** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March

I normally don't bet on corners, but for this game I will make an exception for the following reasons. Barcelona must score at least 2 goals without conceding to take this game into extra time, but should Milan score then Barcelona will need 4 goals to qualify. In my opinion Barcelona have a good front line to do so. Last year Milan won 4-0 against Arsenal, but were outplayed at the Emirates when the gunners won 3-0. Milan will most likely defend with 11 playesr while Barcelona will attack. Generally more attacks mean more shots on goal and more corners. However, Milan will play on coutner attacks and score a fe corners themselves. Over 12 Corners @ 3.00 ​William Hill
Think the line is too high. Two Weeks ago we had 7 corners in the match between Milan - barca. odds are prettig decent but still think over 12 is too hig to bet this.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Hi all, So glad the conversation of corners has came up, as Bomber said Barca do not play a game that generally generates lots of corners, even when they do win one it never goes directly into the box, rather a short play that usually goes central. This brings me to a bet which screams value at me, 29/20 Milan +5 on the corner Handicap! William hill I would fancy Milan to win a few corners as any foray upfield will involve the direct pace and power of Boateng, El Shawwary and Niang. Given that Milan have the advantage they may also aim to win a few if in wide positions to give their midfield/ defence a rest from the pressure we have to expect Barca to build. I would welcome any other thoughts but on a night where value seems difficult to find, this sticks out to me as an overaction from the bookies in expecting Barca to destroy Milan from all fronts. Good luck all:ok

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March As a Milan fan I am not going to take any bet in this one. But, still I think both teams to score is a decent bet. Barcelona defense hasn't been reliable lately as they somehow can't keep clean sheet even against the mediocre teams of La Liga. Everyone is expecting Milan to park a bus, I think Allegri will have a different plan, knowing the Barcelona's extremely gifted players' ability when they keep the possession. It is true that Italian league is not at the best level of football due to the financial crisis in Italy, but Milan's winning momentum is really something to consider and we are not a Granada or Celta Vigo however. This team had won the most trophies in Europe and know how to play big matches. I am expecting something extraordinary from El Shaarawy today as he is our top-goal scorer and he is eager to be a symbol in the team. We have seen that Barça can be stopped easily in the first leg and we have seen their recent performances against Real Madrid b2b defeats. I am confident that we are going to score a goal, otherwise it will be too difficult to handle with their never ending attacks. Our best advantage is that we have plenty of young players in our squad who can run entire 90 minutes and can ruin Barça's pass traffic. Anything above @1.7 are worth to be taken for both teams to score. Best of luck. Forza Milan! :) :hope:

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Think the wealth of different opinions on this game show how tough it is to call, I bet on Barca -1.0AH in the first leg and got burnt. Sometimes within a few minutes of games starting you can see the mood of the different teams and how the game is going to pan out, I think that was one of those games as Barca just never got going from the start and didn't look like causing Milan many problems. I probably won't be betting on the game, but if I was I would wait 10 or so minutes into it before deciding, Barca rarely score quick goals, they are usually about wearing the other team out with quick passing, there is a bit of a risk but I would want to see how the pattern of the game starts, I don't really know where the 'value' lies in this game, neither price of either side to qualify appeals. I wouldn't back corners in any way in this one either, Milan +5 looks a better shout but the way Barca play means corners are kept to a minimum, mainly from deflected shots or keeper saves as they rarely cross from out wide.

I would welcome any other thoughts but on a night where value seems difficult to find, this sticks out to me as an overaction from the bookies in expecting Barca to destroy Milan from all fronts. Good luck all:ok
It's a tough one for me as Barcelona will probably be pretty relentless, but I also agree they play possession football, and aren't likely to play for corners like a Stoke City would. Although I still thinks its a risky bet to take as Milan probably won't get forward that much early on, and a lot depends on whether Barca are still 0-0, going into the second half.... Or other score lines may dictate how desperate things get. I get the feeling Milan may hold on for long periods, and may be under the cosh.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Cheers lads, its still very much a bet under consideration because Barca will have 65-70% of the ball and it depends on deflections/saves as to how many corners they will gain. I do feel Milan should get around 3 corners so anything under 8 from Barca would see the bet in. I would also fancy Milan as more likely to turn 1 corner into 2 as they must see themselves as the superior team from set peices and also that it is one of Barcas key weaknesses. Ladbrokes have 6/5 on Milan to take more than 2 corners which may be a better bet as although the odds are shorter the likelyhood is that they will force a few and always have the chance of a lucky deflection or may sustain pressure from a set peice. If feeling a bit more of a gamble coming off then a massive 13/5 is avaliable on Milan more than 3 corners, a huge jump when considering that is based on just 1 more corner. Be back soon as I should be teaching at this moment!!

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I think the corner handicap on Milan have som value! I may also go in on 0-0 halftime or under 1 goal first half (asian). I think its gonna be a tight game and the Milan defence is way better than the average La Liga-team which Barca are used to play against. Also Milan+1 (asian) in the first half can be interesting. I think its gonna open up in the second half though, when Barca are forced to attack! Anyone for/against?

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Just had a quick look at the stats from the first leg and Milan had 3 corners to Barcas 4, this was with 65% possession to Barca. I expect it to be more 70%-30% to Barca for this second leg but as the stats show its not always the percentage of the ball you have but what you do with it. I am more than likely going to take the +5 handicap but just deciding on stakes.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March This game is a huge no bet for me. I can't find any value on any odds. I see on other forums many people are backing Barsa for this game. But how can someone put his money on that odds when it's obvious that Barcelona is not the team they used to be. I don't know what is the reason maybe their coach, maybe luck of motivation these players play together for so long and they won every single tittle. But Barsa looks shaky at this point of season, they couldn't keep clean sheet against mediocre teams in la liga. In that games pressure wasn't too big on them and they recieved at least one goal. In this game they must attack if they want to go to the next round, but Messi didn't score against italian club only 3 goals from penalty. AC Milan is unpredictable. They raise from the dead and they play their best football. Even I'm fan of AC Milan I can't trust them. Look at last year Arsenal games. 4-0 and next game they lost 3-0. Logical bet will be BTS but that depend most of Barcelona. If Barsa don't score in the first 30 minutes I think Milan will try to defend current result not to attack. AC Milan shown in the first game they can defend against this Barcelona. Barcelona didn't show good football lately so how can anyone put his money on them? How Barsa will perform? Will Milan play like first game or they will vanish just like they did last year? Too many unknowns about this game to risk my money here.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Amateur people rely on odds. Nonamateur people rely on stats and form. 1.30 on barca is bookies "gift", and this event is probably by far most played today. Bookies cheat amateurs, not me. Look at this contradiction, Milan are favourite to qualify with odds 1,7 and odds for milan to win are 9. Realistic ? Don't think so.........I haven't put a single penny on Barca this season

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I put my bet on Total fouls 26.5+ @ 1.85 at my local bookie. I went through the stats and realised, that even though Barca has a lot of ball, they still commit quite a high number of fouls (even though there were some exceptions, but mostly, they were against teams of a smaller caliber). Considering the importance of this game and the fact that Barcelona will have to pressure Milan, I think the Spaniards will commit some fouls. First leg, for example, saw Barca commit 12 fouls while having the ball 66% of the time. Milan, on the other hand, will surely get double digit fouls. They will be happy to stop Barca with those small fouls in the middle of the pitch, because Barcelona aren't strong on set pieces. Also, let's not forget that they are Italinas, i.e. the masters of such fouls. They commited 15 fouls in the first leg and I'd guess, that they will commit more today. Last but not least, both teams are from Southern Europe and teams from there are known for simulating a lot of fouls. While this may sound a little stereotypical, but it's a thing that wouldn't be easy to deny. Also, people from there are emotional, so if the added time sees that the result is not 2-0, we may see some frustration fouls, due to the fact, that one of the teams will know, that they are about to be kicked out of the Champions league. I'm quite an unexperienced punter and I would surely love to get some feedback from my more experienced colleagues :)

Amateur people rely on odds. Nonamateur people rely on stats and form. 1.30 on barca is bookies "gift"' date=' and this event is probably by far most played today. Bookies cheat amateurs, not me. Look at this contradiction, Milan are favourite to qualify with odds 1,7 and odds for milan to win are 9. Realistic ? Don't think so.........I haven't put a single penny on Barca this season[/quote'] Which are you? An amateur or a 'nonamateur?'

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March for all the Barca supporters(which are quite limited) you should have in mind that Messi has never scored from open play against an Italian club, 3 goals from 9 games and all are from penalties, so ''the biggest'' thread for AC Milan might be easily defended. A value bet I see is penalty as others have mentioned, but best thing is just to watch the game and enjoy it :)

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Wouldn't like to put too much of my hard earned money on trying to call the result tonight - as has already been said, this game will depend on how the first 20-30 minutes go, and if Barca score there should be fireworks. I think Barca will win the tie but at 1.3 I'm not looking to risk enough to make it worthwhile. I can envisage some serious work on the back foot for Milan, and with players running at them I can see plenty of fouls against. Barca are about the cleanest team in La Liga (I think) so Milan to get shown more cards appears to be 'free money'. Have gone on a less risky line than the bookie's main offering (-2) but will be doubling that down to increase the odds a little. AC Milan (-1) card handicap (@1.57) & Schalke-Gala BTTS (@1.66) 4 pts on the DOUBLE @ 2.61 (B365)

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Barcelona v AC Milan Milan Corners - 2 or 3 @ 2.05 (Ladbrokes) 5pts Milan Corners - Over 3 @ 3.60 (Ladbrokes) 5pts I think this will play out like the first leg. Barcelona will dominate possession and Milan will hit them on the counter. I don't really rate Barcelona's defence (aside from Pique) and Barcelona in my opinion are more likely to concede corners against Milan than Milan are against Barca who prefer direct play through the centre or passing it around on the edge of the box/cutting in and back. As long as Milan get more than 1 corner, I'll make profit. More than 3 corners and I'm in huge profit. Even if Barcelona dominate and score a couple of goals early on, Milan should fight back to try and get that away goal, leading hopefully to at least a couple of corners.

Barcelona v AC Milan Milan Corners - 2 or 3 @ 2.05 (Ladbrokes) 5pts Milan Corners - Over 3 @ 3.60 (Ladbrokes) 5pts I think this will play out like the first leg. Barcelona will dominate possession and Milan will hit them on the counter. I don't really rate Barcelona's defence (aside from Pique) and Barcelona in my opinion are more likely to concede corners against Milan than Milan are against Barca who prefer direct play through the centre or passing it around on the edge of the box/cutting in and back. As long as Milan get more than 1 corner, I'll make profit. More than 3 corners and I'm in huge profit. Even if Barcelona dominate and score a couple of goals early on, Milan should fight back to try and get that away goal, leading hopefully to at least a couple of corners.
Small profit. So close to a bigger profit. Went as expected really.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Game went as expected.For a moment everybody forgot barca have the finest plkayer on the planet and the best midfielder in Iniesta.Milan played as well as they could.Cant fault the defence because its not like Barca created 15 chances, they scored from almost all their shots. Bottom line is if you have the ball most of the time your chances of winning are higher, doesnt matter what people say.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Allegri made a blunder when he didnt involve Muntari as DM from the beginnig. He is excellent duel player and first two goals were results of duel lacking and preventing Messi to shoot with his left leg. Slow defending and Muntari out with awful Ambrosini's 68% passing was the difference. Barca played same like against Real, with not much pace or idea and they could thank Milan for their errors. Real Madrid is favourite to win this competition in my opinion. Barca will have problems with disciplined teams like Juve or Bayern in next phase(s) of competion.