to Newcastle next week with even if it is only a one goal one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anzhi-vs-newcastle-betting-russian-heavyweights-can-secure-a-lead-to-take-to-england-next-week

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March Guus Hiddink can't count on the best midfielder Boussoufa due to suspension. However they will have the advantage of artificial pitch and very cold weather (-10 degrees). As for Elliot (away gk), he already has three appearances in the Europa League this season (twice against Bordeaux and once against Maritimo). A bigger problem for the Magpies are absences of captain Coloccini and top scorer Cisse. Also Shola Ameobi (their top scorer in this competition) has a problem with playing on artificial grass. Overall, home team is the favorite of course, but their odds are not attractive to me.

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March under 2,5 goals @1.75 bet365 Besides last match with Hannover, Anzhi beat with 1:0 or 2:0 only. Usually, russians don't score goals so much. Also, Newcastle didn't excelled in goals this season, except the match with Bruges which ended 2:2.

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March Anzhi to win to nil - 2.75 BetFred Anzhi have been in the tournament the longest now and I fancy the Russian side for this one strongly. They have only conceded 1 goal at home in this tournament altogether since they started the competition in July. They have also won every game they have had at home in this competition also. Newcastle are without notable players such as Cisse, Debuchy, Gouffran, Krul and Colocinni. All are 1st team starters. Newcastle's first victory away from home in the competition came in the last round with a Shola Ameobi penalty giving them a 1-0 win at Metalist. However, that was not the greatest Metalist side either due to their loss of key player Taison who replaced Willian (who is playing for Anzhi tonight) at Shakhtar. I can see a comfortable victory for Anzhi here with Newcastle setting up a defensive approach and with not much attacking on show.

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March Newcastle is missing important players here. Last match in Europa League against Metalist, Krul saved at least 2 goals for them, and Newcastle scored from the penalty. At the weekend Newcastle is playing against Stoke, and I believe that is much more important game for them as they are just 6 points above the relegation zone and Stoke is not in form. Anzhi has huge motive in this competition and they must take home advantage here I believe they are capable to take it with 2 goals diference, so AH -1@ 2,10 5/10 - Paddy Power) Good Luck! Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, english is not my native language!

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March Who are Ewerton and Eschenko in Anzhi's back 4 and why are they playing??? I know little about this team, but stats show Tagirbekov and Logashov to be regular starters. Ewerton has played 1 match and Eshchenko hasn't played at all! Starting to worry...

Re: Anzhi v Newcastle Utd > Thursday 7th March

Who are Ewerton and Eschenko in Anzhi's back 4 and why are they playing??? I know little about this team, but stats show Tagirbekov and Logashov to be regular starters. Ewerton has played 1 match and Eshchenko hasn't played at all! Starting to worry...
OK. Looks like Eshchenko is a new signing and Ewerton is back from loan. Nevermind :)

under 2,5 goals @1.75 bet365 Besides last match with Hannover, Anzhi beat with 1:0 or 2:0 only. Usually, russians don't score goals so much. Also, Newcastle didn't excelled in goals this season, except the match with Bruges which ended 2:2.
Good tip :ok

Without doubt the worst match I have ever watched and put money on' date=' Thanks Anzhi! :@[/quote'] same here, had them in a double alongside Spurs , overpaid Russians. :angry: they were just terrible and clueless.

Guus Hiddink can't count on the best midfielder Boussoufa due to suspension. However they will have the advantage of artificial pitch and very cold weather (-10 degrees). As for Elliot (away gk)' date=' he already has three appearances in the Europa League this season (twice against Bordeaux and once against Maritimo). A bigger problem for the Magpies are absences of captain Coloccini and top scorer Cisse. Also Shola Ameobi (their top scorer in this competition) has a problem with playing on artificial grass. Overall, home team is the favorite of course, but their odds are not attractive to me.[/quote'] :ok