** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I think Milan to qualify is a good option.Bet365 offers 1.75.Barca lack ideas upfront.We saw that in Italy and now at Camp Nou.They have to score at least two goals which would be too hard to be done especially against very well organized defence like Milan's.Personally i am not sure if Milan are going to park the bus.It is very likely Barca to be outplayed once again at Camp Nou but even if that don't happen i think they cannot cover -2 handicap.Milan to qualify Gl

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March After having watched Milan destroy Lazio (bearing in mind Lazio were down to 10 men), I can't help but think they have a real good chance at winning the Champions League this year. Don't get me wrong, they would certainly be an underdog but all depending on the odds, they might be an underdog worth considering. They seem to have found their form as of late and seem to be playing like a real unit right from the back to the front. In the match against Lazio, Balotelli wasn't even playing and so far since his transfer to AC Milan, he has been scoring a good few goals. I know this match up isn't for a good week or so yet but I can see Milan getting themselves another strong victory and I'm going to go with them right to the very end. Earlier today I watched Real Madrid beat Barcelona 2-1 and I can't help but think Barcelona seem to have lost their magic touch recently. I'm not quite sure what it is but their one touch pass possession game isn't proving to be the secret remedy that it was once. Teams are finding ways to counteract against their play and they have been struggling as of late. I'm going to check out the odds for this fixture sooner rather than later before the odds begin to dip. As it stands though, I'm fairly confident of another victory for a new reformed Milan team! EDIT: Just checked the odds and they look far better than I first thought. So for this one, I'm going with the following: Barcelona vs AC Milan - AC Milan WIN @ 10/1 w/ StanJames

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March

I think Milan to qualify is a good option.Bet365 offers 1.75.Barca lack ideas upfront.We saw that in Italy and now at Camp Nou.They have to score at least two goals which would be too hard to be done especially against very well organized defence like Milan's.Personally i am not sure if Milan are going to park the bus.It is very likely Barca to be outplayed once again at Camp Nou but even if that don't happen i think they cannot cover -2 handicap.Milan to qualify Gl
I agree. The price is down to 1.66 now, but to me is still attractive. Barca are really struggling. They've conceded at least one goal in each of their last 13 games, whilst Milan are unbeaten in 9, having scored in the last 8. I expect the Italians to find the net in Camp Nou, and that would leave Barca having to score 4 to qualify, which I feel is too tall an order.

The thing with expecting Milan to score is that they don't need to win as they obviously hold a two goal advantage. So I can't see them opening up too much, and Barca will be very weary of the fact they are two down. And this is Barca we're talking about.... Talk of a crisis is a little premature IMO.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Hi.I havent posted in a while. I must say I was shocked to see that the bookies had made Barca underdogs to qualify for the quarter finals.Granted the champions league has changed a lot in the last 5 years but the truth of the matter is 5 years ago with a 2 goal deficit, the home team would be overwhelming favourite.Only a 3 goal deficit was considered unrecoverable but I remember Deportivo Lo Coruna overtunrning a 3 goal deficit.A lot has changed in recent times, away teams have some form of advantage as most teams are setup to counter attack but I think a few things have been missed with regards to the odds being offered by bookies regarding the Milan and Barca game. Firstly when you check the outright odds to win the competition, Barca are 3rd favourites behind Bayern and Real Madrid.Milan are a distant 6th.Nobody has faith in this Milan team and if you look at the game itself the first goal shouldnt have counted.Granted Barca are ponderous without a hint of penetration but reports of a crisis are based on 3 games in which 2 of them they were comfortable until they conceded the goals. Im not sure what constitutes a crisis but in the cold light of day Barcerlona have the best player in the world, the finest goal getter in world football (Messi) and the best midfielder in Iniesta.What does Milan Have? Yes they will be organised defensively and Barca will struggle, like they did against Chelsea last season but what tools do Milan have to make them favourites to qualify?Chelsea had luck, what does Milan have really? A lot of people say if Milan scores Barca need to score 4 , but will Milan score? Actually only way I can see Milan qualify is if they score because they will not hold out for 90 minutes. The way I see this game going is Milan will hope to hit Barca on the counter but I think Barca defence will be a lot more organised and will deal with them easily unless Milan score from a setpiece. Barca will win this match 2-0 in 90 minutes and eliminate AC Milan in extra time. 13/10 for Barcelona to qualify is too much in my opinion especially when you consider the seasons the respective team have had.Milan has been poor until the last 6 weeks, while Barca have been imperious until the last 2 weeks. It almost feels like a no brainer to me.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Red card for Milan and/or penalty for Barca (according to experiences form the past). I dont know the odds, but it is a "must" for Barcelona if they want to pass this one. There is no other way, otherwise Milan will score certainly and Barca will have to bag four. We all know the rule of 10 man opponent on Camp Nou in CL.

Im not sure what constitutes a crisis but in the cold light of day Barcerlona have the best player in the world, the finest goal getter in world football (Messi) and the best midfielder in Iniesta.What does Milan Have? Yes they will be organised defensively and Barca will struggle, like they did against Chelsea last season but what tools do Milan have to make them favourites to qualify?Chelsea had luck, what does Milan have really? A lot of people say if Milan scores Barca need to score 4 , but will Milan score? Actually only way I can see Milan qualify is if they score because they will not hold out for 90 minutes. The way I see this game going is Milan will hope to hit Barca on the counter but I think Barca defence will be a lot more organised and will deal with them easily unless Milan score from a setpiece. Barca will win this match 2-0 in 90 minutes and eliminate AC Milan in extra time. 13/10 for Barcelona to qualify is too much in my opinion especially when you consider the seasons the respective team have had.Milan has been poor until the last 6 weeks, while Barca have been imperious until the last 2 weeks. It almost feels like a no brainer to me.
Milan certainly can score against Barcelona defense that hasn't been reliable lately and Milan strikers are too sharp. Milan have plenty of young players, who can run entire 90 minutes and make Barcelona frustrated the likes of Niang, El Shaarawy, Boateng. What does Milan have? Hunger. These players are hungry for success unlike the veterans who left the team last season , Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Inzaghi. My only concern is our defense because we do not have solid centre-backs and we are going to miss Mexes. But I am confident that we can score against Barcelona, my biggest concern is the referees, probably Barcelona earning a penalty kick or a Milan player gettin a player sent off in the match.

Barca pitch is wider and better quality than Milan's could this be a factor in Barcas favour?
I thing the pitch dimensions is the same. Some interesting facts, before the game:
  • The last time Barcelona exited the Champions League at the last 16 stage was in 2006/07. It was against Liverpool.
  • Barcelona have failed to score in their last two Champions League games for the first time since April 2008.
  • Barcelona have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six knockout games in the Champions League at Camp Nou (four wins, two draws).
  • AC Milan's last victory against Barcelona at the Camp Nou in the Champions League was in September 2000 (2-0). Since then, they've had two draws and two defeats.
  • AC Milan have conceded at least three goals in four of their last six away games in the Champions League knockout stages.
  • AC Milan have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight away games in the Champions League.
  • AC Milan's last away win the Champions League knockout stages was against Bayern Munich in April 2007 (2-0).
  • Barcelona (5,447) have completed 3,251 more passes than AC Milan (2,196) in the Champions League this season.
  • AC Milan's last seven goals in the Champions League have all been in the second-half.
  • Lionel Messi only made one touch inside the opposition box in the first leg and didn't get a single shot on target.
  • Stephan El Shaarawy has been directly involved in four of Milan's last eight goals in the Champions League (two goals, two assists).

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Taking the UEFA Mafia -1.5 goals at -120 Sorry guys, I've seen this one too many times. Either Barcelona gets a Milan player sent off or they get a shoddy penalty kick. I know this isn't the best reasoning for a bet, but I have every da-mn reason in the world not to trust UEFA. I also think that Barcelona will be able to break down Milan defensively at the Camp Nou. Milan has been great and they have form in their adavantage as well, but I am going with the Catalans in this battle

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Odds of penalty or red card are approximately 3.00 or higher for this match for most of bookies. I believe this one is a safe bet. Odds of 1.30 for barca to win is a pure underestimating of Milan squad, and it is definitely not attractive. Barca to qualify (i believe unfarily) is 2.00 or higher. Forza Milan, crush those overconfident catalan fakers.

Taking the UEFA Mafia -1.5 goals at -120 Sorry guys, I've seen this one too many times. Either Barcelona gets a Milan player sent off or they get a shoddy penalty kick. I know this isn't the best reasoning for a bet, but I have every da-mn reason in the world not to trust UEFA. I also think that Barcelona will be able to break down Milan defensively at the Camp Nou. Milan has been great and they have form in their adavantage as well, but I am going with the Catalans in this battle
It is good to remember that Barcelona had probably 2 or 3 decent games since the beginning of the year - Getafe and Espanol at home, and Malaga away. Basically all the rest has been a very poor performance. Meanwhile, Milan is on the rise, and if we take into account the points gained after January 1st, they should be leading Serie A. It is also good to wait for line-ups. If I see the clowns Alcantara and Adriano in the starting eleven, I would never touch Barca on a handicap.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March 5pts AC Milan to qualify 8/11 Blue Square I’m amazed really that AC Milan are as big as 8/11 to qualify from this position. First of all it isn’t a guarantee that Barcelona score twice in the first place but with the pace Milan have on the counter attack there is no reason at all why Milan can’t score and that would pretty much put the tie to bed. Barcelona haven’t looked the flourishing invincible side they have built a reputation of being for a while and I fully expect the Italians to qualify now. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-ac-milan-betting-italian-giants-can-see-the-job-through-in-barcelona

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Hi, barca will be attacking wave after wave, they don't know how to defend when put under pressure, i think Milan will score at least one and i think the game will finish 3-1 barca go out. does anyone else think the 3.5+ goals in the match will be a decent bet tomorrow?

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Very difficult to say. Barca is short of solutions in attack if Messi fails. I think 3 goals at most in this match, it is easy to say that Barca has to score, other thing is to score 3 to tough opponent. I woudnt out my hand in fire for more than three. I would say 2-1 or 1-1 as a final result tommorow.

The match comes down to 1 simple thing if Barcelona score in the first 10 minutes it will be utter chaos at the nou camp. Ac Milan will get absolutely overwhelmed by the pressure and will feel the need to push forward which could send the game into a goal fest. On the other hand Ac Milan score 1st and they don't even bother going forward and Barcelona find the pressure of scoring 4 to much and the game finishes 1-1 or 0-1. If your taking goals the early goal is vital even more so than any other match and you can burn your bets if it gets to half an hour with the score at 0-0

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I normally don't bet on corners, but for this game I will make an exception for the following reasons. Barcelona must score at least 2 goals without conceding to take this game into extra time, but should Milan score then Barcelona will need 4 goals to qualify. In my opinion Barcelona have a good front line to do so. Last year Milan won 4-0 against Arsenal, but were outplayed at the Emirates when the gunners won 3-0. Milan will most likely defend with 11 playesr while Barcelona will attack. Generally more attacks mean more shots on goal and more corners. However, Milan will play on coutner attacks and score a fe corners themselves. Over 12 Corners @ 3.00 ​William Hill

I normally don't bet on corners, but for this game I will make an exception for the following reasons. Barcelona must score at least 2 goals without conceding to take this game into extra time, but should Milan score then Barcelona will need 4 goals to qualify. In my opinion Barcelona have a good front line to do so. Last year Milan won 4-0 against Arsenal, but were outplayed at the Emirates when the gunners won 3-0. Milan will most likely defend with 11 playesr while Barcelona will attack. Generally more attacks mean more shots on goal and more corners. However, Milan will play on coutner attacks and score a fe corners themselves. Over 12 Corners @ 3.00 ​William Hill
at Unibet you get 1.75 for over 10.5 corners ;)

I normally don't bet on corners, but for this game I will make an exception for the following reasons. Barcelona must score at least 2 goals without conceding to take this game into extra time, but should Milan score then Barcelona will need 4 goals to qualify. In my opinion Barcelona have a good front line to do so. Last year Milan won 4-0 against Arsenal, but were outplayed at the Emirates when the gunners won 3-0. Milan will most likely defend with 11 playesr while Barcelona will attack. Generally more attacks mean more shots on goal and more corners. However, Milan will play on coutner attacks and score a fe corners themselves. Over 12 Corners @ 3.00 ​William Hill
From watching Barcelona games, i've noticed that they are a team that doesn't generate many corners.. They play mostly in the middle of the field and don't depend on guys going wide and crossing ball into the box which is how a lot of corners are seperated. Countless, times you'll alves run down the right wing and get the ball in perfect position for a cross only to pass it back to messi or iniesta in front of the box. Basically, if there are corners, they would have to come from shots being saved by the keeper or getting deflected by the defense and lately, Barca just haven't been geting many shots on net.. Just my take

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I realise this is my first post but I do show an avid interest in peoples thoughts/opinions on this site in order to formulate my own plays and often I agree with most on where to go. However, if you think about this logically, the bookies slant is surely to attract backers of milan going through with the advantage they have, safe in the knowledge that Barca could quite easily go and smash them 4-5 nil if they really click on the night. Barca are not in bad shape, they've lost to Madrid twice (narrowly) who knocked out Man Utd in this comp and are one of the 2-3 sides who actually have the quality to win the thing. No big deal for me. They head the Spanish league by some way and their teamsheet just speaks for itself. Barca will win this game the question is will it be enough to get through? But if you are backing anything on the Barca side you can be sure to get your monies worth for the full 90 minutes - no doubt about it. Milan are in decent form in poor league (in my opinion) and well lets be fair, their teamsheet and 'quality' just isnt comparable to Barca. Barca are also at home, and have 90,000 willing them on. This will be an absolute onslaught tonight. And you forget Messi has scored in 15 consecutive league games and he has guys around him who can chip in so can we really see Barca not making a real game of this? The deficit they have has put me off Barca to qualify outright (albeit I honestly think they will) but I think the play is to back Barca HT/FT and I think this clearly has value due to their 'need' to attack from the off. They can easily score early in this game and run the thing very close and if they do get ahead they will go on to win it, the question is by how many. I suppose the safety on this pick is if Milan do score (if/when they need to) then we still have the outright win to fall back on but early on from a tactical perspective Milan wont be trying to score at all and Barca most definitely will. The Milan reaction will only come if Barca run it close (2-0 and onwards). PICK: Barca HT/FT at 1.85 (Betfair)

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March Odds on barca are a joke. personally i think three is no value in backing barca at this price! Think barca Will need some "help" of the referee to break down the italian defenders. So i Will back the penalty given yes and red card given yes. Both odds with different bookmakers around 3.5 - 4.0.

Re: Barcelona v Milan > Tue 12th March I am attracted by the bet penalty in the game yes at the usual price of 3; the things that scares me in this match is dued to the fact that Barsa is without a real coach since motnhs and results are there; no good play even with the wins, but it is strange that champions like barcellona's ones forgotten completely on have to move well in a pitch. Tonight it is needed a top performance from every body, and milan is in good form and morale now, and Allegri knows how to put tonight the team out. Really cannot point myself towards signs yet, but i will try a stake 2 this bet.