** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

cheltenham chat thread 2013

beaker1

wow can not believe its 19 days till the festival and theres hardly any activity on here at all, this time last year this was one of the most active section of the whole forum i know other members have not allways got time due to other commitments ect but its rather disappointing when the biggest meeting of the whole national hunt season is 19 days away and no one seems intrested

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013 Bit of a newbie so should really start posting more as I come on here everyday. I can't wait now just booked my usual 4 days off and going on Champion Hurdle Day and Gold Cup day and the other two will be spent watching with mates or my Brother, really can't wait. I really like reading the preview nights and I think there is one tonight where David Pipe is attending so look forward to the write up if anyone is going? I have built up a good solid antepost book through profits where most look like they will make the big week, fingers crossed.

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013 Absolutely buzzing for Cheltenham! I can't wait to hear the crowd for the start of the Supreme! I've been backing antepost since October, didn't always have time to write what i've backed at the time and now the prices have collapsed i don't wanna be seen to be after timing about them! i've got a couple of write ups of selections i hope to get up by the weekend! Willing to chat about anything to do with the festival, so if you've anything you wanna discuss put it up and i'll try my best to reply, also really hoping those who put up the festival preview reviews will be doing so again this year as they always serve as an informative read! Would also love to hear people's thoughts on the Foxhunters (think Addpea usually follows them) as it's something i know nothing about!

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013

wow can not believe its 19 days till the festival and theres hardly any activity on here at all' date=' this time last year this was one of the most active section of the whole forum i know other members have not allways got time due to other commitments ect but its rather disappointing when the biggest meeting of the whole national hunt season is 19 days away and no one seems intrested[/quote'] Give it time, be patient Mrs / Miss beaker.

Beaker, you will find there is plenty of chat been going on in some of the main page threads but I suppose it will kick in from now as we get more info on which horses are declared for what I have no interest in ante post as most winners at Cheltenham are big on the day anyway and it's the early prices that are important I will be hoovering bet fair each day !

Beaker, you will find there is plenty of chat been going on in some of the main page threads but I suppose it will kick in from now as we get more info on which horses are declared for what I have no interest in ante post as most winners at Cheltenham are big on the day anyway and it's the early prices that are important I will be hoovering bet fair each day !
For handicaps yeah but the graded races i think the only way to play them is antepost, prices of all the market principals just contracts as the jumps season goes on and no value in them on the day!

For handicaps yeah but the graded races i think the only way to play them is antepost' date=' prices of all the market principals just contracts as the jumps season goes on and no value in them on the day![/quote'] Grade winners last year rock on ruby, sir des champs, synchronised, cinders and ashes, finials rainbow etc I don't recall these being well backed prior I am always surprised by the good things turned over

Grade winners last year rock on ruby' date=' sir des champs, synchronised, cinders and ashes, finials rainbow etc I don't recall these being well backed prior I am always surprised by the good things turned over[/quote'] Cinders And Ashes went off at around 10-1 but was backed on here at 25-1 A.P by some members! Finians Rainbow was put up on here @ 8-1 A.P, went off around 4-1! Sir Des Champ was a tricky one last year cos no one knew if he was going R.S.A or Jewson but i know at least 7's was available when it looked like a decision was made A.P, around 4's again on the day! The Champion Hurdle was a falsely run race for me and i'm not sure about the Antepost prices of last year but i do know this year that Hurricane fly could of been backed at 5-1 A.P, that won't be around on the day! Synchronised just outstayed non Gold Cup horses last year! (bar Long Run but he had a poor season last year) He was 12's even after Prisewise put him up so he must of been a tasty price Antepost! That won't be the case this year and it'll be won by the market leaders, most of which have been shortening as the season goes on and will probably be shorter on the day! I'm not saying so called good things don't get turned over but when you get 5's on that so called good thing and it goes off at Evs, you know in the long run you'll make a profit!

Beaker, it seems at the moment we have more 'flat' members on here this year and are more looking forward to the Lincoln than the Festival would you believe!! I'm sure your input is appreciated and look forward to your previews:ok
Flat Racing :puke

Beaker, it seems at the moment we have more 'flat' members on here this year and are more looking forward to the Lincoln than the Festival would you believe!! I'm sure your input is appreciated and look forward to your previews:ok
seriously! I cant wait for seeing Sprinter Sacre trying to keep its unbeaten record over fences by taking the QM this year, the champion hurdler return of hurricane fly, the arkle between FAgo, Simonsig and Overturn. The Gold cup is as competitive this year than the last 10 years. The supreme also looks a very decent race this year with next years Champion hurdle possibles on show. Then there are the handicaps which i love to try to solve Its a pity we have lost Darlan, Al Ferof, Big Bucks from the line up but i cant wait for this years festival as usual and already working on the key trends for my bets.

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013 Just remember no survivors this year, FULL ATTACK, if the bookmaker exits Cheltenham with Cash, we have failed. Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail. Enjoy the rest of your home leave Men / Women, we rendezvos at 07:40 Hrs on Tuesday 12th March 2013 for the Morning Line. Tell the Bookmaker to bring his / her fecking dinner. I repeat, NO SURVIVORS, Now fall out. Hiroshima_article-1165768-015727D3000004B0-958_468x351.jpg

Just remember no survivors this year, FULL ATTACK, if the bookmaker exits Cheltenham with Cash, we have failed. Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail. Enjoy the rest of your home leave Men / Women, we rendezvos at 07:40 Hrs on Tuesday 12th March 2013 for the Morning Line. Tell the Bookmaker to bring his / her fecking dinner. I repeat, NO SURVIVORS, Now fall out. Hiroshima_article-1165768-015727D3000004B0-958_468x351.jpg
Hahaha, great post! I can't wait. I've had quite a bit on antepost and all those horses bar 1 have been cut in price by a couple of points minimum so if they get cut even more then I'm onto a profit. Antepost betting is still decent! Nearly 2 weeks.

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013 I havent checked BetVictor but Bet365 pretty much halved their prices! Cheeky gits. There should be a few more following suit this weekend anyway. I'm interested in Carlito Brigante but he has about 5 entries(!) so NRNB looks the way to go. I try to stay away from antepost as im not very good at it :lol My three bets this year were Quevega for the World Hurdle @ 14.0, Last Instalment for the Gold Cup @ 55.0 and Pearl Swan for the Champion Hurdle at 65.0 I wont get a run from any of those!

I havent checked BetVictor but Bet365 pretty much halved their prices! Cheeky gits. There should be a few more following suit this weekend anyway. I'm interested in Carlito Brigante but he has about 5 entries(!) so NRNB looks the way to go.!
Yeah noticed that Bet365 have halved their price the buggers, I really fancy one for the coral cup was 33's a few days ago now 14's with them :@. Captain Jimmy 2 shoes those horrible little pests (the bookies) have already battened down the hatches we need more ammo, Sir!

Yeah noticed that Bet365 have halved their price the buggers, I really fancy one for the coral cup was 33's a few days ago now 14's with them :@. Captain Jimmy 2 shoes those horrible little pests (the bookies) have already battened down the hatches we need more ammo, Sir!
Warning shot prepared private Ted. terrier-malmute.jpg

Re: cheltenham chat thread 2013 Always try and get the retirement money in from the festival each year and this years pipe and slippers bet is 25 each way acca on. Finians Rainbow for the 2mile chase, Double Dizzy in the x country, Overturn arkle, Un Atout supreme and the hurricane in the CH. All being well I should be there to see the races as well. Club enclosure this time, tattersalls was stupidly busy when I first went two years ago and whilst I dont expect to have the place to myself in the club enclosure I do hope that this time I can actually get to see some live horseracing and not just in a tent at the back of the parade ring watching it on a plasma screen. It really is about time they built another large stand on the opposite side of the course!

Really looking forward to the weights coming out for the handicaps' date=' i've got 1 hurdler and 1 chaser that i have in my list as i think they are plot jobs this year.[/quote'] For Christ sake McCain gives out our mick today that's one of mine! Was hoping he'd not mention it Would have given katenko a race had it not fallen LTO

Every time I read this thread I start getting excited! I just want it to be here already!
x2 :) the goose pimples are starting and ive got 27 races still to look at over the next 12 days, buy the weekender preview next week also also review last years papers and my staking - got records i retain each year (statto!)